Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Idea Sandbox.

[DE]Rebecca

Not sure if this idea has come up in this thread, and net is too slow to read every page, so....here goes:

Firstly, mission type. Secondly, possible Dojo upgrade/s (to add to the import of being in a Clan)

MISSION:

Point Defense - extension of Crossfire-type.

Concept - You need to reach a choke point in a Crossfire map (though it can also be vs Infested). Once there, it functions as a semi-endless / endless mission....... You have to either kill a certain amount of enemies (both sides, as the idea is that you are having to keep the two sides apart for a certain time period) per round, or keep the two sides apart for a certain amount of time. This can be in the form of Waves, or a literal endless stream, as in Survival.

Background - Possible Tenno recovery team is down in the area trying to recover an Artifact / lost Tenno pod, etc and you need to keep both sides off them.

ROOMS in DOJO:

1: Armoury Room - This would be either built into or an Extension of the Sparring room or the room in my next point, The Range.

In this Armoury, you'd have a station (or better, 2-4 stations) that link to your personal Armoury when activated, allowing you to switch weapons / frames / companions etc so that you don't have to constantly exit and re-enter the Dojo to dual someone with different loadouts.

2: The Range - Basically a shooting range, but configurable to test 1 of 5 independent damage sources and could come with/be prerequisite for Armoury;

A)       Warframe Ability damage/effectiveness

B1/2) Main / Secondary damage and effectiveness

C)     Melee specific effectiveness

D)    Companion (Mechanical and Bio) damage and effectiveness.

This would be a Clan Exclusive, like the the research in the Labs. Only Clanners can actually use it. It would allow people to make and test builds (for effectiveness / damage / utility / range) against whatever enemy type is selected before entering the Firing Range. The enemies would be static models with no innate Attack commands, just there as dummies to test on, with a screen nearby to display average damage/attack speed/proc chance etc over time for the Tenno using it.

Hope you look at this....and even if not all of it is considered, I hope that parts of it can be used in future concepts.

Before, I posted about my viewpoint that more variants of mission types should be added over adding completely new ones, but since then I think I've managed to create a new mission type that utilizes Warframe's movement systems:

Preservation

• Objective - There are a series of enemy Endo generators in the area. Siphon their Endo and deposit it at a Tenno-deployed Repository.
  • Rules - Endo carried by your Warframe will slowly drain; you must siphon it from the generators and get to the Repository as fast as possible. If all the Endo in your party has dispersed, the mission will be a failure. Any amount of Endo stored at the Repository will enable extraction. Enemies may drop a unique pick-up that can momentarily halt the Endo drain, rewarding players who can still kill and collect while on the move.
  • Obstacles - Unique tiles for this mission would be Obstacle Course tiles. These tiles would present elaborate puzzles or require proper navigation to get through. Similar to Spy Vaults, the correct method of overcoming an individual tile would change each time, as it could have the proper method of completion be apart of the random generation system. You would have to complete these obstacles courses while harassed by enemies as well.
  • Rewards The amount of Endo you manage to contribute to the Repository determines the grade of your reward at the end of the mission. This amount is determined based upon the rank of the node, with reward pools also being on a per-node basis. Depositing no Endo will result in no reward, aside from anything you acquired in the mission (can only happen in Coop, as not having Endo will fail you in Solo).
  • Additionally, there could be a 'Par' amount of Endo to achieve the greatest reward for the node, which encourages players to improve their mobility skills.
  • Side Objectives - There are enemy vaults hidden throughout the mission that can only be opened by charging them with Endo. You can risk opening them for an additional reward at the end of the mission, however if you do not deposit any Endo at the Repository, you will not retain the reward. Only those who contribute Endo to these vaults are eligible for their content, but only if the vault is opened.

Easy.

VIP_DEFENSE

the point of this mission type is to defend a hostage (for single player) or to defend a player (if it's more than 1 player playing)

And it's basically a survival but if the hostage or player goes down the player received a nerf in their Warframe for a lengthy amount of time (1-2 minutes) such as decreased health, a decrease in shield or energy gain, slowed movement, or less damage output.

