The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I think Mission Builder is one of the most outstanding things DE has revealed all year.

Brynslustafir

This mission build in paper sounds good but in reality more likely will be a test map builder. The real advancement would be if they give us tools to make new tiles and maps follow the theme and make new "rooms" for existing maps or just make new ones which can be added later to the game. Huge variation bonus.

The server making sounds more better.

honestly, the Drops will likely be so restricted, it may just end up being a Simulacrum, but with the Tilesets we actually use rather than a generic virtual room made by Simaris.

first thing I'm gonna do is make a survival mission called "The Lowest Circle of Hell", and fill it with Commanders, Bursas, Nullifiers, Combas, Scorches, Bombards, Hyekka Masters and Corpus Techs, all with Eximus Variants, starting at level 300. 40 minutes minimum required to pass.

I take my training very seriously....

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

honestly, the Drops will likely be so restricted, it may just end up being a Simulacrum, but with the Tilesets we actually use rather than a generic virtual room made by Simaris.

first thing I'm gonna do is make a survival mission called "The Lowest Circle of Hell", and fill it with Commanders, Bursas, Nullifiers, Combas, Scorches, Bombards, Hyekka Masters and Corpus Techs, all with Eximus Variants, starting at level 300. 40 minutes minimum required to pass.

I take my training very seriously....

Record this if you can.

I would honestly be surprised if we got any loot or affinity at all from these, but I am looking forward to running missions starting at 140 (assuming it's capped like Simulacrum) even with no rewards. Don't have to wait an hour to start actually needing these 4-5-6 forma builds.

Edited by Racter

I can't see this giving out any actual rewards.

What would be interesting to see, is if rewards could be tapped from the Clan Vault. To create incentives for clan members betting the mission. Doesn't have to be large. And unlike Dark Sector missions, those rewards would be staying in-house to the their clans, so to speak.

What I do hope is that Clan members can invite non-clan friends or acquaintances. Which would give some points to Alliances with lots of smaller clans.  

8 hours ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

Uhhh..no its not gonna be like that. They already stated that as well. They don't want people making missions full of say oxium bots. Don't get too happy.

Read last quote \/ \/

8 hours ago, Godzilla853 said:

They are going to limit what can drop and most likely if you can get xp.

Read last quote \/

7 hours ago, Shifted said:

If they limit rewards I honestly wonder what's the point.

Warframe is a reward-based game, if the custom missions have reduced rewards nobody's gonna bother with them.

It's going to be reduced into a niche feature for benchmarking builds or whatever.

I would have to agree with @Shifted. If this game mode is limited, what's the point of using it. if it's so hard to grind already, why limit possibly the best way to speed up the grind. It makes it pointless to go into these missions when you're not actually getting anything useful out of them. And don't tell me that DE are going to add some special currency or some special new form of reward to these missions. I want to be able to farm the resources I need really badly in the fastest way possible. I want to be able to create a mission where only oxium drones spawn to farm oxium cause it's really annoying right now. I want to be able to create a mission with only bursa's in it for a higher chance at tempo royal. It's an easier way to farm stuff in a game where everything is a great big bloody chore to farm.

7 minutes ago, Arniox said:

If this game mode is limited, what's the point of using it. if it's so hard to grind already, why limit possibly the best way to speed up the grind. It makes it pointless to go into these missions when you're not actually getting anything useful out of them.

Already a number of people have posted about how they are looking forward to it even with no rewards. Some of us actually enjoy the gameplay, and don't consider playing to be "pointless" if there's no shiny in the offering. Attitudes like this are why people burn out as soon as they get all the weapons and frames. Literally they only played to be able to say they had everything, and not because they actually like playing.

I'm not a warlord in my clan, but I'm looking forward to what this mode could bring to the table. Even if theres no rewards from doing it, it'll be interesting to test the limits of my builds with whatever hellish-creations the Warlords come up with, be it all Nullifiers, Scorchers, Combas, Heavy Gunners, and everything else that's even a mild inconvenience or it's just a plain slaugherfest for the sake of a slaughterfest; I think that it'll be a nice little the game will offer. Be there rewards there, or none at all.

Thinking out loud here (and I think somebody may have said this already), but what if they cut off the mod/endo drops but let resources dropped go straight into the Clan Storage? I'd keep us from just spawning stuff like Bursa's and Manic's to mod-farm, we wouldn't (directly) see the benefit ourselves, but at the same time contribute to the Clan by adding resources into the stores.

2 hours ago, Phoenixian_Ultimatum said:

I'm not a warlord in my clan, but I'm looking forward to what this mode could bring to the table. Even if there's no rewards from doing it, it'll be interesting to test the limits of my builds with whatever hellish-creations the Warlords come up with, be it all Nullifiers, Scorchers, Combas, Heavy Gunners, and everything else that's even a mild inconvenience or it's just a plain slaughterfest for the sake of a slaughterfest; I think that it'll be a nice little the game will offer. Be there rewards there, or none at all.

