Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else notice that Chipper hasn't had a red shard in weeks?

Hexerin

I feel like DE should change it so that Chipper always has the same shard as the current Archon Hunt, to prevent starvation of a given type.

Spoiler

While we're on the topic, Chipper really should also have a chance to stock tauforged (with pity just like the Archon Hunt)...

• Like 1

Now that you mention it… 

I only see blue and yellow, almost never red.

Chipper should also sell tauforged, maybe because DE loves timegates it can be a rotation.

Week 1. Crimson Shard

Week 2. Amber Shard

Week 3. Azure Shard

Week 4. Tauforged Crimson 

Week 8. Tauforged Amber

Week 12. Tauforged Azure
Basically after every shard rotation, a tauforged running the same rotation every 4 weeks. 
Because we all love timegates 

Edit: I swear it’s in a rotation though, doesn’t it come with Nira? 

Edited by Malikili
4 week rotation, not 3
  • Like 1

Strange... I may be dead wrong and missing something but for me they always appear in order, and as expected.

• Azure Shard when Boreal is around.
  • Crimson Shard when Nira appears.
  • Amber shard when Amar shows up (including this week).´´

So, in short, matching shards for Boreal and alternating shards for the other two archons. And since Crimson is the most needed one I'm sure I'd notice if Chipper did not bring one when I expected it (I.e. during Nira weeks).

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
Grammar
  • Like 7

Uh, no I haven't noticed that, since, isn't it in a rotation? 

Whenever its Boreal's week, I get a blue from Chipper, then this week, its Amar (Red), so should be yellow (from Chipper), and then next week Nira (Yellow) and a red available from Chipper. At least thats how its always been for me personally (and yes it is annoying that it goes blue/blue, to red/yellow and then yellow/red then blue/blue. 

So, (and maybe its just my own pattern?!?) next week should be red from Chipper. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dunkelheit said:

I wish that Kahl and Chipper die a peaceful death so that DE has to decide for other sources of that shard. I loved Kahl at the beginning, but now I only feel disgust when the week is over and I need to do the newest mission.

Especially when you get the stealth mission multiple weeks in a row, like what happened recently.

Missions and shards for Chipper only rotate when you do a Kahl mission, therefore if you do not play that week, just like with your veggies, they'll be waiting for you the next one.
And that is why you keep getting the same mission and shards! Because you don't do them.

For example, I have them desynced, I get yellow shards when Boreal is up, and next week, the other archon and the shard of the one that goes before at Chippie.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Missions and shards for Chipper only rotate when you do a Kahl mission, therefore if you do not play that week, just like with your veggies, they'll be waiting for you the next one.
And that is why you keep getting the same mission and shards! Because you don't do them.

For example, I have them desynced, I get yellow shards when Boreal is up, and next week, the other archon and the shard of the one that goes before at Chippie.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Holy hell dude.

19 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

I wish that Kahl and Chipper die a peaceful death so that DE has to decide for other sources of that shard. I loved Kahl at the beginning, but now I only feel disgust when the week is over and I need to do the newest mission.

WitW Update is knocking at the door.

• Like 2

hace 18 minutos, Hexerin dijo:

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Holy hell dude.

Extracted from the Warframe Wiki - after seriously contemplating that I could be wrong;

One out of three possible missions are available each week. They rotate in the order of Sneaky Sabotage → Junk Run → Prison Break, and must be completed to progress to the next mission on weekly reset. All missions are solo-only missions in which the player controls Kahl-175.

Could be wrong too about the shards though, but it is true that I have them desynchronized because of this.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Chipper's shards aren't on a rotation, it's random what shows up.

I don't believe it's random. I have an almost equal amount of every shard (slight variance due to Twitch Drops and the first weeks of ranking up the Garrison). I've also completed every Kahl mission to date, so that might be where the discrepancy lies.

What shows up in Chipper is desynced from the Hunt, because when Veilbreaker first launched, the reset was not synced with weekly reset. When they changed it, it reset the shard rotation iirc.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

I've taken a screenshot of every shard chipper sells (to make sure I actually got all of the stock in the Kahl mission) and Chipper has sold crimson shards every 3 weeks for months.

The real hero of this thread.

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Chipper's shards aren't on a rotation, it's random what shows up.

How certain are you?

Since this would be pretty easy to test, we can even each record what is available to us in this thread to keep a running tally and make observations and draw conclusions. 

Amar is the Archon you currently have right? What is Chipper offering in their store for you? Something other than Amber?

21 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

How certain are you?

Absolutely certain, based on simple observation.

