The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Nightwave Nora's Mix Vol. 5 Unintended Additional Weeklies and Not Earning Standing Fix

[DE]Sam

My oh my, I think I nailed it. My Nostradamus intuition is on point this season, or is it just the extremely predictable incompetence, cannot really tell.

Surely dev manpower being delegated to this last minute change is not going to impact the polish on Whispers right? RIGHT? Gosh I hope I'm wrong.....

• Like 5

Do NOT make the new Permanent Acts recoverable, just leave everything as it is now. They also should NOT replace any of the regular 7 Weekly Acts, the Permanent Acts should be EXTRA acts in addition to regular 7 like you originally said back when first announced these changes.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Hey I just wanna ask, why do you want to give us the players less Nightwave Standing?

Like just answer that, because the original idea was to give us extra standing.

So tell us, honestly, why you want to give us less instead?

• Like 4

I'm in the camp that this is a baffling change and worse overall than the alternative. You had said for months that it would be ADDITIONAL and that was good for players. Now suddenly not even before, but actually during the release you walk-back that initiative everyone was so happy about? We literally have evidence you had to edit after the fact to contradict your 'changes' here.

This adjustment, even with the recovery, still makes no sense. It was a net positive that turned into a net negative that you're now trying to make simply neutral. And that's not what you said. Keep it the way it is - the way you said it would be. A good change for the players should stay a good change. That's all there is to it.

Edited by Dragoon
spelling
  • Like 14

My oh my, I think I nailed it. My Nostradamus intuition is on point this season, or is it just the extremely predictable incompetence, cannot really tell.

Surely dev manpower being delegated to this last minute change is not going to impact the polish on Whispers right? RIGHT? Gosh I hope I'm wrong.....

this is hilarious to think about in a like (omg why?) way. its big worry of mine that wispers in the walls will actually be super buggy on launch due to how close it is gonna launch to the break. given the scope of the update they told us. (even if the quest is more like angels of zariman its still a fairly large by comparison)

edit: worse they wont leave enough time to get the biggest most important bugs out of the way before the break. I expect there to be some minor bugs still in but ideally the most annoying game breaking/progress stopping are removed

Edited by balckillofdeath

Why are you being so sloppy lately DE?

1. Permanent weekly acts were ALWAYS said to be ADDITIONAL. not REPLACING. What's with this garbage?

2. It's called a PERMANENT weekly, so why is it not PERMANENT? TF do you mean they disappear forever instead of STAYING forever? That is not what 'permanent weekly' ever implied, at least to me.

3. Tf you mean you're 'testing to make permanent weeklies recoverable' as if they arent exactly the same as other weekly missions? hell, the same as every other nightwave act outside of dailies?

All of this is intentionally misleading the players, why are you trying to be Genshin with it's S#&$ implementation, FOMO, and monetization of EVERYTHING to a fault? Warframe is good, and I feel comfortable spending money on the game because you usually respect the players and their time, and dont ask them to drop everything every day to do dailies or drop $200 to not even guarantee yourself the newest character

Stop taking notes from other games, you're already the best F2P, stop trying to make it as bad as the 'competition' it's really depressing. Just keep the S#&$ the way it is, or make it better than it was, not WORSE. Please for the love of god.

• Like 9

If i'm right, the last daily act (2/12/2023) "Expressive : Play 1 emote" didnt bring me the 1k standing.
i should be at 56000 points (6k points at rank 5) but i'm still at 55000 points (5k points at rank 5).

The 1k standing finally popped up 1 or 2 hours later, after exiting the game and login in back.

Edited by -Kramer-

I'm not the first to say this, but I'll say it again because the point needs to be clear:

Recoverable permanent weeklies are bad. Either keep the system as is today ("unintended"), or revert to the old one.

Coming back after a break and having to complete 5 "complete 15 missions" is an objectively terrible idea, and it's genuinely worse than it was before the update. Replacing weeklies with permanent weeklies is a bad idea, and making them recoverable doesn't fix the issue.

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)drakolich21 said:

Coming back after a break and having to complete 5 "complete 15 missions

Oh lmao, that would actually be HELL. 

Actual Hell, you'd cause a returning players to burn out faster than an Ignis with Vile Acceleration. 

I never thought of someone who could have missed several weeks see that the only way to catch up is to just spam missions.

Hell this, complete 15 missions is just fake engagement now that I think about it. 