Thinking out loud here (and I think somebody may have said this already), but what if they cut off the mod/endo drops but let resources dropped go straight into the Clan Storage? I'd keep us from just spawning stuff like Bursa's and Manic's to mod-farm, we wouldn't (directly) see the benefit ourselves, but at the same time contribute to the Clan by adding resources into the stores.

This sounds like a great idea. Like the old Dark Sector tax, but benefiting your clan instead. Only real issue is, at least the way it was previewed, it seemed unlikely that we could get resources drops at all. Probably a good thing from a balance perspective, as otherwise you could set it up as an orokin drone only Survival, stay for an eternity and easily farm millions of common/thousands of rare resources with no risk at all lol

1 hour ago, schilds said:

I doubt they want each player (or even small group) playing in their own private mission specifically tailored to whatever it is they want to farm. The star map would end up almost empty.

29 minutes ago, Antiphoton said:

Keep in mind that if they don't put very heavy limitations to rewards from it, it would make the star chart obsolete.

To be fair, these seems like something aimed more towards veterans. For veterans, the star chart is already obsolete, and it's mostly empty for everyone. There are ~20 missions worth running for reasons other than fun, and the entire map is a joke difficulty wise for people who built for old Void runs. While this isn't likely to be rewarding, at least it should be fun, and it'll allow us to skip the 30+ minutes of mind numbing boredom to get to that fun much earlier. Not much different than re-running sorties for fun, just without the restrictions.

14 hours ago, Azrael said:

Man, I hate to point this out, but most people who play warframe really hate the idea of "playing for fun." You can tell by all the "there's no reason to do long survival missions" threads. It makes me sad.

I think for a lot of people a game needs to be fun and rewarding. It's never as black and white as one group play only for fun, whilst the other only play for rewards.

Take me for example, I thoroughly enjoy playing Warframe. I also thoroughly enjoy playing Smite. Currently I find Smite more rewarding than Warframe, so even though I enjoy Warframe I would rather play Smite.

To bring this back to Warframe, I too feel like there is no reason for me to play a long survival mission. It's fun sure, but so are most of the games I own.

Every time I wnt to complain about grinding... then I think.... this game is free... I can get everything(except slots) without paying a cent.... and I am playing a total awesome game for free... then I won't complain anymore about grinding.

9 hours ago, Azrael said:

Already a number of people have posted about how they are looking forward to it even with no rewards. Some of us actually enjoy the gameplay, and don't consider playing to be "pointless" if there's no shiny in the offering. Attitudes like this are why people burn out as soon as they get all the weapons and frames. Literally they only played to be able to say they had everything, and not because they actually like playing.

Finally somebody that makes sense here. I would play the Hek out of those Missions even if there would be no reward, simply for the Hek of it being Challenging or Impossible (Lv 1000 Bursas and stuff, just because). It's like most people need somebody to tell them how much of a "good boy/girl" they were for completing a simple task, like a dog or a little kid or something. It's sad that, from what i could see, a lot of people here are like this, they can't enjoy the game for what it is and just expect a reward after every single little thing. Next thing will probably be rewards for ranking up a mod, together with an achievement, a badge and a skin, lol.

20 hours ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

Uhhh..no its not gonna be like that. They already stated that as well. They don't want people making missions full of say oxium bots. Don't get too happy.

It's gonna be a daily mission so I say it will be possible.

It is a nice surprise that I look forward to using but if we get no affinity or resource drops from made missions then I won't be doing them that much. If DE does allow affinity and resources then I imagine it won't be much...perhaps add some different rewards. Hmm maybe have a small amount of ducats as a special reward or the new sculptures and stars. And I guess to make sure people can't abuse made missions DE could limit the number we can run in a day or week that give rewards or that give certain rewards.

I'll be watching this closely.

I used to play City of Heroes and their mission creator was abused so heavily and was such a cesspool that it ended up being a net loss for the game.

It would not surprise me if the rewards/scans available in these custom missions end up completely divorced from the main game rewards, and whatever "virtual" rewards are substituted end up being min-maxed with a specific mission design/map

I can imagine several ways this can be done. They can have a "legit" mode(which allows for affinity gain and drops but with restrictions on what units of each tier can be put in) and a free mode which offers unrestricted editing but poorer gain and less/no drops

On 9.10.2016 at 5:14 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

Fun? I thought WF was meant to be played for fun?

But if you can have 'fun' AND be rewarded doing something else in game... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe it's just the burn-out talking, maybe I've seen it all with my time in game already, maybe it's other games that do the "gameplay fun" part better, but warframe is mostly reward for me and my friends lately.
Not that I want it that way, and I'm trying to suggest ways to improve the "fun" part.

But if mission builder is supposed to be part of endgame content for veterans then as a veteran (I guess I am) I think I'm allowed to express what I think.