Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost doesn't need a rework

Waeleto

23 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Frost is not Gara, I mean your point is maybe valid as some point, But i prefer them to be different. I have wanted many changes for Frost in the past but today none of that is really necessary except for his passive.

But dont you think it is a bit ass backwards to allow people to shoot through crystal/glass walls, while being unable to shoot through an area of frost winds? I'd get it if it was the otherway around. I know we are hardcore people up here in the cold north, but our freezing winds wont stop bullets dead in their tracks or make missiles suddenly explode as they hit the outer barrier of a winter storm.

And for those who wonder, no, polar bears do not roam the streets and our women do not run around in bikinis in the middle of winter, both of those are reserved for us men when we are drunk. So if you've ever seen a polar bear roaming the streets, it is most likely a drunk swedish guy in a fur bikini.

• Like 2

On 2023-10-21 at 8:41 AM, YUNoJump said:

Helminth shouldn't be how we balance frames though, it's an optional system. A frame should be judged by its base form, not extra stuff like Helminth. Similarly, abilities should be good without needing Augments.

#*!%ing Thank You. I detest that "argument". People want to rag on others for being DEfenders but I rarely see push back/it being thrown at on the notion of "It's ok for this design to have some useless trash in it, just use Helminth". That has to be the biggest excuse and cope I see the wider community accept and use to justify silly stuff in a WF's kit.

• Like 4

В 21.10.2023 в 16:01, Rakosta_Kai сказал:

Don't like Freeze? Helminth.
Don't like the passive? Most passives (especially the early ones) are lackluster anyway. Ask for a pass on passives instead.
Hate Ice Wave? Helminth.

What if I hate Helminth?

It's not my job to fix frames with bad kits.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I know. I'm just salty about hydroid completely losing his puddle. 

puddle was garbage, it didn't promote stationary gameplay it promoted afk gameplay and hydroid is 10 times better now, get over it

• Like 1

Snow Globe is actually really bad. I know it used to be good back in the day, but on Steel Path it gets shredded in seconds. It's worthless. It's been massively outclassed by other defensive abilities, and it interferes with gameplay by blocking gunfire. Snow Globe isn't Frost's "defining feature" — not in 2023. Avalanche is Frost's only worthwhile ability.

On 2023-10-23 at 2:23 AM, SteveCutler said:

Snow Globe is actually really bad. I know it used to be good back in the day, but on Steel Path it gets shredded in seconds. It's worthless. It's been massively outclassed by other defensive abilities, and it interferes with gameplay by blocking gunfire. Snow Globe isn't Frost's "defining feature" — not in 2023. Avalanche is Frost's only worthwhile ability.

With a proper build, you can drop a Snowglobe with several million health in a matter of a second or two. Only way that's going down in a matter of seconds is if a nullify effect hits it, which is a skill issue if you're not prioritizing the interception of Nullifiers and the like.

18 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Really wish snowglobe could be removed with both his first and second ability.

Hold casting Snow Globe doesn't do anything special, right?  It seems like a targeted hold-cast of 3 would be a good solution.  It's got to be able to be targeted though, unlike the base ability.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Hold casting Snow Globe doesn't do anything special, right?  It seems like a targeted hold-cast of 3 would be a good solution.  It's got to be able to be targeted though, unlike the base ability.

This might slow his gameplay a bit though. Considering the vast majority of Frost's call for change is exclusively for endurance runs (his abilities are more than fine for SP Adaro), I think targeting would cause too many extra hits.

44 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

This might slow his gameplay a bit though. Considering the vast majority of Frost's call for change is exclusively for endurance runs (his abilities are more than fine for SP Adaro), I think targeting would cause too many extra hits.

It's just another source for the same function on Freeze:  perhaps more intuitive for players new to Frost, but mainly a solution for people who want to replace Freeze.  I guess it would also cost no energy.

No more ambitious than that.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

Snow Globe could use a change where it works like Eximus units (base to the ability, not an augment).

I would love this if:
A: you could pick it up and put it down like volt's shields.
And B: Allies can shoot trough it from outside. Cus if you can walk around with that thing the way it is you effectively have a bubble of "Only I get to kill the enemies in this space, and god forbid I'm ahead of you in a hallway". Not that allies being able to shoot through it form outside isn't a change it needs without the ability to pick it up already.

This thread is an example of why some frames languish in mediocrity for years.  "Mains" coming out of the wood work to declare that their frames are, in fact, the best frames in the game and don't need any help whatsoever.

• Like 4

Frost doesn't need a rework, but he could use a few tune-ups. For instance, I wouldn't object to the behavior of his bubble changing a little to avoid inter-team friction. His 1 also feels a little low impact in modern warframe. Hydroid's new 1 is a pretty stark comparison.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 1:24 PM, IfritKajiTora said:

For me all that sounds weak.

Freeze slow nearby enemies, yeah cool but avalanche FREEZE enemies reduce or remove armor and it's 360 decently large AoE.

Ice Wave give 35% critical multiplier boost with 6 cold stacks, which isn't a great number but always something. anyway Avalanche is reducing or removing armor so you will do much more damage to enemies that were armored, you can use both on the same enemies but that's additional casting step in this time you could just kill them quicker by just shooting at them after Avalanche that removes armor and stops them from shooting,  also the Augment for Frozen enemies that Frost weapons have 200% critical chance and 200% critical damage bonus.
Ice Wave only Reducing enemy DPS while Avalanche just stops their DPS because of Frozen state.

So anyway Ice Wave and Freeze is still useless, the same as his passive ability need to change.

Exactly like with all the buffs and indirect buffs he received they all benefit avalanche more than the rest of his kit, leaving freeze and ice wave behind and even Pablo said he’s no longer making frames with single target first abilities like fireball and freeze. 
 In this day and age he’s just an ult bot I still love him and will continue to main him it’s just I would like have more situations where it’s beneficial to use freeze and ice wave.

Also I didn’t bring up snow globe because it’s fine imo.

• Like 1

Am 21.10.2023 um 14:02 schrieb Waeleto:

I see so many people calling for a frost rework now that hydroid's rework was an incredible success and as a frost main i don't think he need a rework
He can use buffs like the ones that yareli received in lua's prey but his kit itself is good, his augments are good and he's IMO fun to play 

only if you play it 24/7 that doest mean its horrible. i liked him in first years. but now frost is a joke. he is worst pick even in sp defs. gl with solo sp mob def vs bubbles+energy vampire and burst ranged.............😠