Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

IRace around with Volt. Set up obstacle crosses. Fish for 6 hours. 

Switch to my Mesa main and walk around like Clint Eastwood killing Grineer. Be like..

I see Grineer armor I kill the clone wearing it!! ( not clem tho, clem is cool)

*a wannabe Grineer gunslinger walks into Cetus wanting a duel* "who thinks they can outshoot me, the fastest gun on the plains?"

*I step up as my Mesa* "I'll be your Huckleberry!"

you and I both know you're gonna run around those plains as Mesa with a Sybaris and Pandero, now don't we? ;)

I'd assume you party up with people at the relay itself so you can see what frame they got..

If that's the case, you can pick and choose whether you want that ivara trying to be robin hood, or the ember with an atterax on its back, trying to convince you it knows what to do.

Edited by Orblit

8 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

I think having splitting a squad up (each squad member having their own objective, or two teams of two tenno) and taking on separate objectives as a part of one mission is the way to go.

Did you use public matchmaking in warframe at all? What are you saying is basically 'bring three friends/clanmates or go home'.

Okay, so at TennoCon, whether you were there in person or saw it online, they released a trailer for Plains of Eidolon, an open-world area with a colony of people that farm flesh from dormant Orokin Derelicts. So, with this open-world expansion, we will be able to join a group of 4 and go around the plains attacking enemies, including the big monster that spawns at night!  So the part that caught my eye was...

~!!Building Your Own Melee!!~

So, the reason I'm so excited for this was that ever since I've started playing this, I've always wanted to have different weapons from everyone else, that were built to my taste. One of the things I've wanted was a Pole-Arm with blades, and now it's possible! 

Also, we saw that in the open-world area, you can use Archwings, even if you aren't underwater! I thought this to be exciting because it was so boring just playing with my Archwing underwater or in space, and now I can use it in wherever I want! 

Maybe a new quest will come out with this update that has to do with the Plains, or the people who live in the town in general.

Also, Excalibur Umbra, which many people have been excited about, but in my opinion, the Plains of Eidolon is a MUCH better thing for me than Excalibur Umbra. 

potential add-ons that could happen after the plains come out or events that involve newer quests and such. newer and larger or more fantastical creatures can now be thought of now that there is space for it to make actual sense ( remember the sentient carriers, they didn't have much design sense as there are not very many large, open, outdoor spaces on lua), what this opens up are more things that rpgs use in their games, such as treasures that help with tools that can be hunted for instead of the resource grinding.

42 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Fracturing the player base. Making several "layers" on top of the existing star chart just thins out the players even more.

Compared to what? Players completely avoidng lower levels?  High level players don't go to Earth unless it's a sortie. Selecting difficulty can change that. How is it not separated now? If anything, it would spread out the player base more giving new players a better chance at encountering generous players

4 minutes ago, (PS4)TwilightGrim said:

such as treasures that help with tools that can be hunted for instead of the resource grinding.

That's what I'm also excited for, because resource grinding gets old and boring really fast, and I would rather have to do something fun to get whatever the object is, like finishing a quest from a villager, or doing an actual quest.

-Creating your own Melee. AWESOME!:laugh:

-Get to use Archwing outside of Archwing missions. AWESOME!:laugh:

-Can buy a unique mask for my tenno (hopefully one that can look like Equinox). AWESOME!:laugh:

-Being able to fight some more sentients. AWESOME!:laugh:

Like seriously why wouldn't anyone be excited for it. I'm on console, meaning I won't get to see if for a while and I am still excited for it. Why? Because it is AWESOME! :laugh:

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Lilybad said:

That's what I'm also excited for, because resource grinding gets old and boring really fast, and I would rather have to do something fun to get whatever the object is, like finishing a quest from a villager, or doing an actual quest.

I can't see quest being fun if the difficulty is geared towards new players. Kaiju fighting is fin, but I hope that's not the only PoE content for vets.

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I can't see quest being fun if the difficulty is geared towards new players. Kaiju fighting is fin, but I hope that's not the only PoE content for vets.

I mean, it just gives you something different to do than doing a level, finishing, doing a level, finishing, doing a level, finishing, then building something. It just gives it more, I don't know, depth I guess.

9 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If not the quest alone, you can expect more entertainment from the following :
Focus system
Operator with weapon
More Lore on the warframe as well as the "Sacrifice" for Umbra
Different type of resource gathering ( Fishing and all that )
exploration
Flying around
I now realize I've named a few things that aren't directly linked to PoE, but rather coming around that time. My bad

I'm fairly certain there won't be any quest that is considered "fun" if it's geared towards high veteran ( Thinking 80-100 ) as it'll all end up being a cheese fest rather than a play and enjoy quest.

Though I do understand where you're coming from as well, quests like those in a level 10-15 open world is bound to be quite underwhelming unless you unmod your weapons on purpose...
I stand here waiting to be surprised.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

9 hours ago, kyori said:

I have seen so many threads wanting challenge in the game... but it is not about enemy being harder to kill, so what is it that you guys want?

Recently saw a thread complaining that nox is difficult to kill because a lot of armor etc, since it is hard to kill doesn't it mean that it is challenging?

Or the 'challenge' that everyone meant is... 'high level enemies but easy to kill'? lol

More units like the Nox. Damage output isn't ridiculous, but isn't something that can just be ignored, and requires intelligent play to kill them that seems to scale pretty well thus far. Enemies that show innovation and desire to challenge players with it rather than taking our heads off in one hit or requiring mag after mag to kill. That would be great.

I do agree as well that being able to jump into instances with a higher base difficulty for both endless and standard missions would be great.