Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Koumei & the Five Fates - Caliban + Nova Rework

[DE]Sam

These changes are unbelievably nice.    

I always thought Caliban was decent; just shy of good. Now he's shaping up to be a very solid and fun frame.    

The Nova changes are just.. wow. Simple, but great. This is what many older Warframes should get. A freshening up that doesn't really change anything, but makes them nicer to play in 2024 and beyond.  

Hildryn's tweaks sound awesome. Pillage in Aegis Storm was a long time coming. The increased movement and even more damage on her blasters? Definitely a welcome change.  
If I could suggest anything else, I'd say to remove the Shield cost of her dash roll during Aegis Storm and make it travel further. Additionally, let her twin Balefires during Aegis Storm fire alternatively, so they can be a bit faster.

Edited by Flackenstien

@[DE]Sam@[DE]Momaw@[DE]Pablo

I've some comments about this changes/reworks with some ideas for me, a better QOL, particularly for Nova

All of the changes on Nova sounds great, except for two things i considers so annoying.

First, for Wormholes, removed Duration based is great, but a problem occurs with this change : we can't removed Wormholes except by casting new ones or using the 4 charges. For me, the "holding effect for seeing the destination" could be used in a better way for avoid this problem. My idea is, when you AIM a particular portal and hold the Ability's button, you removed this Wormhole. If you don't aim a particular portal and hold the Ability's button, you removed ALL Wormholes in place of.

Second, for Molecular Prime, i don't really likes how the Tap/Hold functionality will be. For me, Hold functionality could be like Ivara's Arrows (or Wisp or Xaku, and so on...) for change the Function between Slow or Speed, and use Tap for cast.

Finally, i like the Caliban rework on paper, but i'd like to see Caliban using Overguard with his 1st, maybe with an Augment ? or Overguard with the Sentients ? i don't know, but i'm affraid about his survivability in High Levels only with his 50% max Adaptation if we used shield-based build (his strenght for me). Maybe his Passive could be higher for his shields ? reach 90% for Shields ?

For other things, nothing to says. In one hand, no problem for me about the "Wukong Nerf", cause i've never used him like that, and in the other hand, all other things seems promising for me :thumbup:

EDIt : ho and i've missing a question !!! what about Zerova ? Zero if we don't wants Slow or Speed effect. Always possible with Overextended ? Need to haves the Overextended Rank 4 now in place of Rank 2 ?

Edited by (PSN)Crazy_Mr_J
add question about Zerova
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, (PSN)Crazy_Mr_J said:

Second, for Molecular Prime, i don't really likes how the Tap/Hold functionality will be. For me, Hold functionality could be like Ivara's Arrows (or Wisp or Xaku, and so on...) for change the Function between Slow or Speed, and use Tap for cast.

You don't really need a 3 abillity ivara/wisp/xaku hold functionality for an ability that has 2 modes. 

truth be told, I'd love if the tap/hold function was expanded and given to equinox. (Replace equinox 1 then make the rest of the kit tap for one, hold for variant.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HeavyFarms said:

You don't really need a 3 abillity ivara/wisp/xaku hold functionality for an ability that has 2 modes. 

truth be told, I'd love if the tap/hold function was expanded and given to equinox. (Replace equinox 1 then make the rest of the kit tap for one, hold for variant.)

I understand what you means, and i don't know if it's "pleasant" with Keyboard and Mouse, but with a pad, when you move fast on the map, it's not really pleasant to hold cast if you wants to cast really fastly in a pleasant way (for me). I'm a Yellow Archon Shards enthusiast (like previously with Natural talent for Casting Speed), and loves the mobility in Warframe, and generaly don't likes to being "static" too much for casting abilities. That's explain why i'm playing with Paddles on console, for haves more pleasant mobility 😀

Edited by (PSN)Crazy_Mr_J

6 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

It should be capped at 75%DR as a subsumed ability.

