Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mods: Coming Changes

[DE]Rebecca

No. The script will look for Ability Polarities if you have moved them elsewhere and prioritize removing those instead of your customized layout.

Super Simplified Example for those who have moved their Ability Polarities around:

I have 3 bowls. 1 Bowl has an Apple in it, it is the default Apple Bowl.

Picture 1: (A) ( ) ( ).

My mom looks at the bowl.

I move the Apple because I wanted to customize what bowl the Apple goes in.

Picture 2: ( ) ( ) (A).

My mom said 'No more Apples allowed!' My mom doesn't take the bowl that the Apple in it for picture 1 because it USED to be the Apple bowl, she takes the bowl from Picture 2 because that's where I moved the Apple.

BUT!

If I have removed ALL apples, she will simply grab the first bowl and refund me the Apple Slicer I spent to move the Apple at full cost. 

Wait so.... if an Apple a Day keeps the doctors away...

Then why is your mom so against another apple??

I don't get it.

Why is mom so mean??  An apple a day keeps the doctor away.  Three apples a day keeps three doctors away.  Doctors are icky!

It's so much easier and fairer to just leave us with 10 slots, instead of 8.  Then all the script has to do is convert ability polarities to zero polarity.  No forma needs to be refunded and people don't lose the time they spent forma-ing the ninth or tenth slot.  And, people can still forma/booster the ninth and tenth slots.

Edited by ThePresident777

No. The script will look for Ability Polarities if you have moved them elsewhere and prioritize removing those instead of your customized layout.

Super Simplified Example for those who have moved their Ability Polarities around:

My mom said 'No more Apples allowed!' My mom doesn't take the bowl that the Apple in it for picture 1 because it USED to be the Apple bowl, she takes the bowl from Picture 2 because that's where I moved the Apple.

BUT!

If I have removed ALL apples, she will simply grab the first bowl and refund me the Apple Slicer I spent to move the Apple at full cost. 

You confused me more than if you would have just straight out said it the not so simple way >_<

BUT!

DEFAULT APPLE BOWL!

BUT!

Someone should save this explanation, it was priceless.

-Snip-

Wait, that's not a convincing analogy. Let me take a swing at it

First picture is 1 apple and 2 empty bowl

(A)( )( )

I then change the apple to orange

(O)( )( )

My mother doesn't want to just remove the apple, she also wants to remove the bowl that once filled with apple.

So the question is, will the script take away the bowl with orange or take away other empty bowl?

You confused me more than if you would have just straight out said it the not so simple way >_<

Simplified:

If a build still haves 2 ability polarities, they will be removed, even if the player as swamped places.

If a build haves only haves 1 or no ability polarities, it will remove 2 former ability polarities, and from what I'm reading, it will target the top left and right, wherever if they are still in the original position or even if have swamped the place.

Edited by 7grims

Wait, that's not a convincing analogy. Let me take a swing at it

First picture is 1 apple and 2 empty bowl

(A)( )( )

I then change the apple to orange

(O)( )( )

My mother doesn't want to just remove the apple, she also wants to remove the bowl that once filled with apple.

So the question is, will the script take away the bowl with orange or take away other empty bowl?

If you changed the polarity of an ability slot, the script will look for existing ability polarities.

Unless u have 1 or none ability polarities, which means, the script will remove ability slots that were re-polarized.

So just to put this is full applyance:

10 bowls, 4 apples

if we molecularly alter two of the apples so they turn into oranges then no matter what bowls they are in, the bowls with the apples will still get removed first, correct?

This makes me so happy, really really really didn't want to have to possibly relevel all my 20 warframes up to 2 times each.

So in essence I will get refunded zero forma (I always keep 2 = polarity slots) and be left with 5-7 polarity slots out of 8.  Any chance DE can release some mods that cost 20+; I think I need 2-3 of them to even use all of my mod points.  Such a waste of time spending forma on any frame at this point since most will only need 2-4 polarity slots total.  For us veteran players we literally get shafted as we will have 10+ unused mod points when everything is said and done, especially since ability costs are no longer a factor.

