(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 hour ago, Beartornado said:

I would think it's the players with self control who have all the power.

So much for taking responsibility for our actions. Sure can't wait for the advertising campaigns that add another drag to the budget just to repeatedly tell you at every possible turn "You stop that, stop being excited, it's not coming out anytime soon" or "it's gonna be another cool entry but it's not that great, maybe a 6/10 at best."

Should we also start auto-locking threads discussing unreleased content? Can't risk the hype after all.

I'll rate this ridiculous/10.

First off, what actions? Trying to guess what the update will entail? There are a multitude of ways to show off details and concepts without spoiling story aspects and other features they want to be a surprise. DE's alternative? Go radio silent on the issue for years. Sure, parts of the quest may have just been finished this year... how were we to know that? Psychically? 

As for the rest, if I need to explain the difference between legitimate hype management for a video game company and... whatever you described, then there's a different problem.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

I'll rate this ridiculous/10.

Mutual

First off, what actions? Trying to guess what the update will entail? There are a multitude of ways to show off details and concepts without spoiling story aspects and other features they want to be a surprise. DE's alternative? Go radio silent on the issue for years. Sure, parts of the quest may have just been finished this year... how were we to know that? Psychically? 

Radio silence was my first signal to stop caring about it pretty quickly after last years teaser. I never forgot about it but PoE was the starchild they pushed for fall so my attention directed to that.

Apostasy Prologue was the reminder that Sacrifice is still on the way, and I appreciated that they dropped that little surprise right before the Christmas break. But I've never felt the need to labor about Umbra and The Sacrifice endlessly. Maybe it helps that as much as I adore this game I play other games too.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

As for the rest, if I need to explain the difference between legitimate hype management for a video game company and... whatever you described, then there's a different problem.

What I described was intentionally ridiculous. Hype management itself suggests DE was forcing any kind of Hype for The Sacrifice outside of reminding us it's the next exciting entry in the story but it's still a work in progress.

Seriously, compare what they've done to "Hype" The Sacrifice vs what they did for Plains of Eidolon. One of them was clearly DE driven, the other was player driven. If you can't tell the difference there then there is indeed a different problem.

• Like 1

Wonder if the update is coming tomorrow. Hope so, it's my last day off for about a week or so.

Just now, Blade said:

Wonder if the update is coming tomorrow. Hope so, it's my last day off for about a week or so.

yes pls, come on DE, gimme umbra tomorrow, i've been patiently waiting for it since you released him in china (even though thats excal umbra and this one seems to be just umbra, which IMO its even better <3)

• Like 1

The worst part is knowing that once the update drops I'm going to have to wait a few hours for it to download, what with my weak internet. And I can't kill time by browsing the forums or streams because of spoiler reasons so the only thing to do in that time is curl up in the feotal position and try not to get too excited.

1 minute ago, Omnijack said:

The worst part is knowing that once the update drops I'm going to have to wait a few hours for it to download, what with my weak internet. And I can't kill time by browsing the forums or streams because of spoiler reasons so the only thing to do in that time is curl up in the feotal position and try not to get too excited.

I know your pain 😭

7 minutes ago, Omnijack said:

Luckily, you will get it with at least some bugs fixed and surely almost not instability in DE servers.

Edited by Deimos_Lynx

27 minutes ago, Beartornado said:

Seriously, compare what they've done to "Hype" The Sacrifice vs what they did for Plains of Eidolon. One of them was clearly DE driven, the other was player driven. If you can't tell the difference there then there is indeed a different problem.

As I clearly stated hype management. And you proved my point. DE managed the hype for POE. They did demos, Q&A's, they showed it off, and told us a great deal about it and what it would entail. They're failure to do that for Sacrifice isn't our fault. If, when it eventually comes out, people are disappointed because they're comparing it to what they imagined, then that is their fault. Until then, its squarely in DE's court. And it's been a mismanaged one. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

17 minutes ago, Omnijack said:

Has there been any word on the size?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Has there been any word on the size?

Expect around 1-4GB 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

As I clearly stated hype management. And you proved my point. DE managed the hype for POE. They did demos, Q&A's, they showed it off, and told us a great deal about it and what it would entail. They're failure to do that for Sacrifice isn't our fault. If, when it eventually comes out, people are disappointed because they're comparing it to what they imagined, then that is their fault. Until then, its squarely in DE's court. And it's been a mismanaged one. 

I still don't understand what DE is at fault for. You seem to say the players are, or rather will be, at fault for overhyping themselves once The Sacrifice comes out. However DE is at fault for.. not showing off The Sacrifice before it releases?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beartornado said:

I still don't understand what DE is at fault for. You seem to say the players are, or rather will be, at fault for overhyping themselves once The Sacrifice comes out. However DE is at fault for.. not showing off The Sacrifice before it releases?

Players are at fault when they're disappointed when the product isn't as good as their imaginings. This will come after it releases, you can set your watch to it. But before the release, it's all on them. It would cost them nothing to have come out sometime over the past few months, or years, and... idk, clarify that Umbra isn't some entirely new frame with new powers. It's an Excalibur variant, with all that that does and doesn't entail.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

On 2018-06-09 at 8:38 AM, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Thtas the reason why consoles don’t have the Apex skin? Because the creator wants ownership of it? Its purely a matter of pride?