TBH 75% might be a bit too much for a subsume ability, don't get me wrong, I love having strong abilities, but in order to reduce the chance of an unneeded nerf to the base ability, then I think it would be better for it to be capped at around 60-65%

24 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

TBH 75% might be a bit too much for a subsume ability, don't get me wrong, I love having strong abilities, but in order to reduce the chance of an unneeded nerf to the base ability, then I think it would be better for it to be capped at around 60-65%

75% isn't worth using unless the frame lacks any form of reliable survivability tools (e.g.: Gyre). We usually stack multiples of 90% (e.g.: Nezha with Adaptation) on top of our native DR from Shields or Armor and still can get killed, so 75% doesn't really provide that much. Lastly, Eclipse already gives us 75% DR.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

75% isn't worth using unless the frame lacks any form of reliable survivability tools (e.g.: Gyre). We usually stack multiples of 90% (e.g.: Nezha with Adaptation) on top of our native DR from Shields or Armor and still can get killed, so 75% doesn't really provide that much. Lastly, Eclipse already gives us 75% DR.

Was gonna say.

Also, Null Star has been at 90% since it was put in the Helminth, it was just way annoying to get there and use compared to other options.

Accessing gearwheel puts mouse cursor in a direction determined where you last aimed it. So if you turn left prior to accessing gearwheel, your cursor is aimed at the left in the gearwheel. This is a real nuisance. I hope fixed very soon.

I managed to accidentally summon Wolf of saturn six on steel path, first trying the saya node...

Edited by vixenpixel

On 2024-09-29 at 2:49 PM, sXeth said:

it’s been a weird trend with the big reworks to “unpopular” frames that they semi dismissively lose whatever their standout feature before was.

Grendel got his feast capped. Hydroid lost invulnerability/gathering/damage linking. Inaros lost his defence objective healing (and team healing). Grendel and Inaros at least seemed to generally come out actively better forit by upgrades to the rest of their stuff.

Pablo did confirm on Twitter/X (I think?) that they are bringing back the armor strip zone which is good. 🤗

On 2024-09-30 at 9:31 AM, DaShark said:

Use casting speed archon shards to decrease the time spent in the spawn animation, and you have about 5-6 seconds of spamming melee before you go back to base form and refill the soul well while you shield gate. 

If I need to use casting speed shards to make him functional, then he needs tweaked.

On 2024-09-30 at 12:27 PM, MerlintheAgeless said:

So, uh, actually that's a Bug. Both Shadow's (Prime and Base) currently have incorrect Base Armor. They only have ~185 (hard to get exact numbers) instead of the 475 they should. The numbers are correct in the Arsenal, but in-mission they're wrong. There are a couple Bug reports on it (including one by me). Once it's fixed the Shadow will be much Tankier. Unfortunately, DE have yet to acknowledge this Bug.

Thank goodness it is a bug honestly! Now we probably won't have to wait too long for it to be changed I hope. Sevagoth and his Shadow could really use that armor.

On 2024-09-27 at 8:18 PM, Muevelosbbh said:

Why? Your comment makes no sense with all due respect clearly you don't know about slam wukong. It doesn't matter if something else can hit damage points higher. It's a disruptive method it's been complaining about 100,000 times. It wasn't intended clearly, and it plagues the Asian servers. It makes complete sense. 

I am not on the forum as much so i reply late, you making it sound like slam wukong is the most broken thing in the game. what's so disruptive about it? because it can cc enemies with the augment? or it's huge aoe damage and kpm? 

Dante giving everyone over 70,000 overguard and overguard regen all while nuking maps full of enemies upto level cap isn't disruptive? or saryn nuking maps with sobek or ability nuking entire starter chart isn't disruptive? khora dealing 99% of the team's damage while also being invisible and having two companions and getting extra extra loot isn't disruptive?? hey speaking of disruptive, lets talk about limbo... he is the definition of disruptive so why is a monkey warframe slamming ground with melee considered disruptive when other warframe can do what he does better. 

it just doesn't make sense complaining about a play style just because it's lazy and over played. Being overplayed doesn't make it disruptive, affecting other players on the map is what makes a warframe disruptive.

