The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nuke warframes should be nerfed

Waeleto

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

You can easily go for long SP runs without using AoE weapons on several frames.

Kullervo, Protea, Ember, Xaku, Atlas, Mesa, Khora, Styanax, Vauban, Grendel, Hildryn, Octavia and Gara have an easy time in SP without ever really touching a weapon. Then we have all the exalted frames ontop of that.

I agree, my point was nuking the map with warframe abilities specifically doesn't hold up well in late game/steel path.

23 hours ago, Pakaku said:

This is why we need more enemy “quality” and less “quantity”. Reduce the mob count and add more specialty enemies to make up for it, which can’t be AoE-nuked as easily, but go down faster with single-target combat. 

This is the best idea I've read here.

I agree that adding enemies that resists or don't give a care about AOE, but succumb to more direct damage methods would be a great idea. 

Maybe such enemies could put out a jamming pulse wave when hit with an AOE that jams weapons/abilities if not taken out correctly.

• Like 1

On 2023-09-17 at 5:49 PM, Pakaku said:

This is why we need more enemy “quality” and less “quantity”. Reduce the mob count and add more specialty enemies to make up for it, which can’t be AoE-nuked as easily, but go down faster with single-target combat. 

Won't that just reward frames like Garuda, Protea, and Lavos because less enemies = less energy to go around, making those frames even more effective?

51 minutes ago, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

I agree that adding enemies that resists or don't give a care about AOE, but succumb to more direct damage methods would be a great idea. 

Maybe such enemies could put out a jamming pulse wave when hit with an AOE that jams weapons/abilities if not taken out correctly.

It's like the Glassmaker enemies or those Aeorlysts. You have to shoot off some pieces of the enemy to be able to damage them. I like the idea, although they were annoying sometimes when some types of weapons didn't work at shooting off the pieces. The forums were unhappy with the Glassmaker enemies too IIRC. But I don't hear too much about the Aerolysts these days... but they're still annoying if you have the wrong kind of weapons.

On 2023-09-17 at 2:33 PM, Waeleto said:

Why are nuke warframes like saryn or thermal thunder garuda still able to nuke the entire room and leave nothing to the rest of the squad ? if DE knows that this playstyle isn't fun for anyone why does it still exist and not nerfed to the ground ?

I had a post ''why do you love Warframe'', it is about how this game changes since 2013 and which part do you like about warframe. And it s gone. So apparently DE doesn't really want to talk about who speaks for the main player base right now. They r making effort ot keep both party. I have 2k pure play hour in account profile, and during that amount of time I enjoy the playstyle you don't like about. I have  51/53 loadout, and my goal for each build is to melt everything asap. So, nerf? idk

Edited by Hardyc_Tenno
num
  • Like 2

Am 17.9.2023 um 23:33 schrieb Waeleto:

Last year, DE nerfed AOE weapons because they can clear the whole room and leave nothing for your squad to do and Grendel got a limit on how many enemies he can eat for the same reason 
Why are nuke warframes like saryn or thermal thunder garuda still able to nuke the entire room and leave nothing to the rest of the squad ? if DE knows that this playstyle isn't fun for anyone why does it still exist and not nerfed to the ground ?

for what reason? so that everyone can target individual opponents at a snail's pace and then give up because of boredom???
and end up playing a MUCH BETTER game???

200w.gif?cid=6c09b95236qhrdumct92qzkmh87

• Like 11

1 hour ago, nslay said:

It's like the Glassmaker enemies or those Aeorlysts. You have to shoot off some pieces of the enemy to be able to damage them. I like the idea, although they were annoying sometimes when some types of weapons didn't work at shooting off the pieces. The forums were unhappy with the Glassmaker enemies too IIRC. But I don't hear too much about the Aerolysts these days... but they're still annoying if you have the wrong kind of weapons.

Imo, they don't have to be crazy hard to kill, I'd say something like headshots would be fine so long as they only die to non AOE. to promote player engagement by lowering the AOE spam.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Won't that just reward frames like Garuda, Protea, and Lavos because less enemies = less energy to go around, making those frames even more effective?

Not so much for Garuda because less enemies = slower Dread Mirror damage build up overtime, unless you’re in very high level where enemies would build up her blood orb by multi million per tick. 

Edited by GPrime96

what is the point of nerfing Nuke frame when they nerf lots of other weapons and things for wouldn't it be the same equal of not having mods on at all as you play SP, for the Dev let it be.  The reason why the Dev did such a thing is the trailer and why Warframe was imagined as God-like frames for its own story.  The fact we the community are so blind to how do 1 normal human beings for how do they counter against a warframe for the drifter is considered a unique person and no we aren't concluding an actual human being when he has healing packs, smoke grenades but in lore rhino prime has huge background story just murder whole train cart and passengers.  I ask what is the point of nerfing a frame when they are known to kill orokins for this makes perfect sense why warframe were supposed to be feared and not by someone who complains who cannot handle the salty sea splashes for I am going say it harshly as to be, get your complaint out the door, you can play solo if you don't like nuke frame, don't want to play alone just ask friends to join with your party just tell them don't bring in nuke frame for your friend will probably troll you as they bring in something meta that does AoE, things are never bare to be fair for the NPC.

8 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

Not so much for Garuda because less enemies = slower Dread Mirror damage build up overtime, unless you’re in very high level where enemies would build up her blood orb by multi million per tick. 

Yes but the op was literally referring to thermal sunder Garuda, in which case I can still use 3-2 or in higher levels, 3-4-2.

14 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

I agree, my point was nuking the map with warframe abilities specifically doesn't hold up well in late game/steel path.

