The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

1 minute ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

my $400+ on tennocon merch wasn't enough to be classed as an official supporter it seems 

i still love this game but what a bitter way to end the 10 year celebrations

Are you talking about all the previous tennocon merch combined or all from this years tennocon?

1 minute ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

the joys of being an international fan  😅

i knew it would be expensive from just the shipping alone so i spent months putting money aside ready for the merch

I know that pain too well :(

• Like 1

The latest thread regarding the Heirloom pack is total cr@p. It didn't do anything about the predatory tactic and it didn't even answer players' concerns directly. 

What's the f**king deal with the Regal Ayas and the predatory price? 

Why are these sh!t bundled together with no separate pack options?

Are these skins staying FOMO forever?

Are the FOMOs staying in future Heirloom packs (I assume they are - because of Tencent)? Is it gonna be the new norm?

I am going to address DE as [DE]ncent in the future because it's totally that specific sh!t hole they are throwing their game into.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jivy said:

I mean the founders badge was bought instead of earned

That's an edge case that does deserve recognition due to what the Founders program accomplished for the game at large. The nature of the Heirloom Accolade is disrespectful to anyone who's purchased anything between Disciple Founder and Wisp Prime Access. I don't understand why it's so difficult to discern the context of the situations and comparisons. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

should of been "Heirloom Supporter" not "10 year supporter"

Thinking about it, this is actually the easiest thing to change here, compared to issuing compensations/refunds if the bundles are to be modified. Also, the forums won't let me put likes anymore and I don't see why this is a thing because it saves users from posting at times just to say "I agree" and there's no point in farming reputation because there's no downvote/upvote system (eugh) in place.

• Like 1

I really don't understand why you're all having such a huge issue with it.

I know this game since 10 years and it's still going strong. back then I missed the opportunity for being a founder (partially also because I literally just turned 18 back then)

Now 10 years later, every new major update gets me more excited than the previous one. Every Tennocon is a blast to watch and never have I thought that I would still be able to enjoy this game 10 years later, and even more so at that.

No other game exists where I have put so many hours into it (currently I believe around 3000 hours which I know is still not much compared to other veterans mind you) and I still enjoy it. When I see this founders back, I see a pack saying "we actually reached 10 years. what a ride this was until this point. Dont you think this game is worthy of a full game price?" And my reaction is "of course!"

Over the years I occasionally spend money on the game but now since quite a while I make all my platinum with easy trades, so I don't even have any reasonable opportunity to spend actual money on this game. doing such a pack on the 10th year anniversary was a great Idea. And nobody forces you to buy those packs - it's no new frame, no new weapon, its literally just cosmetics that celebrate one of the very first prime frames every coming to this game. Compare that do destiny for example, I remember buying two add ons for 50 bucks each in the past and they have stripped that content from the game completely. So that was 100 bucks wasted, those skins hoewever I will keep forever.

This is just like a second wave of founders packs after epic 10 years of going strong. Im glad that I can show on my profile that I believe in this game and that I hope it will go strong for at least another 10. And If they can do this easier by offering such a pack for the die-hard Warframe fans then why not?

Exclusive weapons, I would have understand. Exclusive frames, that would be unfair.

It's literally just cosmetics tho. And a badge that shows your support of this unique game. Just calm down, Tennos

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Okay, what are you even trying to accomplish here, it honestly sounds like you are just defending what DE are doing here, feel free to correct me here.

Nope, just poiting out people being people.

18 hours ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

Oh, I'd not argue about its optionality... nothing in the pack is needed to play the game.

If it's a matter of support though, and you compared it to a donation, then why would DE limit that? Why not offer another bundle or hundreds of them? Granted, hundreds would be excessive but wouldn't any purchase be supportive? Why refuse a, say, $5 or $20 support?

Haves, needs, and hangups: I feel people have limits, varying person to person, on how much they're willing to throw away. I might, for example, be willing to spend $50 on 2 skins rather than the $40 I'd prefer and, hey, I'll let that extra $10 slide. But I probably wouldnt let $10 slide if it came to a $5 cup of coffee costing me $15 instead.

It isnt only intended as supporter packs though. My example of donation was just that an example. And even there you can just look at real life donation events where everyone pays the same to get some goodie back or maybe a dinner. But these items are also collector's items and it isnt often you see multi-tierd collector's edition packs for anything.

And no I wouldnt let it slide for other things either, but those are real life things that may or may not be optional at the given moment. Like you might be at a distant place where they only have a single coffee shop or food stand, at that point you will likely have to buy that overpriced coffee since you might require it, but you will likely only do it once and the next time you are in the area you'll likely bring your own and also make sure to inform your friends of the S#&$ty place.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

There really is no reasoning with you. Stop making comparisons as justifications. 

You imply that you are reasoning when you refuse comparisons?

