Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I the only one that still plays Ash?

(XBOX)Xaevryn

4 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

. Friend of mine says that 30 seconds of Invis is much more better than what Ivara can achieve. Just because of the mobility you can have on the side of it. While Ivara's own takes a lot of

LOL, your friend hit the kool-aid hard didn't he? Loki doesn't have more mobility than Ivara. He only has sprint and bullet jump while invis over her. She can still parkour while in Prowl. Since Infiltrate came out, I haven't had many Lokis beat me in to vaults or Lua. Hehe

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

LOL, your friend hit the kool-aid hard didn't he? Loki doesn't have more mobility than Ivara. He only has sprint and bullet jump while invis over her. She can still parkour while in Prowl. Since Infiltrate came out, I haven't had many Lokis beat me in to vaults or Lua. Hehe

That might be because of the most ridiculously good augment for the prowl and you probably haven't seen the best players of spy vaults. (Because everybody knows that public spy is sadly yes. BIG no no no no no) Try without the augment and I think you might be really upset.

i used ash p and mesa back then for farming exp, reps, resources and t4 before the nerf. now i just use ember p. and equnox, or banshee, lol  its the same old sht warframe cycle one frame gets nerf, the new one will raise, i had enough fun with peacemaker mesa and ash p for a long time and did abused the 4. sucks for those new palyers though . :crylaugh:

2 hours ago, Reifnir said:

So? By the time you finish marking you targets and teleporting to them, any frame with Naramon and a slash status weapon will be done with those enemies and move on to the next pack. Without the energy cost and the attached acrobatics. Something like this:

Reveal hidden contents

If that happens then I'll just use zenurik and smokescreen with my slash status weapon to kill along side that naramon frame and use Bladestorm when the moment actually calls for it, and if I was feeling lazy, I could get on a vintage point on the map, spin around in circles, mark like 3 different packs of enemies around the map. No problem at all.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Angry

Ash's abilities are useless without augments.....so is Nekros.

s4dTtBy.jpg

And I don't think you guys realize what made old BS stupidly op. Cost almost nothing to cast, made you invincible, targeted everything within a certain radius whether or not you knew it was there, made every enemy a reserve kill even if BS didn't kill it dragging on a fight much longer than necessary, you didn't need to mod anything for it except efficiency, didn't even need to bring weapons into the mission, and it effectively made the rest of his kit null and void since if anything gives you trouble you just cast it again. It would actually cause you to fail missions because you're BS'ing into infinity while the defense target bleeds out, killed teammates, and lets face it not even Nidus could match that and he's considered op. 

Cry sum moar rework haters.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)CFE Angry said:

If that happens then I'll just use zenurik and smokescreen with my slash status weapon to kill along side that naramon frame and use Bladestorm when the moment actually calls for it, and if I was feeling lazy, I could get on a vintage point on the map, spin around in circles, mark like 3 different packs of enemies around the map. No problem at all.

You are missing the point. 

Which is, you don't even need Ash in this scenario. Like, at all. If you're going for the loot, Nekros and Hydroid are better picks. If you're pushing for extreme time, you might as well bring a support to buff damage even further, but Ash has simply no place in a situation like this. A combination of a Focus tree passive and a modded melee weapon can completely replace Ash in most situations - which speaks a lot about his current utility. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Cry sum moar rework haters.

That wasn't a rework, that was a lazy, poorly designed nerfbat to the knee. 

5 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

That wasn't a rework, that was a lazy, poorly designed nerfbat to the knee. 

My nuke is now a heat-seeking missile, OH THE HUGE-MANATEE! I know people want to see this turn into Diablo but Diablo is so stupidly broken it's boring.

Every change was meant to get the player moving. Sorry you can't make like a tree and go all The Happening on people starring Mark Wahlberg. Spoiler there was a scene where he was running from nothing because trees just stand there.

i am fairly new to the game, and I didn't get a chance to play the old Ash. But I have to say I love playing him. it is great going around stabbing everything i can in the back, or blade storming around a room and clearing out everyone. And seeing the blood spurt out of the ones that you just maim and not kill right out. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Akabane85 said:

Sometimes, I want to be stylish while killing, then I'll touch Ash. Other than that reason? No.

Seeking Shuriken - remove target's armor temporary. 4*CP, Pox, or Teleport + CL can instant kill enemies.

Smoke Screen - low duration, buff-able. But better than none. With augment, range is too low to be effectively use, and once you missed, can't be recast. Ivara's arrow can do better in Sortie Defense, even Limbo.

Fatal Teleport - mainly used for open finisher with CL daggers. But Ivara and Equinox do much better.

Now Bladestorm - The way DE "fixed" Bladestorm, is by looking at the most common, shallow and without deep thinking complain against BS "Press what to win", and alter its function to a "Press what and do what to win". It is simply a lazy "rework", without looking into the core problem of his BS, even worse than Saryn's. What is the purpose of aiming, if I have gun that can shoot while aim? And I have to with a controller?

And there's something I have to disagree with OP.

Ash's old BS can kill enemies behind obstacles, walls, out of LoS without stopping. New BS needs to marks, find targets, stay in range, LoS. Sure It can hit more targets in paper, but in reality, this rarely happens.

This is just too wrong. With right builds for old BS, it can kills 20 enemies with 25 energy, that is 0.8 energy per enemy. And if we take Zenurik into account, the energy used will regain when BS stop. I haven't mention Energy Orbs drop from killed enemies yet.

