The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are some Rivens astronomically expensive?

(XBOX)Lightningclaw11

Yes this is a genuine question I have. I literally don't understand why some Rivens are so expensive. I could personally never spend 200+ plat on a mod, like I don't have problems with anyone spending their platinum on Riven mods, you do you. I just don't understand why some are so expensive. Saw many people in the in-game trading chat selling mods for 2K+ and in my mind there's no way a singular riven mod is worth a $100 platinum pack. You could get a whole brand new game with $100 and still have some money leftover. I really don't see why a mere convenience factor should be so pricy, no singular weapon in the game require Riven mods to function. If you could install multiple riven mods on a single weapon I would somewhat understand the hype (but thankfully that's not possible bc imagine trying to grind for 8 rivens all for the same exact weapon), but so much plat just to replace 1 mod and maybe free up a mod slot? I don't understand it. There's no universe where you could convince me that a Riven mod is worth a $100 Platinum pack, let alone a $50 one. Are the certain ones just pricy because of ppl making videos on certain weapons saying "tHiS wEaPOn iS BRoKeN, yOu MuSt gET iT nOw bC iT's aBsoLUteLy cRaZY"?

I'm just confused. 

Literally just Good rolls on Meta weapons, or GODrolls on non-meta weapons.
I've been offered 800p for my latron riven before the incarnon system, and 2000 for my vulkar riv. 

Keep in mind, value is subjective. The people who trade these insanely expensive rivs, don't typically buy platinum. They build such an excess through riven trading or other item trading that they don't care what they spend. It's not like they can redeem it back for cash.
There is people who buy a ton of platinum, and then buy these rivs, they feed the cycle I explained earlier. Expendable Income can always go ham.

• Like 4

Basically its about rarity, and value, and desire. 

Personally I would never buy or sell a Riven for over 300 Platinum. Thats mostly because I have certain views and preferences around how I think Rivens should roughly cost and be used for, and price myself accordingly. That being said, I can also understand why some people instead prefer and or end up exchanging much higher amounts, and in the thousands. 

You have to remember that Riven's aren't the only item involved around and with Platinum. nor is real money the only factor either. By playing this game a lot, and being very efficient, and playing it through out and over the decade its been out, well there are lots of ways to make a lot of Platinum, without having to spend money. Like if you have some likeminded friends, it can be pretty easy to get many items, relatively efficiently, to use to sell to other people. Prime Sets for example. For some, at some point, you no longer really have anything else to spend Platinum on, so it just starts to accumulate. If you have a favourite weapon that would feel even better and perform even better, or even just marginally better, or you exist in acclimate where some people like to compare and take pride in having really good Rivens... If you have a lot of Platinum, then a 2000 Platinum Riven won't really seem that silly. A persons desire makes that exchange acceptable. Could be prestige, could be sentimental, could be excess Platinum or excess real world wealth, could be addiction, there are a lot of ways a person can justify such exchanges. 

The most Platinum I ever spent on a Riven, I think actually broke the own rule I set for myself, and it was I think about 350 for a really good Fulmin Riven, but I specifically brought it for a friends Birthday, and I had like 4000 Platinum at the time. Was a good friend, and I could afford it, so, shrugs. 

Another way you can think about it, is if you ever got a Riven for a weapon you really really liked. Except maybe the weapon was a bit lacking without the Riven... but the Riven, let you use it way more than otherwise. Like in Steel Path, and it generally meant your fav weapon, you could use it more. Which made you happy. How much would that happiness be worth? I have had Rivens I really liked, on weapons I liked even more. I wouldn't sell them if someone offered me 5000 Platinum. Does that mean I personally think they are worth that much? Emphatically and "objectively"? No? Would I buy them for that much? Also no. Its just for pure personal reasons, I wouldn't sell them to another person for that much, even if someone else was offering and asking to spend that much. I have too much fun with the weapon. Now just because I personally don't think they are worth that much, sure, but someone else might, and be willing to spend that much, and if they are people that are willing to buy at such prices, you best believe there will be people trying to get the sort of Rives to sell at such prices as well.. Hence creating the market for them. 

