The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora having 99% damage while having only 2x-6x more kills - is "damage dealt" even worht looking at?

quxier

Question

I & 2 other players have been playing with Khora. I think I've been playing Dante + Sporothrix (mostly). So I was sure that I've made "decent" contributions. Kills show that: ~600 me, ~200 other 2 players and ~1200 Khora.

However "damage dealt" is different. When I took screenshot I have 1% damage dealt while Khora had 99% (I think 3 players had 1% at some point). It's counter intuitive. I'm not sure about 2 other players but I know I've been damaging & killing a lot enemies. Yet I have just 1%? What Khora has done? Is it her Ensnare (grouping ability) counts toward "damage dealt" stat?

If it's true (that damaging Ensnare counts toward 'damage dealt' stat) then is it still reasonable to look at this stat? When I look how good I'm or if I need to slow down (so other players can have some fun) then I look mostly on this stat. 60% in 4 player squad starts to be too big. On other hand 10% starts to be too low. Is Khora just exception and it's ok too look at this stat (more or less of course)?

19 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

In a non-boss mission, the damage dealt is completely pointless information. You can see it for example in corpus tilesets, where one person takes a toxin weapon, and the other brute forces the shields. In that case, "damage dealt" is irrelevant information. I am unsure how an overkill is counted, but again, that would result in an irrelevant number.

Then there are the boss fights - and for that part, you can look at DD as valuable information about your contribution.

Generally, just try to have fun and contribute to the best of your abilities. I would not be stressed about some numbers if the mission goes smoothly.

Edited by kadlis12
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, quxier said:

What Khora has done? Is it her Ensnare (grouping ability) counts toward "damage dealt" stat?

Unless you know something specific about the Khora build that precludes it, I think Whipclaw damage being ridiculous is very likely enough explanation.  Do you remember what melee weapon was being used?

• Like 2

I wouldn't worry about damage dealt it is a furphy, unless you're doing mass damage with a large damage frame that covers a large area, I've been in missions with Mesa and got triple the kills of others yet my damage is like 8% WTF lol.

I can get massive damage down with my explosive Nova and Dante, forget the others I can do it with maybe Frost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quxier said:

I & 2 other players have been playing with Khora. I think I've been playing Dante + Sporothrix (mostly). So I was sure that I've made "decent" contributions. Kills show that: ~600 me, ~200 other 2 players and ~1200 Khora.

However "damage dealt" is different. When I took screenshot I have 1% damage dealt while Khora had 99% (I think 3 players had 1% at some point). It's counter intuitive. I'm not sure about 2 other players but I know I've been damaging & killing a lot enemies. Yet I have just 1%? What Khora has done? Is it her Ensnare (grouping ability) counts toward "damage dealt" stat?

If it's true (that damaging Ensnare counts toward 'damage dealt' stat) then is it still reasonable to look at this stat? When I look how good I'm or if I need to slow down (so other players can have some fun) then I look mostly on this stat. 60% in 4 player squad starts to be too big. On other hand 10% starts to be too low. Is Khora just exception and it's ok too look at this stat (more or less of course)?

Damage dealt seems to include overkill damage, why Exodia Contagion or Glaive Prime does a great job at milking that %damage dealt metric disproportionately high.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, quxier said:

I can do 100% of my team damage dealt on Chroma Contagion. Some abilities overkill. Most abilities and weapons dont.

My Khora's whip does !!! red crits aoe worth of 6-10 milion damage each.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

red crits aoe worth of 6-10 milion damage each

I have to admit khora and the whole stat stick is something I do not yet understand. I know there are combos that are highly effective. I do think perhaps there are some xbox bugs. 

This AM in simulacrum i was using a ktwinstubba and was hitting for 400-3000 D per shot/pellet. I simply switched lethal momentum for steady hands and my shots were max 64 damage or less. Most single digit. When and swapped them back. Never got the bigger numbers again no matter what I did. That's when I turned off WF.

With khora Ive tried ceramic dagger, magistar, sancti magistar, etc and ill get maybe 30k-60k here or there. Never millions.

I can get +1M with my prisma skana with any frame once combo is up. But even that is sketchy. This AM with nekros and my Pskana i was doing murmur survival. I was hitting red crits from 1k to +1M occassionally with ! to !!! levels. Then suddenly after two rounds at about the 11min mark, my damage suddenly dropped to 100-5,000 and fewer red crits. 

