Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

5 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Or, we could all have Frost Umbra, and founders can keep the exclusivity they were promised?

We could, there's a possibility he comes along with excalibur umbra. DE gave you exclusive access to single prime warframe. Not a promise of no future variation of excalibur.

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Cingal:

Excalibur umbra, minus accessories, looks basically exactly like Excalibur Prime. If you're selling a cosmetic to a group of people with a promise of not realising it, realising something almost exactly the same under a different name is a real S#&$ty thing to do.

No, Excalibur umbra minus accessories looks basically like EXCALIBUR. Because its another version of him, different from prime. Would you be happy if they had used a different base mesh?

Also, if you have problems with umbra being too similar to excal prime, what do you think about normal excalibur? There is almost no difference! And when putting on accessories or his new skin, HE HAS GOLD BITS TOO! Unacceptable! We filthy non-founder peasants must not be able to get our hands on that!

Your posts make pretty clear that your excalibur isnt that special to you. You just want the ability to stand above the other players. Excalibur umbra doesnt do anything to excal primes exclusivity, but people wont be as jealous of you as they are now, and that really seems to hurt you.

• Like 1

Hello tenno!

'Umbras Warframes with custom abilities'

That would be really cool, like a mode in dota 2, where you choose the ability for your hero, 'Ability draft'.

Imagine Excalibur Umbra casting the Nidus's ulti, or casting Oberon's Smite, or going with Loki's Invisibility. (examples).

The abilities would be unlocked for you if you have the warframe/ quest completed.

With this all the tennos could create a very cool, creative warframe with the 70 abilities we have. Of course a 'meta super warframe' would emerge, but maybe could had something that keep you changing the abilities, I don't know.

Let me know what you think, remember this is just an idea, nothing more.

Have fun tenno.

14 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Or, we could all have Frost Umbra, and founders can keep the exclusivity they were promised?

Founders have their Exclusivity. Founders have Excalibur Prime, which is a unique variant of a Warframe, with its own looks, and an associated status. Excalibur Prime will always and forever be a founders reward. No one can take that away, but founders paid for Excalibur Prime, not every variant of Excalibur.

The Umbra Warframe series is set to be markedly different from the Prime series. We don't know whether that entails a straight upgrade to Prime, or whether it'll simply be an alternative of comparable power and strength. What we do know is that, unlike Excalibur Prime, Excalibur Umbra is set to come in a quest meant to expand on the lore of the game in a major way. Founders certainly didn't pay for exclusive access to that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cingal said:

You refuse to accept any compromise that doesn't mean you getting these long awaited shinies you've been craving for years. I think I'm being pretty accurate.

You should really just respect the people who made Warframe what it is by founding the game.

I’m with Cingal on this one.  No matter your position, this isn’t about “Entitlement”.  

It’s about respect.  Having said that, Excal Umbra, for me personally, isn’t a Founder “end-around”.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I’m with Cingal on this one.  No matter your position, this isn’t about “Entitlement”.  

It’s about respect.

Its absolutely about entitlement, it means he has something and he wants  no one else to have anything that could infringe on what he has. He is rightfully entitled to what he paid for. DE payed respects by not releasing founders gear 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

It’s about respect.

No founder has earned my complete respect. The developers have my respect, Tennogen artists have my respect, but the founders are basically just customers who got to the front of the queue. However, I do support the idea that the founders paid for a product in the knowledge that it was exclusive. As such, I believe that the items purchased as part of the Founders Pack should not be resold or given away. I respect the terms of that transaction.

Excalibur Umbra was not in the Founders Pack. Excalibur Umbra is not Excalibur Prime and founders did not pay for every variant of Excalibur. Shockingly, Excalibur itself is something the very newest players of Warframe can get their hands on. The reason Excalibur is the first of the Umbra line of frames and not, say, Frost or Ember or whichever else, is because Excalibur (not Excalibur Prime) is the poster boy of this game. He's the 'first' frame development-wise and just as he was the first Warframe, and the first Prime, he'll be the first Umbra.

Further, this argument is just a little bit pointless because we know that The Sacrifice and Excalibur Umbra will be available for all players who have completed the main narrative quests up until this point. That's long been confirmed. Repeatedly,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dhashruman said:

Honestly, I'm starting to feel like these so called 'founders' are actually a bunch of arrogant and childish homo sapiens not to mention they probably have a difficulty in understanding simple English, or maybe they are just petty humans who take pride in trying to be the whinny little creatures they are over an issue that has no basis for a counter argument. It's already long been established that Umbra is gonna be a new line warframes so why even compare it to a prime warframe ie Excalibur Prime? Also since Excalibur has basically been the mascot of the game since the beginning it's perfectly logical for DE to make Excalibur the first warframe to get an Umbra variant. What this has to do and how it contradicts with Excalibur Prime (which isn't even that great imo) doesn't seem remotely logical. The only people who possibly could have an issue with it are the Chinese and that being said, their entire game is somewhat on a different platform compared to our global build. So in conclusion, founders should really get their s**t together and stop being petty little humans fighting a baseless argument just because they want to feel like they have something to say. Also I would like to say that this comment is directed to the specific founders who are still salty about the whole Umbra issue after 3 years and not at all founders as a whole because I'm sure not everyone shares their misguided opinion.

