Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

6 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Eh, given how updates have been lately, I won't hold my breath Drk. I mean like at Wisp, Abriartions.

DE Keep saying how "Massive and expanding" New War is, not just a "Quest" but they said this before Tennocon, now look what happened. 

well they did say jupiter rework took more then they thought , personally i like wisp and her kit. but probably take a few hotfixs to get her stable i think.

i also know that things we have been getting have been completed or in works for a while , so its not like de isnt always doing something in the background

7 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well they did say jupiter rework took more then they thought , personally i like wisp and her kit. but probably take a few hotfixs to get her stable i think.

i also know that things we have been getting have been completed or in works for a while , so its not like de isnt always doing something in the background

Unlike last year, which I'm thankful for.

If I'm honest, I don't mind the [DE]lays in this case. 'A delayed game will be good eventually' and whatnot. Might be less true nowadays, but it's still at least a little true. First impressions matter.

Personally there is only 1 more Umbra I want to see, and that is the Genesis of the umbra, the accident or test which proved the self thinking warframe is possible that gave Balas the confidence that he could create and control this thing.

Umbra warframes are cool but I want them to be a supplement to what we have rather than a strait power replacement like Excal Umbra is

Edited by h3addie

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Unlike last year, which I'm thankful for.

If I'm honest, I don't mind the [DE]lays in this case. 'A delayed game will be good eventually' and whatnot. Might be less true nowadays, but it's still at least a little true. First impressions matter.

make sense

21 minutes ago, h3addie said:

Personally there is only 1 more Umbra I want to see, and that is the Genesis of the umbra, the accident or test which proved the self thinking warframe is possible that gave Balas the confidence that he could create and control this thing.

Umbra warframes are cool but I want them to be a supplement to what we have rather than a strait power replacement like Excal Umbra is

that was kinda excalibur umbra but he was subject 9 in the process to create that frame 

On 2019-05-10 at 2:50 AM, h3addie said:

yeah I am wanting to see "Patient 0" beyond that Umbra copies of warframes dont interest me

I want a Warframe we can customize like our operator, mix and match powers from other Warframes we've built, and have it's stats based on mastery of each school.

'Patient Zero', or a made from scratch Umbra could fit these parameters.

On 2019-04-25 at 9:32 AM, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Yeah. Excalibur Umbra Prime was darker. His cloth was black, not gray. His gray parts were a darker gray. He's not slimmer though.

If they did make him slimmer he would look like a stick man.

• Like 3

On 2019-05-08 at 5:00 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

You'll be surprised 

On 2019-05-16 at 7:20 AM, (XB1)Kavriel said:

I want a Warframe we can customize like our operator, mix and match powers from other Warframes we've built, and have it's stats based on mastery of each school.

'Patient Zero', or a made from scratch Umbra could fit these parameters.

Basically, you want a warframe that replaces every other warframe.

On 2019-05-17 at 11:13 AM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

that wont ever happen

Not likely, but if adding a warframes, say 4th ability to your custom frame required sacrificing that warframe, it might be more plausible.

You'd have to at least own a frame to use one of it's abilities, and if they upgraded similarly to arcanes we'd have a reason to build frames multiple times. Might revitalize the market, who knows.

17 hours ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

Not likely, but if adding a warframes, say 4th ability to your custom frame required sacrificing that warframe, it might be more plausible.

You'd have to at least own a frame to use one of it's abilities, and if they upgraded similarly to arcanes we'd have a reason to build frames multiple times. Might revitalize the market, who knows.

why do that when we can have stuff like equinox who has basically 7 powers? 

On 2019-05-21 at 5:20 AM, (XB1)Kavriel said:

This would turn all existing and future warframes into nothing more but a fodder for the custom warframe. Do you think the game needs it?

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

This would turn all existing and future warframes into nothing more but a fodder for the custom warframe. Do you think the game needs it?

Indeed.

The only way I could see a custom frame system working is if the frame was, contrary to stuff like Kitguns or Zaws, substantially weaker. One way I could see it is using the 'pre-buff' versions of certain abilities or movesets. Like Limbo's OG banish, Excal's Super Jump. Plus it would be a neat way for newer players to experience older movesets.

That being said, even with all that, there's a strong chance it'd still be overpowered.

I think now that Umbra Forma exists, I dont think every warframe will receive the Umbra treatment because ANY warframe or weapon can now have access to the Umbra Polarity. 

