Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Revisited

[DE]Megan

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Explain? discount? Sunday?

Sunday, November 27th - 25% off of all Warframe Deluxe/Immortal Skins. I thought this included this skin as well...?

EDIT: Oh, I'm seeing this just now... it says "select". So this may not include Ash's Deluxe Skin. What a shame.

Edited by Proxykon
Correction and Typos

7 minutes ago, Rem_NL said:

I am not happy with the new sortie rewards, not happy at all...

It doesn't matter, they made those changes only for those people with 9 nitains in their inventories. I have 120 myself so if I got 3 nitains as a """"reward"""" I would be annoyed too.

They NEED to introduce a token system or a choice system so that veterans don't get affected by these new """""rewards""""" that no one wanted (in sorties anyway). If they so desperately wanted to add nitains somewhere else they had an entire starchart to do it... hell, they could have added nitains as rewards on the void, but for some reason they thought that the end-game mode aimed at veterans was the best place to do it...........

Edited by LeaserResael

Just now, LeaserResael said:

It doesn't matter, they made those changes only for those people with 9 nitains in their inventories. I have 120 myself so if I got 3 nitains as a """"reward"""" I would be annoyed too.

They NEED to introduce a token system or a choice system so that veterans don't get affected by these new """""rewards""""" that no one wanted (in sorties anyway). If they so desperately wanted to add nitains somewhere else they had an entire starchart to do it... hell, they could have add nitains as rewards on the void, but for some reason they thought that the end-game mode aimed at veterans was the best place to do it...........

Most stuff crafted with Nitains are supposed to be "endgame" material, though, so I can understand their rationale for it, at least.

I don't really do sorties and I'm still a perfectly functional Tenno, so the changes to its drop table kinda don't mean much to me. That said, I am interested to try out the new Blade Storm rework... Maybe it'll actually get me to play Ash. 

I've been around a while in game.
I don't visit the forums much.
I think it's not smart to nerf sortie rewards like this.
3-day boosters? Horrible. Surely it makes the farm less intensive, but it also makes it easier to get to the end faster.
Nitain? Disgusting. What happens when we run out of things to use it on?
Forma? Forma are always welcome, but I'd rather see something like 2x or 3x forma BLUEPRINTS instead, it's more valuable and Forma are already common enough to most people doing sorties. Plus, you can sell the blueprints if you need a little extra cash and have plenty of formas.
I'm not a personal fan of Ash, but this nerf makes him borderline useless as killing happens so fast in this game now that the marks will likely be dead long before Ash has the chance to kill them, all this is going to do is make him worse. And it does nothing to address the issue of players bringing Ash into Radiation Alert sorties and killing all of their teammates.

5 minutes ago, RobertidePazzi said:

Anyone else getting "Login attempt failed" and then "Too many login-failures; try again later."???

I can log on to the website and forums, just not in-game. And yes, I'm entering my information correctly.

Please help

welcome to the party 

1 hour ago, Irishspongie said:

Terrible idea.  I've been diligently running nitain alerts since they were introduced - not only for my own stock, but also so I can use it to fund my clan's research - and currently have over 500 (not a typo; five hundred and seventy-three, to be exact) of them.  2000 endo or a forma wouldn't be my idea of a suitable reward for spending an hour or so of my time on a sortie, but 3 nitain would be taking the absolute proverbial.  If people don't get at least one a day from alerts then they're either not playing the game or not putting in the minimum of effort; nitain as a sortie reward is merely penalising those of us who do.

(On the other changes: with 100+ built forma, enough Simaris standing potential to pick up an exilus adaptor bp every other day if I wanted to, and somewhere in the region of half a million endo if I could be bothered to sell my duplicate mods... and these are among the rewards for what is meant to be high-end content for players at my level?  Colour me underwhelmed, DE.)

It's not as if exploiting broken schools and arcanes along with 1000% cheesy ability spam was something that requires a lot of skill.

The presumed intention is good, farming Nitain is unnecessarily tiring, and rare, it makes people to feel disappointed and leave (those along with other grind-hard features made me distance myself from the game). Still, I don't believe it, I'm 100% sure myself that the sole purpose of putting Nitain on sorties was to lower the chance of getting rare stuff, because obviously it wasn't hard enough.

Wellp... time to play the 30 minutes of this month and don't open the game until next year.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Blade Storm Changes:

• Blade Storm now has a new 'Mark Enemy' mode that is activated when you hit 4. Ash enters target mode, which you can freely target enemies with your reticule up to 3 times each for attack. Once you're satisfied, press 4 again, Blade Storm begins and all targeted enemies are attacked!
  • Each mark costs Energy (15) which is affected by Mods. If a marked enemy is killed by a squad mate, you will get the energy back. 
  • Marks made while invisible by any source will have a cheaper base cost (10). 
  • Enemies killed by Blade Storm will dissolve, leaving no corpse behind to detect!

