Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The moving of archon shards from Chipper to some where else, feels out of character.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yep this. Made sure to check today when I ran Netracells and it ranged from 9-11 minutes all depending on how far I had to travel between PCs and Netramites during the mission. Might be a bit slower if someone has less gear options, but no more than 15 if you are geared acceptably. 

The only thing I can think of that would slow down a mission to 25 minutes is a braindead Saryn spreading spores waaaay out the cirlce, or he had some bad run ins with Dual Ichor users prior to the interaction with Influence got fixed. Since I #*!%ed myself over with that during a run aswell.

I rolled out of bed and ran them before nicotine and caffeine, fastest run 8:34 slowest 9:24. I do run speedva so that helps. Slowest runs that were 9m+ were extra eximus modifier and I can't speed them up so that makes sense. I could shave some time if I had run escape velocity but I just woke up and took the loadout I equipped when I logged in. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It’s not the difficulty and it never has been. It’s the tedium. There isn’t any meaningful variation, and our vast and diverse arsenals don’t come into play, so it gets stale very fast. 

Most enemies can be ignored. HP regenerates faster than most enemies can harm you. Before the QOL updates, the only challenge in the various “challenges” was getting lucky with the egg hunt spawns. Even the insta-fail stealth portions only require a small degree of memorization… less now that we have enemy radar. 

Archon shards are still the new hotness, and are about to be in greater demand than ever with the ability to combine them to form tauforged. I’m glad DE seems to be carefully considering what content they want to lock them behind.  They have to be careful not to burn people out on a particularly boring and vapid treadmill like Kahl.  Obviously we don’t know the exact cost in Cavia standing, so I’ll withhold judgment until we do. But I’m overjoyed that Kahl will now be a grind with an endpoint. And for those who truly enjoy him, they can play him for fun and profit by selling archon mods. 

Yeah it's not really any fun just playing as kahl over and over again that can get old pretty fast

• Like 1

On 2024-02-25 at 5:20 AM, alexander3449 said:

The moving of archon shards from Chipper to some where else, feels out of character, atleast for this "version" of DE. and it also feels like an additional push, to have all the thing players want, isolated in one place.

the reason i say this is out of character, is that this "version" of DE, has had a streak of going back to things and fixing them or brining them up to date, the incarnon genesis adapters, the Kahl QOL updates, the Hydroid rework, even now with the changes to fortuna. 

consider the already mentioned QOL changes to Kahl missions, this action of moving archon shards, the only weekly thing, from chippers shop, to somwhere else, seemingly in the most recently added hub, feels wrong. If DE doesnt add something as a replacement, then once you have 1-2 styanaxes and the archon mods, and the weapons, there won't be a reason to play Kahl missions. which just seems weird considering the recent QOL changes made to those missions. 

This, untop of the Netracells being able to drop archon shards, and Bird 3 selling the highest rank of focus lenzes, feels like all the interresting and good engame stuff, is being isolated in one place, all we need now is to have the galvenized and archon mods, aswell as incarnon evolutions being avaliable there aswell. which brings me to the isloating feeling.

as said very little of the current endgame stuff, isn't avaliable in the newest hub, this is in my mind, a problem. why does Bird 3 sell eidolon lv focus lenzes, yet the Quils/Onkko doesnt? why can the netracells drop archon shards? why can loid make every arcane, when 90-99% isn't something he would ever be intouch with? to make it clear, i dont want these things to go away, but i also want to point out how little sense it makes. it would make sense for the Quils on plains of Eidolon, to be able to sell/make Eidolon focus lenzes, yet they cant even make/sell you a basic one, while the Cavia is just here making them, with out ever having been near an eidolon. Why can netracells drop archon shards, when lore wise these are albrech's like storage lockers, (i know timetravele is an argument, but that is a weak one.) yet Chipper can only sell you one? 

