Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.0.4

DE_Adam

There was an Exterminate alert yesterday on Uranus that had the Pendragon Excalibur Helmet Blueprint as a reward.  Couldn't finish the alert because at least twenty enemies did not even spawn, even after being in the mission for thirty minutes.

I'm not even bothering with the exterminate missions there until they fix that bug. Which sucks because I want to get the drones to spawn.

"Mag is only useful with greedy pull." Continues to annhilate everything arfter augment change.

"Hydroid is only useful with pilfering swarm." Riiiiight..... So I guess that all those times we played him before augments were even a thing, we were just being useless. Now if people would kindly read the changes:

• The drop rates from the Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will no longer be affected by Power Strength.

A) "Power strength increases drop rate." Yeah I would say that was not intended, so this is probably a fix rather then a change.

• The Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will now generate drops for enemies that are slain being held by tentacles, not just dying from the tentacle’s appearing. In short, enemies don't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance.

B) This is actualy helpful for you. It means that anything that comes in contact with your tentacles has an added drop rate. This way you'll probably get more loot then before as more enemies get affected.

These frames were viable before augments and continue to be viable without augments.

Yes, Mag was actually only useful TO THE TEAM with Greedy Pull. Mag annihilates everything? Where? Please tell me? You will probably say that she can annihilate all Corpus. And the problem is that when a frame is ONLY very good against one faction and one of it's power is utterly useless against 2 other factions(probably 3, if sentients don't come with shields), then there is certainly something wrong with it.

Give me one reason why Greedy Pull was nerfed instead of stopping Mesa from getting energy from Energy orbs?

Mesa cannot get energy from ES Aura, EV or energy restores, but it is perfectly fine that she can get energy from Energy orbs,right? At least think before you say something. Is it even logical to nerf an already average frame while energy gain for Peacemaker is half-consistent?

Yes, before Pilfering Swarm or the Healing augment, if you played Hydroid, you were actually being useless to the team. It was just probably you who didn't realise that being a hydroid was useless to the team. Everything Hydroid does, there is someone that does it better.

And before augment, no one wanted a hydroid for anything specific. He was not any of the mainstream frames.

And if you are arguing over this hard fact, then you are lying to yourself.

A). If it was not intended, why did it take DE like 6 months to fix it? Do you have an concrete answer to this? Moreover, why now, why change it only when people started using it extensively?

B). No it isn't. If you played Pilfering Hydroid, you already know that. Getting 2x loot instead of 4x loot is not better. And Hydroid could kill with it's tentacle,especially, the levels people used him on. And if he didn't, there are like 5 or 6 frames to boost the damage and another 5 frames to make enemies take more damage. Combine these and Hydroid didn't have problems killing anything.

Moreover, this "fix" is finicky. Anything that come in contact with the Tentacles? But the problem is tentacles are so bad that the moving tentacles miss enemies that pass through it.

All frames are viable if you decide to play with one. These frames became mainstream frames because of the augments and now they will not be a mainstream frames.

For once, people need to stop defending DE when they are wrong and are fixing things that are not at ALL broken.

For those complaining about hydroid, consider this:

This is in all actuality a buff to that augment due to the following:

The augment was only working on things killed with tentacle swarm on their way OUT or on their way back into the ground.

My build for this used to be all 3 power strength mods, and max negative duration.  Which made my tentacles last for about 3 seconds.

After about 20 waves in an ODD -- stuff stops dying from the tentacles and then everything gets #Rekt from other abilities.

Consider this:  Now you can mod for duration / range, perhaps throw a few different mods on- and benefit throughout the entire duration of a mission with the augment, as anything caught in the tentacles that is killed will be dropping extra resources.  I don't know about you all but spamming a 3 second tentacle swarm over and over was very tedious and boring IMO.

Again-- this is just my opinion on the change of one of my favorite mods in the game, because I am currently at like 5k Polymer bundle and about 100 nano spores due to energy restores / trials.

I am ecstatic to try out the change!

Atleast try the change with some different builds before complaining guys!  If you still feel that you don't like it as well - please take it to feedback without raging/bashing...

Last thought: perhaps give things a chance or at least tad longer than 5 seconds after the hotfix is released to start complaining that it was "nerfed".

I am taking overextended + stretch to the derelict and bringing a speed nova with me, Equinox and Ember .... I shall have all the resources!!!!

Increase the number of tentacles or make it so that we're able to use multiple Tentacle Swarms simultaneously. Otherwise, the ability is still worse off than it was before. 

-Builds for max range and duration

-Several tentacles spawn on the wall and ceiling

-Now wait 50s to use the ability again so that you might get good positioning for another set of tentacles

This "buff" in a nutshell.

Edited by Yonm

"The drop rates from the Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will no longer be affected by Power Strength."

