Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nuke Builds Are Ruining Gameplay Enjoyment

Zinxori-

Say you got yourself a shiny new Gotva Prime from the Twitch Prime rewards, and you were itching to try it out in a mission. You pull up a Exterminate Fissure mission on Public matchmaking, just to increase the chances of a good reward. However, inevitably, and as many of you witnessed I'm sure whether you've been playing for 5 days or 2 weeks, that IDIOTS with no consideration for the others in the squad, will bring some ridiculous "nuke build" to Exterminate mission and blast all the enemies to hell in like 2-3 casts, and the mission is over before you even aimed up your weapon.

To some this is probably fine, and I'll sound like a complainer, but at MR27 and playing since 2015, I've seen every decent "nuke build" from Mirage Simulor to stuff like Saryn 4th spam in the current age. In things like Defense missions where the time to finish can go up due to enemies being spread out everywhere, using a wide-range, powerful nuking setup is ABSOLUTELY VALID AND UNDERSTANDABLE. But in a simple Axi Exterminate mission??? C'mon let me just shoot my Gotva and leave happy. I know I cannot be the only player who feels this way, but I'm probably one of few who would actually make a whole forum post about it. I hope this reaches players and that it generates a healthy discussion on why Nuke Builds should be UNACCEPTABLE in a simple mission like an Exterminate. Have respect for your fellow Tenno and LET THEM PLAY THE GAME TOO, or you'll risk stepping on someone's toes, even if you don't know it, or didn't intend it that way.

• Like 16

A lot of people love having somebody who can melt fissures fast.  I'm not often one of them, but I can understand the sentiment rather than getting angry about it.

Am I a bigger idiot for recognizing that many players have very different goals than me, and if I want total control over my game experience, the solo button is right there? Or for still  trying to use a Javlok in public fissures?  Depends who you ask, I guess.  :/

Idiot or not, I'll suggest to you that you should remember that this is a framework that DE set up.  And perhaps you should address your concerns to them rather than lash out at the supposed rudeness of the playerbase for playing differently than you want them too in a public mission.

• Like 54

12 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

A lot of people love having somebody who can melt fissures fast.  I'm not often one of them, but I can understand the sentiment rather than getting angry about it.

Am I a bigger idiot for recognizing that many players have very different goals than me, and if I want total control over my game experience, the solo button is right there? Or for still  trying to use a Javlok in public fissures?  Depends who you ask, I guess.  :/

Idiot or not, I'll suggest to you that you should remember that this is a framework that DE set up.  And perhaps you should address your concerns to them rather than lash out at the supposed rudeness of the playerbase for playing differently than you want them too in a public mission.

I sorta expected someone to make the typical argument that "the solo button?" Or something along those lines, but is not creating a *commmunity post* the same thing as contacting DE directly? But even then, it's more of a topic for discussion rather than me "lashing out" as you so extremely put it. Your sentiment on the matter doesn't allow for even consideration to the main point I was making, and that many over time agree with, that Warframe is not fun when it's a "walking simulator" as someone else I posed this topic too accurately put it. To view this as "lashing out" is simply shortsighted, and as I said, I was hoping the topic would generate healthy discussion, as this a forum, after all, is it not?

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Zinxori- said:

Nuke Builds should be UNACCEPTABLE in a simple mission like an Exterminate

While nuke builds can definitely be a pain in the backside, they're great for fissures because they speed up the prime part farming process. You're still right, of course, although your complaint just doesn't apply to fissures.

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, Zinxori- said:

To view this as "lashing out" is simply shortsighted,

You may want to read over your OP again if you think it can't be viewed as lashing out.  If you genuinely want a "healthy discussion" rather than just to rant,  try not calling all the people playing to get through an Axi Exterminate fast "IDIOTS" and labeling their behavior "UNACCEPTABLE".  (In allcaps, of course.  The signature characteristic of somebody who craves healthy discussion, lol.)

This is a subject that's really hard to have a non-toxic dialog about on these forums even if it's presented in the best possible way.   You can still edit the OP and try to have a better go of it.  Or ask a mod to remove the thread and start over.  Or just stick with the proven formula for thoughtful dialog you've got going here.

• Like 40

You can't be serious.

After 9 years you really think that you're going to get the chance to use a new unranked unforma weapon in a pub fissure?

