Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #175!

[DE]Megan

@[DE]MeganHello Meg !!! 👋 i've a question about cross-save and i hope the Team haves an answer : when the cross-save becomes reality, if, for example, i've a PSN account with 100% trophies on my PS5, all the corresponding success will unlocks on my XBox Series X if both of my accounts are correctly linked ? i've an account on both systems but never played (and never download) Warframe on XBox and i'm interested about success only on XBox, because i wants to stay on PlayStation for Warframe.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)OmegaSlayer:

Summary of things still promised, incomplete, juggling in the air

-Lifting the whole (content islands are still very disconnected)

-A proper story mode containing the old events; we go forward with more and more complex stories but old stuff that is actual canon lore and important to the development of some characters like Alad V, Vay Hek or Tyl Regor is missing IN the game, and a Wikia page is not the place where a player has to search for it

-Wall running replacing wall hopping still not a thing (although mentioned in devstream, and hey...new games ripping Warframe off will do it), Geoff mentioned some problem...which hasn't been resolved yet?

-UI still unfinished...from December 2018...it's almost 5 (FIVE) years

-Command wheel for pets (maybe second part of companion rework?)

-Leverian not seeing any entry for a while (another thing that had been left in the limbo, you started it and then forgot it...it was May 2019)

-Many new frames still don't have noggles (minor thing...but why Warframe Noggles don't drop 1 month after the frame release? I don't say day and date, but at least not year after)

-Drop chances revision as a QoL; the game has soooo much to do and collect that 0,0001% drop rate chances are just obnoxious 

-Where's Rage melee mode (also known as Changelling 2.0), mentioned in 2019, as the final phase of melee rework

-Modulary archwing/Archwing melee revisit, another thing from 2019, then coupled with Scott idea to remove Archwing missions (NO, but they must be revisited)...where's Archwing gonna go in the game? What's his future?

-Railjack integration with open worlds, like it was shown and promised at Tennocon

-Squad link, did you really gave up on the idea? If there's the tech that makes Cross Platform, I don't think Squad Link will be impossible to achieve

-3rd Orb fight, sitting in a lake since November 2018 

-Sergeant/Phorid boss fights revisions...Sergent revision mentioned as Nef Anyo's fight BEFORE Fortuna was released

-Trials/Raids they were removed in March 2018 (5 YEARS)...a content many player loved, it was promised to bring back something in that vein but no news yet

None of this will happen as none of this is monetizable.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, German said:

None of this will happen as none of this is monetizable.

That's not entirely serious, right?  Of course monetization is going to move features up the priority list.  But they've always done some amount of non-monetized improvements, and  just put out an update with a bunch of them.

If your point was more "keep your expectations in check because monetization seems to be becoming a bigger deal" ...yeah, that's fair.

• Like 5

Can we please integrate railjack nodes into our star chart?

What I mean by that is once someone unlocks the Railjack quest, which happens after a certain point in the regular star chart, there will be some optional or mandatory Railjack missions (based on the mandatory nodes path you have to unlock to progress our solar system).

If your RJ isn't up to snuff then you could always hop on someone else's in public missions. You might also have the choice if you want to board your own.

At this point in time RJ missions feel like they are a separate game and systems, detached from the rest of the game. 

Duviri is different because it feels and it is a different dimension of sorts. RJ tab doesn't have to be like that. just implement it into the regular star chart and it will feel like it is part of the game and not its own content island.

Rail Jack nodes within the RJ map right now could be repurposed and moved into the regular starchart. Maybe not all said missions and nodes, just keep the most important ones.

Thank you 

• Like 1

Guten Tag and Annyeonghaseyo DE Developers.

1. Warframe has had cinematic quests about getting Low, Low (Call of the Tempestarii, Sisters, Below, Below), and now we are getting a cinematic quest about Walls. With Whispers in the Wall, which I am very much looking forward to. Could we expect possible future cinematic quests about Windows, Sweat or... more? 

2. Is the Man in the Wall in any way related to the Man in the Chimney? Given our Whispers update is going to be in DEcember (fingers crossed, no DElays), its hard not to see a connection, given what other supernatural entities also are associated with DEcember. 

3. My assumption is that the teaser preview image, is of Kalymos, Albrecht Entrati's beloved Kavat. Since the Man in the Wall, also sounds vaguely Seussian in nature, could we wonder if we may get more Kavat head armour options? As to have more Kavats in Hats?

4. Can we get more shotguns? Some TLC for Archguns? 

5. If Smeetas charm is eventually modified/nerfed, could we potentially see slightly more regular Resource Booster weekends? 

6. I really like the pet rework, but certain changes seem to have... the way Pack Leader/Prime Pack Leader works now, certain melee weapons that were effective before, are no where as effective anymore (like glaives, gunblades, weapons that do less hits/slower etc), could we potentially see adjustments?

6B. Semi related and I know January/February is usually the month for usage data, but when that happens, could we hear interesting data about pets and why/how people are using them, etc, could be fun and interesting. 