You guys trying to pad out the charts and see more play time or something? 

• Like 5

On 2023-11-29 at 4:01 PM, [DE]Sam said:

Howdy, Tenno!

A few extra Nightwave Acts slipped through on this rotation of Nora’s Mix Vol. 5.

Next week, Nightwave will return to form with the three new permanent Weeklies replacing three of the five regular Weeklies per rotation. The intended design for the following rotations has three permanent Weekly Acts and two regular Weekly Acts, culminating in the full five Weekly Acts (plus your usual amount of Dailies and Elite Weekly Acts).

However, while the additional Acts are unintended, we’re letting it roll for the rest of this rotation! Enjoy the extra Acts! 

Also, the new Permanent Weekly Acts were not awarding any Standing, which has now been fixed.

With the Standing issue resolved, we’re working on a script to retroactively award all the lost Nightwave Standing to those who’ve finished these Acts. We will update this thread once the script has run on all platforms!

Thanks, Tenno! We’ll update this post if there is more to share.

EDIT 11/29/2023: The script has finished running! All lost Nightwave Standing should be returned. 

EDIT 11/30/2023: We’re working on a change to make Permanent Weekly Acts recoverable so incomplete Permanent Weekly Acts won’t be lost! The intention is that if you’re catching up on missed Nightwave Acts, the Permanent Weekly Acts will continue to populate your Act rotation until you’ve caught up on the Rotations you’ve missed. As such, players will no longer miss out on Nightwave Standing should they not participate in any number of weeks. We will update you on the progress of this change when we have more information!

EDIT 12/1/2023: The team is still tinkering and testing the change to make Permanent Acts "Recoverable," however, it will not be ready for the next rotation, as we're finding the change may require a Hotfix/Update. When the change does come, all previous weeks will be Recoverable and not lost to the Void, allowing you to make up the Standing while we were tinkering. We appreciate your patience while we sort through this!

how about doing nothing ?

• Like 5

Apparently they bugged daily acts, instead of getting the expected three I only got one.

This season is starting on a really sour note. I don't understand why DE is so terrified of just making the Nightwave system fun for the players.

• The three permanent acts should be PERMANENT, as in once you complete one it just resets and you can keep going again. Obviously the payout would need to be reduced, getting 4,500 standing would be a little absurd considering how easy these are.
  • There needs to be a reroll feature added, that allows the player to trade one of their acts for something else. To do so, you'd expend a currency that can be obtained via non-Nightwave source(s), like buying them from the six core syndicates (just one example).
  • Like 2

Hey, so, I don't post often(this might be my first post even), but this is really uncool.

First, this absolutely was intended behaviour as per the actual dev notes and the devstream, and the intention was to make it more fun for people and to let them catch up better if one week they're just not really feeling it. As it stands right now, even with these changes to make the permanent acts more, well, permanent... they miss the mark on both things.

I was interested in this wave of nightwave because of Whispers in the Walls coming soon, cross save finally around the corner, and, most importantly, the expectation that we would have extra chances to gain nightwave standing, especially if we missed out. How does this fix that any more than the old system? As it stands now, if this system had been in place last volume? I would have gotten to maybe rank 7 if I was lucky.

But what gets me the most of all of this and really irks me is the complete lack of communication about all of this until we got a taste of what we were told was coming. We got a week of this being as told in the dev notes and dev stream, and it's only now that it's all getting walked back, and even the announcement post only getting edited after this thread went up? Why is this the case?

• Like 11

22 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

An update on the status of "Recoverable" Permanent Acts: 

EDIT 12/1/2023: The team is still tinkering and testing the change to make Permanent Acts "Recoverable," however, it will not be ready for the next rotation, as we're finding the change may require a Hotfix/Update. When the change does come, all previous weeks will be Recoverable and not lost to the Void, allowing you to make up the Standing while we were tinkering. We appreciate your patience while we sort through this!

Neither what we have today, nor what you guys are aiming to patch things to in the future are better than the old system.  The current system is a lot worse, and the one you look to move to is slightly worse (take a month off and you have 4 "complete 15 mission" bounties to look forward to).

The system you guys announced would have been an improvement, but barring getting that system in the game, going to the old design would simply be better than anything else.

Also, why was it announced as "addition" and then suddenly not?  Just bad internal communication on your part or last minute change without thought?  It would have been cool if the time spent on reworking the NW structure was spent making Snowball Showdown not terrible.

