Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

This system sun/neutral/moon, that we have no name yet, it seems this: (theory)afc68c4460a284b3.jpg

Teshin:

"...And you're just a dainty Penzai tree, stunted in the tray. Hiding behind mother, behind 'frame. No pain. No risk. No growth. Never a real threat to me… or my Queens."

19642462_1380433831993102_1978854018714264658_n.jpg

13 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Made a thread on this.

In short I speculated:

A sacrificial Prime will be required to convert to an Umbra.  Because Founders don't want to lose Excaliber Prime and because non-founders can't build him, the quest reward will be a fully built Excal Umbra.

The very next might be Frost, Rhino, and Mag Umbra...hence Twitch Prime and the Unvaulted Brute Force Prime.

Cha-Ching.

Interesting thought But if this were the case no one would ever buy a prime access again (assuming that all frames get an Umbra)

Also why would I sacrifice a prime to get an umbra ( Unless the stats of Umbra were better) 

And the last point  I don't see DE dedicating all these resources to re-skin all the frames as Umbra. I don't see where the money is at.

I'm kinda thinking that the Umbra stuff is going to be related to the stuff revealed in the Harrow quest (and possibly alluded to in earlier quests).

Spoiler

I think they'll be related somehow to the entity Rell refers to as The Man in the Wall—some kind of consciousness or creature that lives in (or possibly is) the Void, apparently hostile to non-Void life. Before Chains of Harrow, Rell kept TMITW at bay, preventing it from interfering with the rest of the Tenno and perhaps with all life outside the Void. Now Rell's duty has been passed on to the rest of the Tenno. The Umbra frames may be creations that TMITW will use as proxies in the physical world, which we steal from him and use for ourselves; or maybe they're something the Tenno will invent to take the fight to TMITW directly.

5 hours ago, System.Lord.Ra said:

I am indeed DARK. Stop insulting me i can just report you in one click mang

I never insulted you. Not once in my reply did I violate Code of Conduct. Also, don't use reporting as a threat, it doesn't really give you a good image.

I'm surprised no one in this thread has thought about sacrificing your Operator. As we know from the teaser clip where Ballas says, "All miracles require sacrifice," followed by the eclipsing sun (the shadow being a reference to Umbra), don't you think sacrificing your Operator would be more fitting to unlock such a dark power? 

Hunhow refers to The Stalker as a 'Shadow,' maybe Umbra is a Warframe that has consumed it's Operator? 

I have a feeling they won't make Umbra a harsh commitment to sacrificing your precious Void child but maybe using Umbra will deny you from using Operator abilities or Focus.

Alternatively, maybe the Light side of the morality wheel will enhance Focus 2.0 (whatever it may be) and the Dark side enhances Umbra. One does not necessarily lock the other out of acquisition but your moral standing will enhance one over the other. 

The close up of the texture of that object certainly looks like it's a woven material, and then painted on. Somewhere between papyrus and cloth, perhaps?

Otherwise...yeah. Interesting.

Though admittedly, it's nice when DE comes up with a new Script. They get a lot of mileage out of their fondness for constructed languages. Closest parallel I can find in the setting is Orokin Script, but without the long looping slant characters.

1 hour ago, DxAdder said:

Interesting thought But if this were the case no one would ever buy a prime access again (assuming that all frames get an Umbra)

Also why would I sacrifice a prime to get an umbra ( Unless the stats of Umbra were better) 

And the last point  I don't see DE dedicating all these resources to re-skin all the frames as Umbra. I don't see where the money is at.

Primed Wat?

Buy Primed Access for your insta-Prime plus Plat/booster and then farm the second set you need to build the Umbra variant.

Two Warframe slots:

Slot 1.  Prime (Prime parts + BP)

Slot 2.  Umbra (Prime/Prime parts + Umbra BP)

Not just a reskin.  They haven't waited this many months for a simple reskin.  This will be a repurposed 3rd revenue stream/variant with new look and new powers that will make Prime Parts, Unvaulted Packs, and slots instantly more valuable if my speculation holds true.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Just now, Blakrana said:

The close up of the texture of that object certainly looks like it's a woven material, and then painted on. Somewhere between papyrus and cloth, perhaps?

Otherwise...yeah. Interesting.