In the end, my suggestion, to fix these problems, would not be to remove stuff from older areas of the game, like DE is currently saying they will do, but add to them and polis them instead, that is what they are doing with fortuna, why not other places, instead of removing the one insentive players have. 

so, suggestion. keep the shard at chipper and ad the new reward one aswell, give chipper the power to sell all the base 3 shards, but resrict purchase to one pr. week. thus if players want more shards, they will still have to go to the other sources. keep the focus lense at Bird 3, but add them + all the other tiers, to Onkko/the Quils as they are the ones with most direct knowlegde of the Tenno only second to Ordis and the Lotus.

Give the Kahl missions some love, as of now there is like what? 3 diffrent ones, 4 maybe 5? so add more missions, you can do take the current ones as a starting point, and the expande them in a diffrent dirrection. remove the "Khal go fast" sub-mission as it clashes with nearly every other sub-mission, keep the current changes with weapons found around the map and the loot and enemy radar. 

this is at least my thoughts, what are yours?  

I like these suggestions. I actually quite like kahl missions but they need more variety. 

And I hate feeling like whenever I max out a syndicate, there's never any reason to go back now. 

Maybe make kahl have more archon shards available per week to be equal or close to netracels so it's still worth it to play him. 

• Like 3

On 2024-03-11 at 4:42 PM, SneakyErvin said:

only thing I can think of that would slow down a mission to 25 minutes is a braindead Saryn spreading spores waaaay out the cirlce,

This is why. If i see a saryn in netracells. I leave and re-enter on sight. I consider saryn to be the highest level of troll frame in netracells after volts and wisps who LOVE their blue little buddies. And ppl who play her there as trolls 100% of the time. 

*shivers* 

And then you most likely get rewarded with a normal arcane to boot if you stay...

On 2024-03-11 at 3:32 PM, Berzerkules said:

I rolled out of bed and ran them before nicotine and caffeine, fastest run 8:34 slowest 9:24. I do run speedva so that helps. Slowest runs that were 9m+ were extra eximus modifier and I can't speed them up so that makes sense. I could shave some time if I had run escape velocity but I just woke up and took the loadout I equipped when I logged in. 

I tried nova, but does she effect overguard?  I noticed Citrine 4 was mostly useless unless I ran xaku buff on her to strip overguard, which is harder to do with speedva.  The fastest I can do is 6:10-6:20 to from loading in to netracell unlock, so I guess sub 7 for the full run.  Of course many runs are much slower where I mess up parkour and have bad circle placement and just spawns standing around.

I hope the harder missions aren't just about the legendary arcanes because I'll rarely use those and am fine getting them slowly.

6 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

This is why. If i see a saryn in netracells. I leave and re-enter on sight. I consider saryn to be the highest level of troll frame in netracells after volts and wisps who LOVE their blue little buddies. And ppl who play her there as trolls 100% of the time. 

*shivers* 

And then you most likely get rewarded with a normal arcane to boot if you stay...

Yep, most people just dont think ahead. It's why I've gone over to playing most things solo for a few years now. I have no problem with people killing fast etc. but I have a problem with people killing fast or CCing when it doesnt help the objective.

5 hours ago, Lord_Drod said:

I hope the harder missions aren't just about the legendary arcanes because I'll rarely use those and am fine getting them slowly.

It's for more chances at shards aswell. Trade 2 cell runs for 5 rewards total, where you get 4 chances at shards and one guaranteed lego arcane by the looks of it. I just wonder if we can trade 4 cell runs for 10 rewards (11 total) per week or if it is limited to 2 traded for 8 rewards total (5 from the trade and 3 from netracell runs).

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

but I have a problem with people killing fast or CCing when it doesnt help the objective.

Exactly. Keeping mobs out of the objective zone is something alot of tenno are -annoyingly- good at. 

*edit. Became thats whatcother missions WANT. Here its the oppositr which alot dont catch on too i think.

*lets dance on the -very edge- of the red circle.* 10-20 min mission with 4 ppl.

Vs solo. 

Stand in the middle. 8-9 min standard.

I like playing with other tenno. I like being paired with lower mr tenno and help them through the netracells. 

