Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

29 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Having Umbra in the game seems pretty lame towards founders.

Especially given how lack-luster Excal prime is in regards to looks.

DE's promise of eternal exclusivity on excal, lato and skana prime is pretty lame towards a huge part of the playerbase. Founders should be happy of DE keeping their promise during all of this time.

Just now, ----Legacy---- said:

DE's promise of eternal exclusivity on excal, lato and skana prime is pretty lame towards a huge part of the playerbase. Founders should be happy of DE keeping their promise during all of this time.

Founders founded the game. Our reward for ensuring the game could be successful is a single set of cosmetics.

There's plenty other warframes, and plenty other skins.

10 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Founders founded the game. Our reward for ensuring the game could be successful is a single set of cosmetics.

I would not call "cosmetics" to gear with stats variations from their normal counterparts, even tough I kinda agree, DE could AND should have thought of it in a longer term and offer it as a timed exclusive or straight up as a bundle of exclusive cosmetics instead to avoid all of the "issues" that it has created during the whole life of the game.

And still noone else would ever be able to get an upgraded poster boy starterframe just because of a fool promise made in a moment of desperation of DE which is currently the flag waved by those founders salty at the existence of Umbra. 

Edited by ----Legacy----

14 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Dunno if you are aware of this but many accounts are being sold just so people can get access to Excal Prime. So that makes them founders?? Weird....and lame...

Owning something and not wanting other people to have it so you can be on the "special butterfly" team don't think is mature at all. Warframe has always been a game where you can get everything with a little effort. If you can't cope with this there are other games that offer more "exclusive" staff to the player with more customization options too.

And the "candy/story" that founders saved the game is a stupid one in my opinion. Many games have been pre-ordered by a lot of people and just failed cause they couldn't establish a solid playing community. Warframe would be no exception to this. 

Edited by ChaosWolfGR
mistake

1 minute ago, ChaosWolfGR said:

And the "candy/story" that founders saved the game is a stupid one in my opinion. Many games have been pre-ordered by a lot of people and just failed cause they couldn't establish a solid playing community. Warframe would be no exclusion to this. 

This, i'm sure that not every player who supported warframe back when founder gear was available is a founder. I have a friend who decided to buy platinum instead just because he got some 75% discounts, which was a better deal than founder packs platinum wise. 

I'm also sure that if it wasn't because of the amount of supporters buying platinum and prime access founders would have no game where to show off their exclusives; their support alone would most likely have not been enough to keep the game running for so long.

Warframe was, frankly, a pile of garbage when it was first released. I recall fighting "Captain Vor", a generic melee grineer with a random full-body colour change. He was full pink on one of the runs. Someone like a founder who possibly threw a significant amount of money at the game and helped keep it alive deserves a bit of a reward, I think.

6 hours ago, Cingal said:

If I had the money back then I would had bought it too, sadly I didn't, anyway.

Yes its not a cosmetic it's a full gear you guys have.. What else you could ask for? a house? back then they did not have the money to give you fancy stuff like they do now, they needed the money to save the game and founders gave it to them.

Remember you are paying for in-game stuff it was promised exaclty that. You should be happy that you have something no one else will ever have, Umbra will be released yes, does it have anything to do with excalibur prime? fuc* no, even after release you guys will still have Excal Prime forever and it will not change.

DE knows it was a mistake to make Excal Prime exclusive to founders but, they didn't had the money to give something else.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-
fixed a mistake I made.

6 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I would not call "cosmetics" to gear with stats variations from their normal counterparts, even tough I kinda agree, DE could AND should have thought of it in a longer term and offer it as a timed exclusive or straight up as a bundle of exclusive cosmetics instead to avoid all of the "issues" that it has created during the whole life of the game.

And still noone else would ever be able to get an upgraded poster boy starterframe just because of a fool promise made in a moment of desperation of DE which is currently the flag waved by those founders salty at the existence of Umbra. 

Dayum the though of Umbra and the incoming salt is giving me the chills...! :crylaugh::devil:

-He has an Excalibur Umbra! :scared:

-You fools...we ALL have Excalibur Umbra! :inlove:

7 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I have no issues with upgrading the basic Excalibur, Skana and Lato to match the Prime versions in regards to stats.

The cosmetics are founder exclusive, and should stay that way. It's bad faith for DE to try to weasel out of this.

8 minutes ago, ChaosWolfGR said:

Dunno if you are aware of this but many accounts are being sold just so people can get access to Excal Prime. So that makes them founders?? Weird....and lame...

Owning something and not wanting other people to have it so you can be on the "special butterfly" team don't think is mature at all. Warframe has always been a game where you can get everything with a little effort. If you can't cope with this there are other games that offer more "exclusive" staff to the player with more customization options too.

And the "candy/story" that founders saved the game is a stupid one in my opinion. Many games have been pre-ordered by a lot of people and just failed cause they couldn't establish a solid playing community. Warframe would be no exception to this. 

It's not our fault others have sold their accounts. Why should we suffer collective punishment for it?

It's literally why we founded the game, mature or not, it's what was promised.

If weren't being honest about needing founders, they should refund it, and if they're going to abuse the trust of founders by weaselling, they should refund.

I'm sure the money they'll make on Umbra will cover any potential refund to founders anyway.

3 minutes ago, Cingal said:

I have no issues with upgrading the basic Excalibur, Skana and Lato to match the Prime versions in regards to stats.