When 5 minutes have passed the players can choose to extract or continue (kinda like the when you finish 5 waves on a defense)

In addition if it's more than 1 player the vip will change every 5 rounds. (For ex. Player 1 is vip, after 5 rounds player 2 is vip, after 10 rounds it's player 4 and so on.)

DE, we have 7 or 8 mission types already. If you're going to add more, which I'm fine with, then instead of directly implementing it into the game, combine it with a current mission type. I actually think we should have combined mission types all the time, with each mission giving some kind of lore. So many nodes on each planet, most of them do basically the same thing on different levels, which at the levels us players are at, really makes no difference. I feel just as godly at level 20 than level 30. Repurpose those missions that have little reward into the quest versions so that we could redo quests at any time while playing unique mission types. As for a new mission type, I have a few ideas I'll post later.

Void/moon - "tonnage" - hybridization of hijack and mobile defense 

Objective - Travel with the cargo into security checkpoints, use terminal to bypass, protect terminal as lotus hacks, travel and repeat two more times. For moon, it'll be a bumpier version and the gates could use the void time rift or the same way in second dream to move moon but a miniature version.

Idea - I always wanted a Ceres defense where it continously travels as you protect but its a switch position defense, hijack corpus is fun but short and not many enemies to engage or kills the vechile to fast. I'd like to see a deeper inner heart of Orokin technology while travelling down a tubular but exposed area where you protect cargo. Feel or see more of neural sentry's "presence" 

___

Any - endless - "thunderclap" 

Objective: Hack certain systems to activate shields or cannons from hitting the area you're in, enemies will try to stop you and try to turn off terminal(s). 

If spaceship - cannons vs another ships AA missiles or vs asteroids 

Planet outpost - shields vs bombardment or retaliation to buy time. 

After a number of successful counters, go or stay interception/defense style screen

Idea: I wanted a mission where I feel helpless not by enemy level but by their enforcement. Mixing an old school defender game with Warframe's history seemed an awesome thing to imagine. I remember in one of the formorian events you could see it in the planet's horizon, I miss it, so why not other ships with interaction to landscape.

Edited by (PS4)Killerworld

I would make an archwing mission called archwing recovery you must fight the bal formaians or whatever the grineer fleet is has captured your ship and you must get it back. Tons of traps enemies loot secret loot which drop you have to get the key which is on a nearby foramian flagship you land on the ship and switch into normal mode sneak your way through the security which is like moon vault security but not that hard. then you go archwing again and the lotus says we cant pinpoint the exact location of your ship so she gives you an area to search. After you find your ship(s) if your in a squad of course. The formaion laser thing locks on to you and you have to fly the ship manually avoiding lasers and shooting your ships cannon depending on the ship you have your stats vary. Also depending on ship depends on what weapon you have for example Liset has a laser beam. If your ship gets blown up Odis will say goodbye operator and the mission is a fail. You will have to restart from finding your ship again. Also you can 't just click on the mission and have it happen each archwing mission that is grineer has 50% chance of your ship begin taken and you have to do the above,

I feel we should have some kind of high replayability mix of survival/defensive game mode (let's call it horde mode) like CoD zombies, Left 4 Dead 2, Killing Floor, etc. where you actually try to survive and have a sense of desperation and fear of the horde, without having to worry about running out of oxygen or killing enough for oxygen packs or whatever.  And similar to Left 4 Dead 2, we should have occasional variants to the horde appearing such as our version of the Tank, Juggernaut and of course Juggernaut Behemoth.

Being able to barricade and hole up some place would be nice too. Fixing up barricades, blocking up routes, opening and shutting/locking doors, etc. Activating traps like laser doors, electric hallway/floor, vacuum room, explosive caches, etc. Of course, it'll depend on the maps. There could be small cramp maps (like a building?) for camping/barricading survival. Medium size maps for running around evading the hordes. Large maps to advance area by area.

Instead of playing as the warframe, we'd have to play as our vulnerable operator without any warframe powers or mobility, no bullet jumping, just sprinting/sliding/rolling. Maybe not even wallclimbing, just put up ladders or whatever.

To deal with the scaling, instead of infinite time, make it a timer so that we try to survive for 30 minutes until extraction, which puts a cap to the scaling. Maybe multiple modes of difficulty, 15/30/60 minutes. While we're at it, let there be a regular squad size mode and even a raid size mode with increased difficulty.

