Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

46 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Actually, its precisely their fault. Hype is managed with information. We received nothing. So, in that absence, some people let their imaginations run wild and spread those theories all over the forum. They could have fixed it, but decided not to.

Except that they have a right to withhold information, especially when it comes to stories and plot that is better served as in-mission exposition. (in-mission Exposition is fun to say)
They should not be held responsible for the reactions of other people. If you are going to tell me that you cannot accept that it's 'a little' over-hyped, wipe clean your expectations, and enjoy it as they intended it, and that they should be held responsible for your disappointment, then you are essentially saying that they have more control of yourself then you do.

I doubt that's what you mean, so all I am saying is that what happened, happened. No need to blame. If you wanna talk about responsibility, then take it yourself, and enjoy whatever they dish out, because they put a ton of effort and heart into this.

1 minute ago, NeroAugustine said:

Except that they have a right to withhold information, especially when it comes to stories and plot that is better served as in-mission exposition. (in-mission Exposition is fun to say)
They should not be held responsible for the reactions of other people. If you are going to tell me that you cannot accept that it's 'a little' over-hyped, wipe clean your expectations, and enjoy it as they intended it, and that they should be held responsible for your disappointment, then you are essentially saying that they have more control of yourself then you do.

I doubt that's what you mean, so all I am saying is that what happened, happened. No need to blame. If you wanna talk about responsibility, then take it yourself, and enjoy whatever they dish out, because they put a ton of effort and heart into this.

Yes they have the right to withhold information but the point still stands that unless you throw people a bone every now and again expectations get way to high that is just human nature, so in a sense it's on the fault of both parties.

12 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

I'm gonna say here what I said on discord yesterday:

"Re watched the trailer, it made me think about if Umbra passive skill is rage like skill, killing a certain amount of enemies or something else makes he crawl and hawl and then boom he has a buff or something"

Or it could be the unique mechanic. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

It's not incorrect to blame both sides of this.

However... one side has all the power, all the info, and makes the deadlines.

So...

Yeah pretty much, it's more of finding out who is more to blame for to much hype.

But if you play The Sacrifice tomorrow and you are ticked that it's not worth four years of bloated hype, then that's on you. You, right now, know that the main reason you'd be disappointed is because you are comparing this new quest to hype that you don't even believe is resourceful.
You are thus weighing the update against a quality you know is initially unfair.

The reasonable thing to do isn't to play it, hate it, and pass it off as a crap job on DE's part, because right now, you can use levelheaded thinking to rationalize that the hype doesn't matter, because it was born in a vacuum of player expectation, and thus a poor standard to hold The Sacrifice to.

A lack of action is not the same as a malevolent action.

• Like 8

Just now, NeroAugustine said:

But if you play The Sacrifice tomorrow and you are ticked that it's not worth four years of bloated hype, then that's on you. You, right now, know that the main reason you'd be disappointed is because you are comparing this new quest to hype that you don't even believe is resourceful.
You are thus weighing the update against a quality you know is initially unfair.

The reasonable thing to do isn't to play it, hate it, and pass it off as a crap job on DE's part, because right now, you can use levelheaded thinking to rationalize that the hype doesn't matter, because it was born in a vacuum of player expectation, and thus a poor standard to hold The Sacrifice to.

A lack of action is not the same as a malevolent action.

Well they could have kept hype in check but they basically said nothing until now where it is to little to late compounded by the fact this took so long, I have no sympathy for the fact that they are going to get criticized to high hell. The worst part of all is Rebb said in a tweet that the criticism would be "contextually and practically incorrect" and yet doesn't elaborate on why that is.

• Like 2

Just now, SnivicDelta said:

Well they could have kept hype in check but they basically said nothing until now where it is to little to late compounded by the fact this took so long, I have no sympathy for the fact that they are going to get criticized to high hell. The worst part of all is Rebb said in a tweet that the criticism would be "contextually and practically incorrect" and yet doesn't elaborate on why that is.

Well, it sounds like that info, and the rest of the info they could have shared about The Sacrifice, is all going to be revealed during the update, all in context.
In that case, good for them.
They aren't responsible for putting out hype fires of players, and I'm sure that anyone who goes into The Sacrifice as a patron as opposed to a critic, is going to enjoy it.
I thus have no sympathy for anyone who can't enjoy it because they are looking for someone to blame for disappointment they themselves have the power to prevent.
DE will be fine regardless.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

kind of in the front to middle , it has lots of influences i think

i just think its well done, helms not to big, scarfs to small imo 

They would have to find a decently long piece of cloth to work with. By the looks of it, it's wrapped about a one and a half times over the frame's neck, yet one end is still sticking out of the front and dangling in front of his torso, while the other is dragging behind him. Warframes are around 7ft tall I believe, so take that into account along with the wrapping and you have just one big ass strip of cloth.

Aside from that, I'd be willing to buy the weapon from them if they'd ever sell it. It's gorgeous.

Edited by LazerSkink

4 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

They would have to find a decently long piece of cloth to work with. By the looks of it, it's wrapped about a one and a half times over the frame's neck, yet one end is still sticking out of the front and dangling in front of his torso, while the other is dragging behind him. Warframes are around 7ft tall I believe, so take that into account along with the wrapping and you have just one big ass strip of cloth.

Aside from that, I'd be willing to buy the weapon from them if they'd ever sell it. It's gorgeous.

ill buy it all D:<