Much thanks! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rysm69 said:

Railjacks can move at 200m/s Unmodded and up to 700m/s so i have no idea why you would even want to use it in there because it will just be you hitting invisible walls every time you try to move because of how fast Railjacks are. Even in the biggest open world (Orb vallis at 8.2km square) you will be able to clear it in less then 10 seconds. all that would achieve is make open worlds feel claustrophobic because of how big Railjacks are and how fast they move. I get that DE showed a cut-scene of it and people thought they would be able to do it, but i don't remember ever it being promised. Also ground to space is one of the most expensive and difficult things to achieve in gaming, go ask Star Citizen Devs, it will take millions of dollars and years just to modify a game Engine like Unreal or Evolution to support 64bit world space coordinates to make it feasible.

i doubt he meant integration as in turning Warframe into No Man's Sky, probably just something along the lines of calling it down and hopping on straight from an open world like the trailer, as opposed to having to leave the open world, return to your ship, and then be able to get on the railjack

sure, it's a bit redundant, but they showed it off and it would be cool

• Like 3

Every day I pray for cross-save. Can't believe it might finally be soon.

Also really really hoping there is some kind of account merging. I know Reb briefly touched on it last devstream, but it would really be great to not have to choose which account goes in the garbage bin when cross-save happens.

On 2023-11-15 at 5:03 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Perfect Melee Heavy Attack changes

Any info about other melee related stuff:

- Deimos aerial mod set - modset with allow you to execute different aerial attack

- stance fixes - some stances, e.g. Bullet dance, moves in standing combo and/or stand when moving, fixes via YOU or some sort DIY stance system - moving/deleting attacks

- change in melee types purpose - Like, we have Assault saw (Ghoulsaw) that have "riding mechanic". stance isn't perfect but it tries something new. On other hand new melee types like Heavy scythe or Double Nikana give us nothing new. Heavy scythe has the same range as normal Scythes, which is silly.

- any planed melee changes?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kalidibus said:

Every day I pray for cross-save. Can't believe it might finally be soon.

Also really really hoping there is some kind of account merging. I know Reb briefly touched on it last devstream, but it would really be great to not have to choose which account goes in the garbage bin when cross-save happens.

likewise for account merging.  both my accounts are fully caught up to current content.  I'm kind of in a place where I don't really want to give either up. So I'm hoping whatever they come up with will allow for everything I have to be kept or for both to be accessible to me whenever I start up the game. 

@[DE]Megan So excited for the final Devstream of 2023! I would be most honored if either you, Rebecca, or somebody over at DE were to look at my ideas topic post in the Fan Concepts regarding 1999 and the "possible" implementation of reviving a certain old game protagonist to join forces with (and maybe train) Arthur in his battles with however the plot of 1999 turns out to be. You see, my dream is to have this character become a proper memory within the Warframe Community and finally lay to rest the theories, rumors, or other crazy ideas (like mine; I have way too many 😆) of how these two games connect. You can probably guess WHO the character I'm talking about is and WHAT game he is from. I have a better explanation within my topic, if it is read. Which, by the way, I am not at all forcing anybody to read it (especially the good people over at Digital Extremes)!!! However, if anyone else reading this comment is at all interested here is the link. :) Thank you again to Megan for noticing my Twitch Chat comment during one of the QTCC Streams, it really had made my day! 😂

I just hope I don't get banned or suspended just for requesting this from somebody over at Digital Extremes... 😥

• Like 1

There's some questions I still have from before, but I'll try to keep it brief :)

• The biggest question I have regarding Whispers in the Walls, is the quest going to be replayable?
    • I'm not sure if the Duviri Paradox is yet or would be, but I think it would be good if more quests in the game were. Partly in case of any unique codex scans (New War, Sands of Inaros, etc.), but also to be able to experience the quests with different Frames every now and then.

• Considering that new types of (Enemy?) Necramechs were shown at Tennolive, I do think it would be nice if Voidrig and Bonewidow could have their own Passives / Ability Augment mods, etc. (An old thread of mine from around Orphix Venom, but plenty of details), eventually. If nothing else I do think it's good for brainstorming more ideas for Necramechs.

• It would still be neat to see Voidshell skins made for Prime Warframes in the future too, be it from Baro Ki'Teer or Varzia's wares. Maybe Necramechs would be eligible too when the time comes.

• Are there any more plans for more Signas at some point? Those are another interesting idea for customization; Maybe there could be a Prisma one from Baro Ki'Teer as well for a certain amount of Ducats, as one idea.
    • Maybe a Dex Signa for the Operator / Drifter someday?

Off the top of my head, those are all the main things that come to mind this time, so thanks for hearing me out on it. I'm looking forward to the next Devstream & Gargoyle's Cry too.