Obviously, it gets harder as time passes and not every squad can make it. In fact, it should be challenging enough such that everyone should not always succeed. We can revive fallen teammates, but once dead we shouldn't be able to revive for like 5 minutes or even a permanent death. Teamwork and sticking together should be strongly encouraged.

It's called horde mode............ because it's hard.

New Mission Type: Point Runner

Style: A movement-heavy mission mode similar to a Survival/Sabotage/Defense mission

Mission Description: Players would spawn on one side of a relatively long and linear map, with the alarms already on, with highly increased enemy spawns with the goal of destroying/hacking several items on the tileset in a specific order, while all the while fighting off gigantic "Survival" style infinite waves of enemies from an already alerted state. Randomized lockdowns as well as presence of archwing air-support enemies would also occur, attempting to hamper the players from reaching their next goal while trying to stay ahead of the rapidly building enemy hordes they leave behind them. Once all points have been hacked/destroyed, they proceed to an extraction area containing 2 life support capsules, where they must survive for 5 minutes until the Lotus can give extraction. After the 5 minutes are up, the extraction point works as normal and can extract with all players present.

Tileset Suggestion: Possible for all tilesets except Desert Planet and Earth Forest, prioritize Eris infested ship tileset with increased "outside space" sections

Enemy Faction; Possible for all factions, prioritize Infested
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Mission Type: Board

Style: Blend of Archwing and boots-on-the-ground action involving fighting your way through a small tileset and then jumping into space to utilize your archwing to reach the next ground combat area. Mix of Sabotage and Exterminate mission type.

Mission Description: Players spawn with the objective of wiping out enemy forces and taking control of a small convoy of enemy vessels. They would fight their way through an initial ground combat area before reaching the outer sections of the ship to finish off enemy combatants. Once the ship is clean, they must proceed to the bridge of the ship and hack into their computer mainframe, rerouting the ship. Once the ship is taken by the Tenno, they must leave the ship via an airlock that works as a transit into Archwing mode and fly to the next ship, dealing with their hull turrets and flying enemies until they reach the enemy airlock and board the ship. Once boarded, they must again wipe out all enemies and hack into the bridge. Once they hack into their second command bridge, they are given the option to extract, but can continue through the mission if they wish to take over the grand total of five ships. On every ship there is a secret Cache that can be located as an optional secondary objective which can reward relics or resources.

Tileset Suggesstion: Grineer Galleon, Corpus Ship, Infested Ship

Enemy Faction: Grineer, Corpus, Infested

VIP protection:

Lotus: Tenno, one of our most venerated brethren(a generic Guide of the Lotus or a founder)/Darvo/Clem/Maroo has been caught in an ambush. We can not afford to lose them. You are to join them and break the entrapment. Protect our family, Tenno. 

1.Players fight through the tileset until they reach the VIP

2.Cue cutscene of VIP injured, but standing/sitting/kneeling on/making a pile of corpses. Darvo/Maroo will be taking cover, weapon out but will not have killed all enemies. Clem will have painted grakatas on the wall in blood or something.   

3.VIP will universally be unable to preform advanced parkour maneuvers, but will have access to basic movement, as well as scaling weapons. Tenno will have powers, Darvo/Maroo can hack corpus assets, Clem has Grakatas.  (VIP is injured, but still battle ready)

4. Players will navigate the tileset to the extraction point, however, in addition to standard enemies, minibosses will spawn to take out the VIP. (Acolytes+Stalker/Bursa squads and Hyena Packs+Zanuka/Rathuum executioners+Gustrag 3)<-Potential Examples 

5. Sub bosses can be intercepted in multiple ways, such as players going ahead to trigger spawns in order to preemptively defeat them,  Locating and destroying/hacking teleprtation beacons, creating "impassible" enviromental Hazards. Final boss will always spawn however. 

Extra fun:

Very low chance of the Tenno being exfiltrated being named Steve. Enemies during the mission will be harder than usual, but Steve will have an ancient relic weapon from the Pre Orokin era called the "Nerf Bat". Upon successfully completing the mission, in addition to standard rewards, Tenno will recieve a cosmetic known only as Beanie, equippable on frames, pets, and sentinels. 