Does that sort of make sense? 

• Like 2

The answer is because it is extremely hard to get actual god rolls, out of all my rivens I only have one true god roll (on Orthos w/7 rolls that I got early on and knew not to sell it to a noobtrapper) I have dozens of positive DPS rolls though and I've done probably oh over a thousand rolls which is a lot of game time to reach that.

It also takes tons of time to reach that amount of plat. Most plat circulates in the economy to facilitate those trades so it isn't being perceived as being worth 100 dollars for a buyer but rather the cost of doing dozens of 100p plat trades.

Edited by Numerounius
  • Like 2

Some players have absurd amounts of plat and nothing to spend it on, so they collect expensive Rivens. These Rivens are expensive because - to these players - plat is so inexpensive. These are the people who bought and sold Primed Chamber for tens of thousands of plat.

But more generally, the Riven system is so doused in RNG at every step that it's basically impossible to get a Riven for a specific Riven with a specific set of stats all on your own. As an individual the odds are heavily stacked against you, but when scaled up by the hundreds of thousands of active players the perfect Riven you want is probably out there. You'll never get it yourself, but someone else probably will. And that someone else can sell the thing you want to you for any price because what are you gonna do? Make one yourself? lol.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Keep in mind, value is subjective. The people who trade these insanely expensive rivs, don't typically buy platinum. They build such an excess through riven trading or other item trading that they don't care what they spend. It's not like they can redeem it back for cash.
There is people who buy a ton of platinum, and then buy these rivs, they feed the cycle I explained earlier. Expendable Income can always go ham.

Yeah I know. I don't have money to spend so my plat budget is often tight. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Basically its about rarity, and value, and desire. 

Personally I would never buy or sell a Riven for over 300 Platinum. Thats mostly because I have certain views and preferences around how I think Rivens should roughly cost and be used for, and price myself accordingly. That being said, I can also understand why some people instead prefer and or end up exchanging much higher amounts, and in the thousands. 

You have to remember that Riven's aren't the only item involved around and with Platinum. nor is real money the only factor either. By playing this game a lot, and being very efficient, and playing it through out and over the decade its been out, well there are lots of ways to make a lot of Platinum, without having to spend money. Like if you have some likeminded friends, it can be pretty easy to get many items, relatively efficiently, to use to sell to other people. Prime Sets for example. For some, at some point, you no longer really have anything else to spend Platinum on, so it just starts to accumulate. If you have a favourite weapon that would feel even better and perform even better, or even just marginally better, or you exist in acclimate where some people like to compare and take pride in having really good Rivens... If you have a lot of Platinum, then a 2000 Platinum Riven won't really seem that silly. A persons desire makes that exchange acceptable. Could be prestige, could be sentimental, could be excess Platinum or excess real world wealth, could be addiction, there are a lot of ways a person can justify such exchanges. 

The most Platinum I ever spent on a Riven, I think actually broke the own rule I set for myself, and it was I think about 350 for a really good Fulmin Riven, but I specifically brought it for a friends Birthday, and I had like 4000 Platinum at the time. Was a good friend, and I could afford it, so, shrugs. 

Another way you can think about it, is if you ever got a Riven for a weapon you really really liked. Except maybe the weapon was a bit lacking without the Riven... but the Riven, let you use it way more than otherwise. Like in Steel Path, and it generally meant your fav weapon, you could use it more. Which made you happy. How much would that happiness be worth? I have had Rivens I really liked, on weapons I liked even more. I wouldn't sell them if someone offered me 5000 Platinum. Does that mean I personally think they are worth that much? Emphatically and "objectively"? No? Would I buy them for that much? Also no. Its just for pure personal reasons, I wouldn't sell them to another person for that much, even if someone else was offering and asking to spend that much. I have too much fun with the weapon. Now just because I personally don't think they are worth that much, sure, but someone else might, and be willing to spend that much, and if they are people that are willing to buy at such prices, you best believe there will be people trying to get the sort of Rives to sell at such prices as well.. Hence creating the market for them. 

