Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

so had some talks about wolf i wanted to share

there is this theory he becomes the next male warframe 

I had a interesting contemplation , what if he becomes the next umbra frame

given that night-wave gives us out 1st umbra forma , what if we can infect wolf with umbras strain and make him a new umbra warframe? 

as we know grineer can be affected by the infested virus 

latest.png

it goes to reason they also could be infected by the warframe virus(es?) as they are genetically also human 

6 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Interesting theory, how would that work though?

The whole umbra thing was basically us coming to an understanding with Excal U and working towards a mutual goal. I don't think the Wolf would appreciate us turning him into a Warframe.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-05 at 2:40 AM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

STATUE UPDATE: 

not sure about others But  I just received my notice and its set for MAY , check your emails and see if you received a notice if your apart of batch 1 

Made it into batch 1 as well 😄

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lion said:

Interesting theory, how would that work though?

The whole umbra thing was basically us coming to an understanding with Excal U and working towards a mutual goal. I don't think the Wolf would appreciate us turning him into a Warframe.

well possibly we have to use the umbra forma and fuse it with him to start the process or perhaps use helmith and extract some virus tissue from excalibur umbra and then inject this into the wolf

or some combination of the two

perhaps as you said wold would not appreciate it , but then he has done things per nora that are outside the norm for a grineer

Why didn't he run? Why didn't he hit that Solar Rail as far as it would take him? Instead, he's stalking those soul-bare, money-huggers 'round Jupiter. My birds are sayin' the Corpus net got flipped. A system-wide message from the Wolf. DELIVER GHARN. Where'd a meathead learn a trick like that? And who's Gharn? Baby, you can guess... he's the Warden of Saturn Six! A big man, too well dressed for his station, too well fed for his rank. And he's in the solar wind too... think he knows how the Wolf came to howlin'?"

he already knows hacking of corpus tech and is it seems per each act is on a hunt for gharn maybe we need to work together and he needs that extra power and strength only a warframe has to take his revenge?

Just now, Ksaero said:

Made it into batch 1 as well 😄

congrats

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

So I'm guessing the Umbral forma just adds a polarity? With regular forma now getting the bonus of a second energy color, maybe Umbral forma could add a second passive? Say, spectre mode like Umbra?

Damnit I'm tired of Excalibur 😆

who knows, i know normal forma can be used in building things so i was keeping mine incase a new umbra requires one to be built 

As I was casually surfing the wikia yesterday, I noticed an article pertaining to an interesting cosmetic. The Umbra Beast helmet has an interesting design asthetic, reminiscient of the traditional Excalibur motifs with the orokin accents. It seems more visually interesting compared to the original helmet.

However, it's currently an exclusive to the Chinese build of the game. I can't be certain if they just released it early just as they did with Umbra Prime, but hopefully DE plans to release the helmet globally within in the future. What does everyone else think?

latest?cb=20190416040118

• Like 2

Dunno if that ever will come over to be honest, seeing as it’s a compensation for Chinaframe Founders. Would be neat but I prefer the base Umbra helmet, which (in my contrary opinion to the OP) looks much more like base Excalibur then the Beast helmet.

Edited by OmegaZero

vor 3 Minuten schrieb .OwOkin.:

but do the china warframe founder get to keep their umbra prime warframe?
or it turn into normal umbral warframe?
also what happens to excal umbra prime radial blind. will it be replaced with Radial Howl ?

They kept umbra prime.

Afaik Umbra Prime has still radial blind but i am not too deep in chinese founder lore

31 minutes ago, (XB1)A Excal Umbra said:

Quite the odd helmet, this one. Saw this a couple weeks ago and now I know what it’s called. I personally don’t like it. 

I feel the same way. I much prefer the Umbra helmets we already have. Don't care if we never get this one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (NSW)Glaive-012 said:

As I was casually surfing the wikia yesterday, I noticed an article pertaining to an interesting cosmetic. The Umbra Beast helmet has an interesting design asthetic, reminiscient of the traditional Excalibur motifs with the orokin accents. It seems more visually interesting compared to the original helmet.

However, it's currently an exclusive to the Chinese build of the game. I can't be certain if they just released it early just as they did with Umbra Prime, but hopefully DE plans to release the helmet globally within in the future. What does everyone else think?

latest?cb=20190416040118

nFWqL5g.png

: / its just a founders helm provided due to the sacrifice on stararmor

30 day exclusivity of star armor aside i think it will make its way too global 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

6 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Image result for excalibur beast helmet

Is it me or does the body colour seem different to what he have? He also looks slimmer.

Yeah. Excalibur Umbra Prime was darker. His cloth was black, not gray. His gray parts were a darker gray. He's not slimmer though.

7 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Image result for excalibur beast helmet

Is it me or does the body color seem different to what he have? He also looks slimmer.

thats the old non pbr updated one from initial release on star armor

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

I just want the Stalkers helmet lol thats all I want. 

And Umbra Frost. 

.w . umbra frost you say 

frost umbra  by DrkMako

-side note i should probably get back to making these

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so with whats been said on dev stream new war is not happening before tennocon 

and devs have said non lore based umbras being on works , I hope some drop during the new war though

Eh, given how updates have been lately, I won't hold my breath Drk. I mean like at Wisp, Abriartions.

DE Keep saying how "Massive and expanding" New War is, not just a "Quest" but they said this before Tennocon, now look what happened.