@[DE]Steve Hue

Edited by ArchangelusAlpharius

These days I was thinking about something that can fit Warframe very well, since we have got archwing (I kinda don't like archwing since I thought our ships would be what we would use on this kind of missions, but was a really good concept and I respect that, and lunaro.. I've not experienced it yet due to no interest, but I'll soon) anyway, maybe some kind of "Race" mission/event (pod race) to break the repetitive gameplay just like The Index did (I loved The Index), each player having their own hovering racing pod/vehicle (that can eventually have their own skins as well). .

How does it work? : Basically, you will have new maps, special maps just for racing (like the arena and the index did), It can as well be competitive, exemple: ''4 player and 4 Npcs'', every one of the 4 players competing against themselves and against grineers/corpus making it a race with 8 competitors.

The map itself can have speed boosters, and maybe in-race weapons to slow down the opponent example: electric charge to turn off another engine for X. seconds, etc. (Or maybe the pods itself have their own kinds of powers just like warframes, and the only in-race pickups are Energy orbs and others).

Maps Exemples: Deep space(kuiper belt), Earth forest, Underwater grinner tunnels( glass tunnel or something so players can see they are under water), Void space(maybe), Ice world(europe/pluto etc), Desert world(Mars/Phobos etc).

How does the vehicle work?: Rovering using thrust rockets under it or magnetic

Winners? : 

1st: Random New rare mods 'add item' and credits:credits:*

2nd: Random New uncommon mods and credits:credits:*

3rd:  Random New normal mods and credits:credits:*

4th: Credits:credits:*

*Every place gets a different quantity of credits, Mods are not related to the race, only warframes and or weapons.

Note: If DE finds it to fit perfectly on Warframe, any idea said can be re-edited, I think myself that it can be a fun competitive event or mission to play and sorry any grammar fail :satisfied:.

Combo missions.

Example

CAPTURE an informant to get hold of the location of the prisoner you need to RESCUE. After the rescue they will come to get their prisoner back so you need to DEFEND incoming waves of enemies. When done you need to EXTERMINATE the remaining enemies and SABOTAGE the facility and head to extraction.

Endless Void Exterminate:

You are given a set number of enemies to kill, like a regular exterminate. After they are all dead, a random boss from the game is corrupted spawns (any boss in the game, regardless of faction, baring massive bosses like Lephantis). You track them down and kill them, that triggers the end of the round, and you can extract or start the next round which functions the same way (kill X number of enemies, track down the new, random boss and move on).

Benefits: It promotes moving around instead of camping. People that just want to fight enemies, instead of wasting time protecting objectives or hunting for life support can. It gives a lot of the lesser fought bosses in the game a new purpose. Since the bosses will always be changing up, it adds much needed variety to the grind. Etc. 

How about a non-endless defense mission where you hold a keep of some sort? Either for your own artifact extraction, or data upload, or evacuation.

It'll be in three stages, in three spots. You defend each one from stronger and stronger enemies. If one falls, you retreat to the next one. The second one is stronger than the first, and the third is stronger than the first and second. There are emplacements like barricades and autoturrets.

Enemy waves come as ground troops, but there is a huge opportunity to add in enemy vehicles. Air vehicles, as well as small tanks, would be focused units that could quickly destroy your fortifications. It's also an opportunity to have larger maps.

Think of it like another alternate, non-endless version of defense. Imagine you're defending a fortress in a canyon as rebels make a cowardly escape, or you extract caches of artifacts.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

End Game Idea ?

Just thought of it, dont have a name for it. Just wanted to post the idea to get some feedback?

So I was thinking A Survival, Mobile Defense, Spy and Rescue all in one. Basicly a survival, while rescuing hostages, then defending extraction to extract hostages, in different areas of the map, then hacking terminals to find the next hostage location... thoughts? good idea or nah? 

Cosmetics could be a reward?

Sniper Wars

Type-> Non endless mission, PvE or Pvp

Objective-> Find and Destroy from afar enemy Machinery of various kinds and eliminate the enemies.
This could be phased also, first find and destroy a couple of switchs, then a power source, then some alarms or any other type of machines and finally eliminate all enemies.
The players would always be separate from the enemies and objectives at least on 50 meter range.
Otherwise wouldn't be sniper wars or a long range sabotage.