"The Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will now generate drops for enemies that are slain being held by tentacles, not just dying from the tentacle’s appearing. In short, enemies don't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance."

So how is this supposed to reduce the drop chances? If DE took away the Power Strength requirement, they made the drop rates a flat 400% (maximum,) right??? They wouldn't jerk us by taking the requirement away and putting the drop rate to only 100% - that would be a slap in the face to the players, and I'm sure DE respects us better than to do that. Yes or no?

It would be absolutely GREAT but Tentacle Swarm is probably one of the most unreliable skills in the game.

Before writing back to this update i ve tested new hydro augment in survival.

Hydro has just 12 tentacles. Just 4 or 5 get in contact with enemys. That result in a big down rate of drops. In survival it is no longer posseble to stay with hydro  in mission without activating livesupport in the first 5 min of survival mission. After that i should be mor porblematic to surviv. 

Hydro is no longer of use in Survival. Give him the dropchace back. 

[*]The drop rates from the Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will no longer be affected by Power Strength.

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons oh who am I kidding.

Back to the depths, Cthulhuframe returns.

[*]The Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will now generate drops for enemies that are slain being held by tentacles, not just dying from the tentacle’s appearing. In short, enemies don't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance.

Cool.

Not worth the nerf, though.

[*]Mag’s Greedy Pull Augment Mod will no longer pull Syndicate Medallions.

Why? Really, why?

I mean, I knew it probably wasn't intended functionality (being a new thing), but what negative impact did that have on anything?

(Serious question.)

[*]The Chesa Kubrow’s Retrieve ability will now grab multiple items at once.

So, Chesa's slightly less outmatched by Carrier/Prime, now.

Alright.

Yay for fixes, but would've skipped this hotfix if I could.

Edited by Chroia

Increase the number of tentacles or make it so that we're able to use multiple Tentacle Swarms simultaneously. Otherwise, the ability is still worse off than it was before. 

-Builds for max range and duration

-Several tentacles spawn on the wall and ceiling

-Now wait 50s to use the ability again so that you might get good positioning for another set of tentacles

This "buff" in a nutshell.

Or max duration and minimum range and deny a hallway.

That's the only thing that is keeping me from completely dropping Hydroid, at least until I give it a try.

i see every farm helping augment is getting kinda nerfed.... may i ask buffing those that are not exactly helpful? in example divebomb vortex, they are knocked inwards, but by so little it doesnt worth the mod, contagion clound being punny and swinging line could do something more interesting... not going to mention fracturing crush as they are still able to shoot

RIP hydroid

Maybe he can hook up with mag they should have a lot in common to talk about. Like them feels then they get pounded into the ground with the nerf hammer.

one does not simply get away with progression-speeding abilities ;)

How about considering we're now back down to a maximum of 300% lootrate (Hydroid + nekros) we actually FINALLY get a fix for Nekros not being able to target drones? yes i know they leave no corpse, but it's still mechanically infuriating when your main frame is Nekros and you need a stance mod which drops exclusively from a single rare drone type in the game (best example? Gleaming Talon!)

I get why Hydroid had to go, he pretty much completely bypassed the main sales argument of the paid Resource Boosters. And in that regard, yes, his numbers were too high. Then again, this will AGAIN increase the difficulty in scraping together crappy mods to use as fusion material for upgrades. i'd imagine at this point it's pretty damn difficult for newer players to get their serration, vitality, transient fortitude, narrow minded and other 10-level mods maxxed out.

And let's be honest, the fusion core packs offered on the market CRY for an overhaul. A single guaranteed gold core for 75 plat with a nice side of RNG POSSIBLY at a 2,4% chance granting two more gold cores? (if the 60% and 40% chances from the wiki are correct) is a terrible terrible deal. You can buy golden cores from players farming them on triton and in T4 survival for like 1 plat each (average 5 for 4 cores, so 1,25 would be the ratio). Kinda beats your market offer by several miles.

How about a different idea? Keep the Fusion cores System as it is. But additionally, i mean, we have a system called "Affinity" representing our experience points. how about mods automatically VERY slowly upgrade with playtime, actual in-mission time, not exp which can still be abuse-grinded with mesa.

Maybe, if the loot rates hadn't taken such massive blows, people would never have resorted to scratch the game for abuse cases, like viver, like cerberus, like e-gate, like draco. Continously attacking the "loot caves" people find, simply won't work. I thought, after no changes had been made for what felt like half a year, that we were finally past that kind of patching. Because let's face it, the people willing to invest 5 forma into a hydroid for the best possible farming, PROBABLY wont then juice up their farming with a paid booster.

Please fix my beloved Nekros, and please find a way to bring back an atmossphere that doesnt feel like everything is getting less and less achievable without monetized items.

how was it wrong? 3.84x drop rate was too OP?

people act like they'll melt if anything is above sub-par. I keep thinking all these players and forumgoers are Lemongrab from adventure time. frickin rediculous. Ya'll wanna nerf every freaking frame and weapon, then just let WF die.

