Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Index Preview: Hotfix #4

[DE]Megan

That's sad.  The Caustacyst got a nerf...  and one it didn't need.  That slash proc was quite nice.  Moreover, that was the only bleed effect we could proc that I used anymore, since the others just fail to amuse me (and fail to kill things that are at moderate levels).

Sadness aside, we need to see about getting a new tileset or two to explore soon.  Most of the starchart has been thoroughly and totally explored by now, and running the same rooms over and overandoverandoveran-*ENOUGH*...  you get the point.

Thanks for the update.

EDIT:  When do we get to rename our Kavats and Kubrows?

Edited by Cytobel

17 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

When one part of the weapon is all its used for, it's not a balanced weapon.

Having a projectile should appeal enough, not stupid damage on top of it.

So are you telling me that Miter is a balanced weapon because shooting saw is enough?

Edited by --DSP--

Nooo, what have you guys done?!

The Index enemies scaling with points was actually the perfect way, you would have to balance the risk between having a lot of points, risking getting killed and making the enemy score a lot, and cashing in the points earlier, making the enemies harder.

Now making them scale with kills made stuff even harder, so cheesing is the only solution now, you have to cash you points once you get the max stack bonus, instead of holding them and risking a higher score. Even if you get a few kills, and hold just a couple of points, the enemies already scaled past the point of one shotting you with everything and having a billion EHP.

- Hyped for Caustacyst

- Started the research on dojo as fast as I can

- Sacrificed my sleep time because Infestation Invasion always starts and ends on my sleep time

- Caustacyst research finally done and got 10 Mutagen Masses

- 5 hours until Caustacyst brew in the Foundry

- Woke up in the morning and gets nerfed 

- Thank you, developer. My morning coffee tasted like Nef Anyo's fake moustache and beard

If you're going to remove the Caustacyst's guaranteed slash, then change the disk launched from the charge attack to something that doesn't look like it can cut through our enemies. Maybe something like... Oh, I don't know, a BLOB of corrosive goo!? Maybe removing the slash proc wouldn't be so jarring if the attack didn't look like the projectile was supposed to cause slash in the first place!

Am I still going to use the Caustacyst? Honestly, it will most likely stay in my loadout for a while since I understand how useful status procs can be, and a weapon that can have radiation, viral, and corrosive is hard to ignore, but I'm severely disappointed in DE with this decision. As it stands now, Lacera is back to being the best status melee in game (my opinion, yours may very) due to it's 45% base status chance, base electric damage, huge AoE potential, and good speed when mixed with Prime Fury and Defiled Snapdragon. By having the brunt of its power come from the horribly implemented charge attacks (seriously, either give us back the charge attacks from melee 1.0 or have charge speed by affected by melee speed mods), the Caustacyst was a step in the right direction for giving status weapons a better image, but nope! Can't let a new weapon be worth the resources needed to craft it and risk it takes to use its main mechanic! Lets just beat it while its down and reduce the status chance of the goo while we're at it! Seriously, I don't know if that last part is a bug or if it was hard to see behind the massive bleed ticks that easily took care of the dreadful enemy scaling DE still hasn't changed (I'm really hoping that's soon so more fun weapons can be viable), but if a weapon like this can achieve 100% status, it should be proccing statuses 100% of the time through both basic melee and the goo from its special ability.

As an added note, someone who just posted in another thread about this "fix" rose a very good point: If this feature was "unintended", how did it get past testing and into the game with the slash proc anyway? I don't normally say this, but I really am starting to doubt DE tests certain things and instead waits to see how players use it to get around things the Devs refuse to fix, then call it an "unintended feature" and later "fix" it. Normally I'd understand since most of the time large amounts of content require many eyes to find everything wrong with it, but did no one try using the Caustacyst on an enemy before release? Did someone just charge it up, launch a disk, see the goo left behind and say "Yep, this is good to go"? I seriously have my doubts about this, especially after the change to the Telos Boltace, a weapon that blatantly said its special ability worked without needing to be equipped when it was being released. (ripped straight from the Silver Grove Update 2 thread - "All weapons must be equipped in melee mode to benefit from the bonus (save for the Telos Boltace)." Don't think that means I'm against the Telos Boltace change; this just means I understand the frustration with it.)

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed The Index Endurance mode scaling to be based off of enemy deaths, not player-scored Index points.

is this thing caused enemies level up WAAAAAAY too fast?

Archwing Part Blueprints (i.e Itzal Harness, etc.) are no longer tradable.

:sadcry:

Fixed friendly Mag Specter in The Index from damaging ally players with her Polarize ability.

great fix!

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed the unintended Slash Status chance on the Caustacyst projectile. It now deals purely Corrosive damage as intended (not a Slash weapon) and the 3x damage multiplier from the charged attack remains the same.

I submitted a ticket with plat refund request for Caustacyst. I think it's a justified demand and honestly, I refuse to believe slash status was unintended.

This is Diriga level of "have fun while it lasts" nerf.

EDIT: I got fast answer from support so kudos for having it work well but I got denied because

all platinum purchases are considered to be final purchases

Thanks, DE :poop:

Edited by Sannidor
:poop:

"Removed the unintended Slash Status chance on the Caustacyst projectile. It now deals purely Corrosive damage as intended (not a Slash weapon) and the 3x damage multiplier from the charged attack remains the same. "

Maybe change the Slash to a toxic proc.... cause this feels like you gave us something badass and then broke it and said HA just kidding

2 hours ago, -Bv-PugMagician said:

Really DE can you not just give us a good weapon without later nerfing it out of existence. please get it together, the community really is loosing faith in your poor choices. I love this game, please stop. 

It's a base corrosive status weapon that can have a 100% proc chance with all 4 status mods on it. I don't have it (I do have the Lesion, another 100% status weapon with favorable damage types), but Corrosive + Radiation + Viral sounds stupid powerful even if scythes are somewhat lackluster. You act as if it is complete garbage because it can no longer use its projectile to exploit stealth melee multipliers from stealth or hard CC abilities. Just cus a weapon isn't overpowered doesn't mean it's dog S#&$.

Edited by Hayabusa97

@[DE]Megan Purchased a 3 day credit booster and today is the last day (still active) but yesterday I noticed that the earned credits aren't getting multiplied as it should and only the weekend double multiplier is in effect for the earnings. Also noted that, on the first day (which is day before yesterday) of the purchase it worked as desired; in addition with that there were times when I found a few rare caches (grineer) with a 30minutes credit booster but unfortunately the booster was having no effect on the earnings at all though the expiry timer did run out as usual.

In this case what should I do to make it right? Bug?

20 minutes ago, AhmadIYE said:

@[DE]Megan Purchased a 3 day credit booster and today is the last day (still active) but yesterday I noticed that the earned credits aren't getting multiplied as it should and only the weekend double multiplier is in effect for the earnings. Also noted that, on the first day (which is day before yesterday) of the purchase it worked as desired; in addition with that there were times when I found a few rare caches (grineer) with a 30minutes credit booster but unfortunately the booster was having no effect on the earnings at all though the expiry timer did run out as usual.

In this case what should I do to make it right? Bug?

This

Edited by Alanthier

7 hours ago, Geraaltix said:

I don't understand this. The Apex skin looks fine to me. And I'm a person who constantly complains about non-PBR'd skins.

The creator of the skin said in Excalibur Apex's Steam Workshop page that the skin in the game right now is not the latest, and is missing PBR when it is supposed to already have one.