Not everytime DE is lazy to fix a "press what to win" skill, Mag is a good example for this.

Also, you gotta realize 3 of his skills REQUIRE the augments, by default Suriken is bad, smoke screen is a mediocre stealth ability and teleport is laughable. that's 3 slots gone if you want every skill to actually do something, lul.

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

Limbo and a Huras with max Sprint Speed, max Firewalker, and a Telos Boltace is the Jersey Devil in the Rift.

... Man, I hope DE doesn't mess up his Rift Walk.

nothing wrong with Ash, he just got the Mesa treatment: manual targeting for his ult. I find that he's much better than he was before, in the sense that he's no longer sucking the fun out of the game for others, and encouraging lazy tactics for his users. now he's an active contributor to the team, and is one stylish mofo in his Koga Skin!

I love Ash, and the rework was great!

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)Xaevryn said:

I mean obviously I know i'm not literally the last person that mains Ash. But I haven't seen another one during any type of mission in ages. Sure ya spot one every now and then in the relays struttin' their fashionframe walk. But that's the only time I ever see them. Meanwhile my Ash Prime as been tweaked and worked on and built upon since my second week of gaming when my clan and I did countless void towers for him. Now after five Forma and hunting down hard to find mods for him and my weapons (mostly my weapons) I have a hard time staying in another frame for long. Naturally i do use other frames. Especially if the mission/squad composition calls for it. But if I have any wiggle room whatsoever I always bring my Ash. People whine and moan about it too until I end up saving their sorry behind multiple times in a mission, attacking a massive horde of enemies head on, or discreetly sneaking into and completing an objective. Ash is a wonderful blend of stealth, combat, and survivability. He is a jack of all those three trades but admittedly master of none. But used right, Ash is at home in nearly any mission, and can even dominate if you're in "the zone".

So why Don't I see any other Ash players out there, stabbing things to death in a orgy of splintered corpses and gore? Why do I rarely have a stealthy companion (loki and ivara excluded) during a mission that calls for stealth? People tell me Ash is dead, But why? The rework? Surely people are not too dense to see that the Blade Storm rework is amazing? I can hit more targets than ever before, some even multiple times in one go. It is more energy efficient when you factor in energy spent compared to the amount of corpses skewered. Plus now we can attack a specific group of enemies that actually pose a threat. Say if the mob is taking down the objective or is swarming a squadmate. I can eliminate that entire group with one quick flick of the camera. Instead of attacking completely randomly selected enemies which may or may not pose an immediate threat.

Is there any Ash love out there at all? Or am I soon to be the last of my kind?

Hes my most used frame and stil is. I always have and still enjoy the fatal tp ash.

7 hours ago, Jackviator said:

Seeking Shuriken would like to have a word with you. Fatal Teleport, too (or just regular Teleport +pressing E). Same with Bladestorm, especially if you're invisible to save energy.

...Yeah I'd say he's still good; I'd honestly rank him as one of the top 3 melee frames we have at the moment.

Ash can stealth kill with bladestorm now right?

1 hour ago, Voraxxx said:

Also, you gotta realize 3 of his skills REQUIRE the augments, by default Suriken is bad, smoke screen is a mediocre stealth ability and teleport is laughable. that's 3 slots gone if you want every skill to actually do something, lul.

Just have duration and efficiency. Equip the mod that insta kills stealth kill targets on your dagger... (fatal tp optional) Stealth and press 4 2times.  Things starts dying left and right.

Edited by AngryBAsian

His rework ruined him for a lot of people, including me. I still use him for seeking shuriken when it comes to assassinations though but I used to use him all the time for sortie defense because it's just so boring -_- and he helped get through them quickly so I could go about my business since that's the name of the game when it comes to sorties, you want to be in and out because it's all just a chore to end up getting a lens most of the time. 

Bladestorm also doesn't work for me as it is. You have to target things mantually and the only problem I have with that now is whenever I tried doing that, things were usually dead by the time I tagged everything I wanted to kill so there was really no point in using it most of the time without it being auto targeting so my current build shifted because of it and bladestorm now collects dust. 

I still play Ash. I actually play him more now that he isn't as Lazy Frame.   I wish they'd change the marking for her a ultimate to be more skill based as opposed to just aim for a few seconds and tadah previous ash mechanics.  My idea was a counter that gives you a few seconds after your first attack to mark a new target and attack again. Then you repeat but as you continue the counter gets shorter and the damage increases. You get rewarded for faster attacks and skill, and there's no down time.  

Wow, didn't know this was such a sensitive topic for some. I've used Ash before the rework and granted this was quite some time ago as I took quite a long break. I liked him but felt that his ult was too automatic and had it's own downsides? Like someone else said you could get stuck in a nearry infinite BS loop if there were enough enemies around. I also remember exiting BS to see the mass of enemies turkey-slapping something critical to the mission relatively untouched. While say, an enemy stuck on a wall two rooms over received higher targeting priority. Now I can actually wipe a room clean.

Plus I believe Ash's abilities are not there to be relied on as heavily as other frames. But are instead designed to be more utilitarian and to compliment your weapons and player skills.

I use him but mainly for stealth, augmented Shurikens and perfect abs.

Fatal Teleport is too buggy and Blade Storm camera spam shake to mark is dumb. Wish they just made Shurikens mark or at least added it to the Seeking augment. 

Edited by Wolfdoggie