Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

I didn't return to this thread to learn [new english vocabulary].

You already told me (and everyone else) that:

48 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

If a person has so little self-control they impulsively buy a time limited pack because of "so called" FOMO, good.

I am always happy, when someone makes money out of not smart people.

There, I said it. It's a based take and I don't mind getting roasted for it.

Do your worst.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, neuroticweasel said:

It is the same argument that I have read before for founders. The last 49 pages are filled with personal attacks, hate, and disdain for something people don't need to buy to play the game.

No. Founders packs helped keep DE afloat making Warframe. There was a genuine reason to try to get people to buy them, and make them feel special for overpaying for something for a game that might not get finished, or might flop and go nowhere. It's akin to people getting special tiers of backer rewards on Kickstarter, except before I remember Kickstarter stuff getting particularly big.

The reason people are so angry this time is that this is supposed to be a special 10 year anniversary thing, including all of us Tenno that have supported them over the last ten years. And the have done that by putting in this big, pretty, flashy, special thing... That excludes everyone that can't or won't pay a ridiculous amount of money for it. And the value isn't on the skins, the Regal Aya in the $90 pack is $40 of the pack value alone. What people are rightfully requesting is that we can A) use the way WE ALREADY SUPPORTED DE FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS to get the skins, ie: use plat to purchase it, and have packs that are JUST the skins without all the bloat, so we can spend $20-30 on each skin individually instead of having to buy $90 packs that many people can't or won't pay for just a single thing in a single game.

As I said before, I cannot see the value here, where DE thinks a couple nice skins and profile bling, along with some Regal Aya and plat, is somehow worth 50% more than all the enjoyment a person would get out of buying Baldur's Gate 3 or Armored Core VI. You can almost buy both games for that they want for two skins and some bling.

We've complained about this strongly before about Regal Aya itself.

But this time they are doing it to us with a special 10 year anniversary celebration pack that basically goes "We celebrate all you Tenno that kept us afloat over these 10 years... But only if you'll throw another $90 at us right now. Don't miss out, because we're taking it away for no reason later to make sure you'll buy it!"

This is a predatory $&*^ move, and we are rightfully angry about it. Don't try to minimize this as more of the same, or as mere entitlement, it's not. We're rightfully angry about this, and more importantly, we're acting on this righteous indignation to ensure that DE doesn't end up being just another over monetized garbage tier game that loses all of what made it special, and made THEM special. We don't want them to be just another Apex or Fortnite. We want DE to stay DE, and Warframe to stay Warframe. ESPECIALLY now, during the celebration of 10 years of Warframe, we are furious and horrified to see them try to be like lesser companies.

• Like 18

On 8/30/2023 at 1:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

And instead you used FOMO to make them unforgivable

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

If a person has so little self-control they impulsively buy a time limited pack because of "so called" FOMO, good.

I am always happy, when someone makes money out of not smart people.

There, I said it. It's a based take and I don't mind getting roasted for it.

Do your worst.

I'm glad you like when multi-million dollar companies successful manipulate their audience and communities.

Really uh... Really nice image of you to so willingly present to everyone.

• Like 16

il y a 19 minutes, Zeshil a dit :

No. Founders packs helped keep DE afloat making Warframe. There was a genuine reason to try to get people to buy them, and make them feel special for overpaying for something for a game that might not get finished, or might flop and go nowhere. It's akin to people getting special tiers of backer rewards on Kickstarter, except before I remember Kickstarter stuff getting particularly big.

The reason people are so angry this time is that this is supposed to be a special 10 year anniversary thing, including all of us Tenno that have supported them over the last ten years. And the have done that by putting in this big, pretty, flashy, special thing... That excludes everyone that can't or won't pay a ridiculous amount of money for it. And the value isn't on the skins, the Regal Aya in the $90 pack is $40 of the pack value alone. What people are rightfully requesting is that we can A) use the way WE ALREADY SUPPORTED DE FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS to get the skins, ie: use plat to purchase it, and have packs that are JUST the skins without all the bloat, so we can spend $20-30 on each skin individually instead of having to buy $90 packs that many people can't or won't pay for just a single thing in a single game.

As I said before, I cannot see the value here, where DE thinks a couple nice skins and profile bling, along with some Regal Aya and plat, is somehow worth 50% more than all the enjoyment a person would get out of buying Baldur's Gate 3 or Armored Core VI. You can almost buy both games for that they want for two skins and some bling.

We've complained about this strongly before about Regal Aya itself.

But this time they are doing it to us with a special 10 year anniversary celebration pack that basically goes "We celebrate all you Tenno that kept us afloat over these 10 years... But only if you'll throw another $90 at us right now. Don't miss out, because we're taking it away for no reason later to make sure you'll buy it!"