Though admittedly, it's nice when DE comes up with a new Script. They get a lot of mileage out of their fondness for constructed languages. Closest parallel I can find in the setting is Orokin Script, but without the long looping slant characters.

the style of how the words are lined up and read down reminds me of japanese poems style mixed with some papyrus Egyptian script 

Image result for japanese script poem Related image

Just now, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

the style of how the words are lined up and read down reminds me of japanese poems style mixed with some papyrus Egyptian script 

Agreed. Which fits, considering how Oriental the Orokin Script is in being drawn.

1 minute ago, Blakrana said:

Agreed. Which fits, considering how Oriental the Orokin Script is in being drawn.

agreed 

1 minute ago, --B--Kyle- said:

Well, I thought, the next cinematic quest will be about the warframe nature, so this quote remind something:
"A spire of flesh and porcelain" - infested puppet.
idk.. 

Where sand meets the sea

• beach/shoreline/coastline/bay are terms that come to mind  

A spire of flesh and porcelain

• could refer to things like the great wall of china, were they buried the builders in the structure
  • infested merged with a structure like the orokin have, the white  walls of void/lua could be similar  
  •  reference to the tower of Babylon .....
  • massive frame /weapon?  

It gives so we may live

• if we connect this to the ballas speech from last dev stream , miracles require , sacrifice as some have pointed out 
  • then it reads " it sacrifices so the we may live " 
  • maybe stating that miracle(s) of the orokin were created based on some sacrifice(s) 

Just now, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

It gives so we may live

• if we connect this to the ballas speech from last dev stream , miracles require , sacrifice as some have pointed out 
  • then it reads " it sacrifices so the we may live " 
  • maybe stating that miracle(s) of the orokin were created based on some sacrifice(s) 

mmm... this makes so sense now... I can connect all the points..
So, the possibilities to see Ballas in the next cinematic quest is so stronger than ever?

12 minutes ago, --B--Kyle- said:

mmm... this makes so sense now... I can connect all the points..
So, the possibilities to see Ballas in the next cinematic quest is so stronger than ever?

unsure, id  be down to fight orokin though

per the stalker codex tenno did a organized strike and ..well ...butchered them all i thought  ... 

he and/or  the rest of orokin could return, we know they had tech to store consciousness, and body jump ...its possible

though due to the age of the cloth, could refer to some sort of legacy left behind long ago by them or some survivors , we betrayed them a long time ago , and this could be pointing to something like that 

the cloth was found by scouts supposedly  , it dosnt say from were ..though , maybe its referencing tau were sentient terriformed, or maybe its another orokin colony planet out of system ..lots of possibilities 

though the fact we were told "their names" were damaged on the cloth is interesting 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Maybe this theory is old, but for me it makes more sense, that the consciousness of the Ballas is in the Stalker, corrupted in a certain way, but it is there, so with Umbra the coming up, I hope to see Ballas, maybe Have some connection.

Edit: I said that, cause I dont know what happened to Ballas after that massacre .. Did Ballas survives?

Edited by --B--Kyle-

1 minute ago, --B--Kyle- said:

Maybe this theory is old, but for me it makes more sense, that the consciousness of the Ballas is in the Stalker, corrupted in a certain way, but it is there, so with Umbra the coming up, I hope to see Ballas, maybe have some connection.

some have thought that, i doubt it as he states he was with the low guardians when we betrayed the orokin  

its possible he was ballas's shadow/or guard though , no real info is known

we know ballas was an executor and   directly the source cause for both warframes and sentient development , so maybe he had some aces up his sleaves ..

though if he was ballas id think hed have restarted the orokin empire as he could access the technology as a executor, hed know were all the toys/ and info were hidden right? 

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

some have thought that, i doubt it as he states he was with the low guardians when we betrayed the orokin  

its possible he was ballas's shadow/or guard though , no real info is known

we know ballas was an executor and   directly the source cause for both warframes and sentient development , so maybe he had some aces up his sleaves ..

though if he was ballas id think hed have restarted the orokin empire as he could access the technology as a executor, hed know were all the toys/ and info were hidden right? 

Indeed.

Someone told me this once, about this theory of Ballas consciousness inside the Stalker, corrupted, of course this was after the rebellion, to save himself.

idk so many informations and conflicts...

39 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Well then it better be amazing because there's no way I'm getting rid of my many forma'd Excalibur

Most likely it's going to be the same Excal with better stats and edgy look. I hope some additional Umbra-exclusive mechanic comes with it.