Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

5 minutes ago, -Synovity- said:

Remember the war within? Yes? Well then you probably heard about a choice system (the black and/or white circle on the bottom left at your player profile) I think it has something to do with the Excalibur thing, the white choice could lead to Excalibur prime and even other primes, meanwhile the black choices represent the umbra's!

What do you think about this? What's your speculation?

38 minutes ago, -Synovity- said:

Remember the war within? Yes? Well then you probably heard about a choice system (the black and/or white circle on the bottom left at your player profile) I think it has something to do with the Excalibur thing, the white choice could lead to Excalibur prime (not the frame itself, he won't be available) and even other primes, meanwhile the black choices represent the umbra's!

I know what DE said and I know he isn't coming back! This is just speculation.

So...if you know Excalibur Prime isn't coming back, why do you insist on speculating in such a manner? You know he's not coming back. Why even make a thread like this? This is obvious bait, dude. Come on.

40 minutes ago, -Synovity- said:

Remember the war within? Yes? Well then you probably heard about a choice system (the black and/or white circle on the bottom left at your player profile) I think it has something to do with the Excalibur thing, the white choice could lead to Excalibur prime (not the frame itself, he won't be available) and even other primes, meanwhile the black choices represent the umbra's!

Prime Warframes are Margulis's original designs made by her before her death. The Umbras are militarized versions made by Ballas in secrecy.
We are unsure what the light and dark meter are going to be for but they dont have anything to do with Umbra.
Ballas Still lives!

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

42 minutes ago, -Synovity- said:

Metaphorically perhaps...yes.

The choices as I remember them were White, Black, and Neutral and some of what happens later suggests that we had started in a direction based on commentary our avatar is forced to make.

If the Void is actually sentient then it may be possible for an Operator to be either light or shadow affiliated. Prime represents Light and Umbra represents Shadow.

I don't think that would have weight on the frame itself though aside from the quality of the somatic link perhaps. 

Edited by Padre_Akais

9 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Prime Warframes are Margulis's original designs made by her before her death. The Umbras are militarized versions made by Ballas in secrecy.
We are unsure what the light and dark meter are going to be for but they dont have anything to do with Umbra.
Ballas Still lives!

That is speculation. Zero evidence.

7 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Or Excalibur Umbra is a China only thing. Ever though of that? Funny if it turned out to just be a cosmetic and then everyone would stop making such a big deal about it.

The Chinese Founder's exclusive version is Umbra Excalibur Prime. DE has said that Umbra Excal non-Prime will be coming to the global build.

13 hours ago, -Synovity- said:

For legal reasons, excalibur prime will never come back. DE signed a contract with all of the founders. so if they re-release him, they will get sued big time, as well as being forced under the mantle of liar.

1 minute ago, booty_hunter said:

For legal reasons, excalibur prime will never come back. DE signed a contract with all of the founders. so if they re-release him, they will get sued big time, as well as being forced under the mantle of liar.

That is not true as far as I am aware.

They just said they'd be Founder Items and that they wouldn't make them available again. They're just going by their word. I am sure as hell that I didn't sign any contract nor DE signed one with me.

2 hours ago, -Synovity- said:

Made a thread on this.

In short I speculated:

A sacrificial Prime will be required to convert to an Umbra.  Because Founders don't want to lose Excaliber Prime and because non-founders can't build him, the quest reward will be a fully built Excal Umbra.

The very next might be Frost, Rhino, and Mag Umbra...hence Twitch Prime and the Unvaulted Brute Force Prime.

Cha-Ching.

12 hours ago, mythicsful said:

Prove that you got that information (the outcry for it to be a thing) from DE and I'll respect it. Otherwise, you're making your own false ideas up.

There is no proof and there never has been. I don't know where the multitude of people saying this are getting the information, but it's false.

3 hours ago, -Synovity- said:

That is an interesting theory, though I will agree that Excal Prime being a founder item will never comeback... If your theory is correct, it could be a different Excal with Prime stats.I mean Excal has more skins than any warframe to date... Why not have Founder, Umbra and Some other form different or additional Prime? We are talking about Excal here...he was the first and as such Excalibur Prime could have had other Forms besides Prime or Umbra... could even be a Prime form of Hyden Tenno, instead of a sword he throws giant glaives or have powers more related to him than the copies of Excal or It could be a more Knight like a Prime form of Shadow Stalker instead of a one handed sword 4th skill, his exalted sword is two handed one, since we all know Stalker is some sort of corrupted Excalibur anyway...etc...etc...

Well you get the idea...founders keep their toy relic general public get theirs... Im actually surprise DE has not consider to just make another that looks and is different from the founder one...They already did Umbra why not another... Excal is the king when it comes skins and frames already. 

To be honest I'll be happy when Umbra comes out so this Excal Prime thing is put to an end... Everyone know Umbra looks soooo much nicer than the Prime one by far and if I remember correctly it had better stats if DE didn't change it in China... so, he won't be miss unless you're a hardcore collector. I think when Umbra comes out everyone will be happy and this whole thing will be behind us. 

3 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

The Chinese Founder's exclusive version is Umbra Excalibur Prime. DE has said that Umbra Excal non-Prime will be coming to the global build.

Yet there won't be any "Umbra Primes" in global version at all, Excal will be the only "Umbra Prime" in Chinaframe. So basically "Prime" addition is only there to let Chinese founders feel special. And I guess regular Chinese players won't be able to get Excal Umbra since this is the same frame.

3 hours ago, System.Lord.Ra said:

No spoilers please, do not ruin the surprise can you people ?

This is an odd post. You made the decision to click on this thread knowing very well the topic being discussed. Also, there can't be any spoilers because nothing has been released, leaked, etc. And even if leaks occurred, forum staff wipes it incredibly quick, given the Code of Conduct strictly forbidding datamined/leaked content discussion. This means the only way anyone can spoil is if official information has been released, which it hasn't even once.

Everyone talking right now is just as much in the dark as you.

Edited by LazerSkink

7 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

And what if it's just a skin? Or maybe a skin like the Brokk is for the Fragor with a tiny stat boost?

Its not impossible that Alignement have something to do with the nature of the warframe.

We know it has to do with how much we have surrendered to the Void/shadow and this may or may not be a ingredience in the Quest.

It may allso be that we will face Excalibur Prime in the quest, that would make sense because it would be the first time we ever see and interact with a NPC Excalibur Prime in the game.

That in turn could lead to a Excalibur Umbra aquisition - possibly with the sacrifice that Ballas told us about.

6 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

This is an odd post. You made the decision to click on this thread knowing very well the topic being discussed. Also, there can't be any spoilers because nothing has been released, leaked, etc. And even if leaks occurred, forum staff wipes it incredibly quick, given the Code of Conduct strictly forbidding datamined/leaked content discussion. This means the only way anyone can spoil is if official information has been released, which it hasn't even once.

Everyone talking right now is just as much in the dark as you.

I am indeed DARK. Stop insulting me i can just report you in one click mang