Sortie Reward Changes:

Hide contents
  • Endo (4K) 
  • Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance and spread across new additions) 
  • 3 Day Booster 
  • Lens/Greater Lens
  • 3 Nitain
  • Forma

The main problem people had with bladestorm is that it locked you into a fixed animation and didn't allow teammates to kill the enemy while you're in the animation. It still does that, hence this is simply a big Ash nerf. I think the new system would be fine if you just had your clones attack the targets automatically (instead of a paint and fire mechanic) and allow you to keep to fighting. Also Ash's Smoke bomb should have a duration (small buff) so it can be used as his survivability ability.

Also these sortie rewards... please remove the Nitain from it, I have no desire to get 3 nintain at random from a 30+ series of missions. Also Forma is kinda like a slap in the face too, how about a 3x forma pack? 3 Day booster is nice.

6 minutes ago, Angrados said:

Most stuff crafted with Nitains are supposed to be "endgame" material, though, so I can understand their rationale for it, at least.

I don't really do sorties and I'm still a perfectly functional Tenno, so the changes to its drop table kinda don't mean much to me. That said, I am interested to try out the new Blade Storm rework... Maybe it'll actually get me to play Ash. 

Not really, it's been almost a year since nitain was added to the game, so there has been plenty of time for veterans to get them in high amounts. The only affected people are newer players who can't craft all the nitain-related weapons/frames. Most veterans already have all that crafted. Like I said, a token system or a choice system (like the relics at the end of a mission) would be enough to please everyone. Sorties are end-game aimed at veterans (more than nitain if you consider them to be endgame resources) so it should not be there, same as forma. It's insulting to spend 40-60 min per day only to get a forma/nitain/boosters. 
They didn't do this to please more people, they did this to dilute the table like they always do. They had an entire starchart to add nitain drops, there was absolutely no need to add them to sorties. Hell I've yet to see anyone who asked for nitains or formas to be added on sorties. Everyone was simply talking about the 2k endo drop rate, a lot of people wanted that removed, others simply wanted the "if you get the same rewards twice in a row, the next time you'll get something else" which is what Sheldon said they were goin to do on the last Devstream. 
That would've been fine, no one asked for this yet they went ahead and add it.

Edited by LeaserResael

Just so we're clear, the new Ash update is awesome and works like a dream without blocking my teammates.  I have nearly infinite mana when I do it (not sure why yet, but not really concerned with it) and can pick my targets with this new build (yay doin' stuff!).  Thanks for Ash buff!

Nitain/Forma in Sorties is brutal.

Love,

The-Rank-22-Guy-That-Mains-Ash-And-Just-Tried-Him-In-Game

5 minutes ago, WestJ said:

Another update goes by and Nyx has not got a rework yet :( I will keep my hopes up yet again....

Dude Nyx's kit is in such a great place compared to oberon, hydriod, limbo etc.

1. Is kinda lackluster but most 1s are

2. Gives you control of a strong unit of your choosing

3. Gives you a great CC ability

4. Is God mode with damage

She is an amazing frame.

4 minutes ago, Mexikitten said:

Just so we're clear, the new Ash update is awesome and works like a dream without blocking my teammates.  I have nearly infinite mana when I do it (not sure why yet, but not really concerned with it) and can pick my targets with this new build (yay doin' stuff!).  Thanks for Ash buff!

Nitain/Forma in Sorties is brutal.

Love,

The-Rank-22-Guy-That-Mains-Ash-And-Just-Tried-Him-In-Game

You don't have to worry about Nitain/forma in sorties, because everyone is permalocked with either 99% chance of 2k endo(still), a 0.99999% chance of a lense, or 0.00001% chance for a riven mod, because DE doesn't know what they're doing when they make changes to RNG.

So... sorties reward...

You did not removed 2K endo from the drop table even though there's another reward of  4k endo (not that you can get endo on every single mission anyway.. right?), but you decided to add Nitain (not too bad i guess), and Forma.... This thing that you can get blueprints on basically all relics... for some reason you though it was a good reward for "end-game" content. Instead of making sortie missions rewarding, you diluted the table even more with "useless" reward.

But hey, at least now i can look good with Ash while I waste my time on 3 hard missions to get... endo, or lens, hurray. No, really, thanks for the skin and the rework (Not sarcasm... mostly).