(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

10 minutes ago, Degameth said:

So with new Umbra Frames will there be quests to get them

Obviously the former (which I have isolated).

I would like to believe that, one way or another, Founders would be able to put Excalibur Prime cosmetics on Excalibur Umbra. If not, then for those Founders who lost Excalibur Prime for one reason or another, Umbra would be their salvation.

Real question is, now, how would we get Ballas' Sword?

7 minutes ago, NeroXero said:

Also they wont get rid of operators, because too much work went into them to just scrap them.

Spoiler

They can't get rid of Operators because they are the only means of direct Void damage as of now. The closest thing to 'removing' them is giving them a new Focus School to allow them to Transference into their Warframe directly, replacing the Warframe's head with their own - effectively canonizing the humanized Warframe concept and preserving their powers and means of direct Void damage, but Void Blast is swapped for melee. Of course this visually cannot work with some Warframes (like Chroma), but that can be worked around by making them visually unchanged. This could also be where the Channeling FX could live on.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

[comment]

Then they'll improvise, I suppose... As for Ballas? Maybe both? He could challenge us to a melee-only duel with no powers; a fair fight. If we win, we swap melee weapons and keep them. Would be funny to see Ballas try and use a Nikana Prime with that long arm of his.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Expanded with a reply to Nero and Bloodline.

1 minute ago, NeroXero said:

Well I think that something will happen to Teshin, because for watching twitch partner streams we get golden teshin bust.

Teshin was just one of many Dax soldiers. They all wore the same armour and had the same weapons, so there is a possibility that the bust is in fact of another Dax entirely. 

• Applause 1

Только что, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 сказал:

Teshin was just one of many Dax soldiers. They all wore the same armour and had the same weapons, so there is a possibility that the bust is in fact of another Dax entirely. 

Maybe maybe not, its all speculation and beside the fact that some male character close to us will die(most likely by the hands of Ballas) we have little info.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Founders would be able to put Excalibur Prime cosmetics on Excalibur Umbra

Well, seeing as how Umbra is a separate frame altogether that's not going to be possible. 

2 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Real question is, now, how would we get Ballas' Sword?

Either he gives it to us, or we take from him forcefully. I hope it's the former.

I guess you could say the "hype site" got updated.

https://www.warframe.com/thesacrifice/info

Looks like were getting Umbra cosmetics and more Operator cosmetics and the new UI changes. 

Was it revealed what type of item is the Dax bust is? Like is it an Operator cosmetic? or just a decorative orbiter piece?

9 minutes ago, NeroXero said:

Maybe maybe not, its all speculation and beside the fact that some male character close to us will die(most likely by the hands of Ballas) we have little info.

How do you know that the person isn't already dead? After all, the original Umbra appearance was supposed to be during a flashback in TWW, during which Ballas was asking a "mystery Dax" just how far he'd go to protect/save someone.

Remember this quest is supposed to be exploring the Warframes origin and to do that, we need to look back in time. Everyone has always taken Ballas "all miracles require sacrifice" words to mean that we will have to sacrifice something in the future quest, but not a lot of people think about whether or not he's in fact referring to a past event that we don't know about yet.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

2 minutes ago, Midrib said:

as it revealed what type of item is the Dax bust is? Like is it an Operator cosmetic? or just a decorative orbiter piece?

It's an Orbiter decoration. It would very odd for an Operator to be carrying a huge bust around everywhere.

2 минуты назад, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 сказал:

It's an Orbiter decoration. It would very odd for an Operator to be carrying a huge bust around everywhere.

he will wear it, and everyone will beleive that he is not tenno

10 minutes ago, Gabriel_98 said:

-snip-

It it just me or is that a tombstone of some sort in the top left of the first picture? 

4_BE861_F8_54_EA_4_EAE_8714_EB978_E90_A2

15 minutes ago, Gabriel_98 said:

Hey, that Operator isn't using an amp. And, after a mite of testing, the regular void beam looks nothing like that weird bubble over the hand. I checked just to make sure that wasn't an effect that occurs before the void beam come out and it is not. New Operator powers confirmed?

• Woah 1

Ok i'm just gonna point this out because it triggered me so much.

What in tarnation is that shield lancer doing. Really bro? your gonna hold that shield like that and expect us not to notice?

• Haha 2
  • Satisfied 1

Lets go back to the teaser, for one we see lua crumbling down and being destroyed and also this

If you could trade, would you? Surely. But all miracles, require sacrifice... for their life... ...yours.

Who is he talking about? maybe he is talking to the lotus and he (Person not specified)  is saying that with context with saving the tenno trading your life for ours? maybe he s talking to the margulis part of the lotus

Looks like the sakura tree has a special role in this quest, in the trailer the tree is dead and Umbra howls near it and when he is doing that, there's energy coming from his body, maybe he's trying to bring the tree back alive using that energy?

Edited by Gabriel_98

2 hours ago, Degameth said:

So with new Umbra Frames will there be quests to get them OR higher level Void Fissures (80-100+) with super rare relics?  Just a thought...

Didn't they say that they were creating a new system for getting umbras in a recent devstream? I'd have to go check but I remember it catching my interest.

9 minutes ago, Gabriel_98 said:

Looks like the sakura tree has a special role in this quest, in the trailer the tree is dead and Umbra howls near it and when he is doing that, there's energy coming from his body, maybe he's trying to bring the tree back alive using that energy?

Considering that Orokin habitats are full of roots and such, there could be some truth to that. Or that something dormant within the tree is what he seeks to enliven.
The Oro roots can transmit consciousness, so maybe they can retain it as well.

6 minutes ago, ErzaSakuretto said:

All i wish for is that we don't lose/kill Ballas, that voice is so damn epic, gives me the chills every time i hear it.

It will be dissapointing to see an anticipated Orokin to be killed in one quest. Major waste of resource and story potential.

Do you think we will have to grind for Umbra parts or just given to us after completion of story quest? 

If it is a grind, I hope its not like getting the prime through relics type of grind.