It would be necessary new arenas\maps for this type of mission having grinner and orokin towers, and corpus on icy cannions with 4 or more levels in height that provide diferent options of cover in each level, and some objectives can only be spotted\taken out from certain areas on each level from each side. Between the 2 towers, or cannion sides, the side the player attack would be ramdom and each side with their specific quirks.
Of course there would be a lot of enemy snipers(maybe even a new enemy sniper for each faction :P) and only ranged units for this fights obviously,turrets and other long range weapons also.

Enemies would keep spawning until all the machines\alarms are destroyed, after that, kill the remaining enemies so they can't inform the rest as usual.
For aditional loot and extration a bridge or some zip lines could connect 2 sides after completing all objectives.

This could also be adapted for PvP, by having players on both sides of the towers\bases it could be a simple sniper death match,only snipers allowed, or the objectives instead of machines could be cephalons the ones who kill the oposite team cephalons faster would win. 5 or more wandering cephalons on each side.
Players obviously can also be killed and would have a respawning cooldown..

Some of warframe powers would be useless in this type of match, altough it would be a different experience and provide some variety from the usual gameplay.

I have some ideas, I hope the DE and community likes them (also idk if this ideas were already said).

last-rank syndicate mission (General, Maxim, Genius, Exalted, Flawless, Partner only): assassination, lvl 70-80

Syndicate leader: An enemy syndicate battalion managed to infiltrate in a ship of vital importance, your objective, tenno, is to find and kill all the hostiles and their leader before they destroy the ship with a bomb.

A mission with time limit, the tenno has 9 minutes (maybe less, maybe more) to hack a high-guarded terminal without being detected (like a spy mission but with 1 terminal) to detect where the enemy's leader is, after that, the tenno has find and kill the enemy leader to obtain a key to deactivate a bomb in the reactor, at the end, they have to kill all the enemies alive to recapture the ship.

The leader has always a high lvl, maybe 80, it's weapon depends of the syndicate (it's uses the syndicate special weapon), the special attack depends of the associated effect (the 1k corrosive damage of new loka, for example), he can summon the specters that the syndicate offers (moas if it's the perrin sequence, for example).

syndicate mission: Escort (archwings)

Syndicate leadera transport ship was moving the population of a colony into our territory for protection, but the grineer/corpus found it, your mission is to protect the ship before the grineer/corpus capture the civilians or destroy the ship.

The mission starts inside the, your first objective is to activate the shields in 2-3 minutes, to do that you have to redirect the energy to the generators hacking some terminals around the ship (in this tileset there are people and banners of the syndicate, but you can't interact with them), after that you have to leave the ship, entering to the archwing mode, there the ship will have shields or not, depending if you managed to activate them. The ship starts moving to the objective while you have to fight the waves grineers or corpus. if the enemy destroys the generators (if they were active) the ship will be vulnerable and they will try to enter the ship with invaders (a special enemy), while the other tennos defend the ship, someone has to cover the ship's door so the invaders doesn't enter.

New Mission: Evacuation

you land in a (random) syndicate colony that is being raided by the corpus or grineer (the tileset is in the border of the colony, at the background there are buildings burning and big banners with the syndicate logo), your objective is to escort a V.I.P (with a rescue objective skin) into a transport ship while defending him of the enemy (like mobile defense), the V.I.P will have a total of 5 waves (every time a wave ends, the vip moves to the next tier, until it reaches the ship) and when it reaches the ship you'll have the opportunity to get inside the transport and extract or escort another vip into the ship.

Kuva.. where does it go?  You have a nice fortress sitting there with not much of a reason to pay it a visit once unlocking all those nodes.

Perhaps you've learned the location of a galleon heading to the fortress carrying a load of kuva but you've arrived too late to take it out. However, grineer units are transporting kuva to the surface, which you could engage via archwing. The outcome of this skirmish is still up in the air but I think it could continue down on the fortress in a sabotage mission where the goal is a large storage of kuva that must explode in some spectacular manner. You could populate the 3 grineer caches with a weeee bit of kuva for the player to take home, maybe even an extreme rare chance of a riven mod.

1- A simple bombing run in PvE.  Players have to deliver a lunaro-type bomb into the heart of a major installation.  Carying the bomb limits player movement and ability usage, so players must work together to move the bomb forward while fending off enemies.  