I don’t think this is a typical hype site. The Sacrifice is something DE wants to keep as hush as possible.

On 2018-06-09 at 4:35 PM, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Oh my, thank you so much! May I ask, wasn’t your old IGN AntoineFlemming? 

So, I contacted [DE]Taylor, and she told me there are a number of criteria that determine which items go to console from PC, but that DE is the one who reaches out to creators to get their content transferred to console. She said that due to how busy they are, she really doesn't know what plans they have to bring more older content to console. Probably not exactly great news, but DE determines which content goes over, not the creator. She also didn't tell me what that criteria was, just that DE reaches out to creators when they want to transfer their content. Maybe if people ask DE to transfer the content, they'll do it if there's enough demand.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Players are at fault when they're disappointed when the product isn't as good as their imaginings. This will come after it releases, you can set your watch to it. But before the release, it's all on them. It would cost them nothing to have come out sometime over the past few months, or years, and... idk, clarify that Umbra isn't some entirely new frame with new powers. It's an Excalibur variant, with all that that does and doesn't entail.

Dude, again, I point to the reference I made to blaming parents while growing up for being hyped over a gift -- you know you're getting something to do with what you wanted in the first place, but even mom & dad aren't obligated to spoil the surprise just because you can't stand it.

Maybe they want that to be the surprise.

With this last trailer's release and the "Umbra Cosmetics" coming out I've started to wonder if DE has instead converted Umbra to an NPC rather than being a playable frame. Or even crazier if Umbra becomes an NPC and a playable frame, or if that means warframes themselves will be acknowledged as independent, aware and conscious entities that are player controlled like the Operator.

But that's all my wild speculation, that's where your complaint falls apart. I like the surprise, I think a lot of players do, but you can't simultaneously criticize players for overhyping themselves while also criticizing DE for failing to effectively spoil what they want to be a surprise just to calm the hype.

Edited by Beartornado
  • Like 1
  • Woah 1

3 hours ago, Beartornado said:

if DE has instead converted Umbra to an NPC rather than being a playable frame

no

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

1 minute ago, Beartornado said:

Maybe they want that to be the surprise.

With this last trailer's release and the "Umbra Cosmetics" coming out I've started to wonder if DE has instead converted Umbra to an NPC rather than being a playable frame. Or even crazier if Umbra becomes an NPC and a playable frame, or if that means warframes themselves will be acknowledged as independent, aware and conscious entities that are player controlled like the Operator.

But that's all my wild speculation, that's where your complaint falls apart. I like the surprise, I think a lot of players do, but you can't simultaneously criticize players for overhyping themselves while also criticizing DE for effectively spoiling what they want to be a surprise just to calm the hype.

I really hope not. Making Umbra an NPC and not a playable warframe is a great way to piss off the community. It better be a frame. At the very least, we should be able to get those Umbra accessories (the scarf, the loin cloth, the helmet, and the chest, back, arm, and thigh pieces for both Excal and Excal Prime).

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

no

for the quote you quoted.

9 hours ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Umbra is a NPC mimimi Umbra is unplayable mimimimi. Umbra will never get released he was not in the last trailer mimimi.

Here: I guess you were wrong..

I haven't followed all the story around this, but i was expecting Umbra to be a completly new frame with new powers and such.

And from what i am understanding i was wrong, this umbra is nothing but an Excalibur prime with another name ?

I always thought we wound never ever get any form of Primed Excalibur as they were reserved to people who where there first, and i was completly ok with that.
So i upgraded my excalibur and spent plats on reactor, exilus, formas and skin, so im kinda annoyed by this as i felt i lost plats (i only upgrade primed frames basically, exca was the only one).

So this umbra will be able to use excalibur skin and such ? (if the powers are the same as exca, i guess so)

Is there any way i can ask a refund all the plats in spent in formas, reactor, and exilus (and remove them from the frame of course), so i can spend them on the Umbra version instead ? 

• Applause 1

3 hours ago, Beartornado said:

no

f27bb5842363d31db57f5f14a015f81d.png

3 hours ago, Tical said:

Is there any way i can ask a refund all the plats in spent in formas, reactor, and exilus (and remove them from the frame of course), so i can spend them on the Umbra version instead ? 

Investments in one variant of a warframe are not able to be reversed because another has come along. Sorry, you're just going to have to reinvest in Umbra.

Just now, Tical said:

I haven't followed all the story around this, but i was expecting Umbra to be a completly new frame with new powers and such.

And from what i am understanding i was wrong, this umbra is nothing but an Excalibur prime with another name ?

I always thought we wound never ever get any form of Primed Excalibur as they were reserved to people who where there first, and i was completly ok with that.
So i upgraded my excalibur and spent plats on reactor, exilus, formas and skin, so im kinda annoyed by this as i felt i lost plats (i only upgrade primed frames basically, exca was the only one).

So this umbra will be able to use excalibur skin and such ? (if the powers are the same as exca, i guess so)

and something else, we don't know if it has the same abilities. He is not tagged as Excalibur Umbra, he is just Umbra, maybe he has different abilities.

• Applause 1