Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Now a Tetralogy!

[DE]Megan

Disappointing and at the same time kinda "good" news. However, since i was expecting U19 somewhere in June or early July, and since you gave me SOTR patch, which killed whole interest to this game...do whatever you need to do and whenever you need to do. I'll forma Titania in couple hours, will enjoy her for  couple days and then i will forget about her existance. Same with Warrior Within quest.
Anyway, thanks!

I learned programming ofcorse im not the one programmer to know it all but far i know there is no perfect build noone can ever build a such so you can use this excuse as far as you want  : ] just dont drow insane promises to our eyes and then we wait 8-9 month without content [and no wepons are not content they promised story missions, ship expansions etc] 

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

[...]

We can’t thank you enough for all your patience and support as we crunch away at The War Within. [...]

I really didn't want to be salty, but you are thanking the X thousands of players, who left since SotR? And the millions who are waiting still for the next update since december, even though promises said that you would release big updates faster than before, which was 1 update for every 3 months?

To be honest, it would be worth the wait if it was almost bug-free. But in SotR you have showed that even 15 hotfixes couldn't fix everything. So could the people who usually say "oh yeah, they need time to make it less buggy" just not say that anymore, please?

Less wait, more update, Tenno. Just wait a bit more.

Well. With all the cursing and throwing random stuff at the wall finished here.

DE ladies and gents, you messed up. Royally. Colossally and grandly.

Megan, please be so kind to tell Steve he can't remind players about money after six months without an upgrade.

And while there please tell Scott that diverting people form Warframe development is a really bad idea.

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

These long anticipated and discussed features were so well received by you guys in the community we couldn’t help but mirror the excitement.

from what i read....most of werente thaat exited about those changes....

Well TWW won't be out until I go back to high school .You promised it first in July and we all knew that it won't come out then and now you put it to September. 8 months without any big quests, sine I started playing actually. Well the only thing I can say is that I am disappointed because we don't even know if it will get released in september

I don't want to be too harsh on the devs but you really aren't doing anything right

I even wanted to spend my plat on the pack that would have came out with TWW but 1 more month of waiting is so bad. Fairy frame quest better be good and soon

Steve is saying that he wants us to get in all of the 3rd part of the update but we all know that he is just buying cheap time 

It's ok if you have to postpone its release, but atleast don't give us false hopes. Back when Second Dream was released, you promised us atleast THREE cinematic quests in 2016. We have reached half of this year and not even one of them got released. Then you promised us the War Within for June, and you decided to split it in three parts instead. I was okay with that, but then it came to July and you said it was better to push it to August. "It's okay, if they need more time" I said to myself. And now we are in August and you are pushing it again to September... But is it really Semptember? I don't even know now.
I love this game and I've loved everything you guys have done for it, even the not-so-loved SoTR update got me excited and I simply love the new fissure system. But face it: everyone here is mostly interested in the QUEST. Lunaro is a fine addition, SoTR is very cool thanks to the starchart rework and the fissures stuff... But you promised us a quest. Almost everyone on this community all that ever wanted was more story and lore in this game.
At this point of time, it better be as good as three quests put together, since you promised us three and we are getting only one.

Are you serious. Really. Yet another delay and split. Please DE I love this game, but I would rather you say "Will get to when we feel like getting to it. that make empty promises. about ETA's. Not to mention I'm disappointed that the Syndicate melee weapons are yet again another remodel of weapons we already have when so many of the community have asked that they be original content.

15 minutes ago, Sunctity said:

-snip-

Suncity, its not a matter of that they like it or not, its because they are breaking the rules of the froms, Dev-Bashing, Disrespectful Language and Non-Constructive Feedback, this is why comments are getting removed.   

Edited by LegionCynex

I'm so hyped for The War Within, but Deus Ex: Mankind Divided comes out on August 23, and WoW: Legion on August 30, and these are the games I'm also waiting for. And now it looks like The War Within will be released after August 23, which makes me sad...

I don't know about you guys, but I think DE needs to take a lesson from this: don't make too much content for one update. Update 19 is EXTREMELY ambitious. What, with a whole starchart rework, Prime acquisition rework, a new companion type, a new tileset, a new acquired-via-quest Warframe, another lore-heavy cinematic quest and a whole bunch of other things we don't even know about. Oh, and also that sport I tried once and returned to my hiatus. I think it was called Lunarus...?

Update 17, as an example, had only a new Warframe (admittedly a complicated one), a reworked Tyl Regor in a tileset that was made back in 16.5, an existing gamemode transferred to a new environment (sharkwing), an additional mod slot with new mods and changes to existing mods to fit in it (Exilus), Shotgun buffs, Frost changes, basic stat changes but most notably Parkour 2.0, which I believe was the most significant part of the update. There was the Natah quest, but that wasn't even released with the first update as it wasn't ready. How long a gap was it between Update 17 and Update 16? Four months.

Update 16 was even smaller, with only a Warframe (also obtained via quest), the Sanctuary, the first raid, Cephalon capture and tons of quality changes... and that was it. But we were still happy with it, weren't we? Try not to go too big with your updates, or these 8-month delays will happen. It's taken way too long considering the original July ETA and I'm not even sure if I'm all that exited for The War Within anymore. I know there's things I don't know about how making a game works but bringing out hopes up for July and then pulling an "oh wait no it's August" only to AGAIN delay it is gut-wrenching.

I want more complicated stuff for WW, besides the modding system. Focus was a good start at something new although it wasn't expanded upon which made me sad. Still excited! I wonder what those queens are up to? I have a feeling part 2  of WW will come in september and part 1 in 2 weeks...Anything can happen 

20 hours ago, Skaleek said:

An update slated originally for June is now 1 in june, 1 in july, 1 in august, 1 unknown. Have you guys considered possibly revisiting how you set up your timelines and timetables? If you're 4 months late on an update (im not complaining about the delay) you are seriously off your mark in terms of when you had aimed for, and its starting to become quite concerning. Not to mention Warframe wednesday has slowly and more consistently become warframe thursday (patch days). I dont mind delays, but it does get a little tiresome when you're told over and over this is the day only to be no where near surprised to see massive delays. This has become the norm, and I think that's a bad thing.

dicaprio.jpg

And I bet the update will be released with monstruous bugs and glitches. Since the latest updates I can't believe in this "we need time to polish the game" argument. Well, my hype just died a little bit (more).

Thanks for the info anyway.

Thanks for the informative post @[DE]Megan!

Also thank you guys for always being transparent with us and not leaving us in the dark! With that being said, I'm more than sure many of us don't mind waiting! Despite we might not say it much, but you guys really have given us these past few months so much making it a pretty kickass summer so far for Warframe. So when The War Within is ready, it'll be ready. I can only really speak for myself, but I definitely don't mind waiting.

If anything, it makes me rather at ease knowing you guys really want to iron everything out for this huge quest so I can trust that when it does debut it'll be great! c;

Anyways, cheers guys!~
RftlQaRl.png

Edited by HalfDarkShadow