But.. as soon as i see a Saryn... 

Nope.nope.godzilla.meme/gif

Wisps aint helping either with shockmotes or big multimote. 

Heavens forbid slowas.

Stand in the smack middle.

Edited by -ShadowRadiance-
Added text
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It's for more chances at shards aswell. Trade 2 cell runs for 5 rewards total, where you get 4 chances at shards and one guaranteed lego arcane by the looks of it. I just wonder if we can trade 4 cell runs for 10 rewards (11 total) per week or if it is limited to 2 traded for 8 rewards total (5 from the trade and 3 from netracell runs).

I thought we could trade 3 cell runs.. Are we still just killing in the circle though lol except w selective gear so it takes a while?

14 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

*shivers* 

Also, Nekros can summon his shadows at the edge of the circle to prevent enemies from entering it. Huge troll

On 2024-03-11 at 1:20 AM, Berzerkules said:

There is no way it takes you 25 minutes to pug a netracell run if you're one shotting lvl 300 enemies. It's like 10 min tops solo, 15 in pubs if someone is killing outside of the circle. 

Naw. The last few I did were disasters with me doing all the work, basically trying to kill stuff while the squad inadvertently made killing crap within the circle as humanly hard as possible.

Now I've even cut public games down to 10-15 if I use my OP Necramech and just Nuke the map before the squad can spread out the spawns too much.

Starting to just treat Netracells as my weekly 5 Necramech missions now.

16 hours ago, Lord_Drod said:

I thought we could trade 3 cell runs.. Are we still just killing in the circle though lol except w selective gear so it takes a while?

2 runs sacrificed per new Deep run. It's a sortie/archon setup with 3 connected missions but you need to run all 3 back-to-back with the same loadout. So with the Dante update that could be any combination of Alchemy, Mirror Def, Exterminate, Survival, Assassination and Disruption since it seems to be Lab activities only.

• Like 1

On 2024-02-24 at 11:20 AM, alexander3449 said:

consider the already mentioned QOL changes to Kahl missions, this action of moving archon shards, the only weekly thing, from chippers shop, to somwhere else, seemingly in the most recently added hub, feels wrong. If DE doesnt add something as a replacement, then once you have 1-2 styanaxes and the archon mods, and the weapons, there won't be a reason to play Kahl missions. which just seems weird considering the recent QOL changes made to those missions.

Even with the OOL changes, Veilbreaker is just bad. It's bad content to have as a semi-compulsory weekly thing.

If they're not willing go back and significantly improve those missions, then it makes perfect sense to me to limit the value of running it for non-tradable items. People who enjoy Veilbreaker can continue to run it to obtain Archon mods to trade. Everybody else gets to skip the half-baked content they don't like (after running it x times for the non-tradable things they want), without the burden of FOMO.

Edited by Tukka
  • Like 7

On 2024-03-14 at 7:22 AM, SneakyErvin said:

2 runs sacrificed per new Deep run. It's a sortie/archon setup with 3 connected missions but you need to run all 3 back-to-back with the same loadout. So with the Dante update that could be any combination of Alchemy, Mirror Def, Exterminate, Survival, Assassination and Disruption since it seems to be Lab activities only.

I wonder if disruption will be tough with limited choices.  At least the mechs are slow.  I'd love for it to be spread out and use the full tile, but I'm sure they won't do that.

Assassination might be annoying solo with restrictions, but really only the first phase of the boss.  I earned my hands solo with no hp and just shield gate frame, but it was a challenge.  I'm sure it won't be as bad in these missions.

Survival, mirror, and alchemy will be easy, but slow.

I personally think netracells are worse to play than defection.  Defection even has a better atmosphere.  They both have annoying mechanics outside of your control impacting efficiency.

10 hours ago, Lord_Drod said:

I wonder if disruption will be tough with limited choices.  At least the mechs are slow.  I'd love for it to be spread out and use the full tile, but I'm sure they won't do that.

