Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy weapons yet to be usable by players

1up20xdey6

I don't know if this has been discussed before so if it has do let me know.

There are still a few weapons used exclusively by enemies that we have yet to get our hands on that I think some of us would love to have. These currently include as of making this post:

• Standard Agendus and Spirex
  • Derivator Rifle
  • Vertec Minigun
  • Kuva Trokar
  • Baculus Staff
  • Brazer Welder
  • Scrapper Grinder
  • Foreman Hammer
  • Malleus Wrench
  • Twin Carver Sawblades
  • Nox Chemical Launcher
  • Protonex

I didn't include variants of existing weapons (Cinder Ambassador, Tusk Grattler, etc.) since it's really not needed.

• Like 7

It's been discussed plenty of times, most of the weapons are just redundant or plain awful though. The only ones listed here that I could see being added are the sawblades and chemical launcher. A lot of those are tools or just reskinned weapons to add asthetic variety to enemy weaponry.

3 hours ago, 1up20xdey6 said:

Standard Agendus and Spirex

these would basically just be mastery fodder though, but I guess they could be thrown in the Corpus lab for newer players, as an introduction to Sword & Board and a corpus alternative to Lex respectively.

Derivator Rifle

I would like this one though, or indeed an proper anti-material style rifle: I want something akin to a Barrett 50.cal, especially for open maps: sniping is a fun and laid back way to rack up kills when you get bored of the usual hack and slash, you know?

Vertec Minigun

it looks crude as hell because it's just Penta btis mashed together, but yes, I want this gun too, even if only as an archgun. I'll gladly takje an actual minigun with rotating barrels over it though; that's something I've wanted for a while.

Kuva Trokar

all these things do is force transference, I don't think they'd actually have any effect on non-tenno entities, though I suppose you could just strap some explosives to it and hey presto, a thrown secondary that looks good on Styanax!

Baculus Staff

as long as it's better than the Cadus; waited god knows how long only for it to perform like a Mk-1 Bo... disappointing.

• Brazer Welder
  • Scrapper Grinder
  • Foreman Hammer

the hammer I can get, but what stance would the welder and grinder even use? i feel like they'd have to be strapped to a handle somehow, then they could use machete stances and not look so awkward.

• Malleus Wrench
  • Twin Carver Sawblades

I'll be honest, I don't really remember what those look like; pretty sure the guys wielding them die before I get chance lol.

Nox Chemical Launcher

we were robbed of this one: remember how at the start of Dog Days, Kela says she wants us to fight with Acid Throwers, right before some "gas" leaks in and she gets high AF? well I'm pretty sure we would've gotten actual Nox Cannons, but then they got repurposed when Kela requested a "waddafite" instead. the Soaker is literally a reskin of the Nox Cannon.. so close..

Protonex

erm... which one is this? I don't recall ever seeing this weapon name..

• Like 1

Just as they've done in the past it's likely that most if not all of these will eventually end up in our hands either as new weapons or skins. Though who knows how many years that'll take and how many things will be added to that list in the mean time.

43 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

all these things do is force transference, I don't think they'd actually have any effect on non-tenno entities

On one side: We are supposedly getting a new faction of void enemies with the Murmur, so weapons that disrupt the Void stuff like that would be pretty useful in theory.
On the other side: Is literally just an Amphis with Kuva spikes

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I'll be honest, I don't really remember what those look like; pretty sure the guys wielding them die before I get chance lol.

Malleus Wrench is used by Juno Machinists and Twin Carver Sawblades are used by Raider Carvers and Demolisher Devourer.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

erm... which one is this? I don't recall ever seeing this weapon name..

The Protenex is used by Aurax Actinics.

Yes please. I always loved how there’s a connection between enemy and player via shared weapons; I’d much prefer stories behind all the equipment akin to the Laverian, but knowing that “This is the weapon of choice for certain enemies and its purpose is (insert purpose)” can help provide some context beyond just “Here’s a random new thing to play around with”

It has been discussed before in a few threads, but the topic is relatively rare, and creating new discussions around it, like this thread, I think is great. Its a fun subject and discussion to be had. 

There are some I personally don't care for too much, like if they would be lesser versions of what we got (Standard Agendus for example) but so many more I find interesting and hope we get eventually, or I just think they are cool. Like the Vertec Minigun, Derivator Rifle, Protonex, Narmer Rifle especially. 

There are some I don't think we will get but are cool, like Twin Heks (E Dhurnam). There are some I can't remember the name, like that one thats a hybrid of Penta and Snipetron, that Corpus Sniper Target uses. 

41 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Narmer Rifle

Narmer weapons are kinda just the regular version of that enemy's weapon (Dera for Crewmen, Grakata for Lancers, etc) with a gold attachment. If anything, I could see it being something more like an Incarnon Genesis than a separate weapon.

8 hours ago, Corvid said:

Narmer weapons are kinda just the regular version of that enemy's weapon (Dera for Crewmen, Grakata for Lancers, etc) with a gold attachment. If anything, I could see it being something more like an Incarnon Genesis than a separate weapon.

Or cosmetic skins.