The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

no love for caliban

3 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Imo caliban is the new meme/joke frame as hydroid left the throne

The first work he will get is as said above. When its time to prime him and DE checks the priming list and goes OMG WE FORGOT HE EXISTS. 

God I want them to just skip over him to make it even funnier. 

Like could you IMAGINE that down the line when the game reaches the end of it's life, people see that Caliban is just the only Frame without a Prime. 

• Like 3

On 2024-03-17 at 3:52 AM, Th3bl4cksm1th said:

Why do we still not have any Caliban augment? or even floaty movement animation?

Caliblam OP already.  I can't imagine how ridiculous he'd be with an Progeny augment that kept them from blocking his movement or an extra-floaty walk.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

I'm not gonna say no to another round of teasing Caliban for being Caliban, but didn't we just do this last week?

But its like the old hydroid.. we could bully him every hour of the day for the whole year! 

Caliban is just new hydroid..

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

I'm not gonna say no to another round of teasing Caliban for being Caliban, but didn't we just do this last week?

But last week was like a week ago.  You can't live in the past, Tenno.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

But its like the old hydroid.. we could bully him every hour of the day for the whole year! 

Caliban is just new hydroid..

Not really

People at least acknowledged Hydroid being in the game.  One of the worst, sure.  But at least we acknowledged him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zThulsaDoomz said:

Not really

People at least acknowledged Hydroid being in the game.  One of the worst, sure.  But at least we acknowledged him.

Difference for me is more developer treatment than player treatment.  Hydroid did get augments, skins, and at least one mini-update before the big one.  So Hydroid was funny in that DE was trying to help him and players never really went for most of it.  Caliban is funny in that it's easy to think DE has forgotten him.  (Being the least popular frame by some measures while beating Sevagoth's record for "longest time without an augment or skin" will do that.)

Of course the background is also very different.  Hydroid's been out much longer, so we can see all of DE's efforts against a longer time scale.   And there are so many more frames now.   More are almost bound to feel forgotten as time goes on.