Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

There would likely have to be general lore to explain it. Possibly alternate possible outcomes where 'Umbra' was different people, and thus became different frames when Ballas Umbra-fied them? Umbra as we know him was a swordsman, so he became Excal, for example.

its possible , we know many people including dax were used to make the frames per vitruvian and betrayed prior to us, and umbra excalibur was subject 9 so it may be more umbras were done simultaneously and some may have been ejected to the void or hidden throughout the star map and we have tor make them using railjack to locate 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

What makes you think more are in the works? From devstreams where they talked about the possibility of more Umbras, I got the impression that they weren't too eager to make more.

dev stream 125 said they are discussing more, is just how to deploy them 

i dont think they are on top of the priority list (sad as that is) , btu they would be handy in new war/railjack against sentients

12 hours ago, Loza03 said:

There would likely have to be general lore to explain it. Possibly alternate possible outcomes where 'Umbra' was different people, and thus became different frames when Ballas Umbra-fied them? Umbra as we know him was a swordsman, so he became Excal, for example.

A torcherd umbra would get a valkyr while the umbra that tried to save earths nature would be oberon/titainia umbra. Loza03 is bringing in the multveres. YAY!!!😎😁👍

Sorry for mispelled words

Edited by (XB1)Sans1571

Personally I think it would be cooler for us to rescue Ballas and ally with him in the Duviri Paradox. Possibly even get him a new body somehow, then he creates new Umbra frames for us to help with the New War, since it's clear he knows he's made a huge mistake now. He gave us his sword after all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Personally I think it would be cooler for us to rescue Ballas and ally with him in the Duviri Paradox. Possibly even get him a new body somehow, then he creates new Umbra frames for us to help with the New War, since it's clear he knows he's made a huge mistake now. He gave us his sword after all.

he gave us the mental BP of it not his personal one , also i find it more satisfying if he himself became an sentient warframe we all get , id think that would be a final fitting punishment to then aide us through into the future. or make him into an umbra to save him from the sentient affliction, either way id say dramatic irony would be right and it would be atonement. he did kind of infect colonies of humans via infested virus (great plague) , force convert people to warframes then betray all humanity for a pseudo margilus . given the vast amount of time and various evil deeds , eternal imprisonment as a warfarme  seems right 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

it would be op umbra wukong.  Imagine going operator mode and watching umbra wukong make another wukong as making many more clones with that, then you got another monkey clone army.

I think DE would ban this ability like they did with EB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

I think DE would ban this ability like they did with EB.

maybe or probably not, ever sense Wukong specter is dumb as hell doing the 3 button all the time and never used 4,1,2 ability at all.  Pretty much they did this long short while ago, dunno why they are forcing the AI becoming stupid but it doesn't seem fair to the game then again heck who is considering fair to be?  We got moments "Summoner Raid" and nekcros with just summoning gears specters.  Pretty much they already had a glitch with wukong's 1 ability which they patch it up long ago and also spawn massive amount of monkeys.

Pretty much its a massive $##! show already with this, basically if everyone gone wukong and just use specters wukong pretty much you got the same result of spamming king return again then just throw in the other specters.  

P.S the clone glitch is patch long ago.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

9 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

he gave us the mental BP of it not his personal one , also i find it more satisfying if he himself became an sentient warframe we all get , id think that would be a final fitting punishment to then aide us through into the future. or make him into an umbra to save him from the sentient affliction, either way id say dramatic irony would be right and it would be atonement. he did kind of infect colonies of humans via infested virus (great plague) , force convert people to warframes then betray all humanity for a pseudo margilus . given the vast amount of time and various evil deeds , eternal imprisonment as a warfarme  seems right 

That would be cool, all of his abilities would deal like 5% void damage

10 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

I wonder which warframe he would become.

11 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

He might not necessarily have to become a warframe to atone for what he's done. In his half-sentient state he seems to have ultimately realised how foolish he was to ally himself with Natah. The way he talks about how all the Tenno have done since their reawakening is destroy potential allies in the war to come, seems to suggest to me that he is thinking about ways to try and unite the system.

He didn't really betray all of humanity. He betrayed the Orokin caste of humanity, which were the ones who ordered the execution of Margulis. From what we've heard they weren't exactly the best bunch either so I don't think we can say Ballas is bad for killing them. As for forcibly converting people, yea he did do that, doesn't seem much different when a country forcibly enlists young men to go fight in wars they will more than likely die in.

Although it would be interesting to make him a warframe or even an AI. He could try and repair the damages he's done by becoming perhaps the new advisor to the Tenno, in honour of Margulis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

He didn't really betray all of humanity. He betrayed the Orokin caste of humanity, which were the ones who ordered the execution of Margulis. From what we've heard they weren't exactly the best bunch either so I don't think we can say Ballas is bad for killing them. As for forcibly converting people, yea he did do that, doesn't seem much different when a country forcibly enlists young men to go fight in wars they will more than likely die in.

Didn't he also try to send Tenno Reaervoir coordinates to Hunhow?

Edited by Ksaero
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Didn't he also try to send Tenno Reaervoir coordinates to Hunhow?

Yea, due to a combination of resenting the Tenno because in his mind they caused Margulis to rebel against the Seven Emporers, and because of Natah's influence. I think he's realised how badly he messed up though, since he now views both himself and the Tenno as fools for looking at Natah like she was someone she wasn't.

I just don't want to see Ballas take bow this early. I think his character has a lot of potential.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

umbra grakata would also be a thing then

Clem disapproved

5E3709g.gif

for we have clem prime fan-art drawing

Spoiler

edpASvJ.jpg

so why not clem umbra, more gray and red scarf still clinging on of his old friend that gave it to him.

Do you think we'll be seeing any more of him as a character rather than just another piece of equipment? Personally, I think it's kind of weird after he finds peace/acceptance/blood-fueled-absolution he just finds it acceptable to sit in your inventory, he doesn't even get a spot in your orbiter.

I'd have thought it would make sense that, with the absence of Lotus, and he having lost his own son, Umbra would would view the operator as a kind of surrogate son/daughter, and they Player having the option to reciprocate in the form of decisions presented to the player, like throughout The War Within or at the end of The Glast Gambit.

Even if it's not that, I just hope Umbra doesn't become forgotten in the perspective of the game's story, It'd be neat if he at least made appearances in your orbiter like a certain specific eldritch void entity.

• Like 2

I'd love a memorial for Isaah, imagine Umbra paying respect to it time to time and rest of the time he checks arsenal , foundry etc. Maybe even sits somewhere in Orbiter and sharpens his blade :O

An Operator and Umbra interaction would be nice too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

I'd love a memorial for Isaah, imagine Umbra paying respect to it time to time and rest of the time he checks arsenal , foundry etc. Maybe even sits somewhere in Orbiter and sharpens his blade 😮

An Operator and Umbra interaction would be nice too.

Maybe you return from a mission and see him fiddling with the crafting table or mod bench, and then he sees you and does that tsundere turn like in his idle animation.

Edited by Morrow
spelling

4 minutes ago, Morrow said:

Maybe you return from a mission and see him fiddling with the crafting table or mod bench, and then he see's you and does that tsundere turn like in his idle animation.

OMG , how can I erase it from my head.

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH.

Can't stop imagining it. Thanks Morrow !