6 hours ago, Kyleprime101 said:

I am not on the forum as much so i reply late, you making it sound like slam wukong is the most broken thing in the game. what's so disruptive about it? because it can cc enemies with the augment? or it's huge aoe damage and kpm? 

Dante giving everyone over 70,000 overguard and overguard regen all while nuking maps full of enemies upto level cap isn't disruptive? or saryn nuking maps with sobek or ability nuking entire starter chart isn't disruptive? khora dealing 99% of the team's damage while also being invisible and having two companions and getting extra extra loot isn't disruptive?? hey speaking of disruptive, lets talk about limbo... he is the definition of disruptive so why is a monkey warframe slamming ground with melee considered disruptive when other warframe can do what he does better. 

it just doesn't make sense complaining about a play style just because it's lazy and over played. Being overplayed doesn't make it disruptive, affecting other players on the map is what makes a warframe disruptive.

I'm sorry but your points don't really work here my friend. There's a difference between something being too powerful like the frames you listed and this particular instance. DE, isn't making this weaker by any means. They could care less about how powerful this is, what's going on here is basically an exploit that de has realized because of the player base, not following through on the animation instead of canceling it to spam it even more than you already should be able to that mechanic shouldn't really exist they are fixing that that is all there is here. You can still spam this it may just take half a second longer, if we are complaining about that then there's much bigger issues going on. They didn't Nerf anything they just corrected it to its proper placement. Still just as powerful

14 hours ago, Muevelosbbh said:

I'm sorry but your points don't really work here my friend. There's a difference between something being too powerful like the frames you listed and this particular instance. DE, isn't making this weaker by any means. They could care less about how powerful this is, what's going on here is basically an exploit that de has realized because of the player base, not following through on the animation instead of canceling it to spam it even more than you already should be able to that mechanic shouldn't really exist they are fixing that that is all there is here. You can still spam this it may just take half a second longer, if we are complaining about that then there's much bigger issues going on. They didn't Nerf anything they just corrected it to its proper placement. Still just as powerful

There are multiple mechanicanics that shouldn't really exist, how magus aggress gives you forever 300% crit damage or how rivens affect you pseudo exalted weapons making it pay to win or incarnon buffs affecting pseudo exalted weapons.

we can talk about gauss with aegis being immortal upto level cap, I can list many on top of my head that is "basically an exploit"  but why was wukong singled out specifically?? 

On 2024-09-30 at 11:27 AM, MerlintheAgeless said:

So, uh, actually that's a Bug. Both Shadow's (Prime and Base) currently have incorrect Base Armor. They only have ~185 (hard to get exact numbers) instead of the 475 they should. The numbers are correct in the Arsenal, but in-mission they're wrong. There are a couple Bug reports on it (including one by me). Once it's fixed the Shadow will be much Tankier. Unfortunately, DE have yet to acknowledge this Bug.

You can use arcane battery and do some math to see the armor mid mission. I just tested this with Shadow Prime and all values add up correctly, even mid mission. How are you determining that this is happening?

DE! Please allow an augment or something to give Nova portals a duration in place of the charges so we can do crazy stuff like this! ❤

(Video from Pupsker)

I know this will probably be patched, but I want to ba able to do this still, and be able to think with portals this way!

Give a 20-30s base duration maybe for the augment?

Edited by UlyssesTheDM

4 hours ago, DaShark said:

You can use arcane battery and do some math to see the armor mid mission. I just tested this with Shadow Prime and all values add up correctly, even mid mission. How are you determining that this is happening?

Interesting, I guess Arcane Battery uses live Arsenal values to calculate, since those are correct, but in-mission it doesn't work. My tests were taking damage to Shields, then Health. Since Shields have known DR of 50% you can calculate the Armor DR from there. The first indication something is wrong though, is that you take more damage to Health than Shield, despite 475 Armor supposedly giving 61% DR. Turns out you only have about 185 Base Armor in-mission, even Armor Mods scale off of that.