This is a predatory $&*^ move, and we are rightfully angry about it. Don't try to minimize this as more of the same, or as mere entitlement, it's not. We're rightfully angry about this, and more importantly, we're acting on this righteous indignation to ensure that DE doesn't end up being just another over monetized garbage tier game that loses all of what made it special, and made THEM special. We don't want them to be just another Apex or Fortnite. We want DE to stay DE, and Warframe to stay Warframe. ESPECIALLY now, during the celebration of 10 years of Warframe, we are furious and horrified to see them try to be like lesser companies.

Thanks for the post. This is a nice resume of this situation.

1 hour ago, neuroticweasel said:

I don't understand how people hate this package deal. If you don't like it don't buy it. If you add this to the current rotation of stuff (resurgence, etc), it will decrease the value (Yes, I bought it day two).  People were complaining like this for Excal Prime. I was upset that I didn't get a higher level of founder back in the day, but it is what it is. 

Its easy to understand why people are upset, the issue is that people are expecting a resolution other than this one. Anything more screws over someone else.

What they did was precisely the most fair thing they could have done given the circumstances. You have to know that they cant just give everyone a refund, and you also have to know that there are people who purchased the packs exclusively for the skins. If they allowed you to buy just the skin or one of them even, the people who purchased it or made sacrifices to buy it "on time" would have done so for no reason. That is what it means for it to be fair, or how it would be unfair to do anything else. The additional platinum is the only variable they can actively control at this point since people have made their decisions to buy or not buy the pack. 

The only thing they could do from now on is to price them more fairly in the future and maybe dont make them time-limited. That's the lesson; but the full picture is its probably not anyone that anyone is directly quoting in this thread who is directly responsible for the initial decision to go about it like this. So there's the lesson. Voting with your wallet is fine, a sale is better than no sale, so its less likely to happen next time since most people cant afford it.

Edited by Commander
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Commander said:

Its easy to understand why people are upset, the issue is that people are expecting a resolution other than this one. Anything more screws over someone else.

What they did was precisely the most fair thing they could have done given the circumstances. You have to know that they cant just give everyone a refund, and you also have to know that there are people who purchased the packs exclusively for the skins. If they allowed you to buy just the skin or one of them even, the people who purchased it or made sacrifices to buy it "on time" would have done so for no reason. That is what it means for it to be fair, or how it would be unfair to do anything else. The additional platinum is the only variable they can actively control at this point since people have made their decisions to buy or not buy the pack. 

The only thing they could do from now on is to price them more fairly in the future and maybe dont make them time-limited. That's the lesson; but the full picture is its probably not anyone that anyone is directly quoting in this thread who is directly responsible for the initial decision to go about it like this.

They actually can just give everyone a refund, it's not a particularly complicated maneuver if things are set up properly, and if they aren't or fear complications (to be honest, a fair concern to have) they have email addresses right there.

And the lesson is hardly complicated and anyone could have told them that, including themselves.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, distal.op said:

They actually can just give everyone a refund, it's not a particularly complicated maneuver if things are set up properly, and if they aren't or fear complications (to be honest, a fair concern to have) they have email addresses right there.

I don't know for sure, but I always thought it was more something along the lines of the risk of file corruption in removing things from peoples accounts. 

17 minutes ago, distal.op said:

And the lesson is hardly complicated and anyone could have told them that, including themselves.

Theyre trying to make money. No, just giving everyone a refund probably isnt an option nor is it ethical or fair; as it also involves Steam, and is an entirely new set of issues to deal with in addition to also probably costing money to go through with in the first place. The entire thing would be a net-loss and while you may be fine with that, they obviously aren't. This should be obvious to you, but in addition to the issue of processing all of the refunds, theres the matter of the aya and platinum; which could have also been used or traded to other players.

And yes, I agree. Someone grounded in reality could have told you that its not really worth it, and a huge majority of people will laugh it off due to the price alone; but then again they release Prime Access stuff all the time. For people who earn all their stuff through relics or trading you're spending comically large amounts of money on what is basically infinitely reproducable virtual piercings. I don't know who specifically is to blame for becoming out of touch, but I doubt it's anyone in this thread; and yet the message has obviously been received because they did "something." It just isnt what you want; so everyone is throwing a tantrum about it and making completely unwarranted accusations among other things. People need to chill. They're responding to feedback in a fair way, and the fact that theyre responding at all is a good thing.

Edited by Commander
Phone typo

So ... next Tennocon they'll be releasing Rhino + Ember Heirloom skins with the same (or more expensive) price? It seems that DEncent insist on keeping the price, not separating the pack and keeping it time limited. As long as loaded or gullible (no offense here) players still buying this skin pack, DE won't change their stance lol.

