Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need an augment slot

Waeleto

I know that DE said no before but we REALLY need an augment slot and i'm tired of pretending that we don't
So many warframes will ALWAYS have at least one augment in their build which they will almost not function without or are very bad without it and tbh an augment slot is a win win situation for EVERYONE, we get an extra slot to optimize our builds even more and DE gets 20 platinum per warframe 

• Like 14

We dont. There are many frames with 2 auguments in their meta builds. Putting one into another slot essentially makes 1 free slot for another mod. Another mod makes frames more powerful. And there is really no need for that. Been talked over and over. Numerous auguments go intto exilus slot (not all). That is all you gonna get. Managing your mods and stats with limited capacity and slots it one of the skill you need in warframe. If you cant, just copy the builds from internet.

• Like 19

We genuinely don't.

I run plenty of frames without any Augments, and I run a few frames with one or two. Some frames are fantastic and they don't even have Augments yet.

When you say 'I know DE said no before' are you aware that they repeated that 'no' literally last month? It was asked, and it was answered. This isn't even a dead horse anymore.

There are other ways you can get improvements to the Augments without the tired, lazy, base-ignorant-of-how-Mod-Points-are-limited-for-a-reason, janky idea of a dedicated slot is.

Also Forum Bingo. Again. I have three stamps on 'dedicated Augment slot' so far this week alone.

• Like 23

17 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

I know that DE said no before but we REALLY need an augment slot and i'm tired of pretending that we don't
So many warframes will ALWAYS have at least one augment in their build which they will almost not function without or are very bad without it and tbh an augment slot is a win win situation for EVERYONE, we get an extra slot to optimize our builds even more and DE gets 20 platinum per warframe 

Are You Sure Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

We've never needed augment slots less than we do now.  Archon shards and more recent arcanes offer ways to beef up our stats without mods. 

• Like 15

as long as DE keeps releasing bandaids but calls them augments instead of tweaking base abilities/frames, or creates augments so strong that it would be unwise not to run them in your builds, or creates augments that really just should be part of the base kit's function, I support this idea

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 11

Spoiler
34 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

We dont. There are many frames with 2 auguments in their meta builds. Putting one into another slot essentially makes 1 free slot for another mod. Another mod makes frames more powerful. And there is really no need for that. Been talked over and over. Numerous auguments go intto exilus slot (not all). That is all you gonna get. Managing your mods and stats with limited capacity and slots it one of the skill you need in warframe. If you cant, just copy the builds from internet.

29 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

We genuinely don't.

I run plenty of frames without any Augments, and I run a few frames with one or two. Some frames are fantastic and they don't even have Augments yet.

When you say 'I know DE said no before' are you aware that they repeated that 'no' literally last month? It was asked, and it was answered. This isn't even a dead horse anymore.

There are other ways you can get improvements to the Augments without the tired, lazy, base-ignorant-of-how-Mod-Points-are-limited-for-a-reason, janky idea of a dedicated slot is.

Also Forum Bingo. Again. I have three stamps on 'dedicated Augment slot' so far this week alone.

22 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Are You Sure Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

We've never needed augment slots less than we do now.  Archon shards and more recent arcanes offer ways to beef up our stats without mods. 

17 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

No. Heck no. We already have two (arcanes), plus focus school abilities and a subsume mechanic. 

Having it just to have it is ridiculous. Please stop asking guys.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

You want it but we don't need it, having to sacrifice a mod slot for a power boost is fine as it is.

7 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

That-s-where-you-re-wrong-kiddo.jpg

You're all objectively wrong. Full stop.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_Transfer

That's also just one example of many. I won't be engaging further, because there's no discussion to have here. OP is simply correct.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That's also just one example of many. I won't be engaging further, because there's no discussion to have here. OP is simply correct.

Because equinox isn't doing too well we should enable a chunk of frames to be more busted? That's stupid 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

😬 I have a Maimquinox build where I replace Equinox's 1 with Terrify.  😬

Even on my Equinox builds that still have the 1, I don't bother with that augment.  If you're looking for an augment that is borderline mandatory, I'd recommend Gyre's cathode current.  Or Revenant's mesmer shield.

2 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Counter Proposal
A progression system with "augments" on frames you play the most
The more you play a frame, the more "augments" you get
Other than that I don't see the point in augment slots

That would involve them removing all the augment mods no ? a lot of people bought them with plat so idk how they'd feel

18 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Prove it.

Because I can run a non-augmented Zephyr to level cap.

Dagath doesn't even have Augments and players are already doing that with her, too. Citrine before her. Wisp doesn't need Fused Reservoir to be the best Support in the game. Protea is good without Temporal Erosion, while Repair Dispensary makes her objectively worse because it takes up a slot that could be used for something else.

Wukong, Xaku, Harrow, Kullervo, Nova, Octavia, Revenant, Hydroid (after his lovely rework), Gauss, Grendel, Gara. All of those function just fine without Augments.

Those are just off the top of my head. If I can name 15 frames without needing to go to the Wiki that don't need any Augments to perform incredibly, then there's a dozen more of them that can perform 'adequately' without them too.

And the point of this is that we don't need a dedicated Augment slot. If anything, you're 'objectively' wrong for saying that we need one. There's another thread ongoing right now with at least three better ideas than a dedicated Augment slot, and one idea in there that would make a Dedicated Augment slot actually worth it.