Assassination might be annoying solo with restrictions, but really only the first phase of the boss.  I earned my hands solo with no hp and just shield gate frame, but it was a challenge.  I'm sure it won't be as bad in these missions.

Survival, mirror, and alchemy will be easy, but slow.

I personally think netracells are worse to play than defection.  Defection even has a better atmosphere.  They both have annoying mechanics outside of your control impacting efficiency.

Not sure. Will have to check and see what all the modifiers provide and so on, and how much slack we have with choices. Chances are that disruption and assassination will be tougher with our limited choices. We dont even know yet what the demolishers will be in the labs.

I kinda wish they didnt include assassination since the boss is just so #*!%ing boring.

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not sure. Will have to check and see what all the modifiers provide and so on, and how much slack we have with choices. Chances are that disruption and assassination will be tougher with our limited choices. We dont even know yet what the demolishers will be in the labs.

I kinda wish they didnt include assassination since the boss is just so #*!%ing boring.

A friend told me the necramechs are the demos.  I missed it in the devstream so don't quote me on that.  At least since it's not SP the damage attenuation won't be as bad.  Survival, alchemy, and mirror rival the boss in overall dullness haha.

16 hours ago, Lord_Drod said:

A friend told me the necramechs are the demos.  I missed it in the devstream so don't quote me on that.  At least since it's not SP the damage attenuation won't be as bad.  Survival, alchemy, and mirror rival the boss in overall dullness haha.

I just hope DE fixes the "no damage dealt" bug that has started to occur since the Whispers update. Sucks when it happens in missions like Disruption where you need to kill a specific target preferably with direct single target damage. Had the no damage bug occur today in my first Netracell run, maaaaan it was slow to complete. Luckily I had acceltra prime with me so I could shoot at feet and walls to deal some splash damage, also had to frog around like a maniac with my melee to slam/heavy slam things to death.

So if it will be Necramech demos, even more need for them to fix the bug so we can rely on our weapons to pop weakpoints or whatver else might be needed for a quicker kill.

• Like 1

I would rather do a 15 minute khal mission for my shard than grind presumably days of bounties to get enough cavia standing to buy one, because you know they're going to be expensive.

Plus it made more sense for Chipper and Khal to have shards given they're actively raiding narmer for supplies, instead of Loid just having a huge stock of sentient doodads laying around the sanctum to give out like Halloween candy to all the Tenno that come knocking.

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

instead of Loid just having a huge stock of sentient doodads laying around the sanctum to give out like Halloween candy to all the Tenno that come knocking.

What's funny is...

Lore wise it makes no sense for Loid/Albrecht to have Archon Shards as the Shards are a byproduct created by the sentients during The New War. 

They were created to resurrect the Archons of Tau so they could lead/command in The Origin system.

Now they empower the Archons and allow them to resurrect should they ever be defeated. (Hence why we must remove the shard quickly.)

So for Albrecht's ancient as time Vaults to have them makes absolutely no sense Lore Wise. 

Before someone say time travel...

Albrecht was searching for a safe time to flee the MitW to. 1999 seemed to be the safest timeline. That said, he was never looting and living in Future timelines for any prolonged period of time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I would rather do a 15 minute khal mission for my shard than grind presumably days of bounties to get enough cavia standing to buy one, because you know they're going to be expensive.

Plus it made more sense for Chipper and Khal to have shards given they're actively raiding narmer for supplies, instead of Loid just having a huge stock of sentient doodads laying around the sanctum to give out like Halloween candy to all the Tenno that come knocking.

Just remember that you can effectively farm up standing for weeks of shards with Cavia, while Kahl only grants a couple of excess credits per week (if you force yourself to do all side objectives).

As to the lore. It makes as much sense or more for Loid to have them, since they arent sentient tech, just tech from somewhere that is also used by the sentient to make their own "frames". And considering the wording on them, it wouldnt be impossible that these were used in the creation process of frames in order to draw out specific attributes by applying them in some form to narrow how the Helminth changes a subject. Which would also explain why they can further strengthen or specialize a frame when used in a more pristine state.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

As to the lore. It makes as much sense or more for Loid to have them, since they arent sentient tech, just tech from somewhere that is also used by the sentient to make their own "frames".

