Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 minute ago, Gabriel_98 said:

If it's happening tonight....

I wouldn't say no.

Thanks to the recent glorious update I've left the launcher open before coming in to work, so if it drops there's a chance it'll be waiting for me.

And even if it doesn't drop tonight, I get the feeling I'll be leaving that launcher open till it does. My friends will think I'm addicted to Warframe... not that they already don't...

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

I will say this: yea, it's not gonna live up to the hype, but that's not incredibly the dev team's fault. They had plans to release as they saw fit, and over the years an audacious quantity of hype built up. I'm doing my best, over the next few days/hours(???) to clear my head of expectations.
They are excellent builders and with all the mishaps that occur, I'd still have them as Warframe's developers.

A mind clear of expectations is sure to be astounded.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aleksi134 said:

Hell no it isnt

Ok, most people will do their own happy jig. There's going to be plenty of whiners waiting to complain about whatever they can come up with to complain about, but we know that much is a given.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NeroAugustine said:

I will say this: yea, it's not gonna live up to the hype, but that's not incredibly the dev team's fault. They had plans to release as they saw fit, and over the years an audacious quantity of hype built up. I'm doing my best, over the next few days/hours(???) to clear my head of expectations.
They are excellent builders and with all the mishaps that occur, I'd still have them as Warframe's developers.

A mind clear of expectations is sure to be astounded.

Actually, its precisely their fault. Hype is managed with information. We received nothing. So, in that absence, some people let their imaginations run wild and spread those theories all over the forum. They could have fixed it, but decided not to.

1 minute ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Actually, its precisely their fault. Hype is managed with information. We received nothing. So, in that absence, some people let their imaginations run wild and spread those theories all over the forum. They could have fixed it, but decided not to.

That's totally our fault, tho. Nobody blamed mom & dad for hyping themselves up over a mystery birthday or Christmas gift growing up that ddn't turn out how they expected, so I don't get how this is any different. It's our responsibility to keep our hype in check, not DE.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nyx219 said:

Ok, most people will do their own happy jig. There's going to be plenty of whiners waiting to complain about whatever they can come up with to complain about, but we know that much is a given.

yes am fully prepared over here to whine about umbra not being the exact thing I wanted it to be (aka, just a damn reskinned excal, I never wanted anything more than that), get over it after less than a week and move on

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Now I will say it again... I smell it is near. 

Also prepare for Primed Disappointment if Excal Umbra is just a reskin with a unique mechanic attached to it. 

No need to worry about that. Devs have confirmed its not a skin in any shape or form plenty of times.

And hell yeah its near, they cant leave a this big update to Friday.

• Like 1