Edited by Edgarhighman

Ofc it was too much. Everything above Nekros is too much.

But Nekros can slice corpses before desecrate. Let's nerf him too?

Really, it seems that all these people who saying that this change is good never even played Hydroid. Range isn't work on him because of stupid targeting of tentacles, more range - more spread and less enemies captured with tentacles. Duration isn't work either - we even can't cancel Tentacle Swarm, so it is hard to use in something that is not camp. Year of Quality, yeah...

• Fixed the Ogris’ rockets not exploding properly when used with the Adhesive blast Mod.

uh... are you sure you mean the Ogris?

Because last I checked, that's a problem the Tonkor was having, and the Ogris couldn't even use Adhesive Blast. (because rockets =/= grenades)

Edited by CrogenitorSeims

DE say they want to reduce grind walls one day and nerf legitimate ways of grinding next day. Never change, DE!

I couldn't of said it better

and if this is a reactionary nerf to how ridiculous farming ophelia and the 4th natah mission is, the problem isnt that hydroid/nekros combo can make ridiculous loot, its how often the enemies spawn in that tileset, and that the heavy gunners seem to have a guaranteed rare and mod drop. I was farming there and enemies were spawning 30 meters away without being behind a door or anything, they just appeared. Combine that with a never-ending stream of enemies that drop rares extremely often and you can farm it extremely easy..

although not anymore. 

So now what is Pilphering Swarm? Pickpocketing Puddle???  Why do you guys keep making things that do great things, and then nerf them back to the resting state of the pendulum? Its as if you want the game to be a certain way, and you only introduce fantastic stuff to later bring them down to redundancy with nerfs. if you want the game to rest in the midle then stop putting more powerful additions in it - putting them in and then nerfing them is just making people disappointed and angry/

So what Mag could Greedy Pull medallions - so that would be something she could do as part of her Augment.

So what Hydroid could generate 400% drop rate - it still resulted in a bunch of junk drops anyway. Was it embarrassing for players to discover that even with Hydroid the drop tables were still frustratingly weighted? In any case, that was a skill enhanced by a mod that it took a certain amount of work to get. Once again you've shown your lack of respect for players by negatively altering something they have worked to acquire and was using to some utility. There is an obvious lack of care whether millions of people are happy with something - it is rudely ignored and awful things are done anyway.

This, just like most of the other unnecessary nerfs in the past two years have not made the game balanced in anyway; did nothing to improve player experience; does not address the grind, but actually has made it worse; and do not reduce the need to farm for resources - which I think you (DE) are taking a ridiculous stance on. You made a game that requires a massive amount of resources in order to progress. Then you made it a grind to get them, and then you have the nerve to take a dim view on people farming to get them. You seem to want people to wait forever for advancements and think they should be satisfied with slow drips and drabs. The wait is already long enough. Things take too long to drop. Things take too long in the foundry. You cannot have that attitude against farming and think Warframe is going to continue to be successful. At some point people get tired of being inhibited - BY FORCE - and when they realize it is by design (for example "weighted RNG", backing off of high powered actions with nerfs;  introducing mediocre items - like Equinox...) they just go somewhere they can rely on to allow them steady, and quicker progress.

"Mag is only useful with greedy pull." Continues to annhilate everything arfter augment change.

"Hydroid is only useful with pilfering swarm." Riiiiight..... So I guess that all those times we played him before augments were even a thing, we were just being useless. Now if people would kindly read the changes:

• The drop rates from the Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will no longer be affected by Power Strength.

A) "Power strength increases drop rate." Yeah I would say that was not intended, so this is probably a fix rather then a change.

• The Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will now generate drops for enemies that are slain being held by tentacles, not just dying from the tentacle’s appearing. In short, enemies don't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance.

B) This is actualy helpful for you. It means that anything that comes in contact with your tentacles has an added drop rate. This way you'll probably get more loot then before as more enemies get affected.

These frames were viable before augments and continue to be viable without augments.

I was playing as mag the other day, and someone commented in the chat "oh, it's funny how some people don't know about mag's greedy pull nerf"

Like all of a sudden she's completely rendered useless and if anyone uses her she's a burden to the team. It's honestly stupid how people in this game see everything "black and white".

glorious thanks for nerfing a loot ability on a frame where a loot ability makes sense!

seriously anyone else bugged how a necromancer has an ability dedicated to looting but a pirate (the theme screams loot frame) needs an augment?

anyways DE thanks for nerfing hydroid even after a ton of negative feed back about it and also proving you have no idea how the mechanics of his ult work just goes to show how much you really care about us an making every frame matter :D