2- Endless archwing escort with ship boarding and on-foot assault and defense.  A team of 4 escorts a high value target through hostile territory.  Large enemy ships (frigates and the like) attempt to destroy the target with shipboard guns and deployable fighters.  Players can land on either vessel at any time to use Warframe abilities and interact with objectives on the surface of each ship (turrets, shield generators, sensor arrays, etc).  While defending components of the escorted ship, players must destroy the enemy fighters, disable the attacking ships offensive systems, and then either board the ship to take out its reactor, or board the escort target ship to fend off an enemy boarding party.  Each minor objective could be treated as a cache, granting bonus rewards per wave.  Multiple paths for eliminating the enemy ship can be implemented, akin to hot vs cold sabotage and could include objectives similar to archwing sabotage, traditional sabotage, seizing control of the bridge and guiding the ship into the sun, or simply charging up a giant cannon on your own ship and blowing them out of the sky.  Once the offending ship is taken out, a new stronger ship arrives.  Each ship represents one reward cycle.  The major gameplay mechanic is instant transitions from archwing to traditional movement, with power interactions from both crossing over to affect allies and enemies while multiple potential avenues for success and failure means players can operate as a tight knit team, or as individuals taking on varied tasks simultaneously.  A frost on foot and an amesha in the air can defend shipboard turrets from swarm fighters while an elytron takes out enemy guns, clearing a path for rhino to land his itzal in the enemy ship via a hole blasted through the hull.  With their cannons out and their archfighters dead, the enemy ship attempts to dock to deliver a boarding party.  Frost and the amesha fall back to defend that while the elytron joins rhino onboard the enemy ship where the two of them scuttle the ship reactor.

CSS(ConstantSpawnSurvival)

Map type: Defense

Spawn rate: Constantly high with no breaks, approx 24enemies per player.

Objectives:

1) Defend yourself against massive enemy crowds for N minutes(endless with 5 min interval and chance to extract menu like on defense).

2) At least one kill per minute required for party(to avoid cheesing it too much with ivara or limbo).

3) Rewards are based on total kills of party per member per 5min interval.

Reward table drafts(kills for tier=Wave+(total mobs killed/party member count) in 5 minutes) :

Tier0(under 100 kills)=Mod

Tier1(under 200 kills)=Lith relic/uncommon mod

Tier2(under 250 kills)=Meso relic/Gold mod

Tier3(under 300 kills)=Neo relic

Tier4(under 400 kills)=Axi relic

Tier5(over 400 kills)=Rare storage container spawns in place of defense objective+random relic(flawless)

Tier6(over 500 kills)=Reinforced storage container spawns in place of defense objective+random relic(radiant)

Starting mob level is always above 14. Scaling works exactly as in survival missions.

What I'd like is an end game dungeon. Like an MMO style dungeon where you fight through trash mobs to get a boss, then more trash, another boss, more trash, another boss. That sort of thing. (Kind of like Vay hek on earth where each stage of him has another boss instead. 

So here's the idea. 

4 players maximum. 

-First up, we have a bunch of Corpus to fight through. Not too hard right? 

-When you reach the boss you're locked into an area with him, kind of like the vay hek sized arena. Now for the fun part. All your weapons against this super boss do no damage. Nothing. The objective here is to lure all the oxium ospreys into blowing up while they charge at him. (would have to work out how the agro for this would work)

-Defeating the boss leads you to the next area populated entirely by mine ospreys. These however are immune to disarm as that would normally make this trivial

-On entering the next area you fight a boss with radial lasers that slowly circle him and cause immediate death so you have to keep moving while trying to avoid dying to the lasers while trash mobs try to kill you. Eventually his shields come down and you have a time to damage him before repeating the process. 

-On defeating the boss you get thrown into an alerted area where laser gates are all up and you need to kill the security camera's to disable them as you run though a gauntlet of rooms with cameras, trying to beat a timer. 

-Make it to the final boss and you get to fight nef anyo or some other corpus who's going to try and freeze the team with his freezeray opticor. Take him low enough and he berserks, firing off the gun much quicker requiring the team to dodge or die. During the berserk phase he also summons two random bursas armed with galaxions to try and slow the team from dodging.

