The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think I finally understand why people are so blasé about the cryotic farm

Hexerin

Excavation is one of the cycling missions in The Circuit, which means you're getting a steady influx of it as you grind in there. Since you're not in there for the cryotic specifically, it doesn't feel like grinding for cryotic, so you're just accumulating it like you would any other resource. In other words, the excruciating nature of cryotic grinding is not an issue for peeps who do The Circuit, because they're generating a decent stockpile as part of their day-to-day activity without targeting it specifically.

Now if only DE would add Oxium Osprey to the enemy roster in there...

7 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Circuit definitely helps. 

But I won't call the playerbase truly blase about cryotic until Sibear stops selling out whenever it shows up at Darvo.

Looks up what Sibear is.

2c7aeb22751f5a9d301f192136c8b8ad.png

Excuse me, what the f---?

• Like 4

Treating the grind as something that happens in the background is not a bad mentality in general; jump into a mission to play around with a build or playstyle or just toodle around the open world harvesting resources or something, end up with random blueprints and resources to the point that periodically checking the foundry may reveal some surprises ready to be built.

I get the Circuit/Cryotic thing

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 3

The thing with all the resource grinds is that for the majority of them you'll spend most of the time going after other rewards and continue doing so long after you've exhausted the need for said resources. Cryotic in particular isn't much of a grind at all (even considering the Sibear) since it's a very fast way to farm and crack Relics. And Oxium also is largely a non-issue since it'll be obtained from nearly every single Corpus mission.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Since you're not in there for the cryotic specifically, it doesn't feel like grinding for cryotic, so you're just accumulating it like you would any other resource.

Well, it's not just that. Excavations are my favorite type of relic mission if I have a competent team together because you can eventually get down to a relic crack every 90 seconds or so. No other mission type compares to that rate of prime drops, not even Capture.

Of course when your team is in disarray excavation's an absolute nightmare, but that's another story altogether.

Anyways, the mere act of skewing towards cryotic while doing other things nets you more than enough.

Spoiler

hdHcRVz.png

2 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Treating the grind as something that happens in the background is not a bad mentality in general; jump into a mission to play around with a build or playstyle or just toodle around the open world harvesting resources or something, end up with random blueprints and resources to the point that periodically checking the foundry may reveal some surprises ready to be built.

I get the Circuit/Cryotic thing

Exactly that. There are plenty of painfully boring grinds, but when it comes to "standard" resources (= not limited to a single place), you should just... play the game and you'll get them eventually. That's usually my advice to newcomers asking for "the best spot to grind Neurodes". I just tell them to not focus one single thing specifically, otherwise they risk burning them out very quickly (or at least not enjoying their time spent in game), for no real benefit anyway.

I can understand the complaint on the very limited resources that "force" you to focus in one mission for way too long if you don't enjoy it, but Cryotics are fine. Sibear is not even a meta weapon

• Like 1

yeah, Circuit helps, probably accidentally, bandaid that Cryotic has been an awful Resource to get for any newer Players since Excavation has ceased to be a useful Gamemode to play for a looooooooooooooooong time. so nobody plays it.

it was not an issue at all when Excavation was objectively the best overall grinding Gamemode in the game, however it hasn't been for a long time and nowadays we have many different places to prefer to play depending on what sort of stuff Players are looking for as well as multiple options for atleast most of them (this is a very good thing). but nothing other than Excavation has Cryotic.

so, i guess we helped the problem by accident with Duviri.

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:
5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Circuit definitely helps. 

But I won't call the playerbase truly blase about cryotic until Sibear stops selling out whenever it shows up at Darvo.

Looks up what Sibear is.

2c7aeb22751f5a9d301f192136c8b8ad.png

Excuse me, what the f---?

30k credits is too much for you? That's nothign.

Joking aside, 30k crotic is not too much. I've seen much more horrible grinds. If I want e.g. 1 frame with 2 rare, 1 uncommon & 1 common I would need to run probably ~50 runs (if not more). Even simple 5 minutes per run (not counting loading, getting void trace and relics etc) would take me 250 minutes... which is ~4 hours. How much I can solo with 1 excavator? 100 cryotic per 100 second, that's 1 cryotic per second. That's 8.3 hours. But guess what, even solo I can do 2 per run. That's 4.15 hours. With booster I can get x2 so it's 2.075 hours. And all of it solo. With team you can do more, even crack relics if available.

before circuit it was pain because you cannot even do excavation fissures because players rush to complete digs and you won't get enough reactant.

I farmed Sibear mainly doing excavation alone or with some random player. They should at least make it so higher level mission gives more cryotic.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

before circuit it was pain because you cannot even do excavation fissures because players rush to complete digs and you won't get enough reactant.

I farmed Sibear mainly doing excavation alone or with some random player. They should at least make it so higher level mission gives more cryotic.

Something that was proposed (I think) years ago was to allow for overpowering the excavators by feeding them additional power cells. As one Power Cell is 20% energy, using another one on it should make the extractor extract 20 more cryotics over 20 seconds.

It would both increase the cryotics drops and potentially increase the difficulty of excavation if you're too greedy (fewer cells laying around to refill the shields), so at one point you might need to balance the difficulty / benefit.

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Excavation is one of the cycling missions in The Circuit, which means you're getting a steady influx of it as you grind in there. Since you're not in there for the cryotic specifically, it doesn't feel like grinding for cryotic, so you're just accumulating it like you would any other resource. In other words, the excruciating nature of cryotic grinding is not an issue for peeps who do The Circuit, because they're generating a decent stockpile as part of their day-to-day activity without targeting it specifically.

Now if only DE would add Oxium Osprey to the enemy roster in there...

The reason I don’t like cryotic farming is because you can go to ANY LEVEL, and the excavators will still be ONE SHOTS after a like level 70. I usually just bring Voruna or max strength/range Equinox to the lowest level I can get. Rewards are still 100 cryotic, no matter the level. 
And before anyone says “Skill issue,” my problem isn’t the excavators are weaker then glass, I can just solve that with Limbo. The problem is no matter the level, it’s still just 100 cryotic.

5 hours ago, Packetdancer said:

I decided to go open the mobile app and see how much cryotic I had, out of curiosity.

CJXP3pU.png

...I may have a Steel Circuit and Void Fissure problem, but at least it isn't as bad as Qriist's.

I'm sitting on absolute loads, back in the day when mods had to be ranked up with fusion cores predating endo, and excavation was the most efficient at obtaining them.

prior to the addition of the Circuit, Cryotic was one of those tedious grinds, especially when it was for the Sibear or Vauban Prime, now it's not so bad, and that's usually how grinds go in warframe; they are most brutal at the start, then get changed to be easier later on, which is why some people will wait a few patches before they farm stuff they want to try.

meanwhile I've spent the last year or so putting Cryotic ice cubes in my Helminth's cocktails because I have so much of it. 

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

How long has it taken so far?

Looks like I started the game in 2015, so probably started the clan around 2016...so somewhere around 7 years!  I haven't been going out of my way to farm the Mutagens because the rate is so slow (and the reward so meager) that it's simply not worth it.  But someday maybe I'll be able to check that off the clan list...

1 minute ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Looks like I started the game in 2015, so probably started the clan around 2016...so somewhere around 7 years!  I haven't been going out of my way to farm the Mutagens because the rate is so slow (and the reward so meager) that it's simply not worth it.  But someday maybe I'll be able to check that off the clan list...

It's a lot easier since Deimos was introduced.  If playing more Deimos has any appeal to you or your clan for other reasons, like the current event, for example.