Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want another difficult to acquire clan weapon....

Hypernaut1

Anyone else find that researching hema was a positive clanship building activity?

hhn.gif

You freaking monster. Go grind to death for fun for something else. Preferably a thing that has nothing to do with anything you can only acquire by building or buying it so you won't fck up with other people's experience of WF.

6 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Despite all the backlash DE got for the hema requirements, I thought it was cool and gave my (ghost) clan a long term goal that took us about 3 months to accomplish.

I don't think they should all take months to complete, but I find some long term clan farm goals to be fun.

Anyone else find that researching hema was a positive clanship building activity?

No it was not positive for my clan.

We banded together, I believe for one last time to make the glorious push to obtain the clan BP for the Ignis Wraith.

Even before that, the clan seemed to be losing much of the old guard.  Most of us have careers and a way we like to play and are too independent-minded (ironically a clan strength) to ever have let the HEMA have dominion over us or cause friction with it's requirements.

The turnover I've seen shows that at best, the HEMA had no impact.

We have all the research beyond the HEMA, but it's as if my clan is Rome before the walls fell...

7 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If anything it forced clan members to really look at dead weight in their rosters.  I already had the Hema because I bought the Nidus bundle, but I was still willing to farm it for the clan.  The issue that came up was when we realized that only about 20 people in the Moon clan was actually contributing to anything.  That is when things changed. 

7 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Despite all the backlash DE got for the hema requirements, I thought it was cool and gave my (ghost) clan a long term goal that took us about 3 months to accomplish.

I don't think they should all take months to complete, but I find some long term clan farm goals to be fun.

CkcBhbYUgAAVsYu.jpg:large

tough subject this one. a lot of players really didn't like the Hema Grind, in fact there's probably some who are STILL grinding for it passively. personally I accepted the challenge and worked on it. it took a while, but it definitely gave me a reason to play the Derelict for once, prior to mutagen farming I only went there for Kavat Codes, and now I'm back to only running the odd Ayatan mission there.

I'd be fine if it were extraordinary amounts of a common resource, 5 million salvage for example, but DE always choose to make sinks for rare resources in order to try and keep people playing. we cannot guarantee they wouldn't make the same mistake twice, so I'm not entirely convinced Hema 2.0 is what we need right now.

As long as the weapon is actually worth more then the cost and the MR points it gives then I don't mind high material requirements.

But as a clan team building? That just gave me a good laugh. Reminds me of the military and those unit "moral" activities lol. 

I didn't find the hema to be really positive or negative. Still in progress and probably never gonna get done cuz there's no reason for me or anyone to head to the derelict unless they feel inclined to do so. I built my clan to just be a passive place where peeps can get their gear and do whatever. I don't think I've actually talked to anyone in months but we're just really laid back. Having a grind like the hema sorta showed us we need to get our rears in gear to farm but eh, still haven't lol

Depends on the weapon. Personally I don't like mutagen sample grind still 250k to go since hema release. For scourge oxium still bearable 1week. 

If most of ghost clan / starting clan find it too easy, make the resource required "ballance" for all clans tier (lets take the middle one storm tier clan) So if the ghost clan finds it too hard they could start recruiting player.

for me it wouldn't really make a difference since I already stopped spending money on this game ever since the hema grind and DE was like ''we understand the grind is heavy and we made a mistake but we don't care have so have fun with the grind, oh and here's a bs excuse to top it off''

until the hema gets a reasonable price, say 20/30/40 mutagen mass I don't spend any more money on this game.

to me the HEMA is a sign of greed still, they want more money, what better way to get more money than to make a weapon require a inordinate amount of resources, and hey it worked, I remember them saying ALLOT of players bought the weapon with play, but just know such bs shady business practices caused you to lose me as a customers, makes me feel bad for even being a founder

Edited by cghawk

17 hours ago, Miser_able said:

I'd be fine with it, as long as it isn't mutagen. I would much rather prefer it requiring like a million orokin cells over mutagen. 