Does that sort of make sense? 

Yeah I have about the same beliefs as you. Though it's really difficult trying to battle RNGesus to get sets to sell and any rivens that have some value. Getting up that high takes quite awhile.
I bet your friend was really happy, that's nice of you :]
I'm just on and off looking for any Hate rivens with no rerolls. Each time I find some I don't have enough, but when I do have enough nobody has any because they sell like hot cakes. Then Warframe market isn't the best for rivens because more than half the time people forget they made a contract for it and never take it down when they do eventually get rid of it. 

• Like 1

1小时前 , (XBOX)Lightningclaw11 说:

Yes this is a genuine question I have. I literally don't understand why some Rivens are so expensive. I could personally never spend 200+ plat on a mod, like I don't have problems with anyone spending their platinum on Riven mods, you do you. I just don't understand why some are so expensive. Saw many people in the in-game trading chat selling mods for 2K+ and in my mind there's no way a singular riven mod is worth a $100 platinum pack. You could get a whole brand new game with $100 and still have some money leftover. I really don't see why a mere convenience factor should be so pricy, no singular weapon in the game require Riven mods to function. If you could install multiple riven mods on a single weapon I would somewhat understand the hype (but thankfully that's not possible bc imagine trying to grind for 8 rivens all for the same exact weapon), but so much plat just to replace 1 mod and maybe free up a mod slot? I don't understand it. There's no universe where you could convince me that a Riven mod is worth a $100 Platinum pack, let alone a $50 one. Are the certain ones just pricy because of ppl making videos on certain weapons saying "tHiS wEaPOn iS BRoKeN, yOu MuSt gET iT nOw bC iT's aBsoLUteLy cRaZY"?

I'm just confused. 

Introducing the concept of supply, demand, and market cornering.

Due to the completely random nature of riven mod, it is almost impossible (at least mathematically) to have another 1:1 identical riven mod on the market to compete with the supplier (compared with blind rage, of which every single copy was identical). Therefore for every single riven mod in existence, you are the sole supplier, and therefore can completely corner the market with the buyer having no frame of reference for valuation.

Yeah, we have common good roll stat like +CC +MS +CD and harmless negative, but who are you to argue my +faction damage stat does not cost 100p more than +CC? And my +MS has a higher number than the other guy +MS as well and that's 50p already. Unless, you have another identical riven that is selling 150p less than my offer, which does not exist mathematically.

Together, it means the pricing of riven mod is completely arbitrary.

Not to say it is a bad thing. I once sold a tombfinger riven when kitgun was first introduced, for 600p. It brought me the Hunhow's Gift. Also the unroll torid riven, which I sold for 650p. This time Ember Heirloom. I am forever grateful to these two buyers.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)Lightningclaw11 said:

Yeah I have about the same beliefs as you. Though it's really difficult trying to battle RNGesus to get sets to sell and any rivens that have some value. Getting up that high takes quite awhile.
I bet your friend was really happy, that's nice of you :]
I'm just on and off looking for any Hate rivens with no rerolls. Each time I find some I don't have enough, but when I do have enough nobody has any because they sell like hot cakes. Then Warframe market isn't the best for rivens because more than half the time people forget they made a contract for it and never take it down when they do eventually get rid of it. 

Yeah it can be quite frustrating process for some, for sure, because different people can have different attitudes when it comes to Rivens. What can happen, is that people with more extreme views, can sort of edge out people with more moderate views. Like some people, and I am not judging them, but some people are more into Riven buying and selling in order to make Platinum. So they are incentivised to buy low, and sell high. Or to spend a lot of Kuva to get a roll that will sell big. That can clash and compete with people who might instead desire more "fair" exchanges, around say favourite weapons and usage. If there are more people in a given space advertising goods at really high prices, it can mean some will be attracted to that and price accordingly. There can be undercutting, but even then, what can happen, is people will buy Rivens, to sell to others for higher prices. I mean, if they are really good and they are experienced enough to think they sell it. 

