Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If I clear the room or area behind me - why are enemies still coming that way?

(PSN)magusat999

Question

I don't know how long this enemy behavior has been going on, but its annoying. I'm proceeding forward in a mission, killing enemies ahead of me. I have killed the enemies BEHIND ME, cleared the previous area (this is not a spawning mission like Survival). All the sudden from the room I have cleared, I get hit by shots - I see enemies coming from where I have cleared, just so there can be enemies behind me, attacking? It makes no sense! Where are they coming from? I killed everything and the map was clear??? Why is there all kinds of enemies coming from that way? I'm dealing with enemies ahead of me, now Ive got to defend against these suddenly appearing enemies coming from an area I just cleared too? Why cant they spawn somewhere that makes sense and just run behind me???

In the same vein, there are some maps where if your in a certain spot, the enemies seem to spawn forever. There's a Corpus map like that, where you can take an elevator and walk around, or jump across some structures at the top, come down to a wide door, that's commonly locked (you can open by interacting). To the right is the corridor that you could have optionally used by getting into an earlier elevator or jumped down from a room in the middle. Right at that corner, if you stay back a bit, the enemies will spawn forever. I usually kill some and open the door to keep going, then they will stop - but if you just hang there the enemies will just keep on spawning right there.

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

Enemies don't just get spawned, they also teleport. It's entirely possible that some of the enemies that spawned ahead of you then got teleported behind you.

You'll notice this if you scan enemies for Simaris rep: You have to also kill them or eventually every enemy that apparently "spawns in" is actually already scanned.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 2

Enemies generally spawn out of line of sight (unless Void Fissure), near players, near objectives. It is entirely possible for them to be spawning behind you. Game does not differentiate where the beginning of the map is and where the end is. Way to prevent it is to kill and travel forward faster or use an aoe that kills stragglers.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, (PSN)magusat999 said:

In the same vein, there are some maps where if your in a certain spot, the enemies seem to spawn forever.

If you are in a spot that has converging routes (exits) to 3 or more different tilesets with good line of sight coverage (corners, pillars, closing gates etc) enemies can spawn all the time (in Endless mission like Survival, Excav or Disruption). As for Interception, enemies usually go for the first capture point and spawn near there.

Edited by Zakkhar

1 hour ago, -Krism- said:

What mission? 'Cause I don't remember having this happen in exterminate, but if it's other missions, that's completely normal

Also, unless you're are completely new, I don't see why that matters

It happens for me from time to time in Exterminate. I have to go back a lot meters to kill single guy.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Enemies don't just get spawned, they also teleport. It's entirely possible that some of the enemies that spawned ahead of you then got teleported behind you.

You'll notice this if you scan enemies for Simaris rep: You have to also kill them or eventually every enemy that apparently "spawns in" is actually already scanned.

They get teleported? It's my first time hearing this. When I've been doing some Stealth exterminate I've seen large group rushing to Extraction point (where I've been heading). NO teleportation. If the game were teleporting "near you" I wouldn't have to go hundreds of meters for single guy.

48 minutes ago, quxier said:

It happens for me from time to time in Exterminate. I have to go back a lot meters to kill single guy.

They get teleported? It's my first time hearing this. When I've been doing some Stealth exterminate I've seen large group rushing to Extraction point (where I've been heading). NO teleportation. If the game were teleporting "near you" I wouldn't have to go hundreds of meters for single guy.

they usually teleport if they become far away from players, if they are close in an extermination and you are in stealth they head to your extraction point if it close by.(since you need to get there to leave)

Edited by (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson

6 hours ago, (PSN)magusat999 said:

I don't know how long this enemy behavior has been going on, but its annoying. I'm proceeding forward in a mission, killing enemies ahead of me. I have killed the enemies BEHIND ME, cleared the previous area (this is not a spawning mission like Survival). All the sudden from the room I have cleared, I get hit by shots - I see enemies coming from where I have cleared, just so there can be enemies behind me, attacking? It makes no sense! Where are they coming from? I killed everything and the map was clear??? Why is there all kinds of enemies coming from that way? I'm dealing with enemies ahead of me, now Ive got to defend against these suddenly appearing enemies coming from an area I just cleared too? Why cant they spawn somewhere that makes sense and just run behind me???

In the same vein, there are some maps where if your in a certain spot, the enemies seem to spawn forever. There's a Corpus map like that, where you can take an elevator and walk around, or jump across some structures at the top, come down to a wide door, that's commonly locked (you can open by interacting). To the right is the corridor that you could have optionally used by getting into an earlier elevator or jumped down from a room in the middle. Right at that corner, if you stay back a bit, the enemies will spawn forever. I usually kill some and open the door to keep going, then they will stop - but if you just hang there the enemies will just keep on spawning right there.

Unfortunately, Warframe isn't Rainbow6

the idea of tactically clearing rooms doesn't exist

this is more like an arcade game, enemies just randomly appear out of nowhere

I've noticed this happen on Lua more than anywhere else. Usually in exterminate enemies will only spawn in rooms ahead of you. This behavior actually causes a lot of problems in nightmare exterminates (which have increased kill requirements) and fissures because you can get to the extraction room but still need to kill enemies that will simply not spawn anymore as long as someone is in that room. So it would actually be better in some circumstances if enemies did consistently spawn behind you.

But it is a bit annoying. I think it would make more sense if just some of the doors that didn't have a room generate behind them became spawn doors, instead of enemies just spawning in the middle of a room. The orokin derelict tileset actually does this. Only that one for some reason.

The old corpus ship tileset used to have Moa spawners that you could hack to spawn a friendly moa. Those were cool, and Veso's segment in the new war used them.

2 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Unfortunately, Warframe isn't Rainbow6

the idea of tactically clearing rooms doesn't exist

this is more like an arcade game, enemies just randomly appear out of nowhere

It's not even that, it's that in pretty much all cases you're in an enemy stronghold. Of course there will be enemies coming from everywhere, it's literally their base. Whether that be an actual stronghold on a planet, a ship in space, or an asteroid outpost, etc.

On 2023-10-09 at 9:34 AM, (PSN)magusat999 said:

All the sudden from the room I have cleared, I get hit by shots - I see enemies coming from where I have cleared, just so there can be enemies behind me, attacking? It makes no sense! Where are they coming from? I killed everything and the map was clear???

Sometimes I'm absolutely positive that my spouse is in her office and then it startles the hell out of me to hear her voice coming from a different room.  The reality is, we are never operating with complete information, because things are always changing around us when we're not looking.  People especially, since they move!  That's why you can be in a room and not see any people, but then later there are people there: because the people entered the room when you weren't looking.

• Like 1

They were behind you, as in directly behind your back out of LOS. 

Consider this fact, if you were a mouse, and you had little mice buddies, and a tiger casually walked by, murdering a whole bunch of your little mice pals, without breaking a sweat, what are you going to do? Get in front of it? Or hide, wait for it to roll by, then try a back attack?

If anything, this way, makes the most sense! This is why, you constantly need to spin through missions! Enemies can't get you that way!