Youd be wasting it on a none prime, but still anything now can become "Umbral"

I still think well get more Umbra frames. I just think its going to be the frames that first shipped with the game and possibly in the same release order as the Primes (Frost being #2).

To me this makes the most sense, as those frames deserve to recieve that treatment. But because of the Forma.....any Warframe can be an "Umbra" 

Im leading with that because I dont see DE giving us a "Custom Warframe" per say. But what they can do is tie the Umbra Formas and the Infested room together. 

Place an Umbral forma into X warframe, and take it to the chair. The chair is basically a mod table where you can change X stat on a warframe: Health, Armor, Energy etc. Each Warframe is now customizable to how you want it, this will have to be balanced, but its something that would be very interesting to have as each frames playstyle will change.

Thoughts?

Edited by (XB1)Cram Duahcim

well given de states more umbras are being discussed and how to deploy , we know more are coming.

steve also wanted this series to become its own thing, which as ive said before it has become to that point now, given the popularity and diversity it brings, but then how many umbras or how we get them is still up in the air 

the role of the umbra in squad or combat in general is to natively use umbra mods as well as debuf sentient adaption to help fellow squad members utilize offensive strategies against them

given that sentient and sentient based coprus units are coming the role of 1 or 2 umbras per squad is going to be a useful strategy 

I don't so much care about having other Umbra frames, especially since we have Umbral Forma, what I'm interested in is having the Umbra passive available on any frame I use.

The custom warframe could be a suitable alternative to this, as it could already have that passive, and I don't think it would invalidate the other frames any more than a Prime or Umbra would, because you would have to craft and then rank up to level 30 before a frame could be 'consumed' to strip just one of it's powers to the custom frame. The power would then be base level and would have to be leveled indepedently of the frame, like operators. Mods could still be used, but abilities would not be based on mastery rank so in order to raise the level you would have to consume another warframe and apply it to one of the four power slots. The slot you applied a frame to would determine which of that frame's powers were added. Applying a duplicate frame to a slot would increase its power level similarly to how arcanes work, while applying a different warframe to the same slot would change that ability to the consumed warframe's ability.

To start, this custom warframe would have no powers, or maybe only the first power of the frame sacrificed to build it, but with the 'Spectre mode' passive and a built in focus lense - because I'm letting my mind run wild with this concept and I see it as the operator essentially becoming a warframe themselves in physical form while still retaining their void form.

Just an idea, and I'm sure it could be balanced at least as well as anything else in this game. It would also solve the Umbra conundrum as well as giving a use to the infested room and tying together the Ballas, Lotus, and Alad V arcs as the operator ascends to their 'ultimate form'.

Edited by (XB1)Kavriel

2 hours ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

I don't so much care about having other Umbra frames, especially since we have Umbral Forma, what I'm interested in is having the Umbra passive available on any frame I use.

The custom warframe could be a suitable alternative to this, as it could already have that passive, and I don't think it would invalidate the other frames any more than a Prime or Umbra would, because you would have to craft and then rank up to level 30 before a frame could be 'consumed' to strip just one of it's powers to the custom frame. The power would then be base level and would have to be leveled indepedently of the frame, like operators. Mods could still be used, but abilities would not be based on mastery rank so in order to raise the level you would have to consume another warframe and apply it to one of the four power slots. The slot you applied a frame to would determine which of that frame's powers were added. Applying a duplicate frame to a slot would increase its power level similarly to how arcanes work, while applying a different warframe to the same slot would change that ability to the consumed warframe's ability.

To start, this custom warframe would have no powers, or maybe only the first power of the frame sacrificed to build it, but with the 'Spectre mode' passive and a built in focus lense - because I'm letting my mind run wild with this concept and I see it as the operator essentially becoming a warframe themselves in physical form while still retaining their void form.

Just an idea, and I'm sure it could be balanced at least as well as anything else in this game. It would also solve the Umbra conundrum as well as giving a use to the infested room and tying together the Ballas, Lotus, and Alad V arcs as the operator ascends to their 'ultimate form'.

isnt the point of umbra passive for the umrba frames the reason youd want the umbra frame for the sentience ?

honestly i think sentience should be an unlockable and then a toggle on off

17 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Place an Umbral forma into X warframe, and take it to the chair. The chair is basically a mod table where you can change X stat on a warframe: Health, Armor, Energy etc. Each Warframe is now customizable to how you want it, this will have to be balanced, but its something that would be very interesting to have as each frames playstyle will change.

Thoughts?

Sounds nice. The first thing I'd do would be turning Umbra's shields into HP.