My main point though is that it can create a bit of friction, depending on ones preferences. 

My own personal way of dealing with it is... just to accumulate a lot of RIvens. Don't have to buy Rivens, if you have your 180 maxed out and have over 80 Veiled Rivens you need to Unveil **taps forehead meme**. 

Eventually over time, it can get a lot easier, because say you are looking for a Hate Riven. Eventually if you keep getting Rivens, you'll eventually get a Riven fr a thats popular and sells well. You can either trade that Riven, and or sell it for the Plat to buy one thats more expensive.

The other rule, is often to try enjoy a weapon without Rivens. Plus Hate for example, recently got a new Augment, and there are also a lot of really good mods for it, plus with the Incarnon and Melee Arcanes? Its the kind of weapon that will overkill. Then what will probably happen... is that you'll make your perfect Hate build, Forma it, be content and happy, then a week later you'll get a Hate Riven, with a different Polarity, and you'l laugh at the irony. 

Thanks, and good luck to you on getting a Hate Riven in the future! 

• Like 1

Well. Depends.
Do you want the business version or the community version? They tie together but not in a positive light.

Business Version: Rivens were introduce for whaling. Much like a game has a deluxe pre-order with subscription then becomes buy2play and eventually free2play with cash options. It's a very basic trick. If you'd like proof of the impact I'd suggest looking up Financial Highlights 2017-June 2018. It's public record. You think Rivens are expensive now? You should have seen when they first came out. When you could only get them from Sorties and Kuva gains were about 10% of current.

Spoiler

ZqeOXz3.jpg

Community Version: The claim of "Rivens bringing new life to old weapons" only technically true. I feel most knew this.  This was true in that it allowed Shotgun weapons to reach 100% status which couldn't before. Something very critical at the time. However the best scaling weapons were actually the cheapest on the market. My Torrid Riven is 6 years old because Torrid was an amazing weapon when it came to scaling. 100% Sobek, Synapse, Pox, 100% Strun Wraith, Mutalist Cernos, Sicarus Prime, V. Marelok and just about any pure elemental weapon, esp melee. The community didn't generally care about scaling at the time so these were cheap.

What the community wanted was their Plasmor, Catchmoon and various other low level room clear weapons that scaled like garbage and didn't need Rivens in the first place. Thus the above pic. Now that every weapon is nearly homogenized in terms of stats, status effect reworks and now damage resist rework. It simply comes down to the weapon's raw power and of course popularity still playing it's own role but this time actually impacting Rivens for all "strong guns".

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Yeah it can be quite frustrating process for some, for sure, because different people can have different attitudes when it comes to Rivens. What can happen, is that people with more extreme views, can sort of edge out people with more moderate views. Like some people, and I am not judging them, but some people are more into Riven buying and selling in order to make Platinum. So they are incentivised to buy low, and sell high. Or to spend a lot of Kuva to get a roll that will sell big. That can clash and compete with people who might instead desire more "fair" exchanges, around say favourite weapons and usage. If there are more people in a given space advertising goods at really high prices, it can mean some will be attracted to that and price accordingly. There can be undercutting, but even then, what can happen, is people will buy Rivens, to sell to others for higher prices. I mean, if they are really good and they are experienced enough to think they sell it. 

My main point though is that it can create a bit of friction, depending on ones preferences. 

My own personal way of dealing with it is... just to accumulate a lot of RIvens. Don't have to buy Rivens, if you have your 180 maxed out and have over 80 Veiled Rivens you need to Unveil **taps forehead meme**. 

Eventually over time, it can get a lot easier, because say you are looking for a Hate Riven. Eventually if you keep getting Rivens, you'll eventually get a Riven fr a thats popular and sells well. You can either trade that Riven, and or sell it for the Plat to buy one thats more expensive.

