Jump to content

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Aleksi134 said:

Hell no it isnt

Ok, most people will do their own happy jig. There's going to be plenty of whiners waiting to complain about whatever they can come up with to complain about, but we know that much is a given.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, NeroAugustine said:

I will say this: yea, it's not gonna live up to the hype, but that's not incredibly the dev team's fault. They had plans to release as they saw fit, and over the years an audacious quantity of hype built up. I'm doing my best, over the next few days/hours(???) to clear my head of expectations.
They are excellent builders and with all the mishaps that occur, I'd still have them as Warframe's developers.

A mind clear of expectations is sure to be astounded.

Actually, its precisely their fault. Hype is managed with information. We received nothing. So, in that absence, some people let their imaginations run wild and spread those theories all over the forum. They could have fixed it, but decided not to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Actually, its precisely their fault. Hype is managed with information. We received nothing. So, in that absence, some people let their imaginations run wild and spread those theories all over the forum. They could have fixed it, but decided not to.

That's totally our fault, tho. Nobody blamed mom & dad for hyping themselves up over a mystery birthday or Christmas gift growing up that ddn't turn out how they expected, so I don't get how this is any different. It's our responsibility to keep our hype in check, not DE.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nyx219 said:

Ok, most people will do their own happy jig. There's going to be plenty of whiners waiting to complain about whatever they can come up with to complain about, but we know that much is a given.

 

yes am fully prepared over here to whine about umbra not being the exact thing I wanted it to be (aka, just a damn reskinned excal, I never wanted anything more than that), get over it after less than a week and move on

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Now I will say it again... I smell it is near. 

 

Also prepare for Primed Disappointment if Excal Umbra is just a reskin with a unique mechanic attached to it. 

No need to worry about that. Devs have confirmed its not a skin in any shape or form plenty of times.

 

And hell yeah its near, they cant leave a this big update to Friday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Actually, its precisely their fault. Hype is managed with information. We received nothing. So, in that absence, some people let their imaginations run wild and spread those theories all over the forum. They could have fixed it, but decided not to.

Except that they have a right to withhold information, especially when it comes to stories and plot that is better served as in-mission exposition. (in-mission Exposition is fun to say)
They should not be held responsible for the reactions of other people. If you are going to tell me that you cannot accept that it's 'a little' over-hyped, wipe clean your expectations, and enjoy it as they intended it, and that they should be held responsible for your disappointment, then you are essentially saying that they have more control of yourself then you do.

I doubt that's what you mean, so all I am saying is that what happened, happened. No need to blame. If you wanna talk about responsibility, then take it yourself, and enjoy whatever they dish out, because they put a ton of effort and heart into this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NeroAugustine said:

Except that they have a right to withhold information, especially when it comes to stories and plot that is better served as in-mission exposition. (in-mission Exposition is fun to say)
They should not be held responsible for the reactions of other people. If you are going to tell me that you cannot accept that it's 'a little' over-hyped, wipe clean your expectations, and enjoy it as they intended it, and that they should be held responsible for your disappointment, then you are essentially saying that they have more control of yourself then you do.

I doubt that's what you mean, so all I am saying is that what happened, happened. No need to blame. If you wanna talk about responsibility, then take it yourself, and enjoy whatever they dish out, because they put a ton of effort and heart into this.

Yes they have the right to withhold information but the point still stands that unless you throw people a bone every now and again expectations get way to high that is just human nature, so in a sense it's on the fault of both parties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...