3 minutes ago, (PSN)ApoX95 said:

I really don't understand why you're all having such a huge issue with it.

I know this game since 10 years and it's still going strong. back then I missed the opportunity for being a founder (partially also because I literally just turned 18 back then)

Now 10 years later, every new major update gets me more excited than the previous one. Every Tennocon is a blast to watch and never have I thought that I would still be able to enjoy this game 10 years later, and even more so at that.

No other game exists where I have put so many hours into it (currently I believe around 3000 hours which I know is still not much compared to other veterans mind you) and I still enjoy it. When I see this founders back, I see a pack saying "we actually reached 10 years. what a ride this was until this point. Dont you think this game is worthy of a full game price?" And my reaction is "of course!"

Really hard to see it this way because this was bundled to a time-gated product that reeks of shoddy game business practices. And what about those people who have been supporting the game, either out of plain loyalty, financially, or both for a long time? The wording here does matter because it's worded as an accolade celebrating 10 years of Warframe, being a 10  year supporter. And it's released on the same date where almost all Tennos congregate, in this case, this year's tennocon. From there, you can see this is meant to be for celebrating that with the entire playerbase. It falls flat badly, very badly. Especially when you can see that a day 1 user can just buy the bundle and not log in and get the accolade. It's just badly superficial.

There's also the talk of DE promising not to do this again after the Founders Pack. I really hope someone saved receipts and puts up a video, or a screenshot/link of it because that is also damning.

• Like 1

I can just look at myself regarding this if it was something awarded for simply having spent on the game over these 10 years. I wouldnt have deserved a supporter accolade from that, since all I've bought has been of selfish reasons, at discount or through traded plat only. I can see why it is tied to the heirloom packs, since people actually will spend undiscounted money on these packs and potentially believe in the future and longevity of the game from this point on.

Though to be honest I have no freakin' idea why anyone would even care about this pointless little addition to the account. What are you looking for? Confirmation, a pat on the head, awe and amazement in the face of fellow tenno?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Nope, just poiting out people being people.

It isnt only intended as supporter packs though. My example of donation was just that an example. And even there you can just look at real life donation events where everyone pays the same to get some goodie back or maybe a dinner. But these items are also collector's items and it isnt often you see multi-tierd collector's edition packs for anything.

And no I wouldnt let it slide for other things either, but those are real life things that may or may not be optional at the given moment. Like you might be at a distant place where they only have a single coffee shop or food stand, at that point you will likely have to buy that overpriced coffee since you might require it, but you will likely only do it once and the next time you are in the area you'll likely bring your own and also make sure to inform your friends of the S#&$ty place.

You imply that you are reasoning when you refuse comparisons?

When it comes to greasy, predatory, and anti consumer tactic yes. You could use a comparison to justify anything it doesn't make it right.

4 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Just block him and move on, you gain nothing trying to reason with "such"

I won't block others but ya, that's a fair point.

Yeah, another post about Heirloom. 

Excuse me, I just got into the game yesterday after a tiring week of work.

Basically I'm disappointed and sad, even though they increased the platinum obtained, it's still not worth it for me, it's sad that I bought almost all the deluxe skins, several tennogen and now the game has come across this unfortunate mistake. With all the money I have spent, I wanted to have something exclusive to celebrate its 10th anniversary but obviously I was expecting something reasonably priced.

Now a screenshot to make it more dramatic.

H0jGfFj.jpeg

For non-readers of Spanish, the image basically shows that I have spent more than 800 dollars in the game since when I started, update 22 (2017), so money is not a problem for me, but goddddd with the price of Zenith pack I can buy MK1 or BG3, any of them, two times in my country and I would have a bit money left over.

Sincerely, a Mag main.

Edited by JoJoshuee_DesK
Typo
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

The latest thread regarding the Heirloom pack is total cr@p. It didn't do anything about the predatory tactic and it didn't even answer players' concerns directly. 

What's the f**king deal with the Regal Ayas and the predatory price? 

Why are these sh!t bundled together with no separate pack options?

Are these skins staying FOMO forever?

Are the FOMOs staying in future Heirloom packs (I assume they are - because of Tencent)? Is it gonna be the new norm?

I am going to address DE as [DE]ncent in the future because it's totally that specific sh!t hole they are throwing their game into.

the issue is, i would assume, they bundles being out for almost a week, and changing bundles as opposed to add to exsisting ones, would be logistical mess with all the consoles and refunds.

can only hope the communist party will see us being upset that they wont try to make DE make more overpriced bundles in the future (it's 95% china and 5% DE on those bundles)

3 hours ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Here a person that just downloaded the game could be a 'Ten Year Supporter' without actually supporting them. The only thing they're doing is allowing predatory transactions.

I'm pretty sure spending $90 constitutes as "supporting the game." 

You only spend money on things you really like. (Unless you're rich and money isn't important to you.)

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT