The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prediction: founders will be the only ones to get cross save before 2024.

(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

I dont know how many founders still play the game but the fact theyre starting cross save with such a small subset of the player base makes me think theyre still a ways off from a full release. 

But theyve been saying "by end of this year" for awhile now. I think people are gonna he upset if it goes down that way.

(If anyone doesnt know what im talking about they said in dev stream cross save is starting with founders)

Don't worry about it, Founders likely getting such so they can get their stuff to work correctly via cross-save, we'll get it soon.

And hey, think of it this way, if something goes wrong with the merging, be glad the founders are testing it first

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 4

They said it was coming in some form at the end of this year, they never said it would be completely finished this year.

I'm not really sure why you even care, once Founders test it properly it'll come out pretty quick. Something breaks and it's a lot easier to handle with a tiny amount of players. I don't really even want it if there's even a chance my stuff will be lost.

• Like 1

I find it interesting they mention founders first when I think that is actually one of the major pain points about Cross-Save and consoles with Excalibur Prime+Weapons not being obtainable on consoles

Yeah I'm not too happy about how they are trying to constantly add stipulations to these subjects instead of just being straightforward with the process. Yes I know there is some stuff like Sony and Nintendo not playing fair with it but it should be a lot smoother than this.

I think any prediction that involves the idea that some people will be upset is a bit... toothless. With a large enough selection of people, you are going to have a percent that are going to be upset no matter what. So then it becomes about how much/many people will be upset and how upset.

Well in this context, I don't imagine many, and not as many that will be understanding with the preference of it being done right and proper rather than rushed and indiscriminate. Personally speaking, as a non founder, founders seem like a good option to start with, small selection and all, which probably means, they can iron out bugs and issues efficiently enough to apply it to others relatively fast. 

Ultimately comes down to peoples expectations, and some people are better than others with them. Can't really do much to manage other peoples expectations, only your own. 

Testing is literally what Founders signed up for so it's not that surprising to start there (or the Design Council which is made up of top two tiers of Founders plus other active community members invited over time).  If it works with few hiccups and isn't a mess of Support Tickets flooding in and needing resolved then it'll likely expand quickly.  If it does end up with multiple unforeseen issues then it's easier to handle with a small test group so those problems can be ironed out before it hits the wider playerbase.

• Like 2

Starting with Founders is actually the smartest move, because the oldest accounts are the most problematic and complicated in terms of items owned and such. A player starting in 2020 would only have an account with access to things that all platforms have already (besides small exceptions like Arcane Helmets or some select TennoGen). Founders on the other hand are more likely to have weird event items from early years of the game, their Founder gear, etc.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Starting with Founders is actually the smartest move, because the oldest accounts are the most problematic and complicated in terms of items owned and such. A player starting in 2020 would only have an account with access to things that all platforms have already (besides small exceptions like Arcane Helmets or some select TennoGen). Founders on the other hand are more likely to have weird event items from early years of the game, their Founder gear, etc.

This is a great point. People who have been playing since 2013 are more likely to have the Rubedo Rhino skin or that Nvidia skin Rebecca mentioned.

Well, we'll be the only one to get access to it early, but at what cost ? The only reason to do cross play is to allow us to play on different platform, but they prevent us from using our stuff so...

I would like DE to give us a good reason for that actually. Why can't we use Prime exclusive gear on other platform ? Isn't that the point of "Cross Platform/Cross Save" ? I mean, all platforms will play together, so console people will interact with PC people and see Excalibur Prime. So the model is there, and it's a DE exclusive stuff, so Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft has nothing to say about that. So actually, from what we can see, there's no good reason for this limitation and it's disappointing. I was waiting for CP/CS for a long time to play on console or iOS and finally, I probably won't.

Actually being restricted to only PC for founder gear just makes the merge seem like it's for everyone but founders.. Not cool DE.

Edited by Sneyek
  • Like 1

Probably... They'll drop the trailer on the 7th, and they have to hit the release date pretty close since they need to be available for at least a couple hotfixes before leaving on Christmas vacations... So best case scenario we get it on the day of the game awards, and worse case scenario I doubt the would release latern than the 14th at the latest.

And since cross-save is coming with the update, they will probably flip the switch pretty quickly after stabilizing he new content , but keep it restrained. Surely they don't want to flip the switch right before the vacation and leave with an active powder keg, so I expect a small test drive to gather more data and likely them waiting for after vacations to really push it forward. That said it's possible the will allow us to log into other platforms with our accounts and start using cross-progression, but my guess is the proper merger might have to wait.

11 hours ago, Sneyek said:

Well, we'll be the only one to get access to it early, but at what cost ? The only reason to do cross play is to allow us to play on different platform, but they prevent us from using our stuff so...

I would like DE to give us a good reason for that actually. Why can't we use Prime exclusive gear on other platform ? Isn't that the point of "Cross Platform/Cross Save" ? I mean, all platforms will play together, so console people will interact with PC people and see Excalibur Prime. So the model is there, and it's a DE exclusive stuff, so Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft has nothing to say about that. So actually, from what we can see, there's no good reason for this limitation and it's disappointing. I was waiting for CP/CS for a long time to play on console or iOS and finally, I probably won't.

Actually being restricted to only PC for founder gear just makes the merge seem like it's for everyone but founders.. Not cool DE.

There are several asterisks and exceptions with various things to the point where this feels more like a permanent version of the one-time migrations we've seen in the past and not a universal cross-save/cross-play system. Nintendo Switch players cannot trade their Platinum with other platforms, TennoGen is locked per platform, Founders gear is locked to PC, etc. I would like to see a full list of every exception in an organized fashion to really see how "universal" this is.

• Like 1