Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think DE will ever fix fissures?

Traumtulpe

This was a capture mission. Then it became an extermination (change of plans!). Then the game stopped spawning enemies. Then we ran around looking for reactant. Then 2 players gave up and went to extraction. Nobody was able to open their relic.

We could just, you know, not have all this annoying broken crap that doesn't add anything (but bloody well substracts a lot!). If you lack the capability of making reactant work, why keep it?

105gSAn.png

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 15

Fissures were added before Capture missions were changed due to Oxium farming.

This issue is even worse when a console player hosts the lobby. Picking up reactant honestly shouldn't even be a mechanic. Mission completion should equate to Relic cracked if the Relic was equipped. 

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 16

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

It's a capture mission. You're completing it too quickly. Once you capture the target there won't be as many spawns. You need to slow down. 

do you not see the absurdity in your statement 

9 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This issue is even worse when a console player hosts the lobby. Picking up reactant honestly shouldn't even be a mechanic. Mission completion should equate to Relic cracked if the Relic was equipped. 

i agree. if this S#&$ is going to keep happening and if they're not going to address it, just scrap reactant altogether. just make it so the relic opens at the end of the mission, much like old void keys.

or maybe something like "Kill 10 corrupted enemies to open the relic" (>inb4 game can't even spawn 10 corrupted enemies)

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Illegal_Squirell said:

Absurd, but true. Enemies don't seem to spawn as much if the objective has been completed.

yes everyone knows it's true. what I'm asking is why aren't people pointing it out as a thing that should be addressed, instead of just taking it as what it is.

if the mission requires I get x amount of things, there should be enough of those things in the mission to satisfy x.

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The main reason reactant exists is to prevent AFK gameplay, even the 1st fissure iteration with the portals that gave specific ammounts of reactant (this was boring in quick missions but necessary to make all mission types equivalent when it comes to the time required)

You have to pick it up and nobody can do it for you, the only exception is railjack missions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

This was a capture mission. Then it became an extermination (change of plans!). Then the game stopped spawning enemies. Then we ran around looking for reactant. Then 2 players gave up and went to extraction. Nobody was able to open their relic.

We could just, you know, not have all this annoying broken crap that doesn't add anything (but bloody well substracts a lot!). If you lack the capability of making reactant work, why keep it?

105gSAn.png

that isn't a Fissure problem, This is a DE made a dumb decision for the wrong reason and messed up two birds with three stones

This would be fine as a normal mission but Void fissures change the subject (Teleporting in Corrupted enemies)

The oxium farming is because DE made it so common but difficult to guarantee its obtainment, Whilst also having high cost of oxium to Many Blueprints

Simply they just need to fix missions in general or start overhauling them to stand out from themselves instead of hoping it will stick together

• Like 3

vor einer Stunde schrieb sly_squash:

It's about the journey, not the destination.

You may not have been able to complete the fissure the way it was intended, but you had fun trying and that's what matters.  The real reward isn't a prime part; it's the friends you made along the way.  :)

Ten not only bought Warframe, but also other games like Path of Exile.
Strange that Warframe still has useful drops.
because in poe you have to quit your job and farm there 24/7 so that you can get your pack of noodles on the weekend.

So if you know the comparison and add that 3D gameplay can actually be fun...
but tastes are different.

literally, all DE needs to do is make it so that every corrupted enemy drops a reactant. then there's basically no way anyone could fail to open their relic, regardless of how long the mission takes. it can't be that hard to fix.

sadly though, it's been this way for so long now that it's likely never getting fixed. one could also argue that you don't lose the relic unless it's opened, and capture fissures take like 2 mins, so it's not like you're losing out on anything other than time; maybe that's another reason DE haven't fixed it, after all, there's be a lot more outrage if we did lose relics regardless..

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

yes everyone knows it's true. what I'm asking is why aren't people pointing it out as a thing that should be addressed, instead of just taking it as what it is.

if the mission requires I get x amount of things, there should be enough of those things in the mission to satisfy x.

Exactly. And you shouldn’t be penalized for moving quickly. If DE is going to slowdrip power creep to us, we shouldn’t be punished for fully taking advantage of it to blitz through missions. 

Reactant should be abolished. But if it won’t be, late loaders (thank you, crossplay) should at least get reactant to match the highest count player in the game. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Here's a novel idea: wait for everyone in the squad to spawn in at the beginning and quit killing all the enemies before they turn with your rushing the target.

This is bad game design, or at least indicative of a breakdown between DE's philosophy and final product.  We have mods, arcanes, shards, and years and years of power creep that let us turn most enemies into mist almost instantly.  Are we just supposed to not use them? 