The other rule, is often to try enjoy a weapon without Rivens. Plus Hate for example, recently got a new Augment, and there are also a lot of really good mods for it, plus with the Incarnon and Melee Arcanes? Its the kind of weapon that will overkill. Then what will probably happen... is that you'll make your perfect Hate build, Forma it, be content and happy, then a week later you'll get a Hate Riven, with a different Polarity, and you'l laugh at the irony. 

Thanks, and good luck to you on getting a Hate Riven in the future! 

The new Hate mod looks interesting, but mine isn't modded for Heat and neither is anything in my loadout (I do have the perfect shot from Cinta, but I have it built for killing long lines of enemies so the enemies won't last long enough for me to play around it that way). I haven't spent any plat on Riven slots so I only have the base 15. I've mostly been getting Warframe slots and collecting the Warframes like they're Pokemon lmao (unfortunate that Excalibur Prime will probably never ever come back). 
And I luckily just got a Hate Riven off someone! (though it has some rerolls, but I can't bother to be too picky at this point)
Now I can reroll it to (hopefully) get what I want :]
Now I'll be saving my plat up to get Arcanes I wanna use because I don't have the energy to grind them outside of a designated squad lmao. 
I haven't finished leveling my Hate incarnon yet, think I'm almost at the last level. I have the kill 20 enemies with a finisher with only Hate equipped challenge. 

Edited by (XBOX)Lightningclaw11
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Lightningclaw11 said:

The new Hate mod looks interesting, but mine isn't modded for Heat and neither is anything in my loadout (I do have the perfect shot from Cinta, but I have it built for killing long lines of enemies so the enemies won't last long enough for me to play around it that way). I haven't spent any plat on Riven slots so I only have the base 15. I've mostly been getting Warframe slots and collecting the Warframes like they're Pokemon lmao (unfortunate that Excalibur Prime will probably never ever come back). 
And I luckily just got a Hate Riven off someone! (though it has some rerolls, but I can't bother to be too picky at this point)
Now I can reroll it to (hopefully) get what I want :]
Now I'll be saving my plat up to get Arcanes I wanna use because I don't have the energy to grind them outside of a designated squad lmao. 
I haven't finished leveling my Hate incarnon yet, think I'm almost at the last level. I have the kill 20 enemies with a finisher with only Hate equipped challenge. 

Heyy Congrats! Hope you enjoy it! 

If you weren't aware, and you might already be, but the Hate Incarnon comes with Heat, unless you specifically Mod your hate so it combines with another element? I can't don't know whether its one of the weapons that will mix elements that way or not, since I only run my Hate with an elemental combo, or just go Slash. Granted you also may like to use it in the unactivated form a lot as well. 

Oh and thats definitely a good approach, to prioritise Warframe and weapon slots and avoiding Riven slots for the time being. I actually personally didn't really get into Rivens too much, until after I got to MR 30, and at that point they give you like 30 Riven free slots (IIRC), and I just started accumulating so many Rivens, I didn't want to sell, shrugs. 

Glad you grabbed yourself a Hate Riven, and now good luck on rolling it. Which you might need even greater luck with! Oh and keep an eye out for Events, like Belly of the Beast, which we had earlier this year. Great place to get a lot of good Arcanes without having to buy them with Plat. 

Take care! 

• Like 1

Generally the people spending thousands of plat on a riven aren't buying plat. They have already earned enough plat through trading to buy whatever they want and know they can make more plat whenever they want. 

Just because it would cost $100 to purchase enough plat from DE to purchase a riven does not mean that riven is worth $100. There is no way to cash out plat for money so once plat is in the game it holds no monetary value. Once you realize plat is worthless it becomes a lot easier to throw thousands of plat at a single mod. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Lightningclaw11 said:

I'm just confused. 

Nobody said that ant singular weapon in the game require Riven mods to function

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Lightningclaw11 said:

I'm just confused. 

It's like car tuning. You may buy a stock supra, dump another 40k into and now it rips asphalt

Kuva used to be a difficult resource to aquire, so rivens with desireable stats were expensive, you had many players onto the same rivens and players couls easily charge high ammounts.