Cheers for your time.

Well wouldn't potray all of them like that because of the actions of a few "entitled kids" that happen to be Founders doesn't represent all of them, a lot of them said that they were ok with this and supported it.

4 hours ago, Cingal said:

I do. I'm not saying that the items on the cash shop should be made free, or that players don't deserve the various event items which get distributed.

But founders deserve their exclusives, not DE trying to weasel through loopholes to get at them.

Just stop, at this point you are only embarrassing yourself and making other Founders look bad.

You are not losing anything from this, what's so hard to understand here.

Edited by (PS4)reddragonhrcro

Seems kinda odd to speak about "Entitlement" when you refuse to accept anything other than getting founder items which were given out for making the game what it is.

I don't know why people refuse to be satisfied by another umbra and insist upon having a recolour of a founder frame.

1 minute ago, Cingal said:

Seems kinda odd to speak about "Entitlement" when you refuse to accept anything other than getting founder items which were given out for making the game what it is.

I don't know why people refuse to be satisfied by another umbra and insist upon having a recolour of a founder frame.

Oh I'd like to see how you recolor Excal Prime to look exactly like Umbra.

• Like 5

Just now, Cingal said:

Nobody is getting founder items, Excal Umbra has nothing to do with founder content, Excal Umbra =/= Excal Prime, get that through your thick skull. Excal Umbra is the first of the umbra line just how Excal was the first frame and first prime because he is the poster boy as already said, simple as that.

People wanted an Excal upgrade for so long and now we are getting one without taking away the exclusivity of the founders content.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Oh I'd like to see how you recolor Excal Prime to look exactly like Umbra.

They look almost exactly the same.

The gold trim is even in the same locations. The only thing which is somewhat different is the helmet. And even then it still borrows the golden-trimmed aesethetic associated with "Prime" frames.

It's at best, an edit.

Wouldn't you prefer a completely new aesthetic? Original in design rather than ripping off Founder's exclusivity?

10 minutes ago, Cingal said:

The gold trim is even in the same locations. The only thing which is somewhat different is the helmet. And even then it still borrows the golden-trimmed aesethetic associated with "Prime" frames.

It's at best, an edit.

Regular Excal with Apex skin looks more Umbra than Excal Prime. Should this skin be deleted from the game?

ZL24no1.jpg&key=63f0880dbe43bc408c5325e9

13 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Wouldn't you prefer a completely new aesthetic? Original in design rather than ripping off Founder's exclusivity?

IMO Excalibur Prime design is ugly. I mean the helmet. Just a hole for Rhino Prime's void key helmet. Body is completely identical to regular Excal except some bits recolored in gold.

Umbra is completely different. Beautiful scarf. Stylish loincloth. Stately gold crescents. It IS a completely new aesthetic, the frame is still Excalibur, but better. I couldn't wish for more.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cingal said:

It's at best, an edit.

Both Excalibur Umbra and Excalibur Prime are edits of Excalibur. Consequently, there will be some similarities between all three variants, particularly as Excalibur has one of the most streamlined designs in the game. However, while Excalibur Prime is a white and gold glossy thing, Excalibur Umbra is dark, with more twisted adornments and long cloth wrappings.

As for the golden trim, that's down to fact that both Prime and Umbra are more directly associated with the Orokin than the main Excalibur variant, and Orokin literally means 'Golden Family'.

Once again, founders were not promised anything more than what they got. They weren't promised Excalibur exclusivity, they weren't promised Excalibur variant exclusivity, they weren't promised gold-adornment exclusivity, or Excalibur-skin exclusivity, or anything like that. They paid for Excalibur Prime. They got Excalibur Prime. When Excalibur Umbra comes out, founders will still have Excalibur Prime.

Edited by SaferSaviour
  • Like 2

Before this gets out of hand, I want to give a little clarification to the non-Founders on why some Founders are not happy with Umbra,

You can just lump it as entitlement issue, call us self-centred or whatever, but this unhappiness is not totally without cause.

1. Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime are NOT just Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime.

Spoiler

Sounds wierd but let me explain.

Founders did not pay hard-earned money for just a frame and 2 weapons.

What we bought is what was marketed and promised via a digital contract (in case you do not know, digital contracts are as good as physical ones in most countries' court of law) that these items will be exclusive to us forever.

While I don't speak for all the Founders, we are actually very very very tired of hearing people asking, justifying and demanding for these items to return, and calling us entitled or special snowflakes when all we did was bought the Founders pack.

Exclusivity works like a secret, once it's out, it's gone forever.

It is entitlement but not in the negative way some non-Founders like to think.

It is the entitlement to what we paid money for.