Crossplay has only made this worse.  If I want to get any people in my random fissures, I need to play with crossplay on.  And console players tend to load a lot slower than PC players, at least in my experience.  This means that what once was a 2 minute capture fissure with my choice of reward from 4 completed relics now takes around twice as long... with no guarantee that a player will spawn in early enough to get enough reactant.  I went from 2 minutes with 1/4 options, to something like 4-6 minutes with 1/3 options.  I'm the jerk that often doesn't get off of extraction because I know that the player who just loaded in isn't going to be able to get enough reactant.  It's cold, but it saves everyone a lot of precious time.

Don't get me wrong.  I've got more than enough hours in this game to know the right pace to move through a lith capture fissure if I want to get enough reactant to crack my relic.  But I shouldn't have to hamstring myself to account for DE's shoddy spawn system.

• Like 9

Let me get this straight, the mission completely breaks, making it impossible to complete the objective and leaving all players with zero reward for their time, and some of you people's reaction is "Well that's clearly your fault, don't you know that the mission breaks if you just... do the mission? No, you *obviously* have to *not* do the mission and instead go afk for 5 minutes (and make sure your entire team also goes afk, since even a single player trying to actually, you know, do the mission will break it for everyone)."

How about we get off our white horse for just a second, and make DE actually fix one obvious thing, for once?

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

105gSAn.png

Means that increase drops counter act builds that clear whole rooms, also, let enemies convert first, then kill.

This isn't broken, this is exactly how it's intended.

Captures and exterminates stop spawning enemies after a short time to stop people from just sitting in them and farming without any repercusions. This has been in place for like... 8 years.
Not the games fault your squad killed everything way to fast for it to get corrupted by the fissures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

This isn't broken, this is exactly how it's intended.

Captures and exterminates stop spawning enemies after a short time to stop people from just sitting in them and farming without any repercusions. This has been in place for like... 8 years.
Not the games fault your squad killed everything way to fast for it to get corrupted by the fissures.

how is it the player's fault when the game keeps releasing new things that help us kill enemies even faster? becoming more powerful is like, the point of nearly every mainline update. 

killing is also literally the point/secondary point of most star chart missions. exterminate? kill. mobile defense? kill. defense? disruption? survival? 

surely you and everyone else blaming OP notice that maybe, just maybe, some older things should be revised to keep up with current day Warframe? instead of shrugging it off as nonsense? or are you guys just content with letting things be as they are, even if it isn't right?

farming? we have so many ways to farm most resources more effectively & efficiently now, outside of very, very few resources. does that spawn cap argument hold up today?

(ps: the answer is no, anything else is nonsense.)

Edited by Skoomaseller
answering my own question for you, to avoid misunderstandings.
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, KIREEK said:

The main reason reactant exists is to prevent AFK gameplay, even the 1st fissure iteration with the portals that gave specific ammounts of reactant (this was boring in quick missions but necessary to make all mission types equivalent when it comes to the time required)

You have to pick it up and nobody can do it for you, the only exception is railjack missions.

If they cared so much about AFK gameplay they would have changed Specters or a plethora of other things by now. Reactant really doesn't accomplish what you're trying to say it does.

All reactant does is punish players for various reasons, be it they joined late, the host is a console player and others don't stand around wasting their time, players are tagging behind, or they aren't staying with the player with the most kills during endless missions.

If a player was AFK, they would miss out on mission rewards anyway, due to ineligibility.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

It's a capture mission. You're completing it too quickly. Once you capture the target there won't be as many spawns. You need to slow down. 

False. You can still see mooks running around after Capture and IIRC the mission timeout can potentially trigger from it. For some reason once the "Change of plans" appears, the game stops or slows the spawning when in fact, it should ramp up the spawns or keep it as it is for some reason.

Source: Just leveled my Braton Incarnon in Hepit, and compared to extermination there are pretty much too many spare mooks for me to torment for that purpose.

Edited by Stafelund

5 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

False. You can still see mooks running around after Capture. For some reason once the "Change of plans" appears, the game stops or slows the spawning when in fact, it should ramp up the spawns or keep it as it is for some reason.

The person you quoted is correct. Once you capture the target, enemy spawns cease after a window of 2 minutes.

As per Update 23:

After the target is captured in Capture missions, the level alert levels will automatically turn off after 1 minute, and enemy spawns will stop after 2 minutes.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Traumtulpe:

How about we get off our white horse for just a second, and make DE actually fix one obvious thing, for once?

No. Fixing bugs is not worth their time because it doesn't generate money.

Just stop playing capture missions if you can't deal with getting no rewards. :P 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The person you quoted is correct. Once you capture the target, enemy spawns cease after a window of 2 minutes.

As per Update 23:

After the target is captured in Capture missions, the level alert levels will automatically turn off after 1 minute, and enemy spawns will stop after 2 minutes.

Thanks for that information. Even after 2 mins it feels like there are a lot of enemies so it gives the illusion of them still spawning.

• Like 1