Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sergeant

Sojufueled

His full name was Sergeant Nef Anyo, he was due for a boss battle rework, but they only did the asset touch up and separated Nef Anyo from the Sergeant boss fight to tackle that another day, which hasn't come yet. (Or ever imo)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

His full name was Sergeant Nef Anyo, he was due for a boss battle rework, but they only did the asset touch up and separated Nef Anyo from the Sergeant boss fight to tackle that another day, which hasn't come yet. (Or ever imo)

I like him the way he is.
Bullying him brings me joy

I'd prefer they update the boss fights that are pure agony to play like Tyl Regor.

Or make a new boss for sedna instead of the weird double feature.

2 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

I like him the way he is.
Bullying him brings me joy

I'd prefer they update the boss fights that are pure agony to play like Tyl Regor.

Or make a new boss for sedna instead of the weird double feature.

Eh, I think the Tyl Regor fight is alright in itself. The main negative association with it is having to run it so many times for the dizzying number of Equinox parts.

1 hour ago, Nira said:

Eh, I think the Tyl Regor fight is alright in itself. The main negative association with it is having to run it so many times for the dizzying number of Equinox parts.

Oddball take from me on that topic:

They should swap Hydroid and Equinox's drop locations, wouldn't Equinox make more sense on the only planet that actually has a day/night cycle and Hydroid on an aquatic planet?

...It is Hydroid that drops from whats-his-face on Earth right?

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

Tyl Regor isn't even a bad boss, he's just ridiculously buggy. Of particular note, his softlock (jumping out of the arena and never returning).

The absolute worst boss in the game is Vay Hek, by a margin so large that it makes the second worst boss (Lech Kril) seem perfectly designed by comparison. Absolutely atrocious to fight during his first two phases, then a complete joke that evaporates in a fraction of a nanosecond in his third phase. As far as I'm concerned, he's literally impossible to run without fielding Mag, as Magnetize is the only effective way to deal consistent damage to him.

6 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

Do navies have sergeants?

Setting aside it's a fictional space navy made of a cult that worships corporatocracy (and thus probably uses the term sergeant for marketability):

The US Navy does not have sergeant... But the US Marines do

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Oddball take from me on that topic:

They should swap Hydroid and Equinox's drop locations, wouldn't Equinox make more sense on the only planet that actually has a day/night cycle and Hydroid on an aquatic planet?

...It is Hydroid that drops from whats-his-face on Earth right?

Yeah, this was proposed like an awful number of times in the past. It would also alleviate a bit the pain of farming Equinox by going there during the proper cycle.

OT: Leave Sergeant alone! He's doing his best okay ?

Edited by Chewarette

8 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

Why is he a sergeant? Are the corpus organized in that way? I always assumed they had titles like chairman or manager. He's an officer on a naval vessel isn't he? Do navies have sergeants?

I suppose that the militarized parts of the corpus would still have a rank system, but this being the corpus, rather than a meritocracy, or promotion based on competence and time served, you could also buy your way to the top. I suppose he could be promoted to Captain, but Vor is/was a captain (formerly Admiral, his demotion came directly from the queens for letting us wake up instead of destroying us in cryo.), so there would be overlap.

I'd love him to get a rework though: I imagine him as an elite sniper, cloaking and moving between vantages and sniping Tenno from afar. could be a fight where parkour is essential to avoid getting shot.

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The absolute worst boss in the game is Vay Hek, by a margin so large that it makes the second worst boss (Lech Kril) seem perfectly designed by comparison. Absolutely atrocious to fight during his first two phases, then a complete joke that evaporates in a fraction of a nanosecond in his third phase. As far as I'm concerned, he's literally impossible to run without fielding Mag, as Magnetize is the only effective way to deal consistent damage to him.

you know you can skip the first phases right? if you literally just run through the map all the way to the final area, he will go with you, and eventually just appear in phase 3, no earlier fighting needed. I do this all the time now if I'm helping someone fight him, it's SO much quicker!

8 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

Why is he a sergeant? Are the corpus organized in that way? I always assumed they had titles like chairman or manager. He's an officer on a naval vessel isn't he? Do navies have sergeants?

He’s just a random crewmate that enjoys pissing off tenno by insulting their fashion frame, just to get his head stuck in a wall. 

5 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Setting aside it's a fictional space navy made of a cult that worships corporatocracy (and thus probably uses the term sergeant for marketability):

The US Navy does not have sergeant... But the US Marines do

Hmm, so he's a space marine.

1 minute ago, Sojufueled said:

Hmm, so he's a space marine.

It fully depends on the country.

Here in sweden the lower ranks are the same within Navy, Army, Amphibic and Air Force. Private, Private 1-4, Vice Corpral, Corpral, Sgt, 1st Sgt, Mst Sgt, Warrant Officer (Förvaltare), Regimental/Fleet Warrant Officer, 2nd Lt, Lt and Captain. After that they get more specific with Naval Captain for the navy while the other 3 have Major at that spot. Followed by Commanding Captain (Navy), Lt Colonel (the other 3), Commander (Navy), Colonel (the other 3), Commander Rank 1 or of the first degree (Navy), Colonel rank 1 or of the first degree (the other 3). Then you have various Admiral ranks for the Navy and Generals for the other 3 after that.

So The Sgt in WF can be either Navy or a Marine.

My personal dream rework is that his boss fight is a series of minibosses, similar to the Raptors.

Each one gets bigger and badder, and more difficult to beat (I mean like. Relatively. This is still Phobos), and all the while the Sergeant is blabbing about how badly he's gonna kick your ass.

Eventually you work your way up to him, he gets a big boss health bar at the top of the screen and an intimidating intro cutscene.

And then he's exactly the same as he is right now, and you can probably oneshot him, because he's the Sergeant.

13 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

he's a victim of being left behind while everything else in the game got updated

just to clarify, De did this on  purpose, they purposely avoided reworking him because the sergeant is both an icon of old times, and a meme.

31 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

just to clarify, De did this on  purpose, they purposely avoided reworking him because the sergeant is both an icon of old times, and a meme.

inb4 he gets reworked into a 4 stage boss fight that takes a minimum of 10 minutes to speedrun