Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Prime trailer is set on Tau (i think)

Sevenus.

Does anyone recognize the area that wisp prime's trailer was shot at? i get that feeling that its somewhat a new area as it doesnt look similar to any of the Earth's tiles nor the plains of Eidolon.

At the beginning of the trailer Ballas talks about the "new earth" (referring to Tau) and Wisp is fighting sentients in the trailer which i don't recall seeing any in any of the prime trailers.

this could be a duviri cave/tileset but if thats the case then what are the sentients do there and how come the waframe is operational there(yes i know, you could briefly use warframes in Duviri, im not referring to the Undercroft).

Could it be that this is sort of a sneak into the Tau region?

• Like 1

It's an interesting thought but it does look very Earth-like. The only unusual thing are the holes in the ground:

W1cX9kG.png

umpA7SR.png

But none of that screams Tau to me.

Tau is also described as an "alien blue star" that "was dark and blinding beyond us", but the sky isn't very blue.

ZjR66Y9.png

The Orokin were also interested in fixing Earth, which was an Infested wasteland. "New heaven, new Earth" could just refer to, well, Earth.

12 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

It's an interesting thought but it does look very Earth-like. The only unusual thing are the holes in the ground:

W1cX9kG.png

umpA7SR.png

But none of that screams Tau to me.

Tau is also described as an "alien blue star" that "was dark and blinding beyond us", but the sky isn't very blue.

ZjR66Y9.png

The Orokin were also interested in fixing Earth, which was an Infested wasteland. "New heaven, new Earth" could just refer to, well, Earth.

true, but have we seen this area before?

usually DE uses already in-game tilesets for their prime trailers, i dont recall seeing this place on any of Earth's missions or plains of eidolon.

looks much newer compare to these tilesets in terms of design.

i somewhat disagree that the reference of new earth is earth after the orokin will "fix" it, after all they were the ones destroying it and after that the grineer if i recall currectly.

Edited by Sevenus.
  • Like 1

Saryn Prime cleansed Earth of its rampant Infestation, then Wisp Prime came to Ballas in a dream to help seed life (plantlife at least) in the aftermath of the greatest of plagues.

Or are you implying Wisp's assets- portals reached even farther than the Zariman did?

Edit: the scene looked like Wisp's  nursery/garden where her Reservoirs grew, with all those densely packed holes containing what appears to be water.

Edited by PsiWarp
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Saryn Prime cleansed Earth of its rampant Infestation, then Wisp Prime came to Ballas in a dream to help seed life (plantlife at least) in the aftermath of the greatest of plagues.

Or are you implying Wisp's assets- portals reached even farther than the Zariman did?

Edit: the scene looked like Wisp's  nursery/garden where her Reservoirs grew, with all those densely packed holes containing what appears to be water.

I guess.

i just want to know what that area is and where can i view it up-close.

all the prime trailers use in-game areas or captura rooms that are avaliable in-game. i don't recognize this area as any of the Earth or Plains.

just something seemed off when i saw an unknown tile/area, ballas talking about the new vision of a new earth and sentients to appear.

4 minutes ago, Sevenus. said:

true, but have we seen this area before?

usually DE uses already in-game tilesets for their prime trailers, i dont recall seeing this place on any of Earth's missions or plains of eidolon.

looks much newer compare to these tilesets in terms of design.

Oh it's definitely a new area. Just don't think it's Tau.

7 minutes ago, Sevenus. said:

i somewhat disagree that the reference of new earth is earth after the orokin will "fix" it, after all they were the ones destroying it and after that the grineer if i recall currectly.

They were pretty invested in fixing Earth. Silvana and the Silver Grove, for example. And they (or Titania) kind of succeeded, given how not-hellscape Earth is in the present day.

58 minutes ago, Sevenus. said:

They do, but only in the sense of tilesets aesthetic. This is just the same as Oberon Prime trailer. It's meant to look like the Earth Forest, but not an exact tile.

12 hours ago, Atsia said:

They do, but only in the sense of tilesets aesthetic. This is just the same as Oberon Prime trailer. It's meant to look like the Earth Forest, but not an exact tile.

IIRC the Valkyr Prime trailer also took place in its own custom environment. It resembles the Corpus Outpost tileset but as far as I'm aware there are no tiles in-game that match its layout.

18 hours ago, Sevenus. said:

all the prime trailers use in-game areas or captura rooms that are avaliable in-game.

Then... where is the Saryn Prime trailer set?

And what tile is Vauban Prime on?

I mean, it's easier for DE to use existing tiles, but they're not above using areas that we haven't seen.