The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you be interested in an expansion to the current Intrinsic systems in Warframe?

Zahnrad

This is something I've been thinking about in Duviri, but it could also apply to Railjack, or even new Intrinsic systems being implemented to other parts of Warframe.

If an expansion to the current systems, (e.g. more levels to Duviri and Railjack) or whole new Intrinsic systems being implemented to Warframe across the board, is that of any interest to you?

For me I've been thinking about how nice it'd be if could either

1. Get to choose a single Decree from the entire library when entering any of the three Duviri gamemodes.

2. Have a chance of obtaining an extra Decree whenever we obtain a Decree

3. Get something of a Bonus for the first 5ish Decrees where we always obtain a second Decree

Basically just a bit more support for early Duviri to help us jumpstart our runs a bit faster.

I'd personally like #1 the most though. Even if you get a bad equipment rollout, you could try to mitigate it earlier to make it more viable.

Though I suspect some decrees might need to be restricted, for example "The target becomes 10% more vulnerable to damage with each shot." would probably be the most meta decree chosen.

But I would like the option to reinforce a certain loadout if you're hoping to test out a certain build in the Undercroft or etc.

At the very least, I'd like some sort of "Sink" for Intrinsic experience, since the thrill of gaining Intrinsic experience is completely gone once you max them out.

• Like 1

Honestly now that I'm like one Incarnon Adapter away from having everything in Duviri farmed out (I slotted even on the non-prime variants) I kinda wanna just forget Duviri exists entirely.

Edited by sly_squash
  • Like 9

48 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Would you be interested in an expansion to the current Intrinsic systems in Warframe?

No... I dont want anything to forces me back to Duviri or Railjack. Its bad enough to have Nightwave missions with those.

• Like 6

Nah, I'm good.

Don't mind the systems as they are, but they don't need more padding imo (if anything the content related to them needs more purpose, especially Railjack).

• Like 3

I like both Railjack and Duviri, but I don't think more should be added to Intrinsics.  Intrinsics are fine, but it's one of those systems where the end goal is for every player to have the exact same stuff.  And considering how much Warframe is about customization and personalization, I've got no interest in more systems like that.

If anything were added to these systems, I would want it to be more akin to modding where you're choosing the specific blend of upgrades that works for your needs.

I will agree that Duviri could use a post-Intrinsics Intrinsic dump, though!  Earning Intrinsics was such a rush, until suddenly it meant nothing at all.  Let me pay a million Intrinsics to get some Pathos Clamps or something.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

I will agree that Duviri could use a post-Intrinsics Intrinsic dump, though!  Earning Intrinsics was such a rush, until suddenly it meant nothing at all.  Let me pay a million Intrinsics to get some Pathos Clamps or something.

Same, there was something about Intrinsics that gave a dopemine hit that is just..."gone" now.

• Like 1

Railjack and Duviri's intrinsics are fine (except for maybe needing a dump, and the Gunner rank 10).

You could make an argument for maybe addressing some of the game's many, many balance concerns with Intrinsics, but that's a whole different cauldron of debate.

2 hours ago, Zahnny said:

1. Get to choose a single Decree from the entire library when entering any of the three Duviri gamemodes.

And I will be like "give me free energy, *high five Grendel*"

25 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

If anything were added to these systems, I would want it to be more akin to modding where you're choosing the specific blend of upgrades that works for your needs.

+1

2 hours ago, sly_squash said:

Honestly now that I'm like one Incarnon Adapter away from having everything in Duviri farmed out (I slotted even on the non-prime variants) I kinda wanna just forget Duviri exists entirely.

Waiting for that one Furis Adapter, and I agree. lol

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Nah, I'm good.

Don't mind the systems as they are, but they don't need more padding imo (if anything the content related to them needs more purpose, especially Railjack).

I agree with this. There needs to be more reason to go to these missions. I really like rail jack survival void storms for example. Cause you start with railjack and enter into the mission and then when you extract, you simply go back to your ship and head to the next thing. I love the flow of that. 

If railjack was built in as the default way to travel between missions, I think that could be really awesome. 

• Like 1

meh, not really. I've never felt like decrees were truly essential, but then I have a lot of gear I've invested in, so it's hard for me to feel underpowered unless I nerf myself deliberatley. plus part of the enjoyment was the randomness of decrees, subverting that wouldn't be as fun as leaving it to chance IMO.

5 hours ago, Zahnny said:

At the very least, I'd like some sort of "Sink" for Intrinsic experience, since the thrill of gaining Intrinsic experience is completely gone once you max them out.

if a sink is all you want, they could just go the route they did with focus schools and add a cosmetic shop, selling duviri themed items for intrinsics. it'd be simpler than what you're asking for anyway.

