Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Primes (Nekros/Tigris/Galatine) revealed at Tennocon! + Discusssion and Fedback

Vali

I wanted to throw in a bit of feedback regarding the concept art of Nekros Prime shown at TennoCon...

Cm8XAlhXgAQVsTt.jpg

Cm8iowXVMAA39JF.jpg

... there is something about the helmet I just do not like much at all. 

Nekros's default, Raknis and Shroud helmets all have a very ominous appearance which fits well with the whole "grim reaper" aesthetic.  But the primed Nekros helmet shown here just does not seem "in-character" with Nekros at all, and it reminds me more of Mesa's Longhorn helmet than anything. 
GunslingerAltHelmet.png

I'm hoping this helmet will get another look and be given a more sinister appearance before release.  Thanks for your consideration.

It looks like that's a render, not concept art, so the helmet isn't gonna change. I think it' supposed to resemble part of an animal skull, but I agree that it doesn't come across very well. It reminds me more of Orphid Saryn's helmet.

Wargargbl! And I just forma'd my Sancti Tigris again.

Still, Nekros and Tigris prime look nice. I have a weird feeling about the prime galatine though. As it looks on the picture it looks more like a thin spear-like stabby thing and really not a sword slashy thing. Other than that it looks good too.

31 minutes ago, Brachion said:

I think it' supposed to resemble part of an animal skull, but I agree that it doesn't come across very well. It reminds me more of Orphid Saryn's helmet.

Yes, now that you mention it, it does have a shape reminiscent of Saryn's Orphid helmet. 

If it's supposed to resemble an animal skull, I think there are ways to make that look more sinister as well... just some general ideas here, but I'm thinking more along the lines of these would provide a "darker" veneer...

skull-devil-bad-danger-comedy-abstract-a

653793127cf97f5d1a2ddceb0740aace.jpg

demon_skull_by_deathsprodigy.jpg
Anyway, these are just some examples of general skull shapes that I think might be more sinister and imposing and be a better fit for Nekros.  Food for thought.

Edited by (PS4)Knightfyre

We've got this huge pile of neglected old Prime weapons and weak standard weapons victimized by power creep that no one uses, and what gets Primed?

One of the very top-tier melee weapons, and perhaps THE top-tier shotgun. The day Sancti Tigris first came out, I sold one for something like 250p, and it might have been more; my memory's a bit fuzzy. Galatine was the #1 supreme room-trasher for a good long while, too. I often used it on Volt with my friend playing Banshee to clear ODD quickly.

It seems pointless to me to Prime weapons that are already some of the best available, while leaving the others to languish.

I use some of the old and obscure weapons on a regular basis, like the Latron Prime, which I enjoy using with Banshee. I wish some of the old weapons that frankly suck would get Primed, or looked over and adjusted. But then again, there's Spira Prime, which was Primed like six months after it was released....

Edited by Kastorius

1 hour ago, Zerathos_Dagon said:

Wargargbl! And I just forma'd my Sancti Tigris again.

Still, Nekros and Tigris prime look nice. I have a weird feeling about the prime galatine though. As it looks on the picture it looks more like a thin spear-like stabby thing and really not a sword slashy thing. Other than that it looks good too.

Bet my mortgage the Sancti will be better than the prime. The syndicates shotguns are the best in the game by far. Either way I'm hyped for a Nekros Prime because... free aura polarity!!! Lol

War you will be missed, but I am sorry.

Galatine welcome back to the most used weapon slot. :)

* Galatine is one of my favorite weapons and I used up until I was Mastery Rank 12, amazing weapon but after I discovered Nikana Prime it took lead. *

I was anticipating Nekros, wasn't really expecting Tigris, but...GALATINE PRIIIME! IVE BEEN PRAYING AGES FOR THIS! Tired of all these small little melee weps and their ridiculous animations that cant even be appreciated with mods like Fury and Berserker. Thanks DE, I was never this hyped before.

I hope thatthe Mortos prime is included with the frame or the regular Mortos is primed when put on Nekros prime. Otherwise if it is a prime accessory only available through prime access then I hope there is a prime armor set to go with it.