Something like that. A gauntlet of challenges and bosses with unique mechanics that require one after the other kills to finish the mission to get good rewards. (I wouldn't say no to an arcane after what's essentially a 4 man trial) 

Deception v2 - Smooth Operator

Use your operator to disguise as enemy units and do spy-things like pass checkpoints, guards, and locked doors with security clearance for your disguise. Operators are squishy and cannot stealth-kill, so avoid doing naughty things like attacking the enemies or using powers or you become a target and set off alarms! Also you must navigate trapped rooms and sneak by detectors with void powers because this is cool to do!

The objective being you must get into the heart of a high-security compound using many different disguises and void skills to get up to a special lieutenant unit, a disguise of which is used to gain access to some objective like a password/puzzle-protected terminal.

Maybe collect disguises during a mission by scanning or activating enemies or special lockers/caches with the operator, so you cannot enter the mission with the best disguise at the beginning.

All must be done using only the operator for the best deceptive success! Warframes will be immediately detected entering the compound by detectors after the starting area and powers (like Nova teleport) do not go through them - operators can sneak through these detectors. For the possibility of enemies raising alarm due to clumsy operators, it is possible still to complete it by rushing in with warframes! Tho with a countdown timer to mission failure, many terminals to hack, and always diminished rewards.

Something like this.

Edited by Zookes

I think diversifying the mission types we have now open a huge door of possibility as well!

Defense: I love the dynamic defense mission that have been coming out recently.  Maybe taking a look at the older ones and updating the objective (because Warframes don't look like that).  I any case here are some new ideas for defense:

Saturn (but could be any planet if you change the skybox). A large transport ship is flying at high altitude.  You come in on archwing and land on its back.  The defense comes from all directions there are multiple weakpoints you have to defend as well as the ship itself.  d43qpSs.jpg

Okay now that you are done making fun of my paint skills, here's the idea of the mission.  You are escorting a transport ship full of something valuable (I prefer people as it suggests a real cost if the mission is lost.  At any time if you are a certain distance away from the ship you will don archwing.  So if you fall, or bullet jump straight up from the high points you will be able to fly and fight as archwing.  Enemies will come in two varieties, assault craft and boarding parties.  Boarding parties will try to gain access to the inside of the ship and sabotage it.  Strike craft will try to shoot you down.  The craft wont be as flat as I made it out to be, there should be little walkways and access panels, and trenches all over to provide cover.  These are all persistently destructible (20 waves on this this thing will cause it to look rough).  If the enemy target certain weak spots it will affect the ship, if the damage the ailerons, the ship will tilt heavily toward that side, if it reaches 90 degrees of tilt it nosedives upside down and mission fails.  If the thrusters are damaged the back of the ship will explode and it will lose speed, if both are destroyed it nosedives and the mission is a failure.  If the bridge is destroyed then the ship nosedives and the mission is a failure.  If the enemy board and reach the cargo bay they will try and gain access to the bridge, and kill the pilots, which will result in mission failure.  Luckily you have some help on your side, there are two AA guns on the top of the thrusters which can be either directly controlled or left on a less efficient AI gunnery mode.  If any weak points are damaged, you can enter the emergency control center and activate various protocols, like fire suppression, repair drones, hydraulic aileron correction and lockout.  You can also use some security measures, electrified bulkhead doors (prevents access to the bridge), smoke launchers (reduces accuracy of strike craft), jettison nonessential cargo (restores half of the ships health but halves your earnings at the end of the mission, doesn't become an option until you are at 25% health).  There is a cooldown on all of there features.

While in archwing there a major danger, if you are downed while in this state you will plummet to the surface, so there's no bleedout, just straight to the revive screen, reviving will have you rocket upwards from below and rejoin the fight.  Landing is done anytime you touch the top of the ship in a location you can land.

As an added dynamic, you could include different ships to protect and have them fly through terrain.  For example, on Uranus, the craft flies low to the water, this could open you up to enemies on waterborne strike craft and boarding parties on rocket jetskis.  Then may during one cluster of waves, you have to fly through those rocky outcroppings that are all over the place in the skybox.

In any  case hopefully this was at least a fun read.  

Edited by Danjal777