Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RELL is... the STALKER??

XAvICoreZ

1 hour ago, Hieracon said:

The Stalker was a low guardian. There is differentiation between him and the Tenno is his own codex lore. Its more likely that he is someone using transference on a Warframe to hunt the Tenno. The Silver Grove did confirm that its possible for non-Tenno to do it but it takes a heavy toll on them.

Stalker is simply a 'Guardian' and not a 'Low Guardian'. If you go and reread Stalker's Codex entry, pay attention to the capitalization of the title, you will see "low Guardian". That indicates that the "low" is not an official part of the title. It was probably Stalker feeling a little salty about his position.

Also, the part about Stalker being some random person that used Transference to hunt Tenno and got trapped is conjecture and unlikely IMO. Stalker seems to share quite a bit of similarities with the Solar Rail Specters(Orokin loyalty, shadow references, etc). If anything, being a Guardian of the Solar Rail Junctions, is probably a role that Stalker had before the Orokin Empire fell. Since all of the Junctions are currently occupied by a Specter, that leaves one Solar Rail Junction that hasn't been implemented into the game, and that is the one leading to Tau. The Tau Solar Rail is probably Stalker's post before he left it on his path for vengeance. Stalker being a Solar Rail Guardian can be assumed from him mentioning the Naga Drums being heard "Across all our worlds", since each world/planet has a junction, and "I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians".

I believe this makes sense as to why Stalker was unable to do anything to stop the slaughter as he was too far from the ceremony, manning his post, like all of the other Specters/Guardians.

So i think Stalker was always in that Warframe during the collapse. Guardians could possibly be Tenno reprogrammed to be loyal to the Orokin(sort of how Ballas reprogrammed Ordan Karris to be loyal to the Operator), that were then chained into a Warframe to serve as guards for the rails.

6 hours ago, XAvICoreZ said:

Guys, just a few observations and thoughts...

First the stalker in the Second Dream grab our Operator's neck and pull us up...

Then, remember this when we choose the option: "a fight" when talked to lotus in the ship after completing the Second Dream? "

• I remember everyone was laughing outside an airlock. This kid had a boy by the throat. I didn't think it was funny at all.

AND NOW this new comic saying:

• "He`s not going, I remember him from classes. He`s weird, can`t risk it".

Well... From a personal point of view.. I think this is gonna be a awesome quest!!!!!

Stalker grabs operator by the throat.

Operator remembers someone else getting grabbed by the throat.

Therefore the kid that got grabbed by the throat = Stalker?

That connection is janky as hell

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

The Tenno might have some connection when in physical contact with each other

It may just be part of Rell's "weirdness". Could be physical contact isn't something he's either used to, or comfortable with.

5 hours ago, Evanescent said:

From what I gather for Rell it works like a fidget spinner and helps him cope with stress or focus his attention or something. This is why he says '...keep it turning'.

Hmm...perhaps it helps him centre himself, a kind of meditative aid as he tries to figure something out?

He certainly seems to be more...how put...interested in trying to understand what else was going on with his mum. Certainly doesn't seem to be too bothered about that arsehole blocking him coming in, pretty much instantly turning back to thinking it through after noting 'touching is too much noise' which is an...odd turn of phrase.

Not an excuse to lock him out though. Here's hoping the arse got socked upside the head.

Rell definitely reads as being on the spectrum. Lack of emotional affect, verbal tics and mumbling, more vocal and social kids find him to be challenging, finds physical contact with other people to be 'noisy', as in it's too stimulating. If you've ever worked with autistic kids, Rell is almost overdone and stereotypical, in fact.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

3 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

Stalker is simply a 'Guardian' and not a 'Low Guardian'. If you go and reread Stalker's Codex entry, pay attention to the capitalization of the title, you will see "low Guardian". That indicates that the "low" is not an official part of the title. It was probably Stalker feeling a little salty about his position.

Also, the part about Stalker being some random person that used Transference to hunt Tenno and got trapped is conjecture and unlikely IMO. Stalker seems to share quite a bit of similarities with the Solar Rail Specters(Orokin loyalty, shadow references, etc). If anything, being a Guardian of the Solar Rail Junctions, is probably a role that Stalker had before the Orokin Empire fell. Since all of the Junctions are currently occupied by a Specter, that leaves one Solar Rail Junction that hasn't been implemented into the game, and that is the one leading to Tau. The Tau Solar Rail is probably Stalker's post before he left it on his path for vengeance. Stalker being a Solar Rail Guardian can be assumed from him mentioning the Naga Drums being heard "Across all our worlds", since each world/planet has a junction, and "I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians".