• Like 1

I just don't think the surrounding content to Intrinsics has enough to offer to make an expansion of the Intrinsics Systems interesting.

Decrees do not really end up creating builds, either you are in too short, like just doing a quick spiral run to get Pathos Clamps or you're in too long, like an extended Circuit run to get your weekly rewards in 1-2 Circuit runs, and you're just being flooded well beyond what is really useful. They also tend to be so powerful that you end up outscaling anything you fight rather quickly, especially because your damage goes up for just collecting decrees aswell.

Giving more control over Decrees to counteract weak loadouts just emphasizes how bad rng loadouts are and before we slap some more band-aids on that to make it look like a slightly less horrible system I'd rather see some reiteration on the rng loadout selection directly.

Edited by Raikh

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

Waiting for that one Furis Adapter, and I agree. lol

You will love it when you get it, I was using the Furis before it became popular and now with the Incarnon Adapter, it melts through any content more easily.

I know it will drop in power as Riven Dispositions gets lowered from RD-5 because of its popular use I'll lose my 140.4 CC 7.1 CM. :sad:

8 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

You will love it when you get it, I was using the Furis before it became popular and now with the Incarnon Adapter, it melts through any content more easily.

The unmatched power of the sun!

Plus, it makes a good weapon for Rescue targets with the Augment

2 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

The unmatched power of the sun!

Plus, it makes a good weapon for Rescue targets with the Augment

I have the augment on it, very handy for healing and breaking containers. lol

Edit: It was the original reason I pimped it up to use it and be able to give it to the Rescue target, not sure if it still works for Rescue target though.

Edited by Slayer-.

Intrinsics just works for their particular game mode. Just added bonus for playing the game mode. We're already strong with the current trees. Any more power and it'll be like normal starchart. Wipe the map with one button.

25 minutes ago, ominumi said:

Intrinsics just works for their particular game mode. Just added bonus for playing the game mode. We're already strong with the current trees. Any more power and it'll be like normal starchart. Wipe the map with one button.

Yeah, I couldn't imagine Decrees in normal Warframe with the frames weapons we use now, it would be so strong it would be laughable.

I agree keep them where they are, very suited to that game mode with random picks we get.

On 2024-03-12 at 4:12 PM, Arniox said:

If railjack was built in as the default way to travel between missions, I think that could be really awesome. 

That's what they said the idea was when railjack was revealed back in 2018, then reinforced said idea with the Liches/squad link presentation in 2019.

Still waiting on that broken promise. Railjack has a heap of those they still need to get to.

Edited by SirZorba
  • Like 2

On 2024-03-12 at 12:42 PM, Zahnny said:

This is something I've been thinking about in Duviri, but it could also apply to Railjack, or even new Intrinsic systems being implemented to other parts of Warframe.

If an expansion to the current systems, (e.g. more levels to Duviri and Railjack) or whole new Intrinsic systems being implemented to Warframe across the board, is that of any interest to you?

For me I've been thinking about how nice it'd be if could either

3. Get something of a Bonus for the first 5ish Decrees where we always obtain a second Decree

Basically just a bit more support for early Duviri to help us jumpstart our runs a bit faster.

I'd personally like #1 the most though. Even if you get a bad equipment rollout, you could try to mitigate it earlier to make it more viable.

Though I suspect some decrees might need to be restricted, for example "The target becomes 10% more vulnerable to damage with each shot." would probably be the most meta decree chosen.

But I would like the option to reinforce a certain loadout if you're hoping to test out a certain build in the Undercroft or etc.

I wouldn't mind a new intrinsic category (utility only) but I would rather reduce decrees instead of gaining more. In fact, I would love a "no decree" mission because I actually enjoyed SP Duviri without using decrees and by only selecting the first decree. It just felt better to me, having to master a near no damage defense system and relying more on headshots to get by. It was a fun break from being superman in Duviri. 😂

For Railjack, I just want more missions and the next chapter involved. An 11th intrinsic would be nice but I'd rather stretch the legs of my monster of a ship and chase down enemy fighters with my friends or my crazy NPC crew. 

• Like 1

On 2024-03-12 at 2:42 PM, Zahnny said:

Honestly...

Duviri is fine as is Intrinsic wise.

Duviri was intended to be a Rogue-Lite mode. Therefore it ISN'T supposed to be easy/forgiving nor convenient.

The one part of the Duviri update that ticked me off was DE trying to make it a new Starting point. 

Beyond the astronomical logic fail that was...it meant they had heavily toned down Duviri so new players won't be fodder. (This is why Steel Path Duviri seems to feel better/come across as "The True Duviri Experience")

That said. I think intrinsics are fine. If the mode deals players a bad hand, it just does. That's a Rogue-Lite. 