It is no different from paying money for an apple and not wanting the vendor to change it to an orange and tell us to suck it up because it is still a fruit.

This includes the frame, the weapons and their exclusivity.

2. Excalibur, at this very moment, is the only frame that is out of line in terms of variants.

Spoiler

This is actually the main reason why some Founders are unhappy.

For a long time, there are only regular and Prime versions.

When DE sold us an exclusive version of Excalibur in the form of Excalibur Prime, they pretty much sealed the upgraded version of Excalibur as exclusive whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Back then, DE could have made an Umbra line instead, keeping Excalibur Prime as the only Prime and out of the "system", and things could have been much easier for everyone.

The problem is the introduction of a new line of frames with the Excalibur as the first one can give the impression of trying to remove exclusivity of Excalibur Prime.

Again, this is because up to now, there has been no precedent to upgraded version of a frame other than a Prime.

Now, instead of creating an Umbra line first, then eventually bringing in Excalibur Umbra, we are getting Excalibur Umbra first and this rightfully does seem like a roundabout way of getting around the exclusivity, whether intentionally or not.

There is a reason why Umbra line cannot and should not just stop at Excalibur Umbra because if it does, it becomes very very clear as an elaborate attempt to go around this exclusivity.

This sort of action would be like a vendor repackaging an apple and selling it as an orange, even though it was promised that the apple will never be sold. The vendor then takes other fruits and repackage them as oranges too, making it seem like the repackaged apple is really what forced their hand in repackaging other fruits into oranges.

After all, Excalibur Umbra Prime in Chinaframe has higher stats and actually looks different from a regular Excalibur compared to Excalibur Prime.

Given the way things work, god knows how long Excalibur Umbra will be the only Umbra and also god knows if it will be so good that it makes Excalibur Prime more of a gimp than an actually usable frame.

Couple that with the fact of how Excalibur Prime looks like a regular Excalibur with an ugly helmet, there would be zero reason to ever use it.

That will be like buying a hammer to hammer a nail, only to later find out that everyone is given an electric drill for absolutely free. At that point, using the hammer and even the thought that he/she paid money for it will just make the user seem dumb.

If we take the mindset that Umbra line is created just so Excalibur Umbra can be released, then there's no surprise why a Founder could be angry. It will be like pulling a fast one. Selling you something that will have an even better version given out for free, making you want to step into a time machine and rectify this.

Interestingly, this very same point is also why non-Founders think it is ok because they are seeing it or at least justifying it as an entire new line.

In that sense, it is ok if we take the mindset that Excalibur Umbra just so happens to be part of a new line of frames created and it isn't an elaborate attempt to go around the exclusivity.

This whole issue and argument is really just a mindset thing and how you see Excalibur Umbra with relation to the new Umbra line.

Both sides aren't wrong but considering DE already made their decision, there really is no point arguing now.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Cingal said:

I just think DE should stay true to their word and not try to wiggle out of this sorta thing by renaming and recolouring. It's insulting.

Dude just remember there will be other umbras it's te new set of warframe not just Excalibur, please stop alright it's not called prime so it's not prime thats it, if i had the money to buy Excal Prime back then I would not be *@##$ing right now with Umbra, instead I would be way happier with another set of warframe.

6 hours ago, Cingal said:

I do. I'm not saying that the items on the cash shop should be made free, or that players don't deserve the various event items which get distributed.

But founders deserve their exclusives, not DE trying to weasel through loopholes to get at them.

You know what, you should be bit*ching about Primes in general instead of umbra, since as you know primes would not be a thing as DE said once, primes turned to be a thing after non-founders and founders asked to get the other frames primed if I'm right.

The end of the story is that you are *@##$'ing about something that has nothing to do with Founders nor their exclusive gears. Dark version of primes was already something people (including me) were thinking about long ago when the first primes were released, their time has come and we will get it. NOW, here is the thing, EXCALIBUR PRIME was an unfair thing because Excalibur is sort of the main frame and ever was, making it exclusive and inaccessible to anyone else was highly unfair with normal players and then you come to me and say it's unfair to release Umbra (that is exaclty a new set of warframes (a.k.a. Excal Umbra, Rhino umbra, Loki Umbra etc)? Cmon dude.

Ok then, from now on, let's only release founder exclusive items, I guess now you will be happy right? even tho only you will play it alone.

9 hours ago, Cingal said:

You refuse to accept any compromise that doesn't mean you getting these long awaited shinies you've been craving for years.

Umbra IS the compromise. You get Prime as exclusive, everyone can have access to a similar but different frame; the Umbra. -That- is the compromise, and it's quite clear that it is you who cannot accept it.

Compromise is about finding middle ground. That's what Umbra does. It doesn't give others Excalibur Prime, it gives them something similar. Nor does it take your Prime away.

Apparently your definition of compromise is that you get exactly what you want, and everyone else gets nothing resembling what they want. So what im saying is... you need a new dictionary. Yours is broken.

• Like 5