I believe this makes sense as to why Stalker was unable to do anything to stop the slaughter as he was too far from the ceremony, manning his post, like all of the other Specters/Guardians.

So i think Stalker was always in that Warframe during the collapse. Guardians could possibly be Tenno reprogrammed to be loyal to the Orokin(sort of how Ballas reprogrammed Ordan Karris to be loyal to the Operator), that were then chained into a Warframe to serve as guards for the rails.

This is most likely true IMO.

3 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

Unlikely. The Old War was an event that nearly wiped out the Orokin empire. A victory would be a grand event that would be celebrated across the planets. Also the event took place at a stadium "When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium" and Stalker tries to call out "I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped". If he wasn't there in person why would he even try this? Dont also forget that he noticed the Tenno were poised, I dont think that's something you can see from just a recording of the event. Also the junction to Tau is not a solar rail, its a void junction. A interstellar rail.

Edited by Hieracon

@EmptyDevil

There is another useful bit of information about the Stalker: He, she, or it is highly technically capable. Hunhow pulled the location of the Moon in the Void from the Lotus' mind, and based on that, the Stalker was able to forge a new Void Key to access the cloaking tower. Based on what we know, that's like someone drawing you a picture of an airfield and you then using that information to hit the control tower with a cruise missile from over the horizon.

Looks like the lore has been connected. HYPE!!!!

The question is...how were they able to survive without their oxygen? Because the hull has been breach?

And at the end, that girl tried to bring Rell with them because that guy doesn't want him with them because he is weird? And no one dare to objected with him as they left him behind? 

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Rell definitely reads as being on the spectrum. Lack of emotional affect, verbal tics and mumbling, more vocal and social kids find him to be challenging, finds physical contact with other people to be 'noisy', as in it's too stimulating. If you've ever worked with autistic kids, Rell is almost overdone and stereotypical, in fact.

Indeed. Though to play devil's advocate, for the amount of time they have to establish a character being only eight pages, it's likely a necessary concession...maybe.

1 hour ago, satsujinki01 said:

The question is...how were they able to survive without their oxygen? Because the hull has been breach?

Shielding, maybe? Orokin could probably do a Star Trek tier 'No windows, just shields' thing if they wanted. Evidently something is in effect to prevent decompression as the situation goes.

Or it could be part of the Void related weirdness. It does defy science and reason, after all, and there is a freaking crack in reality eating the ship so...

1 hour ago, satsujinki01 said:

And at the end, that girl tried to bring Rell with them because that guy doesn't want him with them because he is weird? And no one dare to objected with him as they left him behind?

When people are agitated and scared, or unsure what to do, someone taking charge can just lead to people holding back.

Then you've the problem of Bystander Syndrome: if no one else is trying to help, people don't come forward. Even if Ginger (I think she's ginger? Colourblind...) tried to argue the point, Rell wasn't making any effort and just got back to minding his own business, compounding the potential 'not getting involved' going on.

If Rell is the Stalker that means he is the stalker cause his brain is messed up.

He said that touching is too much noise. That sounds like those people that have their senses messed up, they can smell colors, etc, etc.

So when he was put through that system to connect to frames it must've been all crazy for him.

Does this mean that all the Stalkers are people with brain disabilities?

15 hours ago, XAvICoreZ said:

Guys, just a few observations and thoughts...

First the stalker in the Second Dream grab our Operator's neck and pull us up...

Then, remember this when we choose the option: "a fight" when talked to lotus in the ship after completing the Second Dream? "

• I remember everyone was laughing outside an airlock. This kid had a boy by the throat. I didn't think it was funny at all.

AND NOW this new comic saying:

• "He`s not going, I remember him from classes. He`s weird, can`t risk it".

Well... From a personal point of view.. I think this is gonna be a awesome quest!!!!!

tbh theres no connection. being weird is one thing, grabbing some one by the throat is another. if rell did that i dont think the tenno that blocked him from coming in would call him weird but rather violent or crazy and mention that part. right now youre just grabbing at straws. also the object he playing with yes upside down has the outer shape to stalkers icon but then again a lot of orokin things do. 

with DE and lore i say we sit back and wait.

23 hours ago, Evanescent said:

Look at this, it looks like the ring from the relic segment. From what I gather for Rell it works like a fidget spinner and helps him cope with stress or focus his attention or something. This is why he says '...keep it turning'.

taGc976.jpg

1) There's no observational evidence to support that fidget spinners do anything. People need to stop believing these are anything more than toys that have the word "fidget" thrown in them as if they have any use to occupational therapists and their patients.

2) I won't deny that it's perhaps some sort of focus for him though. A font of power, or perhaps it's simply a sort of neuroses that he has about this thing? /shrug