• Like 5

So about this Accolade thingy included in the Zenith Heirloom Pack...  So every player for the past 10 years that has contributed to DE's bottom line is not worthy of an Accolade because we won't or CAN'T buy this "Limited Time Offer"?  Why should Lil' Bobby Joe who just started playing Warframe 2 Weeks ago, get a special acknowledgement of his support of Warframe for the past 10 years just because he spent his allowance on the Zenith Heirloom Pack? I have spent hundreds of dollars, and ashamed now for it, over the years to support a game that I am deeply fond of, but now will be cast out of the "cool support kids club" simply because I don't have $100 to spend on a "ONE TIME ONLY" support event that will authenticate and label me as an "OFFICIAL 10 YEAR SUPPORTER" of Warframe!  Basically I will only get acknowledgement of my "support" for Warframe if I can make sure that all the management team at DE get a BIG BONUS CHECK for this Quarter's sales receipts!!  I have no problem with supporting a game that I enjoy playing.  But when I will only be officially recognized if I buy a "limited time only" package that is WAY OVERPRICED, I will keep the shred of dignity I still have and respectfully decline to participate in such a truly shameful FOMO event.  My DE bubble has officially been burst.  Normally I would be excited for the future, but alas we are entering a sad new era in Warframe gaming,  ironic since they are turning back the clock to 1999.  A wise Canadian musician once said in a song "you live, you learn" but it would seem DE is no longer Canadian at heart. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Why should Lil' Bobby Joe who just started playing Warframe 2 Weeks ago, get a special acknowledgement of his support of Warframe for the past 10 years just because he spent his allowance on the Zenith Heirloom Pack?

Because he's supporting an awesome game? I don't think it really matters when they started playing as long as they are supporting the game they should be acknowledged for it.

42 minutes ago, Commander said:

Real. Anyone expecting a mass refund here and now is wearing their Narmer veil. The best we can hope for now is better practices in the future (and they'll be sure to emphasize that this is in response to community feedback).

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

Real. Anyone expecting a mass refund here and now is wearing their Narmer veil. The best we can hope for now is better practices in the future (and they'll be sure to emphasize that this is in response to community feedback).

They were supposed to have learned their lesson the many times prior they tried to sell us something as a "good deal" and clearly that didn't happen! So I hate to shatter your hopes and dreams for DE but....

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Because he's supporting an awesome game? I don't think it really matters when they started playing as long as they are supporting the game they should be acknowledged for it.

... and what am I, chopped liver?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

They were supposed to have learned their lesson the many times prior they tried to sell us something as a "good deal" and clearly that didn't happen! So I hate to shatter your hopes and dreams for DE but....

They're always going to step over the line on occasion, but obviously we should hope that everything between then and now is fair, and that the time until their next line step grows. There's no point in providing any other feedback if you think they're beyond doing better.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Why should Lil' Bobby Joe who just started playing Warframe 2 Weeks ago, get a special acknowledgement of his support of Warframe for the past 10 years just because he spent his allowance on the Zenith Heirloom Pack?

He should, but that badge of acknowledgement should be equal to other previous paid supporters. You're going at this from the wrong angle. A player supporting today is supporting the first 10 years of this game, but that support extends past this bundle

The problem is not the existence of the Accolade itself, but rather the requirements to have it.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Maybe you want to read the sentences after that? Of course Lil' Bobby should get recognition for their newfound support. But why should Lil' Bobby be the only one getting recognition? Why do the rest of us not matter? Is Lil' Bobby's $30 contribution this week really that much more important than the hundreds (and from some posters in this thread, thousands) of dollars people have spent supporting this game over the years?

• Like 7

4 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Who are you exactly? And why are you replying to a conversation you're not part of just to throw in childish jabs?

I'll make something crystal clear in the meantime. Some of your other posts are unreadable. Now I don't slag anyone for being bad at English, it's not everyone's first language, but it also explains why you clearly have no idea what words like Scam and Phenomenon mean. You can stop with the Altruism (Selfless concern for others) too by the way, amongst your unreadable posts one thing that could be read was this was about you and your Textbooks, you don't give a damn about Children lol. But we do now know how low you'll go just to try to make a point. Pretty scummy really.

Anyway, I'll be here waiting for your explanation of who you are. Awaiting the inevitable grandstanding mixed with entitlement.

Hah that was weird.

imagine being mad at participating in conversation in a public square.

imagine STILL running away from the original topic.

Nah, no explanation to you, just think of me as some nobody <3

15 minutes ago, Tyfyter2002 said:

dad.jpg

THIS IS PERFECT

1 hour ago, NecroPed said:

I don't know for sure, but I always thought it was more something along the lines of the risk of file corruption in removing things from peoples accounts. 

Nah, you can do partial refunds, it's not a return of the goods, but a return of the money.

Think of it like a tax return, except you were told that your taxes were a gift to you.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

You don't understand sociological psychology then.

You don't need to be forced by hand to be immorally pressured.

They're trying to sell a product to make money. Lots of businesses do this. This is no different. Sometimes you just need a little self control.

12 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

But why should Lil' Bobby be the only one getting recognition? Why do the rest of us not matter?

I'm confused in your thinking. Everyone gets it if they buy a pack.