EDIT:  Take this build:  http://goo.gl/Ci1Xx3 .  If you simply remove the two abilities slots and mods, I have 13 unused mod points.  That is 2-3 forma worth in a build where I only invested 3 forma.  Here is the same build using only 1 forma (aura slot):  http://goo.gl/cNC60n .  Sorry, but I don't like wasting 2 forma in a build just because DE didn't plan properly.  How do I get refunded for those now-wasted forma?

EDIT_2: Fixed the broken link on the 2nd build.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

So just to put this is full applyance:

10 bowls, 4 apples

if we molecularly alter two of the apples so they turn into oranges then no matter what bowls they are in, the bowls with the apples will still get removed first, correct?

This makes me so happy, really really really didn't want to have to possibly relevel all my 20 warframes up to 2 times each.

Yes, this is correct to my knowledge. As it is a huge part of the Update, I will receive absolute and final confirmation ASAP!

Yes, this is correct to my knowledge. As it is a huge part of the Update, I will receive absolute and final confirmation ASAP!

Needs confirmation about this case.

If there are like 4 empty slots and 6 polarities, the script will just take the polarized abilities slot no matter what?

Sigh, looks like DE is going ahead full steam with this change then, having the script and all ready for the scrubbing.  I was still clinging to a glimmer of hope that they will reconsider having 9 or 10 slots....

One other question (sorry if clarified before), in preparation for the change, should I remove my mods from those 2 slots that will be deleted on all my Warframes?  If I don't, I assume the removed slot will return the mod that was once there back into my inventory.

So for example, I polarized my top left slot from a '=' into a 'D' and put a max Redirection there.  When this change goes live, that slot will disappear, and my max Redirection mod shouldn't be affected and remain in my inventory. 

So if I had forma'd my top left and top right ability slots to a different polarity, the script will seek out the bottom left and bottom right ability polarities (the only ability polarities there) and remove those instead?

That doesn't seem to be the case, looks like it will remove the original top left and right polarity slots regardless of if you have since moved them and/or changed them.  So in your scenario I'd assume you'll lose the top left and top right slots that you changed the polarities/position of regardless and get 2 forma back.

Sigh, looks like DE is going ahead full steam with this change then, having the script and all ready for the scrubbing.  I was still clinging to a glimmer of hope that they will reconsider having 9 or 10 slots....

One other question (sorry if clarified before), in preparation for the change, should I remove my mods from those 2 slots that will be deleted on all my Warframes?  If I don't, I assume the removed slot will return the mod that was once there back into my inventory.

So for example, I polarized my top left slot from a '=' into a 'D' and put a max Redirection there.  When this change goes live, that slot will disappear, and my max Redirection mod shouldn't be affected and remain in my inventory. 

You will keep your Redirection with no harm done to it and lose that slot you changed to a D polarity, correct.

Edited by CinderDragon77

That doesn't seem to be the case, looks like it will remove the original top left and right polarity slots regardless of if you have since moved them and/or changed them.  So in your scenario I'd assume you'll lose the top left and top right slots that you changed the polarities/position of regardless and get 2 forma back.

I really hope that's not the case :(

So in essence I will get refunded zero forma (I always keep 2 = polarity slots) and be left with 5-7 polarity slots out of 8.  Any chance DE can release some mods that cost 20+; I think I need 2-3 of them to even use all of my mod points.  Such a waste of time spending forma on any frame at this point since most will only need 2-4 polarity slots total.  For us veteran players we literally get shafted as we will have 10+ unused mod points when everything is said and done, especially since ability costs are no longer a factor.

EDIT:  Take this build:  http://goo.gl/Ci1Xx3 .  If you simply remove the two abilities slots and mods, I have 13 unused mod points.  That is 2-3 forma worth in a build where I only invested 3 forma.  Here is the same build using only 1 forma (aura slot):  http://goo.gl/cNC60n .  Sorry, but I don't like wasting 2 forma in a build just because DE didn't plan properly.  How do I get refunded for those now-wasted forma?

EDIT_2: Fixed the broken link on the 2nd build.

+10000000000000

The 8 slot deal is full of too many problems.  It's so much better for everybody if we get the 10 slot deal.