• Like 9

Spaghetti coding and terrible communication hits again.

What's particularly impressive this time, is the fact they succeeding in #*!%ing up a terribly unconsequential change. Like, nobody cares too much about Nightwave which is merely an inconvenience giving very negligible rewards. They announced they would increase the standing gains, which was received like "OK, cool I guess, thanks". And then they #*!%ed it up. "We never said that, hehehe [ninja post editing]". "Hoplala it's corrected now, we've properly replaced 3 random weeklies by 3 ones that'll forever be the same and won't be recoverable". "Woopsie heheheh they will be recoverable but we need to add Spaghetti in our Spaghetti code and ensure all Spaghetti are properly intertwined with each other, please wait for 15 months that we implement the fix, that will break 10 unrelated stuff, if you're even lucky to get this fix, it's very likely we just forget about it anyway".

Pathetic

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 8

A lot of others before me have mentioned it, but it would be great if those three permanent weekly acts were actually set aside from the existing weekly act spots; Not only for greater variety of things to do for Nightwave, but also so that you can get at least one rank's worth of standing per week as you catch up if you had to take a break from things for awhile.

It may start feeling very similar week after week of seeing the same three acts and only 1-2 new acts, or acts you just haven't gotten to do in a long time. But more significantly than that, what if the only acts you can recover happened to be locked ones, so they can't be done yet? I think it would be useful to have certain acts not show up for someone who hasn't gotten the means yet to do whichever act it is, maybe with a reroll option of some sort. Perhaps it can only be once per recovered-locked act, to be fair.

10 hours ago, KRATOS_GOD_OF_WAR said:

The permanent weekly called MISSION COMPLETE needs to display a counter

I've been thinking the same thing, especially considering how many that missions that is for one act.

Speaking of counters though, I think that the Antiquarian Elite Weekly act should instead have a small checklist (Similar to on-hover lists of items being greyed out in the Market or other vendors when you own them), instead of a #/4 counter; Mainly because it's not possible in the Nightwave screen to know which Relic eras you've already done if you needed to stop and come back to it.

Thanks for hearing me out on all that :)

• Like 3

I’m really convinced. If the official doesn’t make PVP mode, then don’t disgust players, okay?

If you don’t want to give players rewards, just don’t give them to them. Why are players so disgusting when designing this snowball throwing mode and the previous water gun mode?

I don’t understand why so many game officials (especially you, DE) try every means to make players uncomfortable. What’s the point?

21 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Apparently they bugged daily acts, instead of getting the expected three I only got one.

This season is starting on a really sour note. I don't understand why DE is so terrified of just making the Nightwave system fun for the players.

• The three permanent acts should be PERMANENT, as in once you complete one it just resets and you can keep going again. Obviously the payout would need to be reduced, getting 4,500 standing would be a little absurd considering how easy these are.
  • There needs to be a reroll feature added, that allows the player to trade one of their acts for something else. To do so, you'd expend a currency that can be obtained via non-Nightwave source(s), like buying them from the six core syndicates (just one example).

Quoting myself, because I only got one daily act today as well. Overall progression has been reduced by 66%, and that's completely unacceptable.

@[DE]Sam Can we get an official statement as to why Nightwave progression has been reduced by 66%?

Edited by Hexerin

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Quoting myself, because I only got one daily act today as well. Overall progression has been reduced by 66%, and that's completely unacceptable.

@[DE]Sam Can we get an official statement as to why Nightwave progression has been reduced by 66%?

What do you mean by only getting one act? Like one being given when the day ticks over, or one as a whole? Because only one daily act is given per daily reset, if that's the question; this situation doesn't affect that one, it's always been like that since at least the intermission before Glassmaker.

2 minutes ago, MagicalGirlMimi said:

What do you mean by only getting one act? Like one being given when the day ticks over, or one as a whole? Because only one daily act is given per daily reset, if that's the question; this situation doesn't affect that one, it's always been like that since at least the intermission before Glassmaker.

The entirety of Volume 4 I would get 3x daily acts per day. So dunno what you're on about.

Just now, Hexerin said:

The entirety of Volume 4 I would get 3x daily acts per day. So dunno what you're on about.

_That_ feels like a bug because I know for sure that I only got one act per day for the days I was playing Volume 4, and that matched up with what I've experienced in every other Nightwave since I started back in 2019...

• Like 8