Hey DE, can you make an animation so I can pet the robot dogs we get from sisters of parvos? I would like to be affectionate with all my pets. Also adding a bird companion, based off of an emu, possibly just a reskin of the Moa companion would be rad. Or maybe a infested helminth kavat. Looking forward to the stream and thank you! -A Space Ninja Pet Enthusiast

On 2023-11-15 at 9:12 AM, (PSN)OmegaSlayer said:

Summary of things still promised, incomplete, juggling in the air

-Lifting the whole (content islands are still very disconnected)

-A proper story mode containing the old events; we go forward with more and more complex stories but old stuff that is actual canon lore and important to the development of some characters like Alad V, Vay Hek or Tyl Regor is missing IN the game, and a Wikia page is not the place where a player has to search for it

-Wall running replacing wall hopping still not a thing (although mentioned in devstream, and hey...new games ripping Warframe off will do it), Geoff mentioned some problem...which hasn't been resolved yet?

-UI still unfinished...from December 2018...it's almost 5 (FIVE) years

-Command wheel for pets (maybe second part of companion rework?)

-Leverian not seeing any entry for a while (another thing that had been left in the limbo, you started it and then forgot it...it was May 2019)

-Many new frames still don't have noggles (minor thing...but why Warframe Noggles don't drop 1 month after the frame release? I don't say day and date, but at least not year after)

-Drop chances revision as a QoL; the game has soooo much to do and collect that 0,0001% drop rate chances are just obnoxious 

-Where's Rage melee mode (also known as Changelling 2.0), mentioned in 2019, as the final phase of melee rework

-Modulary archwing/Archwing melee revisit, another thing from 2019, then coupled with Scott idea to remove Archwing missions (NO, but they must be revisited)...where's Archwing gonna go in the game? What's his future?

-Railjack integration with open worlds, like it was shown and promised at Tennocon

-Squad link, did you really gave up on the idea? If there's the tech that makes Cross Platform, I don't think Squad Link will be impossible to achieve

-3rd Orb fight, sitting in a lake since November 2018 

-Sergeant/Phorid boss fights revisions...Sergent revision mentioned as Nef Anyo's fight BEFORE Fortuna was released

-Trials/Raids they were removed in March 2018 (5 YEARS)...a content many player loved, it was promised to bring back something in that vein but no news yet

1. This is very general and kinda vague, when was this discussed as a whole by DE? 

2. Same with above

3. Wall run was gutted due to clipping issues and was a deliberate decision. Do you have a source on DE mentioning it coming back?

4. The UI does need work, but we're gonna have to be more specific than just "fixing it"

5. Could be a cool idea, I'm personally not against it. I have seen other players being against the idea that companions needing additional input and potentially breaking the flow of combat though. 

6. Last leverian entry was Voruna. I suppose it's not important enough to be of concern for most players. 

7. Minor thing like you said. 

8. With a few exceptions the drop chances really aren't that bad. Warframe is FAR from the most grindy games I've played and RNG feels very forgiving in this game. What we need is more pity systems. 

9. Important but probably in the the ever growing backlog of things. 

10. In the backburner, don't expect it anytime soon. 

11. Scrapped. DE probably realized that integrating railjack with open worlds will require too much effort recoding the game which became unfeasible. There's a lot of tech debt in this game. This game is session based, it doesn't have the fluid mission-to-mission flow that modern open world games have. 

12. Cross play and squad link are COMPLETELY different things that require COMPLETELY different technology. They are not comparable at all. 

13. Also in backburner. 

14. Backburner

15. Trials were a broken, buggy mess that maybe 2% of the player base regular engaged in. Resources are better spent elsewhere. 

In conclusion there's a lot of stuff in DE backlog and it's impossible for them to add everything there all at once to the game. Some things are more important than others and will take priority. 

Edited by (XBOX)AchilDeed
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)AchilDeed said:
2 hours ago, (XBOX)AchilDeed said:

8. With a few exceptions the drop chances really aren't that bad. Warframe is FAR from the most grindy games I've played and RNG feels very forgiving in this game. What we need is more pity systems. 

Drop chances are... random. 37% of holokeys chance doesn't mean you will get it every ~1/3 of run. IMHO we need less random system. Pity system is one way. We can get "increasing chances up to 100%" like Archon shards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Drop chances are... random. 37% of holokeys chance doesn't mean you will get it every ~1/3 of run. IMHO we need less random system. Pity system is one way. We can get "increasing chances up to 100%" like Archon shards.

Hence RNG, yk "random number generator", that's just how math works. A 20% chance doesn't mean you'll always get it 1/5th of the time, and if it was predictable then it wouldn't be RNG anymore. Every looter shooter relies on the same mathematical principle and I'm glad warframe has pity because sometimes you can get real unlucky

11 hours ago, (XBOX)AchilDeed said:

Hence RNG, yk "random number generator", that's just how math works. A 20% chance doesn't mean you'll always get it 1/5th of the time, and if it was predictable then it wouldn't be RNG anymore. Every looter shooter relies on the same mathematical principle and I'm glad warframe has pity because sometimes you can get real unlucky

Yeah, but what I mean is that person can get more drops from 1% chance than other from 37%.  What person can get, without knowing too much math, that if 1% drops more loot then less % is better. However that's not the case. It's just random (at least in small dataset that player will probably have).