I guess if you consider nuking a map only something tied to map wide damage abilities, like Saryn or Enox that need other interaction aswell to increase or enable their nukes, or like Lavos that have long gaps between casts. But since we are most in content that allows us to pick the killing ground, the frames mentioned are massive "abusers" with their damage abilities aswell.

23 hours ago, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

That just sounds annoying. 

And unfair to the less survivable warframes. 

That doesnt sound that different from arbitration drones. 

• Like 5

On 2023-09-19 at 4:11 PM, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

That just sounds annoying. 

And unfair to the less survivable warframes. 

That doesnt sound that different from arbitration drones. 

Only to AOE spamers.

Really? So, you nuke 9 out of 10 and you're telling me you can't kill/dodge the 1?

Arbitration drones shield a group, my suggestion was a guy who was immune to AOE and would probably only appear as often as nully. So, I'd say that's different.   issue caught by

Edited by (XBOX)DragonMan 2700
correcting "issue" caught by Leqesai. Thx again.
  • Like 1

On 2023-09-18 at 4:42 PM, Hardyc_Tenno said:

I had a post ''why do you love Warframe'', it is about how this game changes since 2013 and which part do you like about warframe. And it s gone. So apparently DE doesn't really want to talk about who speaks for the main player base right now. They r making effort ot keep both party. 

Its not gone, it ran out of steam and fell off the planet into archive. Also you do not represent the main player base.

The calls to nerf nuke frames is just another group that did not like that their weapons got nerfed (aoe), and feel like other forms of aoe in the form of abilities should also suffer a punishment because "burn the entire world and not just me".

• Like 2

23 hours ago, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

Only to AOE spamers.

Really? So, you nude 9 out of 10 and you're telling me you can't kill/dodge the 1?

Arbitration drones shield a group, my suggestion was a guy who was immune to AOE and would probably only appear as often as nully. So, I'd say that's different.

>cant 

Finding something annoying doesnt mean i cant, or wouldnt, deal wiith it.

I can understand "that being different" but what difference would it make? We could play hypothetical what ifs about how many hit points etc  but in principle what im hearing sounds alot like an en enemy that has arbitration drone and or nully effect applied to itself I dont even use AOE weapons that much since the ammo nerfs. 

My personal experience is warframe's gameplay is as diverse as its ever been. At least in the sense that there isnt some dominant meta outlier eclipsing everything else. 

It isnt like every other secondary in the game is being overshadowed by catchmoon or kuva nukor, there's a lot of viable options for secondaries right now.

It isnt like spin-2-win memeing strike builds are absolutely eclipsing every other melee build.

It isnt like everyone and their space mom is using X particular frame because X particular frame can do this thing better than every other frame (nuke trin, aoe afk wuclone, quake banshee)

AOE weapons used to effectively have unlimited ammo. Idk if youre just running into more aoe spam than me or what but im just not seeing a problem that would be fixed by adding enemies that are immune to abilities and or aoe just because reasons.

• Like 1

On 2023-09-25 at 5:17 PM, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

Only to AOE spamers.

Really? So, you nude 9 out of 10 and you're telling me you can't kill/dodge the 1?

Arbitration drones shield a group, my suggestion was a guy who was immune to AOE and would probably only appear as often as nully. So, I'd say that's different.

The only real question here is... why does your autocorrect default to "nude"... lol

Thats So Raven Reaction GIF

• Like 5

On 2023-09-18 at 10:30 PM, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

to me it sounds like reducing enemies but replacing the remaining ones with bullet sponges ?

my current OP guns wipe out high level enemies in seconds, the exception is eximus, those force me to hold down the trigger doing nothing else but focus fire on them until my clip runs out, yeah it usually kills them, but it's not super fun thing to have to tunnel vision an enemy like that !

the proposed solutions are all to a problem that does NOT exist !

On 2023-09-19 at 7:49 PM, LittleLeoniePrime said:

everything that doesn't have overguard dies very fast to how bugged archon vitality is currently

To elaborate in case y'all were unaware... Archon Vitality doesn't just apply a 2nd same damage heat proc as you're casting it, it doubles the heat procs active on the target making it scale exponentially.

i tried this a lot, its only normal scaling of thermal's 2x per casting, or I could be wrong.

While i can feel the sentiment of being useless, you're only useless if you want to, there are countless things you can do in a mission but i understand players wanting to kill, it is where you get most of the fun.
Players like me take away that enjoyment and i appolgize for that, but i do it for the benefit of the team and after 50.000 missions i can say i only had like, maybe less than 10 missions where players actively complained about me killing "too much", which translates to less than 0.1% of missions.

I'm not going to change, in fact, i'm waiting for new shards and new ways to extend the range of abilities and weapons.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

The calls to nerf nuke frames is just another group that did not like that their weapons got nerfed (aoe), and feel like other forms of aoe in the form of abilities should also suffer a punishment because "burn the entire world and not just me".

That is a very inaccurate claim. Some of us simply want to see something resembling balance to pop up in the game and are perfectly fine with the AoE weapon "nerf" and noticed no real difference from it. Everything isnt black or white.

• Like 2

On general principle I don't care too much for aoe, and I like damage through walls even less. 

Take Octavia for example: her mallet is blocked by static collision, but not all collision. If an active door is shut (Dynamic collision) with a mallet in front of it it will deal damage through the door while shut. Apparently, because an active door has dynamic collision, mallet is not coded to be blocked by it. It's these kind of holes in gameplay that need to be resolved before any meaningful aoe issues can be addressed.