Now, on to the topic again:

2 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

That would involve them removing all the augment mods no ? a lot of people bought them with plat so idk how they'd feel

The other thread I mentioned gave us a great idea:

Have Augment Mods themselves have progression. They would all, universally, cost a mod slot. But you would be able to unlock an Incarnon-style progression of perks by completing challenges. They would only exist on the Mod itself, and the mod would cost more Mod Points depending on how many levels of Perk you unlocked, up to the main one that made the change to what the Ability does, while the lower perks did things like add Range or Strength to the specific ability.

This would give actual flexibility in builds, without doing something that DE have actually said 'no' to multiple times, including on Twitter just a month ago.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Prove it.

Because I can run a non-augmented Zephyr to level cap.

Dagath doesn't even have Augments and players are already doing that with her, too. Citrine before her. Wisp doesn't need Fused Reservoir to be the best Support in the game. Protea is good without Temporal Erosion, while Repair Dispensary makes her objectively worse because it takes up a slot that could be used for something else.

Wukong, Xaku, Harrow, Kullervo, Nova, Octavia, Revenant, Hydroid (after his lovely rework), Gauss, Grendel, Gara. All of those function just fine without Augments.

Those are just off the top of my head. If I can name 15 frames without needing to go to the Wiki that don't need any Augments to perform incredibly, then there's a dozen more of them that can perform 'adequately' without them too.

And the point of this is that we don't need a dedicated Augment slot. If anything, you're 'objectively' wrong for saying that we need one. There's another thread ongoing right now with at least three better ideas than a dedicated Augment slot, and one idea in there that would make a Dedicated Augment slot actually worth it.

I'll prove it to you,
garuda, gyre, sevagoth, atlas, mirage, excalibur, frost, styanax, equinox, trinity, hildryn, khora, mag, nekros, oberon, rhino, volt and the list goes on
just because you listed the top tier warframes that could go into the sp with auto install and do great doesn't mean your argument is correct, the warframes i listed will ALWAYS have at least one augment in every build 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No, we're not. Full Stop.

I have no example because there's no discussion to have here. OP is simply incorrect and so are you.

Bye.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

I'll prove it to you,

That does not prove it.

Garuda doesn't need an Augment as people have been level-capping her for years. Gyre only needs an Augment for Ability based KPS additions, the rest of her kit is absolutely fine for normal gunplay. Sevagoth doesn't need an augment, he just wants one for adding to gunplay, his Abilities function absolutely fine. Atlas needs a Stat Stick, not an Augment. Mirage functions just fine without any Augments, what are you even talking about? None of Excal's augments are essential. The recent changes to Cold make base Frost incredible without any augments. Styanax was already level-capping without any augments, and the addition of a powerful Augment doesn't automatically make him worse without it. Equinox has power Transfer, but doesn't need it, players have been generating infinite damage without it, and she plays perfectly well in either day or night form without relying on that mod. Trinity is limited and due for a rework, but she tanks and supports really well without any of the augments. Hildryn is limited by not having the Augment that lets her generate Shields from Infested, but functions no worse without it on any other enemy in the game. Khora needs a Stat Stick, not an Augment. Mag hasn't needed an Augment to do anything since projectiles that don't vanish were put in the game, she can generate infinite damage and ignore most enemies with just her 2, plus shield-gating with her 3. Nekros does function worse without his Despoil, but doesn't function badly, he's completely adequate without his augments. Oberon is the same, while stronger with them, he's completely able to attempt the game's content without them. Rhino, too, is the same; stronger with them, but not a bad frame without them. Volt hasn't needed Augments for years.

Your list is entirely full of assumptions.

It's not just the meta frames, I genuinely mean that almost no Augments in the game are essential.

And even if they are essential to you or others

That doesn't mean they require a dedicated slot for them.

It doesn't make sense when Mod Point limits are still a thing, and when DE has actively, repeatedly and recently said they're not going to do it.

Take a look at the edit to my earlier comment, where I gave an example of a better way.

There are other ways to get the kind of flexibility and reworks you want.

But banging your proverbial head onto the dusty floor where the dead horse once was won't get you what you want.

• Like 8

The fact that a handful of Augments aren't strong enough to justify using doesn't mean that all Augments need a free slot; rather, it means that the underpowered Augments need buffs so that they can compete with normal mods to be best-in-slot, the way that the good Augments already do.

The result of your suggestion would be blanket power-creep without actually addressing the fundamental issue, increasing the power disparity between Warframes with strong Augments and Warframes with weak Augments.  Because suddenly every build that already had a strong Augment as best-in-slot now gets an additional normal mod slot, while every build that couldn't justify using a weak Augment instead gets a paltry slot for a weak Augment.  The strong get significantly stronger, and the weak get only mildy stronger.  It's a bad idea.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
realized there's no reason for a quote
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Why not just ask for a Vitality Slot or Prime flow slot too? Give every mod that people want to use, its own slot. 

Because they're using the augments as bandaids for problems in the base kit/ability instead of actually fixing them, take rhino for example you have to run an augment to simply recast his iron skin

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

Because they're using the augments as bandaids for problems in the base kit/ability instead of actually fixing them, take rhino for example you have to run an augment to simply recast his iron skin

Its not a bandaid, its a preference. I get along fine without that augment. That would be like calling Primed Flow a "bandaid" for energy pools. Its an option. Modding is supposed to be about choices. Thats what makes it engaging and forces you to experiment. 

• Like 7