Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crowdsourcing a Warframe Tierlist - Community Survey (+ Giveaway)

Hiho everybody!

Last Baro, I shared a survey to create a crowdsourced Warframe Tierlist. Hope you like the results visuals for it!

Results

Spoiler

psSsXTi.jpeg

Imgur | Google Sheet

DISCLAIMER: These surveys are a hobby project. Questions are not indicative of projects DE is currently working on or planning to work on.

Stuff

Past Surveys | Discord | Purzzle Twitter | Google Group

Cheers!

Edited by Prisma-Drakgoon
Updated with Results
  • Like 8

I'd like to contribute, but sadly I'm 90% sure my data would muddy the waters a bit much, I started filling things out and the amount of "Unsure"s I was clicking made me realize I have no idea about most frames whatsoever.

But it's always nice to see a survey again.

Edited by Aldain

This was a tough one for me to answer. I kept fighting between my opinion versus my combat effectiveness versus my "osmosis opinion" from what stronger players have shown me the warframes are capable of. It will be interesting trying to imagine what ratings are a result of popular opinion rather than actual combat effectiveness.

I wonder how long it'll be before people come in here complaining/coping about Loki being believed by many to be a lower tier and madly ranting about how good Safeguard Switch is despite other frames being able to be similarly durable without needing to spam a clunky ability every 6 to 9 seconds...

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I wonder how long it'll be before people come in here complaining/coping about Loki being believed by many to be a lower tier and madly ranting about how good Safeguard Switch is despite other frames being able to be similarly durable without needing to spam a clunky ability every 6 to 9 seconds...

I'm right here. You don't have to yell.

• Like 2

Joking Aside it lasts 18s usually.
Just like they ruined Decoy they wanted Loki dead.

If they want Loki to be good without changing his identity. Just undo the nerfs.

Poor Wukong looking up at Rev. "I used to be just like you."

Edited by Xzorn

11 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I'm right here. You don't have to yell.

Sorry, I mean no offense by that for the record; but in all seriousness nerfs or not, I still think Loki is not in the best spot and needs more than just nerf removal to be more unique, especially when taking into considering things like DE adding enemies that can't be disarmed (afaik) like the Murmur being introduced. I also still think they should put Switch Teleport as a hold cast on Decoy (and the augment as well) and give him a real 3rd ability...literally anything would be an improvement imo.

...Though I agree Decoy not being literally worthless past E Prime would be a great start, seriously even before enemy damage started to scale out of control how did they think it being made of paper was a good thing?

Also a passive that isn't part of the top 3 "Wait they have a passive?" Club alongside Rhino and Frost.

Edited by Aldain

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Sorry, I mean no offense by that for the record; but in all seriousness nerfs or not, I still think Loki is not in the best spot and needs more than just nerf removal to be more unique, especially when taking into considering things like DE adding enemies that can't be disarmed (afaik) like the Murmur being introduced. I also still think they should put Switch Teleport as a hold cast on Decoy (and the augment as well) and give him a real 3rd ability...literally anything would be an improvement imo.

...Though I agree Decoy not being literally worthless past E Prime would be a great start, seriously even before enemy damage started to scale out of control how did they think it being made of paper was a good thing?

Also a passive that isn't part of the top 3 "Wait they have a passive?" Club alongside Rhino and Frost.

Oh, I'm totally clowning around. I haven't played Loki since I came back.

Nyx was my most played and she's in the same boat for the most part. Both made for a different game at this point.
Both Saryn's Molt and Loki's Decoy were amazing skills. Saryn could cast multiple molts while Decoy was duration based. They both had massive aggro radius.

I'm more annoyed they literally made an augment for Loki that just half reverts the nerf they did to it instead of, fixing it.
Giving it back it's aggro range with 4s of invulnerability added to it's HP like Iron Skin or Snow Globe would have been fine.

Switch Teleport was either exploited or just a meme. Rarely useful in Spy. That's about it. DE wasn't so great at map boundaries back in the day.

Spoiler

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Oh, I'm totally clowning around. I haven't played Loki since I came back.

Nyx was my most played and she's in the same boat for the most part. Both made for a different game at this point.
Both Saryn's Molt and Loki's Decoy were amazing skills. Saryn could cast multiple molts while Decoy was duration based. They both had massive aggro radius.

I'm more annoyed they literally made an augment for Loki that just half reverts the nerf they did to it instead of, fixing it.
Giving it back it's aggro range with 4s of invulnerability added to it's HP like Iron Skin or Snow Globe would have been fine.

Switch Teleport was either exploited or just a meme. Rarely useful in Spy. That's about it. DE wasn't so great at map boundaries back in the day.

Reveal hidden contents

You have my complete sympathy in regards to Nyx by the way, honestly I'm kind of surprised the managed to hit C tier in the survey considering, like you said, she's playing chess while the rest of the game is playing checkers...or backgammon...or whatever the current state of affairs is I'm honestly not sure.

I'm just a brainless Umbra player who beats content by attrition more or less after all, that's why I didn't actually fill out the survey since I honestly don't know what is good or not, only what feels off or out of place (I finally crafted a Loki Prime lately and I've only used him like...6 times outside of getting him to 30 on Helene).

I disagree with Vauban. He is tier A or even S.

Combine him with an Huras Kubrow for perma-invisible and you dont need to shoot at all. Bastille does full armor strip including all bosses and eximus with overguard active, Vortex brings them together and Flechette does the killing.

Replace his 1st with Gara’s ability. Everything dies no matter the enemy level. And infinite energy. 

I think people just dont know how to play with Vauban. 

Edited by Kronxito
  • Like 2

Mostly surprised with Gauss hype in S. Beating Rhino and Nova? C'mon guys.
Also surprised Ivara wasn't at the bottom. I like her but she's not built for this game.

Not surprised on Chroma with what I read on these forums. Even with two abilities he still crushes the game which is funny to me.

• Like 1

The list just looks like a popularity contest with very little thought on how they actually perform in the game. The S tier is completely whack and looks like the hype train rolled in at the station. All those frames in S tier will face areas in the game where their kit is pracically useless, yet they end up in S while Rhino only makes it to A. A frame that can actually do all content in the game really well thanks to the design of his kit.

Voruna in A but Atlas in C, when both practically do the same thing equally good. Nekros, Gyre, Nezha, Hildryn and Harrow in A, but Frost, Vauban, Yareli and Ember in B?

Also, Rev in S. Yes lets place a frame in S tier simply due to it not being able to take damage. :facepalm: