Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed consequences for being killed by Stalker.

How about if the Stalker kills you... your operator dies:satisfied:

You are then returned to the pre-dreamers Second Dream, punched past the Third Dream, where you wake up as a neglected Kubrow... are shockingly abused by three grineer, and slam hard into the Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Dream. (Your essence is then fused into any warframe you choose; with all the

Spoiler

operators

powers: Kuva boosting blah, blah, no more $&*^ing around with nine-hundred buttons, to perform the most simple of tasks, you're welcome:highfive:

Too soon?

Edited by StabbyTentacles
Lotus told me.

For everyone saying that Stalker only attacks when you have low ranked gear, I will remind you that Stalker will not attack 'frames which are less than rank 10, so you're guaranteed to have basic survivability mods equipped. 

If you've completed the War Within, then all that you ever need to do is have equipped just one genuinely strong weapon, and Stalker is a complete pushover.

9 hours ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

There are no real consequences for being killed by the Stalker and here are my suggestions. I would post in the Feedback section but I want to generate some sort of discussion and want to know your thoughts. They're not one fused idea but multiple different suggestions and you can comment on each one of them.

Here are my suggestions and:

-When killed by Stalker, you only have one revive during that mission or the next 5 missions

-Alternatively, if killed, you have one revive for 12 to 24 hours however, if you come across the Stalker again and kill him during those hours, you have all your revives back. 

-Losing to the Stalker can give negative effects such as more susceptible to bleeding proc, less health (not affected by nightmare missions and sorties) and so on for 12 hours. 

I think if one of these were to be added, it gives the player to be more incentive to actually try and not to die. You can easily just let him kill and carry on with the mission which does make him pointless and sort of defeats the purpose I guess. It's like a bully coming to you for lunch money or something. Or losing a game of rock, paper, scissors. 

How about... no.  Stalker is annoying enough as is.  If you think he should be harder, feel free to self impose whatever conditions and punishments you like on your end.  (For example, you're not allowed to use weapons and powers to fight him, and if he still kills you, you have to go through your collection and roll a pair of dice.  Every time it comes up seven, you have to delete that item / warframe.  There you go, consequences.)

If I wanted to play Dark Souls (or any other game that kicks you in the face for trying to play it) I'd be playing Dark Souls.  Since I don't own Dark Souls, and never will, I think it's a safe assumption that at least one player would despise anything that makes this game more like Dark Souls.

4 hours ago, Reokudo said:

If by yourself and killed by Stalker= Immediate mission failure.

If in team, and killed by Stalker= Removed from group, mission failure. You did die.

...and then the whole team gets mission failure, because the person killed by the Stalker was the key owner.

25 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

How about... no.  Stalker is annoying enough as is.  If you think he should be harder, feel free to self impose whatever conditions and punishments you like on your end.  (For example, you're not allowed to use weapons and powers to fight him, and if he still kills you, you have to go through your collection and roll a pair of dice.  Every time it comes up seven, you have to delete that item / warframe.  There you go, consequences.)

If I wanted to play Dark Souls (or any other game that kicks you in the face for trying to play it) I'd be playing Dark Souls.  Since I don't own Dark Souls, and never will, I think it's a safe assumption that at least one player would despise anything that makes this game more like Dark Souls.

Old Stalker was a genuine threat.

Shadow Stalker is a pitiable scrublord. Shadow Stalker goes down in seconds.

Step One: Bring whatever Warframe you feel like, and whatever weapons you feel like, but make sure to have at least one genuinely powerful weapon on you at all times.

Step Two: When Shadow Stalker appears, kite him around and fight him at medium range. This is very easy, as he has no direct ranged attacks other than his disco grenades and Exalted Blade hadouken, and those are telegraphed and slow. Don't fight in melee, and don't leave the tile. That's a very broad sweet spot.

Step Three: Shoot him. Or, if your weapon of choice is melee, spin attack past him to maintain best range while hitting him. 

Step Four: His Sentient armour will adapt to your main damage type and make him immune. Manifest your Operator, who will be invulnerable for the first couple of seconds. Hit Stalker with the Void beam to instantly reset his damage resistances and negate his Sentient armour.

Step Five: Kill the Shadow Stalker.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

10 hours ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

There are no real consequences for being killed by the Stalker and here are my suggestions. I would post in the Feedback section but I want to generate some sort of discussion and want to know your thoughts. They're not one fused idea but multiple different suggestions and you can comment on each one of them.

Here are my suggestions and:

-When killed by Stalker, you only have one revive during that mission or the next 5 missions

-Alternatively, if killed, you have one revive for 12 to 24 hours however, if you come across the Stalker again and kill him during those hours, you have all your revives back. 

-Losing to the Stalker can give negative effects such as more susceptible to bleeding proc, less health (not affected by nightmare missions and sorties) and so on for 12 hours. 

I think if one of these were to be added, it gives the player to be more incentive to actually try and not to die. You can easily just let him kill and carry on with the mission which does make him pointless and sort of defeats the purpose I guess. It's like a bully coming to you for lunch money or something. Or losing a game of rock, paper, scissors. 

No. If you want those kinds of modifiers go play  nightmare/ sorties. Punishing new players because they died from stalker is stupid.

Edited by ShaneKahnnigan17

Sure no problem then, let me just Alt+F4 as soon as he spawns, who cares anyway.

They can't implement any negative/durable consequence from being killed by Stalky as long as he one-shots you depending on your setup.

And even more in the current Stalker state where he will freely scale with the mission and spawn as a level-85 one-shotting monster on a Kuva Flood.