This is straight up cap.

The lore literally states that Sentients, specifically Erra developed them to sustain and empower the Archons.

Let me explain what you are up against, 'friend'. You see the Archons were made by my son, Erra. Hybrid abominations of the Old War... raised from the blighted battlefields where Sentient and Warframe fell. - Hunhow

And... I forgot who said it but the Shards are:

Sentient cores that take the form of shards embedded in their necks.

May have been a dev and not in game. 

But bottom line...

There is no reason why Albrecht's Vaults/Loid would have Homegrown Sentient developed tech that was developed AFTER the old War.

Edited by Aerikx
Erra autocorrects to errands....there's irony in that somewhere...
  • Like 1

On 2024-03-19 at 7:36 PM, Aerikx said:

But bottom line...

There is no reason why Albrecht's Vaults/Loid would have Homegrown Sentient developed tech that was developed AFTER the old War.

There might not be a lore reason (or there might, I really am not that invested in the story for this game), but there are certainly gameplay reasons.  So I won't argue that the decision to move the shards is completely lore-friendly, but I also don't really care.  The shards are the new hotness.  The shards are the rewards I want.  And next week they will no longer be locked behind content that I find reprehensible.  I'm elated.

It's a deeply unpopular game mode.  Furthermore, it's not making DE any money.  There's no built-in advertisement from other players as it is purely a single player mission.  There's no incentive to buy cosmetics because it's just Kahl, not our arsenals.  This results in less resources for DE to make improvements to the game.  Furthermore, I've seen reports of his jetpack just not working on iOS.  Why would DE keep shoving players towards an unpopular game mode that it doesn't seem interested in maintaining or patching?

It's fine if you like Kahl and his shallow monotony, but based on DE's decision to remove Kahl's most valuable reward, I don't think you're in the majority.  And demanding that Kahl keep his endless grind so that others must endure the tedium you so enjoy is arguably more selfish and self-centered than I am being.

If Kahl were fantastically popular and worth maintaining, he'd be getting more content, not less. 💅💅

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Aerikx said:

This is straight up cap.

The lore literally states that Sentients, specifically Erra developed them to sustain and empower the Archons.

Not even the quote you provided states that. It talks of the Archons, that is it, not the shards themselves. We all know the Archons were created by Erra, hence why I said "their own "frames"". The shard itself can come from anywhere. All we know is it provides anti-entropic radiation, which would assume it removes some form of random occurance that is part of the creation. Which can mean it circumvents the need for the void, operator or a living host, which allows an artifical being such as a sentient to merge with the Warframe part of the hybrid.

18 hours ago, Aerikx said:

May have been a dev and not in game. 

But bottom line...

Do you even read the quotes you provide before you decide to add them. From the Hunhow quote...

Hybrid abominations of the Old War... raised from the blighted battlefields where Sentient and Warframe fell.

He literally states they were around even back then. So it is not something created later, it is something they gained access to back then, thousands of years ago. So even if they are made by the senteint back then, anyone can have practically scavenged it and stockpiled it. We could likely find it anywhere and the most probable would likely have been among Corpus and Grineer that both scavenge and make use of relics of the Old War. And it is as likely that someone like Albrecht that is interested in making more experiments with Warframe-like creations would stockpile these. Both for his 1999 "frame" experiments and potentially the vessels, if not even for the critters tossed into the void.

Not only that, but they are also anti-entropic as claimed, which means they could likely be used against the void.

• Like 1

I don't do khal missions. Because? first because I don't want them and second because I don't need them.... If you want DE change something, the direct way to achieve it is by abandoning that something.

For me would settle for the fact that the game mode can be done in squad, but they would have to change a lot of the structure of how the veil breaker works. Soooo i don't think that happen at least for now. 

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
  • Like 2