This is a hot take but I'm honestly upset that they plan to remove the penalty for The Circuit. 

Like...I get it. Bugs and stuff happen, players lose progress, and some are afraid to try some stages (Defense). But that's Rogue-Lite gameplay. You take a risk and if you fail, you lose it all.

But.......

That's a Rogue-Lite. And the community begged for years upon years for a mode like Duviri. (As usual the Community asks for crap it doesn't actually want)

In Duviri, enemies mattered, proper decree selection is vital, knowing when to run/call it/fold your cards is vital, and dying/failure actually matters and has impact. 

Imagine Elden Ring, Dark Souls, or Bloodbourne, but you don't lose your memories/souls/echoes upon death. 

In many Rogue-lites, you lost armor, weapons, and even entire characters. 

I honestly think Duviri is more than easy and forgiving enough as it is. 

And once they remove any and all risk/danger from The Circuit, Duviri will effectively be a dead mode.

If anything...they should just add a bonus intrinsic for having maxed intrinsics.

With progress in The Circuit Progress about to be changed, just add an Intrinsic called:

"Screw it" - You can now use your full Loadout (including Warframes) of choice in all of Duviri. 

Just be done with it at that point. Like...Seriously DE, don't add a Rogue-Lite mode then remove everything that makes it a Rogue-Lite. 

Railjack:

This mode could use an Intrinsic rework from the ground up.

Command is decent, Gunnery (except lvl 10) is good, but Engineering, Pilot, and Tactical are very redundant with many ranks being just more of the same for no good reason than to serve as padding.

Edited by Aerikx
Forgot to mention Railjack
  • Like 1

I already skipped plenty of weapons and features I could’ve gotten from Duviri, simply because I didn’t like it. Ever hear the famous “If you don’t like it, don’t play it,” yea I actually took that advice. 
I would hate for them to add more things I want to get, just to lock it behind the buggy slow mess that is Duviri. 

Just let me trade Intrinsics for Void Traces or even Focus. Don't care if the conversion rate I'd obscene. Intrinsics becoming meaningless after reaching max level just feels lame.

And I honestly would be down if the added Intrinsics for different modes/missions. Like for Factions or Void Fissures. Just have it be some nice side grades and way less tiers.

4 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

And I honestly would be down if the added Intrinsics for different modes/missions. Like for Factions or Void Fissures. Just have it be some nice side grades and way less tiers.

Long ago...(On my old Pre-Crosssave account. Looks like my old stuff is all gone after the Link procedure)

I pitched an EXTREMELY detailed Breakdown of how I'd redesign/Overhaul Invasions into a Faction Mode. (Play as Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Sentient, and Narmer) 

Essentially each unit type has intrinsics and once maxed, extra intrinsics would be have an extremely high conversion rate into the currency used by the vendor tied to invasions.

I wonder if I still have the document...

Might need to dig it up and repost it in suggestions. 🤔

Either way, to have an Intrinsic conversion in say Railjack (and have a hidden Railjack Vendor who sells Railjack Avionics, Armaments, and Armor, and etc would be awesome. 

Not so sure about Duviri though.

On 2024-03-15 at 3:59 AM, SirZorba said:

That's what they said the idea was when railjack was revealed back in 2018, then reinforced said idea with the Liches/squad link presentation in 2019.

Still waiting on that broken promise. Railjack has a heap of those they still need to get to.

I don't ever recall that as an at-launch promise. I vaguely remember the idea being floated that they might rework the rest of the game eventually, but it's worth remembering that for a long time devstreams were a lot less professional, and had the devs floating ideas in real time. A really early one has them come up with Limbo's name on-stream. With that said, it means that they'd often say that they're working on something, and they probably were, but it wasn't something officially in the pipeline as it were, but the playerbase takes it as gospel promises. Steve in an interview confidently declared they'd have Railjack out by the end of 2018 in the Tennocon if my memory doesn't fail me! The more modern, relatively more professional (I don't follow devstreams as religiously as I used to, but all the ones I've checked in on have been) are most likely a direct response to the huge amount of community backlash this'd create.  And of course, the playerbase (including yours truly, I'll admit it) definitely overhyped and added plenty of misconceptions into the mix. 

And obviously, Railjack flopped like a fish, so even if it was in the pipeline in the future, we'll be lucky to get any Railjack content in the future. Pity, I'm still fond of Railjack.

If I'm wrong and there's a source for this being a part of the marketing (your Tennocons, your press releases etc.) as an at-launch feature though, hit me and I'll gladly eat my words. I'm also curious as to what broken promises you think are still missing? Most of the stuff was either confirmed cut because it wasn't fun in testing (at which point, why would you want that added) or added in later, even if in a less-than great form (blowing up corpus cruisers...)