Fissures are for farming, no one is there have a friendly enjoyable co-op gaming experience, they are there to farm prime parts. Expecting anything else is unreasonable. By now you have to know pub fissures are going to be a speed run right 99% of the time?

I've been playing half as long as you and if I join any pub mission I expect to play follow the leader unless I load in first.

• Like 35

2 hours ago, Thorham said:

While nuke builds can definitely be a pain in the backside, they're great for fissures because they speed up the prime part farming process. You're still right, of course, although your complaint just doesn't apply to fissures.

Until you get a Sunder Titania fail the the Lith fissure becasue they kill everything so fast it doesnt have time to get corrupted and nobody gets enough reactant drops to open their relic.

• Like 14

19 hours ago, Zinxori- said:

ay you got yourself a shiny new Gotva Prime from the Twitch Prime rewards, and you were itching to try it out in a mission. You pull up a Exterminate Fissure mission on Public matchmaking, just to increase the chances of a good reward. However, inevitably, and as many of you witnessed I'm sure whether you've been playing for 5 days or 2 weeks, that IDIOTS with no consideration for the others in the squad, will bring some ridiculous "nuke build" to Exterminate mission and blast all the enemies to hell in like 2-3 casts, and the mission is over before you even aimed up your weapon.

I know you don't wanna read it, but it's true; this is partly your fault. if you've been around for any length of time, you'd know that public fissures are places that are full of people who aren't looking specifically for enjoyment, they are just looking to open their relics ASAP and nothing else. this is not only so that they can be efficient and crack open multiple relics more quickly, it's also because RNG is against us, and nobody wants to run longer fissures knowing they most likely aren't getting what they want; even when it's a radshare, the fastest mission type is always selected and you best believe there's gonna be nuke builds.

it is also partly down to players bringing nuke builds, but this behaviour isn't gonna change, unless the way we open relics changes, and that's a whole other kettle of fish. the main point here is that you consented to this, by deciding to jump into a public fissure for the extra chance at a reward. if you really just cared about trying out the Gotva Prime, you'd solo a mission instead. 

19 hours ago, Zinxori- said:

But in a simple Axi Exterminate mission??? C'mon let me just shoot my Gotva and leave happy.

don't make the mistake of expecting random people over the internet to conform to your desires, no matter how simple they may be: you will only ever be disappointed. again, if you really, REALLY just wanna play around with your shiny new toy, without interruptions or nuking, you'd run a quick mission by yourself, formulate your opinion on your new shiny - "it's great" or "it's kinda trash" - and then jump back into the public fray. that's just common sense to me. 

• Like 24

6 hours ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

Until you get a Sunder Titania fail the the Lith fissure becasue they kill everything so fast it doesnt have time to get corrupted and nobody gets enough reactant drops to open their relic.

Good point.

• Like 2

the way fissure rewards are set up currently incentivize speedrunning the damn thing lol. don't hate the players for speeding up the process. 

you can shoot your aeolak prime and be happy in other missions, for example the new bounties or netracells in the sanctum anatomica.

plenty of opportunities for you to do so. I can do it with my prisma gorgon/soma prime, so can you with your aeolak prime.

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 10

The point of cap/exterminate fissures is speed run when opening relics, idk what you're expecting these days, but it's not 2014 anymore.

If you have a problem with people in public lobbies playing a way you don't like, you can always play solo or make your own group instead of whining on the forums about players playing the way they want to.

• Like 14

Join a pub fissure and calling other players that try to farm quicker idiot/ playing for more than 7 years and still expect to relax and shoot something in pub mission, I don’t know which one is more ridiculous.

• Like 17

2024/1/20 AM1点38分 , Zinxori- 说:

You pull up a Exterminate Fissure mission on Public matchmaking, just to increase the chances of a good reward.

There. 

In fissure missions, everyone is looking for efficiency because "cracking relics" has higher priorities than "fun".

Different missions call for different builds and tactics. You chose the wrong missions to test your Gotva Prime. 

• Like 11

That's just enemy level range.

You know what few frames have that function at higher levels? AoE nukes. Besides DE already went on a multi-year rampage trying to kill ability AoE.
Most notable casualty of that aggro was Ember. Accelerant and Fireball Frenzy augment was her best value at higher levels. Now she has no value.

• Like 1

I feel ya, and am unsure if there’s any discussion to be had that isn’t players needing to be babysat against their will in order to play nice.

You may want to find like-minded players; I play with my partner and we do relic cracks with no real concern for efficiency and they can be pretty fun when we’re built for gameplay, but it requires a willingness to give each other that chance to play in the first place instead of hogging everything, which you’re going to be hard pressed to find amongst a bunch of randoms

Edited by Merkranire
  • Like 3

As many have said. Fissures are the absolute worst place to even think about bringing a single target weapon and getting some kills with it. You'd have better luck on say, Lua disruption to farm axi relics, Mirror defense to farm arcanes, any particular Bounty mission you might still need stuff from, any mission that's progressed by a timer.

Places where murdering things as fast as possible isn't the explicit goal of the mission type.

Nobody's going to cut their farm speed in half because a small percentage of players want to ride a go-cart in an F-1 race.

• Like 8

Am 19.1.2024 um 18:38 schrieb Zinxori-:

sdasd

So these embarrassing and lying fake "nuke" builds ruin everything that works............
Please inform us urgently which dmg is possible in Warframe and it is embarrassing and travels to misinform good players...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

So these embarrassing and lying fake "nuke" builds ruin everything that works............
Please inform us urgently which dmg is possible in Warframe and it is embarrassing and travels to misinform good players...

Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about

• Like 3

You may find that annoying, but I also find Wisp, Volt, Frost, Limbo and now Qorvex with his bricks obscuring my view just as annoying. And then there's every.single.time the one player that is so far up their own arse that they like to start breaking crates for 60 seconds while everyone else waits at extraction just so they can get 24 more credits. I find the nuke frames perfectly fine instead of those players.

I'd really like to see fissures with modifiers for no abilities. That might help curb some of the nuke builds, but then each mission might take 10 minutes, lol.

• Like 6

On 2024-01-19 at 11:38 AM, Zinxori- said:

*entitled hissy fit over other tenno not playing the way i want them to*

It would be one thing to say something like you wish there was more room for single target non aoe weapons like gotva to shine, but its another thing to call everyone who plays the "wrong" way, which happens to be the most efficient way, "idiots", while simultaneously claiming that youre the one being disrespected.

That would be kinda like cutting people off in traffic while flipping the bird out the window while simultaneously saying "god people are so rude these days". 

Im an idiot if i want to get the exterminate done as quickly as possible so i can open relics as quickly as possible to overcome RNG as quickly as possible.

But if you want the objective to take twice as long to complete and drag down my productivity l, im supposed to bow to your whim because hey, your opinion is just so much more important and heckin valid than mine, or anyone elses?

Heres some "discussion" for you, youre not the boss of me, youre not even my real dad.

• Like 11

On 2024-01-20 at 1:23 AM, Zinxori- said:

I sorta expected someone to make the typical argument that "the solo button?" Or something along those lines, but is not creating a *commmunity post* the same thing as contacting DE directly? But even then, it's more of a topic for discussion rather than me "lashing out" as you so extremely put it. Your sentiment on the matter doesn't allow for even consideration to the main point I was making, and that many over time agree with, that Warframe is not fun when it's a "walking simulator" as someone else I posed this topic too accurately put it. To view this as "lashing out" is simply shortsighted, and as I said, I was hoping the topic would generate healthy discussion, as this a forum, after all, is it not?

You are *absolutely* lashing out. My fries are salted to max capacity here pal. 

>calling people idiots 

>angry rant. 

>unnecessary caps

• Like 11

Warframe: It's Nuke Or Nothing™

It doesn't even need to be a Fissure, it's the same across the entire game. There's no reason to use anything else when the combat and enemies are so meaningless. It's not like DE's ever tried to make fighting Lancers fun; they've been perfectly content with the vast majority of their enemies being nothing but scenery to be walked past on the way to extraction. And when DE then gives players so many tools to trivialize their shallow gameplay, it shouldn't be surprising that many choose to take DE up on their offer and ignore the game in favor of increasing their rewards. It also shouldn't be a surprise that so many will defend not even getting to play the game anymore when they benefit so much from the game being as vapid as possible. Hence the typical suggestions: "go away", "go play by yourself", "you'll do nothing and be grateful for it", etc. This...

On 2024-01-19 at 10:38 AM, Zinxori- said:

Have respect for your fellow Tenno and LET THEM PLAY THE GAME TOO

... is unfortunately too much to ask.

• Like 6