Kuva and rivens are more accessible now, so if you see an expensive riven, it's not a problem, you can always use warframe market and filter the available rivens in the auctions, you'll see that the stuff available is greater and overall cheaper.
You can also aquire more rivens and reroll more often yourself, so the demand is lower overall.

Do stay away from 99.999 plat rivens, i say this because i have seen on ocasion those same rivens being sold for real life currencies, the reason they are 99.999 plat is to make sure nobody will think of buying them, they just need a place to list and catalog them. It's not that the riven is problematic, it's that the user himself may be involved in activities that can cause problems for you.

Since you can only use 1 weapon at a time, investing heavily into a favorite weapon isn't unreasonable.

I was looking through either Corufell or Ceramic rivens yesterday, and i think it was a crit crit efficiency, or crit crit initial, that was over 100k plat lol. And there were only... 3 rivens that had my search at all, and my search was whichever stat wasn't even crit!

So it's mostly about the core weapon, as those will create the demand the most. Then obviously the rarity of the stats that weapon tends to want, and that's the big multiplier to the base.

God tier rolls on the most unpopular weapon riven might cap at about a thousand, I'd say.

Because people are silly.

Play what you unveil and roll, especially since damage, effects, and disposition are always in flux.

Or make risky high 'value' trades if that sort of thing floats your boat. I collect media and plastic blocks that will surely topple over and kill me one of these days. So it goes.

• Like 3

It's because of the assumption people have that a riven will make a massive difference. Sure they will on already poop weapons, where you might aswell just pick another weapon that does the exact same but with better innate stats while looking different. Incarnons also drive up the prices by being already busted and with high dispo, even though you wont see any remarkable difference between a rivened incarnon and a non-rivened one.

And since most rivens just come with generic "meta" stats when sold, I sure as #*!% wouldnt pay alot of plat for one fitting an incarnon, since I'd likely want other stats due to the room to play that the incarnons bring with their already high stats. Like with my Nami-Solo riven. All I really cared about was efficiency, then one stat that was either attack speed or reach pretty much in order to replace one of the primed mods. Mostly because this would allow me to reach 90% efficiency on any frame using it and not just Kullervo. Which is just a wonderful QoL due to how the HA works on that weapon specifically. What I ended up with was efficiency, melee damage and attack speed iirc. Far from what would be a money maker riven, but provides far more than some generic stats even if melee damage is near wasted on it. But when you just chop things to death instantly or blend a circle around you into pulp per HA you kinda stop caring about what is "godroll" or not.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Lightningclaw11 said:

I'm just confused. 

First of all, supply and demand. 

Theres layers upon layers of RNG with rolling rivens. 

Say you want a torid riven with crit chance, multishot, crit damage, neg zoom.

Every time you roll a torid riven, the game rolls a set of dice to determine if it's gonna have 2 buffs or 3. Then it rolls to decide if it's gonna have a neg to boost the other stats. Then it rolls dice to determine what that neg actually is. It could be a totally free neg like -zoom or something that ruins the roll completely like -multishot. 

Then it rolls dice to determine what the buffs actually are. Are all the buffs gonna be ideal or are you gonna end up with an irrelevant or outright bad stat like -recoil or +zoom. 

Then, even if all the stars align and you actually get the stats you want on the weapon you want, how are the grades. 

I've had rivens that I've rolled hundreds and hundreds of times and still had garbage rolls to show for it. 

Having a "god roll", an actual ideal roll, isn't like a prime set or any given mod that you can reasonably expect to farm in a matter of hours (or less).

Second, you gotta understand that 2k plat for example doesn't necessarily equate to "a hundred dollars cash" or whatever to alot of people.

There are plenty of traders who have thousands, or tens of thousands, of platinum that they've accumulated entirely from farming and selling prime sets and or trading rivens.

And alot of those players would GLADLY pay out the ass for certain rolls for certain weapons just because they're hard to find.

