Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Kuva and Tenet Weapon Teased for Dev Stream

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

"can we have an upgraded Opticor?"

"you already got an upgraded Opticor with the Vandal"

"yes, but what about second Upgraded Opticor?"

Opticor Vandal isn't even an upgrade. Sure, it might have more DPS on paper, but it completely misses the point of what makes Opticor fun.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Fair enough. 

I would rather hear about a Warframe and Godzilla and Nier Automata mega cross over Warframe event than predictable stuff like new Warframes and such (which will be getting too, in the Dev Stream, they talked about that too, so good news), but if I only reduced everything to want I wanted most, and making sure others knew about that, well the world wouldn't really see much interesting variety or discussion. 

Regardless I will put on the official forms that you voted for Tenet Cringe, as a joke. 

God Of War Ok GIF by PlayStation

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I would rather hear about all-you-can-eat enchiladas and an open bar

I had to look up "Enchilada" (it looks very btw)

But yeah, for Tenet/Kuva weapons I do have a small wish list I suppose

Tenet: Battacor/Ambassador or Opticor

Kuva: Aeolak/Ignis or Nukor

• Like 1

14 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

What I want to see, is a Tenet Exergis

Same. That was the first weapon that came to my mind when I thought about what I'd like to see.

Though if I'm being brutally honest, most Kuva/Tenet weapons have been more of a pain to get to Max Rank than they've been a joy to play. If it's not going to be a good weapon then I'd prefer for it to at least be a melee weapon. That would at least make it an easy 4000 MR points by doing stealth runs.

On that note, I guess a Kuva Halikar or a perhaps a Kuva Sidon would be up my alley...

• Like 2

Kuva and Tenet weapons were released before incarnon was a thing. My concern is that if DE only go with powercreep approach, the new kuva/tenet variants will either be dead on arrival outclassed by existing incarnon, or more OP than incarnon.

I want to see more gimmick in these weapons. Kuva Quartakk is nice not only because of its fire power, but because of two mode of firing. For new weapons, I don't know, switch between auto-rifle and flame thrower? But please DE, no more alternative fire that "fire the remaining magazine in a short burst" or "consume 50 ammo for AoE explosive". These are not gimmick, these are boring.

• Like 2

Glad to see a lot of enthusiasm for Tenet Exergis. The Exergis is really such a fun weapon, as far as visual aesthetic, audio sound design, and just the feel of it. 

Glad to also see everyones picks and fondness for weapons. 

I also like the suggestion for the Stropha. I don't think it needs an upgrade, but I always hoped that since it was released roughly around the time of Protea, either that or Stahlta may get a Prime version, with her, even though Velox was her signature (just to round out her package), but now that we know its Okina getting primed, I'd really like to see Stropha get a Tenet version (the same way hopefully Nidus bundled weapons could hopefully get Infested Lich treatment). 

Great suggestions everyone. 

19 hours ago, Numerounius said:

Sounds cool!

Tenet Opticor sounds like a good guess considering we can only get one Opticor. So this opens up the option to use rivens and alternative builds.

Opticor and Opticor Vandal are only one?

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Opticor Vandal isn't even an upgrade. Sure, it might have more DPS on paper, but it completely misses the point of what makes Opticor fun.

Overkilling things in half the charge time isnt an upgrade compared to just overkilling something excessivly more but also far slower? 🤷‍♂️

Vandal goes Pew! = target dead and overkilled.

Regular goes Peeeeew! = target dead and extra much overkilled. Kinda like the Sisters brother punching the corpse of the colonel "just to be sure".

As for weapons I'd like to see Kuvanized. Ack & Brunt, can I please have? I can see it now "Chokh Ehr Kuva Ack & Brunt Incarnon" with innate electric, so we can be true influencers for our fans in Sol! I'll even throw in a personal spectral axe in the deal!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, r1cky0 said:

Opticor and Opticor Vandal are only one?

Oh there is a regular Opticor in addition to Opticor Vandal. Forgot about that. I'd say point still stands though with you only being able to obtain 1 Opticor Vandal with the regular Opticor being in that not so good area. But Vandal is Corpus tech, which tenent is also, so having two variants of the same faction tech may be a reason why it is on the less likely side.

Edited by Numerounius
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

Oh there is a regular Opticor in addition to Opticor Vandal. Forgot about that. I'd say point still stands though with you only being able to obtain 1 Opticor Vandal with the regular Opticor being in that not so good area. But Vandal is Corpus tech, which tenent is also, so having two variants of the same faction tech may be a reason why it is on the less likely side.

Tenet weapons pretty much are all Corpus tech, though. Cycron, Plinx, Flux Rifle? Much like how Kuva weapons are Grineer already, just upgraded.

So there's absolutely a chance we'll get a Tenet Opticor.

• Like 1

Tenet Opticor!

I need Opticor that channels the power of Kamehameha, Mega Flare, and Atomic Breath into one massive beam of unalive you, the guys next to you, your family and pets across three generations in both directions, with punch through set to YES

• Like 2

Okay Dev Stream is over! RIP Tenet Exergis, Tenet Opticor, Tenet Lanka, Kuva Argonak, Kuva Buzlok, Kuva Stug, Kuva Javlok, Tenet Convectrix dreams. 

Am content and satisfied with Tenet Glaxion and Kuva Sobek. Will be interesting to see Tenet Glaxion especially with some of the changes coming with Cold, and to see how well the weapon will stack up compared to the Ignis Wraith as far as elemental beam weapons. 

Kuva Sobek, the big question will be if it can use Acid Shells, but I hope so, since I know its broken with Saryn, but I don't think that should dictate the role of the augment considering you know, all other Warframes. So unless the weapon is hoping to be really really strong, like i viewed Kuva Hek as being extremely strong, I hope the augment is supported by the new variant. Then again if its especially strong without it, ehh... Just feels nice to have another strong Kuva shotgun (well hopefully).