I can agree with this honestly.

I wouldn't mind something requiring a crud ton of Control Modules myself, we have way too much of those and everything that requires them take one or very few.

17 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

"Yes, I want another gear to set apart the elites and the casuals. Something for the hardcores to do and alienate the casuals away so I can play with those elites".

Another one of this, huh? What, now that the Hema megathread is locked you fell like you're missing something so you want to stir the hornet nest again?

Let the Hema and aggravated grind to rest. DE themselves already admitted it's a mistake.

If they actually believed it to be a mistake, they would have fixed it. Changing one number is utterly trivial. Adding a script to refund the excess spent is pretty easy now that there's a tracker for member contributions to the clan (sadly, it's still not itemised).

No, they're dead set on putting the thumbscrews to their playerbase.

9 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

If they actually believed it to be a mistake, they would have fixed it. Changing one number is utterly trivial. Adding a script to refund the excess spent is pretty easy now that there's a tracker for member contributions to the clan (sadly, it's still not itemised).

No, they're dead set on putting the thumbscrews to their playerbase.

Yeah, isn't that the official response and stance from DE? which more or less goes:

"Yeah, it's a mistake. We went too far, but we won't change it to honor those who have already farmed for it."

Isn't that the response? I'm just re-stating what I hear.

Edited by Gamma745

38 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Yeah, isn't that the official response and stance from DE? which more or less goes:

"Yeah, it's a mistake. We went too far, but we won't change it to honor those who have already farmed for it."

Isn't that the response? I'm just re-stating what I hear.

That was indeed their response - it was stupid when they said it and it's still stupid now.

If its fair to those soloing everything like i am ... Then fine...

I finally got the HEMA this week thanks thanks for the final touch from a veteran who join my clan ... Now i don't want to even try the HEMA because of how much i hated the needed ingredients, it was an overkill x.x

20 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Honestly I AGREE, clan play is fun, its nice coming together. Thats why dark sectors were a nice thing to do back in the day... But oh well

22 hours ago, Zeyez said:

this could work for your ghost clan... but becomes annoying for Tempest size and above, since the only place that we can farm is Derelict (since DE doesn't care about Eris's drop chance)... and most of the active players on my clan doesn't have any reason to go there

we still need 32.800 mutagen samples... and almost half of it was done by myself... we could end this already if was equivalent amount on mutagen mass  (that means, 5k mass, instead of 50k samples) because we can craft and earn by doing infested invasions

and remember: Derelict doesn't have any public groups because we only can access by using keys, instead of Eris that could go on Public

Yes. I believe the biggest downside to this would be the big clans infested with scrubs which would have very large sums of resources to get, but barely no one to farm them. This is the main reason as for why I wouldn't mind a long term goal, but not under those circumstances. My clan was a great mountain clan and hema forced us to do house cleaning and downsize, thus in the end I'd be against it.

Ok, maybe mutagen sample as a resource were a bad idea, but do more people agree to releasing a weapon that serves as a long term goal for clans? Using activated resources at least?

The last few weapons I funded entirely by myself moments after it's release. It almost felt like an arbitrary time wall because the resource cost was so inconsequential. No one really was invested in the research at all, it wasn't a semi-celebration that it was completed. 

I will say that based on previous clan events and the complaints about hema scaling, I've been reluctant to upgrade my clan from ghost, even though we are at capacity. This has forced me to drop members that have been inactive for months, especially if that long stretch came during an event.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Yes. I believe the biggest downside to this would be the big clans infested with scrubs which would have very large sums of resources to get, but barely no one to farm them. This is the main reason as for why I wouldn't mind a long term goal, but not under those circumstances. My clan was a great mountain clan and hema forced us to do house cleaning and downsize, thus in the end I'd be against it.

To be honest, my clan improved after clearing out low activity members. I still have them on a friend's list, so I haven't lost contact, but many of them have stayed inactive. I filled their spots with currently active  enthusiastic members. 

Edited by Hypernaut1