I think the most platinum I've personally had at one time was 17k and that wasn't because I just up and spent however many dollars on plat. I've seen a few people with way more than that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Generally the people spending thousands of plat on a riven aren't buying plat. They have already earned enough plat through trading to buy whatever they want and know they can make more plat whenever they want. 

Just because it would cost $100 to purchase enough plat from DE to purchase a riven does not mean that riven is worth $100. There is no way to cash out plat for money so once plat is in the game it holds no monetary value. Once you realize plat is worthless it becomes a lot easier to throw thousands of plat at a single mod. 

I don't even know how many times I've seen people lose their S#&$ because they don't understand this.

"ARE YOU CRAZY THATS MORE MONEY THAN BALDURS GATE 3 REEEE OMG BBQ WTF 111!!!"

and on the flipside of that there are people straight up not worried about spending cash either.

I knew somebody who had a job, I won't say what it was, but it was Healthcare related, who would just buy plat outright (from DE i don't mean real money trades) because he made enough per hour he didn't think grinding was worth the time.

Just because a transaction doesn't make sense to one person doesn't mean it doesn't to everyone else.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Heyy Congrats! Hope you enjoy it! 

If you weren't aware, and you might already be, but the Hate Incarnon comes with Heat, unless you specifically Mod your hate so it combines with another element? I can't don't know whether its one of the weapons that will mix elements that way or not, since I only run my Hate with an elemental combo, or just go Slash. Granted you also may like to use it in the unactivated form a lot as well. 

Oh and thats definitely a good approach, to prioritise Warframe and weapon slots and avoiding Riven slots for the time being. I actually personally didn't really get into Rivens too much, until after I got to MR 30, and at that point they give you like 30 Riven free slots (IIRC), and I just started accumulating so many Rivens, I didn't want to sell, shrugs. 

Glad you grabbed yourself a Hate Riven, and now good luck on rolling it. Which you might need even greater luck with! Oh and keep an eye out for Events, like Belly of the Beast, which we had earlier this year. Great place to get a lot of good Arcanes without having to buy them with Plat. 

Take care! 

I actually got what I wanted after just a few rolls! I wanted atleast +90% Crit damage with something else good to replace Organ Shatter. 
Got +102.20% Crit Damage & +92.30% Status Chance, the bonus status chance is gonna be really good considering I'm running a Condition Overload build.

Also thank you everyone for being kind about explaining this stuff to me, makes alot of sense now :]
I've been trading Prime sets & parts for plat, and some set mods rewarded from bounties to get plat as well (just difficult grinding the stuff out to sell). I haven't been able to keep a steady flow of plat because of buying Warframe & Weapon slots, and now thinking about if I had all that stuff initially I can see where all the points are coming from. 
Y'all have a great day, cheers :]

• Like 1

6小时前 , (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA 说:

I don't even know how many times I've seen people lose their S#&$ because they don't understand this.

"ARE YOU CRAZY THATS MORE MONEY THAN BALDURS GATE 3 REEEE OMG BBQ WTF 111!!!"

and on the flipside of that there are people straight up not worried about spending cash either.

I knew somebody who had a job, I won't say what it was, but it was Healthcare related, who would just buy plat outright (from DE i don't mean real money trades) because he made enough per hour he didn't think grinding was worth the time.

Just because a transaction doesn't make sense to one person doesn't mean it doesn't to everyone else.

I know a few players personally who play this game just for trading. Buying and selling prime set, relics, riven, arcane. Checking the market trend, predicting the next prime and incarnon, buy low sell high, those kind if stuff. They just login, trade, then leave.

Remember those events that let you farm arcane energize? Ordinary players farmed them for themselves. Experience players farmed them for easy plat. Trading players did not farm them. They buy tons of them cheap and sell them after the event.

The highest plat count I have seen for one player is 6 digit, and I heard some of them have more than a million. Is 2k a lot when you have a million? Hardly.

Or in other words, we thought the riven was astronomically expensive only because we are poor.🥲

• Like 1