My first few weeks with the archon system (months ago), the shards on offer from Chipper matched the Hunts. I made the natural assumption at that time that Chipper's offering was implemented as a catch up feature (since Archons were old content by then). Then he didn't match one week, which was when I realized he didn't just carry whatever you had from the Hunt that week (and was in fact random). I remember this clearly, because the fact that it's not a straight rotation opens the possibility of getting starvation cycles (like we're currently seeing, with the lack of crimson shards).

Since then, he has on many occasions had the same shard back-to-back, or not gone in a fixed rotation (eg amber -> crimson -> amber -> sappire, etc). The past four weeks is another example on the list, being amber -> amber -> sapphire -> amber (this week).

Additionally, you don't have to do the weekly mission for it to change. Again using the past four weeks, stealth-> stealth -> Thumper -> stealth.

Which now thinking about it, the mission type might match the shard type. Amber comes from Nira, who you fight in Corpus territory, same as the stealth mission. Whereas sapphire comes from Boreal, who you fight on Earth, same as the Thumper mission. I'll have to track it a bit more to see if this is the case, although it would make perfect sense.

Also, just to clarify, I haven't touched Kahl's missions in the past four weeks, specifically because I have an excess of both sapphire and amber. I need crimsons, and I don't see much point in suffering Break Narmer missions if I'm not getting anything out of them. Hence why I know "you have to do the mission for it to cycle" is simply false, and since I check Chipper every week in the hopes of a crimson, I know that the shards aren't on a strict rotation either.

Edited by Hexerin

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

Absolutely certain, based on simple observation.

My first few weeks with the archon system (months ago), the shards on offer from Chipper matched the Hunts. I made the natural assumption at that time that Chipper's offering was implemented as a catch up feature (since Archons were old content by then). Then he didn't match one week, which was when I realized he didn't just carry whatever you had from the Hunt that week (and was in fact random). I remember this clearly, because the fact that it's not a straight rotation opens the possibility of getting starvation cycles.

Since then, he has on many occasions had the same shard back-to-back, or not gone in a fixed rotation (eg amber -> crimson -> amber -> sappire, etc). The past four weeks is another example on the list, being amber -> amber -> sapphire -> amber (this week).

Additionally, you don't have to do the weekly mission for it to change. Again using the past four weeks, stealth-> stealth -> Thumper -> stealth.

Which now thinking about it, the mission type might match the shard type. Amber comes from Nira, who you fight in Corpus territory, same as the stealth mission. Whereas sapphire comes from Boreal, who you fight on Earth, same as the Thumper mission. I'll have to track it a bit more to see if this is the case, although it would make perfect sense.

Also, just to clarify, I haven't touched Kahl's missions in the past four weeks, specifically because I have an excess of both sapphire and amber. I need crimsons, and I don't see much point in suffering Break Narmer missions if I'm not getting anything out of them. Hence why I know "you have to do the mission for it to cycle" is simply false, and since I check Chipper every week in the hopes of a crimson, I know that the shards aren't on a strict rotation either.

Thats quite odd.

Last week should have been Azure/Sapphire. Well, Crimson should be next week, so next week just bump this thread with a screenshot if its not that for you. That will be the fastest way to demonstrate your point. Though, of course, not on its own, or you might not be satisfied with that prediction. If next week is Crimson for you, could still potentially be random, but then the week after that, just check and it should be Azure, and repeat until you are satisfied. 

I've pretty much done every Archon Hunt (but not every Kahl mission) and its been pretty consistent for me, but maybe because I have done it more consistently, makes it more consistent or something. Warframe can be funky.

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

I've taken a screenshot of every shard chipper sells (to make sure I actually got all of the stock in the Kahl mission) and Chipper has sold crimson shards every 3 weeks for months.

Counting the weeks it’ll take for a Tauforged to appear in his shop? 
Or just… randomly taking pictures of his depressing stock

• Like 1

2 часа назад, Hexerin сказал:

Especially when you get the stealth mission multiple weeks in a row, like what happened recently.

I see someone's been too lazy to extract properly. FYI Kahl's missions don't update if you don't complete the mission the right way at least once.

Seriously, why people think that pressing ESC and Aborting the mission can result in successful mission completion? Do you know any other mission (apart open worlds) that you can abort mid-action and successfully complete it this way?

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

I see someone's been too lazy to extract properly. FYI Kahl's missions don't update if you don't complete the mission the right way at least once.

Seriously, why people think that pressing ESC and Aborting the mission can result in successful mission completion? Do you know any other mission (apart open worlds) that you can abort mid-action and successfully complete it this way?

That's a whole lot of projection my dude. Keep it to yourself, nobody cares.