The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abyss of Dagath: Hotfix 34.0.6

[DE]Megan

Abyss of Dagath: Hotfix 34.0.6

Changes

• You can now sort your Friends list by “PLATFORM.” 

• Replaced an outdated Hydroid ability tip with a new one for Plunder: “Casting Plunder removes any Corrosive Status Effects currently affecting enemies, permanently reducing their maximum Armor based on the Corrosive Status removed.”

• Replaced one of Voruna’s ability tips with a new one for Shroud of Dynar: “Shroud of Dynar's buff will only be extended if you earn a Melee kill within 3 seconds of exiting invisibility. Be precise and strike true.” 

Fixes

• Fixed Voruna’s Shroud of Dynar invisibility breaking permanently after attacking with Ulfrun’s Descent. 

• With this fix, its intended function has been restored to break invisibility briefly during the lunge and then reapply. 

• Fixed the damage multiplier HUD tracker for Voruna’s Ulfrun’s Descent not updating properly for Clients. 

• Fixed getting staggered (as Client) by the shockwaves created by Companions with Seismic Bond equipped. 

• Fixed enemies with Overguard being pulled by Magus Anomaly. 

• Enemies with Overguard are immune to crowd control abilities/effects, and should not be affected by Magus Anomaly until after Overguard has been removed. 

• Fixed Air Support Charges appearing in the Foundry during Vor’s Prize. 

• These should only appear in the Foundry once you are in possession of the Landing Craft Foundry Segment. 

• Fixed Fired Up’s description stating it was dealing 0% Heat Damage on weapon per hit at Rank 0, instead of the intended 0.8%. 

• Fixed Friends list not updating after adding/removing/denying Friends if accessed from the notification bar while in Navigation. 

• Fixed the “Rank Up!” pop-up occurring for each of the Sentinel clones created by Duplex Bond, even if your Sentinel’s weapons were already Rank 30. 

• Fixed the Waverider Comic zooming out and not being readable after hitting the “Select” button while using a controller.

• Fixed script error in customized UI themes.

• Like 32

1 minute ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed enemies with Overguard being pulled by Magus Anomaly. 

• Enemies with Overguard are immune to crowd control abilities/effects, and should not be affected by Magus Anomaly until after Overguard has been removed. 

Honestly at this point, there should be some sort of compromise. Are frames/builds/loadouts like Vauban which centers around crowd control supposed to become useless? I think an exception should be made when an ability ULTIMATE is supposed to crowd control and does not. Or perhaps crowd control abilities should deplete overguard?

• Like 26

5 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

At this point you guys should look into auditing crowd control like you did with healing when addressing Vazarin way back. There are several things that should and should not interact with Overguard. The more the game pushes to "DPS your way out of a mission", the more stale and homogenized builds become, which is a core pillar of what makes Warframe fun. 

• Like 32

16 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Are yall planning to fix the many exceptions?  And if you aren't, can we get some idea of the reasoning behind many exceptions being ok while some are not?

13 minutes ago, Damocles said:

Honestly at this point, there should be some sort of compromise. Are frames/builds/loadouts like Vauban which centers around crowd control supposed to become useless? I think an exception should be made when an ability ULTIMATE is supposed to crowd control and does not. Or perhaps crowd control abilities should deplete overguard?

That's a very ironic example to use, since Bastille/Vortex is a rare example of a CC ult that still gives a lesser CC effect on targets protected by Overguard.  i.e., it already has a "compromise" built in. 

Which I'm all in favor of.  I wish more CC abilities got this treatment.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 9

Zitat

Doesnt change the fact that Enemy CC immunity is horrendeous game design and absolutely invalidates a ton of Abilities and Builds

Overguard should only make CC 50% less effective instead of entirely useless

Edited by Cephalon_Umbra
typo
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

Sooooooo...

We're still not gonna nerf Gloom's slowdown for subsumes in the near future?
Yet Fractured Blast and Lycath's Hunt still get very minimal effects from being subsumed on?

Yeah, that checks out.

How about bringing up some of the bad subsume abilities instead of just nerfing all of the good ones?

19 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Yet we can still be knocked back a billion miles even if you are immune to CC? I'd love to see that get fixed as well if we can't budge enemies an inch but they can move us an entire continent over regardless of status immunity.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Cephalon_Umbra said:

Doesnt change the fact that Enemy CC immunity is horrendeous game design and absolutely invalidates a ton of Abilities and Builds

Overguard only make CC 50% less effective instead of entirely useless

It doesn't just invalidate many abilities and builds, it outright invalidates a handful of frames entirely.

• Like 10

Just now, XHADgaming said:

How about bringing up some of the bad subsume abilities instead of just nerfing all of the good ones?

Because nerfing all the good ones isn't the goal.

Gloom just happens to be a terrible choice that people cling onto.
Provides a 95% slowdown (which is filthy by the way) that nobody can reasonably stop.
You don't need "healing" if nothing can even shoot at that point. Not that people really need it considering that Shields exist.
All for the same reasons people play Inaros, the hamsters went on vacation and never came back.

It's like unwanted solicitors when I'm in a mission.
I get somebody using it and suddenly I have an increasingly vital urge to just the leave the mission as host unless I want to suffer boredom of the highest caliber.
This game is easy enough as is, we don't need to make sleeping on my desk seem more enthralling of an option.

• Like 9