The cosmetics are founder exclusive, and should stay that way. It's bad faith for DE to try to weasel out of this.

It's not our fault others have sold their accounts. Why should we suffer collective punishment for it?

It's literally why we founded the game, mature or not, it's what was promised.

If weren't being honest about needing founders, they should refund it, and if they're going to abuse the trust of founders by weaselling, they should refund.

I'm sure the money they'll make on Umbra will cover any potential refund to founders anyway.

👏👏👏👏so you need a money,then find a job. He is right in some way and so are you. But in the end when we all get Umbra in global build, all the rest are going to not need excal prime and we all can enjoy in playing Umbra. After all its just a game.

And that would make excalibur the only frame without an actual upgrade lol. Also, skana prime is a decent sidegrade with prisma skana and Lato prime can be turned into a beast of a weapon, i'm sure their base stats are way too much to be made available for players in the tutorial.

The only cosmetics on founder gear are the badge, the glyph and the sigil, fun enough, DE could do whatever they want with founder sigils since these weren't part of the original deal (sigils became a thing way after founder pack availability had ended).

4 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

And that would make excalibur the only frame without an actual upgrade lol. Also, skana prime is a decent sidegrade with prisma skana and Lato prime can be turned into a beast of a weapon, i'm sure their base stats are way too much to be made available for players in the tutorial.

The only cosmetics on founder gear are the badge, the glyph and the sigil, fun enough, DE could do whatever they want with founder sigils since these weren't part of the original deal (sigils became a thing way after founder pack availability had ended).

Too bad. That's the arrangement that was made.

DE can do whatever they want. They can release Excal Prime tomorrow if they really wanted.

But, do you seriously want to play a game by developers who'd wilfully show that kinda disrespect the people who founded the game in the first place?

14 minutes ago, Cingal said:

DE can do whatever they want. They can release Excal Prime tomorrow if they really wanted.

But, do you seriously want to play a game by developers who'd wilfully show that kinda disrespect the people who founded the game in the first place?

Do you even read? I didn't say anything about excalibur, lato and skana prime in that reply. However, I'm sure DE could do anything they wanted and then go hide behind the ToS/EULA to which we have all agreed; the main reason why they haven't re-released anything and decided to find a workaround is because of the bad image given by breaking a promise even tough steve himself regrets doing it.

5 hours ago, Cingal said:

Does it even matter? This topic has nothing to do with Founder gear. Everyone is getting Excalibur Umbra regardless of feedback, and Founders are going to keep all their exclusives with no difference aside from access to a third Excalibur. No loss, only gain. I thought the period of expressed discontent with the frame's existence was over ages ago. It's lame to you, not all Founders share this opinion.

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cingal said:

This is ridiculous to me. Excal Umbra isn't Excal Prime. They don't even look the same. The Prime is staying exclusive, and will almost certainly remain that way forever. Everyone else is getting Umbra specifically BECAUSE founders tend toward this sort of rhetoric of "I can only enjoy the game if others enjoy it less than me." To whine about Umbra is some serious next level entitlement.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, (PS4)dillonman202 said:

Man, I feel like it's close

I'd put my coins on late may/early june even if it means venus open world being released after tennocon. I'll be happy if umbra isn't as buggy as beasts of the sanctuary and drop chances of his parts are reasonable (unlike vandals on ESO)

Edited by ----Legacy----

4 hours ago, Cingal said:

My God the entitlement in this reply is astonishing..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I'd put my coins on late may/early june even if it means venus open world being released after tennocon. I'll be happy if umbra isn't as buggy as beasts of the sanctuary and drop chances of his parts are reasonable (unlike vandals on ESO)

Less time probably, if they have worked on the cinematics already then the only thing that needs to be done is what they are doing right now, a.k.a. editing the sounds and so on.

Let's say they know the place it will happen and the characters, then they must have finished the animations and so on by now, so the only thing needed now is having to edit the sounds a.k.a. applying effects, maybe background noises etc.

You could even say that the sound editing is the last step needed now, and that they will release it next week or so.

This is just an idea on how it works anyway, every studio has it's way of working on stuff.

I do hope it's finally on the corner tho since I just updated my warframe client, it's ready to umbra now just like I'm too.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Less time probably, if they have worked on the cinematics already then the only thing that needs to be done is what they are doing right now, a.k.a. editing the sounds and so on.

Let's say they know the place it will happen and the characters, then they must have finished the animations and so on by now, so the only thing needed now is having to edit the sounds a.k.a. applying effects, maybe background noises etc.

You could even say that the sound editing is the last step needed now, and that they will release it next week or so.

This is just an idea on how it works anyway, every studio has it's way of working on stuff.

I do hope it's finally on the corner tho since I just updated my warframe client, it's ready to umbra now just like I'm too.

Next year.

3 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Does it even matter? This topic has nothing to do with Founder gear. Everyone is getting Excalibur Umbra regardless of feedback, and Founders are going to keep all their exclusives with no difference aside from access to a third Excalibur. No loss, only gain. I thought the period of expressed discontent with the frame's existence was over ages ago. It's lame to you, not all Founders share this opinion.

This, it has nothing to do with Excal Prime or any of the Founders content, there's nothing to lose from this, if anything only to gain.(Like mix and matching Umbra and Prime helmets). Also why was this even brought up again? We already talked about this specific topic on this thread for a few times and ended it with the same conclusion, if anything it seems like someone is just trying to stir things up again.