The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Revisited Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Spartan Roks said:

Yass, this looks epic!

Btw you meant praise Clem right?

Just now, KelsierSurvivor said:

Indeed, they must have. A simple spelling mistake, I'm sure.

No, there is a difference.

We can Praise Booben or we can Hail Clem.

The former is a very old tradition that most have forgotten.

13 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are taking a look at Ash, specifically his Bladestorm - check out some WIP gameplay here:

Perfect! I must ask, though - considering there is augment that will let you teleport to and insta-kill an enemy, will this interfere if you're teleporting to a target a clone is currently attacking?

32 minutes ago, SanderRandorm123 said:

as player from closed beta i have emotional relationship with all frames, how funny and cringy it sounds, why is that dumb to wishing a frame being useful mostly than right now, Ash is more ninja designed than any frame in game really, but his BS the most slow and boring thing, even being a pool as Hydroid is more fascinating than trying get kills with BS. Im not crying over old 4th ability, it was boring too, but this one is complete usless, we have a lot weaponds and frames that killing high lvl faster, and "choosing another thing" not a way to play this game, i heard Developers gonna rebalance all old weapons, w\e they tryed with riven mods do that and yet still not helping, we just fapping on top 10 weapons and slap on it papper tag "FUN", i refuse think that you can just leave this "dead horse", forgetting a problem - not resolve whole issue.

this would never happen but it was an idea i would have liked to see as inspiration for his rework 

http://www.tinyurl.com/ashninja

28 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are taking a look at Ash, specifically his Bladestorm - check out some WIP gameplay here:

Oh thank god. A step in the right direction after waiting so long.
A few feedback tips:
If Ash is in stealth, the clones should be stealthed as well, also possibly gaining the stealth multiplier.
The energy usage of Bladestorm is still quite high.
A long time ago, the clones looked exactly like your Warframe instead of appearing as holograms, would love if that came back.

Notes not related to Bladestorm:
I still strongly believe that Teleport should have free aim usage without a target.
Smokescreen is still just a lower duration, lower cost Loki stealth when it could clearly be more.
Examples include making the smoke linger and blind enemies that come into contact with it, stealthing all allies that stay inside a lingering smokescreen, or even just making it recastable at least.

I don't want this post to be too long, so I'll just say Shuriken needs some synergy as well.
Thanks for taking a look back at my favorite frame.

48 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Oh I am liking this. I have one big question though, what’s the scoop on speed mods affecting bladestorm? Or the ones that affect melee counter like body count? Should we fully revisit how those affect bladestorm? Berserker does not affect attack speed but fury, spoiled strike and quickening (if melee is out and channeling). Bladestorm seems half baked to be honest and it has been neglected for a LONG time even after the last rework.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

The "marking" process is one big reasons I don't use BladeStorm right now. Trying to mark a far off target with a tiny point really sucks. And the the multiple marks just encourages shaking the camera around. 

If they're looking at changing the cinematic, please look at the marking as well. 

@[DE]Rebecca

Alright, that's really nice for Bladestorm and Ash in general. But... what about Shuriken? If Bladestorm is the crowdkiller, Teleport the single-target-nuker/mobility and Smoke Screen is the invisibility, what is Shuriken's intended role in the kit (WITHOUT its augment, mind you)? It could need love too. Maybe give it some slight utility, or some snap CC?

So does this mean after you mark a group and send in the clones, while the clones are doing their thing you can then mark more enemies or remark surviving enemies and they'll continue on to those newly marked/remarked targets?

Or would the new selection be treated as a different cast and just send in a different set of clones while the previous clones are still active? Or would the recasting/remarking of bladestorm just be blocked until the clones finish?

Edited by TrinityPrime

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Soo im just gonna put this out there can we have the reverse of this where the animation is default and you opt OUT instead of opt'n IN cause this is no different then the Ash changes that were scraped cause it was too similar to embers WoF. 

there was a thread a while back that took an attack from Nier: automata this is the speed and animation i think would suit BS the best 

Edited by SoulHunter2008
added somthing