5 hours ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

It's the good kind of evil, think about it... If this happens for real then people will do whatever they could to find a way to create/discover another Draco-like methods way better than Akkad right now!

No, it's the evil kind of evil. Stalker is annoying enough, what with being punished for not bringing ultimate cheese to fight against his cheese on the slight chance that he decides to show up and ruin your day. Having your gear go back to 0 because of it, specially if you don't like those boring loot caves, would just lead to rage quits.

Edited by Gorila_Azul

If you beat the stalker then you given 75% plat discount if you lose then you are banned from the game for 1 day.

Jokes aside funny stuffs but sometimes he can one shot you through the wall or any defence you behind it so it could be sometimes unfair because the stalker challenges not often mean real fight for survival. Sometimes he is too stupid to use his trick and standing in one place and trying to shot you down and you can kill him from distance other times he just appear and one shot you. Totally "mood" (rng) dependant and this not increase the player awareness just make more fuss.

Improving the skills in anything need a progress and a continous threat if you lose a mission if you go into the middle of a horde or just going to play higher levels. There is still that damn AI and there are only annoying scales which makes the enemies tankier and not really make them more tactical or even smarter.

The tests also "easily" doable depend on rng and not current skills. 

Edited by Sziklamester

2 hours ago, Gorila_Azul said:

No, it's the evil kind of evil. Stalker is annoying enough, what with being punished for not bringing ultimate cheese to fight against his cheese on the slight chance that he decides to show up and ruin your day. Having your gear go back to 0 because of it, specially if you don't like those boring loot caves, would just lead to rage quits.

And yet people still create those forums threads about Warframe being too easy (then complain about Nitain later)...

I know what you mean, just tried to look at the bright side of that suggestion!

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost
Grammar hates me

So basically the OPs ideas boil down to:
Lets screw over new players and punish them incredibly heavily for dying to something that they can't possibly have the gear to overcome 100% of the time he spawns!  And with new players farming bosses for frames they'll run into him incredibly regularly which just means the OP just wants to punish new players for absolutely no reason!

And that's without the times he bugs out and spams his pull move (which has a guaranteed stagger) over and over and over and over while meleeing you between pulls(which causes him to pull you again as you were just pushed away from him by his melee) and you literally cannot do anything except wait to die.

None of these ideas would challenge a more experienced player.
Meanwhile new players would just be excessively punished, and for absolutely zero gain.

We don't need more mechanics which exist purely to screw over new players.

Edited by Tsukinoki

41 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

So basically the OPs ideas boil down to:
Lets screw over new players and punish them incredibly heavily for dying to something that they can't possibly have the gear to overcome 100% of the time he spawns!  And with new players farming bosses for frames they'll run into him incredibly regularly which just means the OP just wants to punish new players for absolutely no reason!

And that's without the times he bugs out and spams his pull move (which has a guaranteed stagger) over and over and over and over while meleeing you between pulls(which causes him to pull you again as you were just pushed away from him by his melee) and you literally cannot do anything except wait to die.

None of these ideas would challenge a more experienced player.
Meanwhile new players would just be excessively punished, and for absolutely zero gain.

We don't need more mechanics which exist purely to screw over new players.

^ This.

Or, perhaps you've experienced the server issues lately? Yeah, those are fun. The "Network Not Responding" alert while he's spawning in and you can't do anything because it's trying to "update your account" while trying to simply abort. Stalker appears, just trashes your frame all over the room. Controls don't work, it's a massacre, and now let's add some crazy consequence besides losing a revive/failing a mission? No. Let's not and say we did.

your idea have a big flaw that is the only way to remove the negative effect are base on RNG ( must meet stalker again). That punishing without a way around beside the 24hr timer would be ... well ... punishing, or at least less engaging (more like it provoke rage quit for the day). If there are better way to lift the stalker's curse (may be stalking the stalker ...) then this is .... well ... more interesting and acceptable.

On 5/9/2017 at 3:41 PM, Hemmo67 said:

if stalker kills you he takes you to his lair filled with sentient drones and malicious traps

imagine the zanuka hunter escape mission but on steroids :D

I would suicide to him so hard.

Anything for a chance to farm the impossibly rare war part drops from conculyst which take so long to spawn so few of.

Yeah, we don't need to punish our new players and we certainly don't need any new weird mechanics when losing an encounter with the Stalker. He is challenging enough in the early game when you run into him all the time following boss fights. If anything, Stalker spawn chance should scale up along with his strength towards the end of the starchart, in sorties, LoR/Raids, etc. At these higher difficulty encounters with Stalker, he would have better AI and use parkour to pursue you and avoid attacks.

23 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

Yeah, we don't need to punish our new players and we certainly don't need any new weird mechanics when losing an encounter with the Stalker. He is challenging enough in the early game when you run into him all the time following boss fights. If anything, Stalker spawn chance should scale up along with his strength towards the end of the starchart, in sorties, LoR/Raids, etc. At these higher difficulty encounters with Stalker, he would have better AI and use parkour to pursue you and avoid attacks.

It's simple then. You don't get these till the Shadow Stalker and it's not new to Warframe for having one revive. 

If you remove his 2 [or 3? can't remember exactly] invulnerability phases, make his damage not be absurd sometimes  and  give him a cooldown on being able to cancel our powers, then maybe you can actually give him a consequence for killing you.

So far you either decimate him if he comes to you while you are wearing good gear, or he is an annoyance when  you have low level/unmodded gear. 

Edited by aligatorno