With khora whether I use Pskana or any melee as mentioned I can't do big numbers. Not sure what the trick is.

But, as another poster said, if each player kills 10 enemies and 3 players deal normal damage and one is dealing millions, you'll see damage dealt values totally weighed toward the player doing big single hit damage. I usually have most damage dealt until I'm in a squad with someone who has a fine tuned setup, who can have less kills than me, but double the damage %

If I use kullervo with my Pskana, im usually the player with +90% squad damage if I spam my 1

Edited by (XBOX)Player244024418
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:
21 hours ago, quxier said:

What Khora has done? Is it her Ensnare (grouping ability) counts toward "damage dealt" stat?

Unless you know something specific about the Khora build that precludes it, I think Whipclaw damage being ridiculous is very likely enough explanation.  Do you remember what melee weapon was being used?

Sadly, no. I don't know details

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

This AM in simulacrum i was using a ktwinstubba and was hitting for 400-3000 D per shot/pellet. I simply switched lethal momentum for steady hands and my shots were max 64 damage or less. Most single digit. When and swapped them back. Never got the bigger numbers again no matter what I did. That's when I turned off WF.

Simulacrum might be buggy. Even simple thing like pausing enemies may make different results (e.g. some abilities won't work on paused enemies). Even "reseting suit" in Ballroom simulacrum won't remove all buffs. If I need to be "more" certain I change gear to something else and change back.

Am 6.6.2024 um 17:24 schrieb kadlis12:

In a non-boss mission, the damage dealt is completely pointless information. You can see it for example in corpus tilesets, where one person takes a toxin weapon, and the other brute forces the shields. In that case, "damage dealt" is irrelevant information. I am unsure how an overkill is counted, but again, that would result in an irrelevant number.

Then there are the boss fights - and for that part, you can look at DD as valuable information about your contribution.

Generally, just try to have fun and contribute to the best of your abilities. I would not be stressed about some numbers if the mission goes smoothly.

yes. there is overkill damage. but it's only worth it in game modes like SP circuit.
I have significantly less damage in the stats than most people in public because I play with acceltra prime (cold+corr+2 green shards). I do have more kills though. Not always of course, but that's what I see in general.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

With khora whether I use Pskana or any melee as mentioned I can't do big numbers. Not sure what the trick is.

Incarnon weapons which have evolution that increases crit scaling (eg. ceramic dagger, magistar.. skana works too I guess) as it affects base stats of Whipclaw, crit chance mods (Sac Steel/BR), crit damage buffs (organ shatter, violet archon shards), viral damage + WW along with a good matching melee arcane (Melee Exposure). Warframe arcanes, accumulating whipclaw and more. It just all adds up.

Edited by Zakkhar

There are a few warframes beside Khora, who can do damage like this.
Atlas with stat-stick landslide build or any Kullervo with the perfect heavy attack weapon/arcane will do as well.
The number doesn't show the real contribution to the mission, you can easily ignore it.

Sometimes the numbers become extremely hilarious.
our team was in a SP circuit and I was Kullervo, the team mate was Xaku.
I had said 90%+ in the stats, but then Xaku let the armor strip bunny explode I made damage on all the time.
He said he capped damage at 2.3billion with one click and the 90% was gone ;)
Don't worry about those numbers, they are irrelevant.

-c0y

Edited by _COY_
  • Like 1

On 2024-06-06 at 8:31 AM, Drachnyn said:

Overkill damage is still counted as damage in the mission stats. You can pad a lot with certain weapons.

Yup, this is why I generally top the damage dealt stat when I'm actually playing seriously. My preferred frames, and some of the core weapons I use, are all overkill monstrosities.

You dont really need to worry about thoses stats as they dont reflect very well when its outside of "normal" parameters

• like how one has more than 100% hit rate yet didnt used guns (abilities)
  • crates when they didnt open one (system counts something as crates)
  • most damage with lowest kills (over ruled with massive damage numbers)
  • 0 kills but never saw enemies (some just killed faster before you could see them)
  • 0 boss/carriers kills or more than total "boss" spawns when either killed everything or non (bug frame)

i think there are quite a few more and multiple way of doing them, no need to worry too much when its just one mission from hundreds to thousands to tens of thousands played